Which AWD is best?

So who makes the best AWD system Veeky Forums? SUV, truck, or passenger car. Defend your vote.

pic related, my choice

you think the best awd system is 30+ years old?

you're dreaming.

haldex

Best awd system is a 50/50 user
Which applies to a lot of awd cars being made because they’re marketed to consumers as being watered down derivatives of rally cars.

Not specifically 80’s era quattro, but the rwd biased quattro systems are my personal favorite.

I've seen some golfs put down some amazing power for their weight with their awd

have to disagree

Dynamic weight distribution means that front rear split should be 40/60 for offroad and more like 30/70 for road.
There is alot more weight over the rearaxle when accelerating compared to the front axle. you're wasting torque putting more than 40% through the front wheels

followed closely by 4matic

X-drive

quattro, quattro, quattro, quattro, and quattro.

you gotta give audi credit that shit was bangin' in the 80s, revolutionary as fuck, but technology improves.

the best is probably some F1 shit that i wouldn't even understand.

Holy fuck! A thread with an awesome OP car and not some commodity toyoyta or ford McMeme mobile

Actual torsen like the rs6 and rs7
Bonus: haldex in the 911 because the engine is in the back, rwd is default until the front needs power
The new raptor's (?) 2wd/awd/4wd setup, it sounds really neat
Subie's awd
X-drive
The new s1 quattro's haldex system (acts more like full time awd)
4matic in the more expensive benz's
General stuff like Jeep
>insert all mommy snow start assisted fwd
fwd only
"""Awd""" like the shitsu outlander PHEV where there's a shitty 1.6L i4 FF and some electric motors powering the rear. It could have been a neat idea but this shit never works like it's supposed to. Even the volvo v90 t8 shit has this. Amazingly popular in Europe because muh awd + muh tax incentives.

SH-AWD
(srs)

The best awd system? For what purpose?
Tarmac, attesa e-ts 100%
Putting locked power down to the front wheels is just asking to go to understeer city, and pure retardation.
Don't know enough about rally, but I don't think any division over 30:70 would be too good either

Subaru because fuck the rain, I'm going 80.

>thinking you need awd to go 80 in the rain
Good goy. I bet you also think you need atleast 250 hp to get up to that speed, huh?

>250
The fuck you on, 160 NA is more than enough. What's nice about AWD is you don't have to give a shit, it just goes.

>160
Actually plenty of euro tin cans do 150 kph / 90 mph just fine with 61 hp

Thanks for proving my point.

depends what for
>on road
Lancia
Lamborghini
Porsche

>off road on Light
Haflinger
panda
samurai