/bbg/- Bloodborne General

CHUNK SPELUNK EDITION

Got purged >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zGphv4fF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you get those Bell Maidens

Chalices would be better if the started with the Defiled chalice. Everything before that is just meaningless fluff.

FORGOT THE CALCULATOR, SORRY LADS
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

For once, Lucy, you're actually right

Sanadsk said the vid should be out today, CUT CONTENT BROS, ARE YOU READY?

>cut part of the OP to make it chunkier
Thanks chunkeroo

Anyone want to join low level spelunking?
Starting a Central Pthumeru Chalice and ringing the bell with friend as password.
If you dont want the static dungeon ill make a root one after im done with this one.

Thanks for all the help with the DLC! Never don't have enjoyable co op runs

Is the Beast Cutter all blunt?

ye

Story chalices are just so badly done. It almost discourages you from starting new characters because of how badly you need to grind to get good blood gems to make builds.

me and other 2 anons did something similar with augur yesterday

>not tentacle raping him

I save that for special occasions

should I go for the bloodtinge gem version of bowblade, or is the regular version better? Not sure what kind of bonuses blt gems give or how likely they'll show up

Anyone wanna give me a hand with Abhorrent Beast Lower Loran L2? Password is cats

coming

Waiting for anyone else interested

srrcing

why would you use the bowblade if you arent going to shoot arrows? of course you go for the circle version

Guys I accidentally killed the doll. Why is she so fragile?!

she respawns

For easy bullying

I just realized today that you can only have 10 active notes

>Kill a maiden
>Not all the spiders die

STOP THIS

no

So the spelunks
Where they happening boys

/bbg/ post hunters and best rated note . Show how effay are you with clothes and the pen

>waiting to get beckoned
>put controller down
>L2 accidentally
>shoot and lose a bullet

Thanks for joining Albatross, was good fun!

Im level 45, should I run some root chalices layer 2 for lowlevel gems or should I just jump right into layer 3? My weapon is +7 so it deals some damage atleast.

>finish off a story dungeon after an hour
>PS4 suddenly starts lagging everywhere in the menus and accessing anything

[worriedlaughter].jpg

I think there's a watcher in lower Pthumeru that drops 20% gems

>Talking to Valtr to complete the last of his quests
>Adjust position on couch
>controller registers L2
At least now I have two buckets to hold all these vermin

i always do the main game up to mensis before I do pthu depth 3, rom and blb don't fuck around

about that, are those watchers a boss or just a lone watcher in main area

There's one student in the Lecture hall that stays sitting when you do an echoes run through there and I always put "no mercy for dullards" right under him that gets a lot of fines

I don't remember all of it but I think it's guarding a lever. Not sure what layer it's in though

>he farms echoes

Hope there is hintertombs 4 and 5 roots and maybe more with a meaningful diverse enemy pool
I hardlyplay bb online anymore after 8k hours and something like that would be a good reason to retire offline.

Not anymore, but I still put the note down when I pass through

>clever notes like that or "no mercy for fatty, therefore run" in front of mirror get a few upboats
>"fear the old blood" and other praise the sun tier shit near lanterns get thousands of upboats

Anyone wanna give me a hand with Ailing BSB? pass bbg259. He's too floppy

FRC Hintertombs when

with the powderkeg DLC

true but I just made an arcane char last week so im quite full on the main game leveling.
This bloodtinge char will mostly spend his days in the dungeons.

And on that note I started a Lower Pthumeru Chalice with password friend so feel free to join. ringing the bell in 30 sec

Why even add the Rakuyo when BoM are better and more fun?

all of your settings right?

Is anybody spelunking/farming?

Why even add 90% of the weapons when the Saw Spear is better?

Why even add the saw spear when the cleaver is superior?

Because it's not

He's dead, user. Sorry I usually post my thanks but got distracted by food

Because they're far more fun to use than the Cleaver. Rakuyo is literally just BoM but slower and clunkier, and more importantly has a FAR less satisfying trick/untrick sound effect

While they both fill the niche of "fast, duel-wielded skill weapon," they do go about it in different ways. BoM is much better at single strikes but weaker when it comes to R1 spam due to the lower damage and range. Rakuyo is a more well-rounded weapon for PvE, in my opinion. I use both pretty extensively, because I find both quite fun and they have their own strengths and weaknesses

I like both as well but I have trouble building beasthood as fast with the Rakuyo.

The gimmick with bom is the dodge attacks are more powerful than the standing ones

Yeah, Beasthood generation is not one of Rakuyo's strengths. I personally have a Saw Spear that I use when I want to build a lot of beasthood very quickly. BoM is better at it than the Rakuyo, but nothing beats the Saw in beasthood production (on skill builds at least).

To be fair I enjoy the untricked Rakuyo more than BoM, and I do like the gimmick of easily switching between thrusts and swipes. The moveset as a whole just doesn't feel as fluid to me. BoM feel like how a skill build should feel imo. Both are cool though

>"Fear fatty"
>I bet it's some shitty shotgun wa-
>Naked mace watcher
>Grab lever then BHM out

This is probably the only enemy in the game that genuinely frightens me

as a single attack yeah, but the later stages of thr BoM r1 combo absolutely shits out damage

Why do people have a problem with these dudes? Just dash around as they slam into nothing then punish, rinse repeat. Madmen are the ones that make me clench

Who wants to bully Mico?
lvl 74, pass bbg, ringing at the boss fog

Running and dash R1s, and R2s also have really good multipliers

Anyone wanna run thru basic Defiled Pthu?

BL 85

PW is WEWUZ

Will be ringing at 1st Layer

Sure

Yeah, hence the "better at single strikes." I probably could have been more explicit

This is quite true. However getting to the later stages of the R1 combo isn't as easy as 2-3 swings with a Rakuyo. It requires an enemy that won't go down in just a few swings and doesn't hit or move away from you long enough to have the 4th+ swings. I believe the 4th swing has a 1.20 multiplier, the same as the running/dashing R1s

I'm about to make mine as well. I scratch your back, you scratch mine? I'll ring for yours in a second

>fat guy guarding lever
>might as well kill him
>he has 3.5k health

what the fuck

I've done so much beckoning I suck ass at almost every boss solo now. I've been spoiled bbg.

Do I have to? I've done so many builds alone user, I just want to be comfy

>enemies poising through Cannon shots
This should not be possible
This thing is so expensive to fire, it should be a guaranteed stagger on non-bosses for absolute sure

SRRCing

will be back in the dungeon soon, just switching in some runes.

>low level (50) at ludwig boss door
>get summoned by some guy whos wearing full cainhurst armor
>start boss fight
>cainhurst fag runs from boss and doesnt attack
>its atleast ng+++ and the fag is clapping as i fight the boss with my fully blunt log wheel
>i solo without getting hit
>2nd phase
>cainhurst guy still clapping
>2 mins later get ludwig to do the big sword moon wave
>i steer it exactly towards the cainhurst armor guy and he dies while clapping
Ive never been so satifyied in my life

That's what I've resigned to. Idgaf about being 'gud' anymore, especially in PvE. Its more fun to just mosey around with 3 people

nice

No rush, layer 2 lamp?

Did you clap back?

I think it's just PTSD from the first one I encountered catching me off guard. They move incredibly fast for their size and are way more aggressive compared to other watchers

But being gud and doing things solo is comfy too

Im in the side area before 2nd boss atm

I pointed at him the exact time the moon beam went out

webm?

No, sorry
I dont record ever

ops im dumb, I forgot to ring the bell. sorry

Want to ring your resonant for my defiled keeper?

Alright, the mushroom Watchers farm is back up

pwmf22gu, foggate
pass: shroom

Come get whatever gems you've been farming two weeks for
Let me know if you're coming so I can wait

No problem, I was running through the pre-boss area. Ringing now at the fog.

You have to post several webms now

Spelunk?

whats your PW?

WEWUZ