/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Took a detour on the way back to Northern Undead Asylum
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

simple reminder that DS3 scaling is way simpler than you guys pretend it is and all your spreadsheets are pointless compared to just memorizong the softcaps and knowing basic math

I want something like this for faith scaling with miracles.

Reminder to ignore those shitter spreadsheets that show Sharp infusion at 60 Dex. Only stop at 80 Dex or don't bother going over 40.

here you go

got one going from base dex?

>not posting the updated one

>claymore is better at sharp 75 dex than it is at refined 40/40

>Wow I was finally summoned to kill an invader! I'm so excit-

I didn't realise there was an updated one

Thank you user

>starting to black crystal when the blue isn't even with the host yet

Why were you about to black crystal out? I see no host in sight and blues are bad players.

Are you a faggot? Where's your pride as a red that you won't even take the chance to cuck a blue out of his ear?

>975hp
Why are blues so bad?

>Blue arrives
>'Better black crystal out'

Shitter alert

At 11 luck how many hits would it take to bleed the demon prince with carthus rouge An off hand dark sword seems like it'd be my best bet do to how quick it's LT is.

I was only trying to align a screenshot to shitpost with in the previous thread.

>Pride as Red
It's a Video game, get some Pride in real life you pity sub human

45/45 refined longsword = 440 damage
10 Str, 80 Dex sharp longsword = 460 damage
(+20 damage)

45/45 refined falchion = 434 damage
10 Str, 80 Dex sharp longsword = 457 damage
(+23 damage)

46/45 refined falchion = 427 damage
11 Str, 80 Dex sharp longsword = 457 damage
(+30 damage)

Quality build can also incorporate millwood gb, greatshields, gael's, hollowslayer, splitleaf etc into builds.

Don't bother using Rouge on anything that doesn't have innate bleed. A Bandit's Knife is much faster and builds up bleed more efficiently than Dark Sword.

All I know is that 40luck takes like 1 less swing

How is this place NOT at night?

How do they fuck up so hard?

Mate, the softcap is 40 and you're citing random numbers above that. Are you retarded per chance?

>willingly going worst build
A 40 Luck build is better than Quality at this point.

Spoken like a true shitter

Okay fine you are excused.

Apparently he thinks that he needs to illustrate it at "equal amounts of stat distribution" or some shit. It's not like Dex weapons won't require you to level Endurance for swinging ultras, or Vit for poise.

just one shot some poor soul at bell tower with the crypt blacksword and i feel terrible about it

Quality has a little worse damage on infusable weapons but you still have boss weapons like hollowslayer, frayed blade and gael's and a much better selection of tools which is good for invaders and less so for 1v1 shitters.

>feeling bad for killing shitters with Pappa Nito's Popsicle of Chunking
Don't. It's just how the game works.

Have fun rotting in your neet hell lmao

30/50++ is still the best build in the game.
Wolf knight greatshield + sharp LKSS

What's the fucking point of equal amounts of stat distribution when you're on a budget of stats and flexibility in that regard matters? You wont just pump more str/dex past the cap when you can put them to better use in other stats - investing into 6 faith and nabbing holy weapon or whatever is going to net you a lot more damage than the scaling and give you 10 hp/s regen and that's just one example.

It's sad, but true. If you are going pure physical and don't want some gimmick build based around a weapon art from a boss weapon(not saying they're bad, but you can live without them), pure is always better now.

i feel especially bad since i just did it to the same guy again

Does nobody else see a problem where the meta is so high people are making 'builds' with 80 fucking dex that aren't even glass cannon?

>Different Talismans have weaker and stronger versions of Unfaltering Prayer. For example, Sunlight Talisman has the strongest version and Saint's Talismans has the weakest version.
Is this true? How are all of the talismans ranked against eachother?

Anyone want a PC FC?

Buffs low-key kinda suck though. Dark Souls 3 gave us the Duel Charm and that one in particular seems like it lasts so short a period of time.

40/40 with Faith is probably the way to go as you can get Tears as well as the buff, but I've played both now and sharp feels far stronger.

It's not like multiple save slots exist. Or that the only source of fun in going through PvE again is by doing new builds and limiting yourself by how you distribute your stats.

>sunlight can tank a fucking truck

tfw he looks so comfy youre not even gonna mess with him

>while doing least damage

...oh and you could always just resin or bundle a sharp weapon.

If you somehow need to tank more than two swings from an ultra while casting your spell, there is something very wrong with your tactical decision-making.

I'm just surprised poise casting even goes that high

I suppose it's there to give players the option, should they so choose.

I mean, Repeating Crossbow exists if you somehow want to fire 10 shitty arrows at once. You could probably make a serviceable meme build out of it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.

ya

Does Darkeater Midir have any kind of
sekrit weakness? This nigga has too much HP, it's so fucking tedious.

aren't there bleed bolts

Yes. His head. Stop running around his legs like a shitter.

Just to think that a year ago people were bitching about overuse of quality builds.

PC FC at High Wall.
SL 120 pass is dsg

Also exploding. But remember that the crossbow weighs a fuckton, the spread is terrible beyond point-blank range and the arrows literally disappear after a certain distance. If you're going to try to bleed something out with the WA, you're probably going to need to be at point-blank range. And you can only do it 6 times before running out of ammo. And use the WA a maximum of 20 times before the weapon literally breaks on you.

repeating crossbow is honestly one of the worst fucking offenders of bad weapon design in series
cool visuals, cool sound effect, terrible ammo consumption, terrible damage coupled with abhorrent bolt limit

can I bring my SL237 character?

Pretty sure Ciaran hosts FCs on a character specifically designed to downscale anybody above SL120, to SL120. I think it's around SL89 or so.

You'll be downscaled, but sure.

SL 84

>SL 120

>third day of having DS2 installed and still haven't played it because I am afraid I am not getting the best out of it unless I install some mods but I am afraid of which ones.

Be sure to use the password.

ya

Are there any good faith + dex/str builds? I really want to play a character that buffs himself and uses some cool powers on enemies as a secondary.

Anyone help?

There are no mods for SotFS. What you play is what you get. Even the DS2Fix mod isn't necessary anymore.

The most you need is the dead zone fix.

I'm personally pleased with the direction From went with the balance changes and nerfed Quality a bit to make Heavy and Sharp more useful.

And that's how the balance should be : you go for quality to be able to use a lot of options but lose out a bit of AR compared to specialized STR/DEX builds.

Where do I put my sign? Next to the bonfire itself or the ledge above it? New to fcs.

On the ledge please. People fight near the bonfire.

Indeed. Right now scaling balance in DS3 is fairly good for my taste.
>tfw STR builds got a ton of options including some of the top tier weapons like splitleaf

27str/60fth with dmb kills most arena shitters in 3 hits

dmb?

dumb

darkmoon blade

>dark weapon crucifix on 27/60STR/FAI

When will Fromsoft show their new non-AC I.P ? Do we really have to wait until fucking Tokyo Game Show to see their new dark fantasy game ? Anyone think it's going to be exclusive and if it is will we split the general?

I'm a huge qualityfag because of the nostalgia and the convenience of it, but it should be less damage than a pure build with high investment.

There's a few things I think are a little fucked with the current system, but the direction they took is good for build variety, so those things are kinda whatever.

Has the weapon rating graphic been updated yet? Dude said he was adding shields to it as well now, IIRC. Anyone post it?

If Armored/gundam/Ender Core user is to be believed with his research. Then the company that bought them will try to push for multiplat releases.

>Millwood Greatbow in low tier

Anyone? Would appreciate the help.

Like another user posted 27 STR with a 60fth investment allows for good STR and FTH usage together, for dex I'd say around 40 maybe, but I haven't punched the numbers yet.

I forgot how unbelievably gay these faggots are.

that only accounts for spellbuff, not miracle damage though.

I have a max stack of embers on one of my characters. Does anyone need some?

Does /dsg/ have a booru?
If not, post memes.

so archdeacon staff is the best staff for super high levelled mages?

if claymore was better refined, then why would sharp infusion need to exist?

Sharp gives you more damage at 1H or higher level investment but is worse at 2H or lower investment usually.

You didn't say it had to be /dsg/ memes

for that is our curse

Does STR/FAI let me do big dick damage? I know the crucific from RC is supposed to be wonderful, but what weapons/infusions do I use until then?

>Oh dear oni-chan, i'm coming!

You just never had a nice relationship with your big bro where you share your big comfy bed but send him to sleep under it when your done with his strong manly asshole before user.

Just made the move from DS to DS2
Why is the combat so bad?
I can't even put my finger on anything specific.

Ciaran belongs to Knight Artorias, get your disgusting heresy away from this general.

treat it as a fangame
a bunch of good ideas on paper but terribad execution

oh baby