Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pVpMKoNyiGM&t=124s
youtube.com/watch?v=Cyod9hHTpfY
youtu.be/lRV2lGY1zqg?t=2m48s
youtube.com/watch?v=WRHi9oyMXqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder that if the your game doesn't have keepaway, it's not a game worth playing.

playbuki

Reminder that when evaluating if a game is good or bad all that really matters is if the characters faces look good.
And if you don't agree with this and instead consider silly things like game mechanics and stuff to be important then you are an obvious shill for disagreeing with the obvious truth of my enlightened mind.

Play sniff

You have 30 seconds to pre-order Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite or Rashid's wife gets it

Play Symphosniff

You have TEN (10) seconds to explain why you aren't playing based Vampire Savior RIGHT NOW!

I can't perform a move in 3rd strike, but i watched youtube videos and everyone else can, could it be that my rom is broken?
I've played online in fightcade with this rom though

have you tried not being white

put Cammy (the character, not the "function" ) in mvci and i'll buy it

I need you Concurrent inflated steam numbers !

Characters in tekken have a lot of mov-

>"WTF Capcom why did you ruin Juri? She's completely different. FUCK YOU"
>"WTF Capcom where's Magneto? I don't care if Captain Marvel plays the same. FUCK YOU"

>RELEASE THE SAME GAME AGAIN OR ELSE YOURE INCOMPETENT UPVOTE ME PLEASE

why is this a thing

but i'm hispanic

>He's a penguin man
Maybe I need to get into Bloody Roar. Is there a way to play it online or any chance that it gets a revival?

I don't know why but inputs on fightcade for 3s feel worse than on an actual cabinet.

uhm...

masaka

BKF is actually a better fighting game than SFV

>proudly post my F-Ciel video on fgg
>25 views
>0 likes, 1 dislike

what isn't?

Yes you can play it online using dolphin, runs really nicely even on low end machines.

No one plays shitty poverty fighters.

I forgot my dislike after seeing it. Thanks for reminding me.

Don't you go whoring out for likes, you're better than that.

kek

Why does he get 2 fursonas

Bros, why is no one rooting for kindevu..

Same. I just want to play with some of those mods.

youtube.com/watch?v=pVpMKoNyiGM&t=124s

Because the penguin sucks

>14 seconds long combo
Kusoge

Does he still play? It's been a while since I've last seen him.

That combo is pure flash, not even the tinniest bit optimal

youtube.com/watch?v=Cyod9hHTpfY

Why does the mass of her keep shifting so much? It has a strange flow where the weight doesn't follow through.

There's a rare chance you are using the wrong ROM version wrt to the video you are watching

But likely you are just doing the input wrong

What are you trying to do

Yes but he said no one cares about him or invite him anymore..

So which version do I pick? It says that in the Japanese release there is a character not in US one. A bunch of Fightcade games use the Japanese release as the standard.

Probably because it's a shitty mugen character

Cool, I'll get to it then.

That is a cute dog.

Why do I have to solve 10 captchas every time i want to post??

What is your opinion on people who post their mains in a fighting game thread? What are 3 fighting game characters you main?

Japaneses version of Extreme is the standard for online play.

Oh, also this. And for SCII too, if anyone knows. What version do I download to play online?

poverty tax

Don't you mean functions?

It doesn't add anything to the discussion and it's not funny or interesting, you can go do that on /v/ tho.

I like looking at people's mains so post them

im not a loyalist i just pick based on who i find fun each game

guile in ST
ibuki in 3s
akuma in SFV
kazumi in t7

activate Legacy Captchas my dude, the image shit is getting out of control

Someone give me a quick rundown on this functions meme.

Combofiend said all MvC characters are basically functions and told people who wanted Magneto to go play Captain Marvel or Nova instead, saying they can fly just like Magneto can.

Do you want an upvote?

Post best tyrant.

Combofiend says you don't play fighting games for characters, they are all just functions that do stuff and that's what you want. If we made a grey block that played like wolverine, that's just as good as wolverine.

He's absolutely correct. If you play fighting games to look at pretty characters go play some waifu moe dressup shit. Fighting game characters are a conglomeration of tools used to enforce mind games on your opponent.

Isn't that basically true? Lots of characters in different games play like Ryu despite not being Ryu.

what if I just like the character?, and I''m willing to learn the tools he/she has?

Wish i could play only a bit more defensive in Jive though

This click of xir heels and nonchalant walk while getting shot at is so erotic.

he still plays?

is that Quiet Cammy? and what animation is that from Alex? I don't recognize it

>playing on fightcade
>guy is beating me 3-0 by playing rushdown
>decide to make an adjustment and lame him out
>score is now 3-2
>next game he lames me out even harder just by landing a few hits and running away making it 4-2
>he leaves immediately afterwards and types "gg"

Did I do something wrong? They were good games though. I'm relatively new at this.

Street fighter wouldn't really be popular whatsoever if every character was just Ryu with a different color gi. People already give clone characters shit, even characters that look similar to others but don't play the same. Having an interesting cast of characters is very important for fighting games.

Kinda dumb thing to say for a game like MvC where people just want to mash with their favorite characters.

I'm a newfag that was invited over to a friend for a couple of days to drink and play Injustice 2 with a bunch of people.

It was a blast, and fairly simple as well, plus it had good and fun single-player.
I'm looking for a rather simple fightan game with good single player, what would /fgg/ recommend?

Can't wait for mvci bros, game looks hella fun i just hope people will get it on pc

>I'm looking for a rather simple fightan game with good single player, what would /fgg/ recommend?

They've already introduced you to it. That's injustice. It has the best single player stuff currently. No other current games surpass it on that.

Not sure how much will I like Injustice 2 down the line in 10-20 years but Batman might be my favorite fighting game character

Versatile, quick, combo heavy, cool looking, projectiles are used for blockstrings instead of zoning, grapple for resets, trait that lends itself to a multitude of functions etc etc

Other than that, probably Ryu and Sektor. I also think I liked Necrid quite a lot in soul calibur 2

I answered this. Play some mow dress up waifu/husbando game and look at whatever you want

Fighting games are marketed to the average idiot casual who will mash with Ryu against there friends. Among people who play fighting games for the gameplay, they should be of minimal importance.

If you want that and want it to be good instead of being NRS garbage, Soul Calibur is your series.

Diagonal jump + LK + -> MK target combo
youtu.be/lRV2lGY1zqg?t=2m48s
at 2:48

Diagonal jump + HP + -> MK works properly but i can't do any other target combo.
at first i thought it was the angle of the jump but then i watched several gameplays and it doesn't seem to be the problem

Okay Combofiend

button, awesome

Hey, is it just me or are the possibilities actually not endless?

Make Marvel 1v1 without assists and I might pick it up

Play Skullgirls then. It's Marvel but it has the option to play with just one character.

What are you paying for with the rev2 bundle? I see only 3 extra dollar cosmetics but it costs 25?

desk has some good combos up his sleeve so I have SOME hope for the game.

What does Veeky Forums think of the mvc3 balance mod(s)?

Just bought uniel, did I fuck up?

yes

Well,there's a new version coming out soon, but at least you can learn the game for now.

I think it's nice to observe people's taste and find people with uncommon/the same character you play

Currently maining Akuma, Answer, and Dragunov.

You get two characters, a balance patch, new and improved world lobbies that sadly nobody uses and that's pretty much it.

Fug

Yeah but who knows how long it'll take to come out on pc

What makes scorpion special then?

>"WTF Capcom where's Magneto? I don't care if Captain Marvel plays the same. FUCK YOU"

slay queen doesn't have gravity moves you diaper, they don't play the same at all

He is Ryu
Sub zero is Ken
And all his other recolor ninja friends are designed to hell and back.

Subzero is the clone of scorpion

he skull he incinerates your ass
Sub zero blue he takes your spine
very brutal

redesigned*

>go play some waifu moe dressup shit
but i am playing tekken already

I meant the extra stuff if you buy it bundled but I found it it's just cosmetic stuff.

What about reptile?

>It's 2017 and people still don't have a PS3 to play niche anime fighters on

fucking lmao. enjoy the uniel update in two years when I get to play it next month rofl

youtube.com/watch?v=WRHi9oyMXqE

Here's your perfect game you fucking diapers. Ignoring the fact that "Ms Marvel is basically just magneto because they both fly" is retarded because magneto has more moves besides just fly tri dash mixups that make people like playing as him (it's akin to saying that gouken and juri are the exact same character because they can throw fireballs at a 45% angle), the visuals are important from a game design perspective.

If I took the exact same movelist and gave it to a little girl and a hulking monster (something you can do in games with create a character) it would feel different. Combofiend is literally paid to damage control, what's your excuse?

There's a world of difference between "these characters all look the same" and "these characters are defined by their gameplay"

If Guile and Zangief swapped movesets, do you think this would have a significant impact on the game and who picks these characters? Do you think Sanke Eyez wouldn't want to play Zangief if he was American instead?