Shelby GT350 vs European

Europoor from Germanistan here. Really a pain to drive muscle cars here - import tax and fuel pricing. Still owned a 2014 Mustang for a year and liked it.
I really like the looks and sound of the 2017 GT350 Shelby, but how does it compare to its European rivals? Is the price of 90.000 dollars (including import tax) worth it? Or are C63 AM G or M4 superior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw
ford.com/cars/mustang/2018/pricing-and-incentives/?gnav=vhpnav
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The GT350 got outpaced by the M2 on track so M4/C63 are better cars.

Both of those are slower than the SS 1LE so that's the best if you are a benchracer.

C63 is the vastly superior car in this case.

Superior is relative but everything you liked about your 2014 GT(?) will be appreciably amplified in a GT350

The SS and Camaro also are way shittier cars from the non benchracing perspective.

C63 is also the heaviest and worst handling car.
Also C63 interior quality is sub par.

>ss and camaro
meant SS and Mustang

Not really, i mean you brought up the M2 which is about as plastic of a shitbox as they come and doesn't even offer anything luxurious. if someone should reconsider their car choices based on that being faster than anything then a Camaro is plenty fine.

did you rob a bank?

You are horribly wrong about the M2 being a plastic shitbox.
The pics you can find on the internet don't say much about the interior quality.
I have sat in a 2017 GT350 and a 2016 M2, the M2 interior is ages ahead of any muscle car in terms of material quality, fit and finish, ergonomics, sound insulation etc.

If that were true i would've heard it in a review of any kind. i watched the Motortrend review of the SS vs M4 and even with the M4 the sound insulation didn't even sound any different and how could they considering if BMW really did use more sound insulation that would mean a heavier car also if you really cared about this stuff you wouldn't have started benchracing in the first place. there is a lot more to the GT350 than just being fast around an extremely tight course and there's a reason they hold their value like a limited edition amiibo.

>ask about mustang vs yuropean cars
>GM laptime benchracing faggot within 2 posts

>hurr muh M2 is faster
>gets BTFO by a camaro
>m-muh interior!!

Read more reviews then.
Or just go to any car dealership and sit in both of them
If the M2 can rape the GT350 it kills any muscle car ever built, sorry amerikeks.

The M2 must kill the M4 GTS and I've read all the reviews i can sift through. if it takes 15+ of them before someone notices than apparently its just autism stuff not worth mentioning to most people.

the SS 1LE is an absolute garbage of a car.
You don't want one trust me.
Unless you're trailer park trash

whatever you say benchracer.

>be german
>love muscle cars

It's the GERNAZIMAN in you. It's good.

i'm actually french, and german cars are so way better than others... and i don't talk about US who got worst interiors in the world.

>benchracer
Literally the only reason you should get a Camaro is benchracing
>muh fast muscle car
it's a piece of hotwheels shit with the cheapest interior ever

It's a nice car but unless you have a particular fixation with muscle cars I'd pick the C63 AMG if both cost the same.

>90,000 Euros for a fucking GT350

lel a C63 is less than $70,000 in the US.

>the only reason you should get a Camaro is benchracing
Then you realize that dismissing the GT350 on the basis of it being "slower" than something is the entire reason why it(camaro) should exist as a car and be shoved down anyone's throat who does that?

But I also said that the GT350 is worse from a "benchracing" perspective.
The m2 is a much better built car, is a better daily driver etc.

>18067235
Is the GT350 officially sold in the EU?

Lexus does build quality better than BMW ever will if that is a deciding factor and you actually notices it on the Lexus because it will actually stay reliable long outside the lease period (something also wroth considering when talking about daily drivers) neither car (between GT350 and M2) can be a better daily driver than another because neither has more or less creature comforts and daily essentials unless MPG is a problem for you in which case why spend so much damn money on a sports car?

Oh nice the lexus shill has arrived already. Now we can /thread this mess

Lexus doesn't build anything that can compete with the M2, M3, M4, M5 or M6.
If you want a decently fast yet good daily driver you want a German car, if you want a track missle you get american muscle.
Lexus reliability only matters if youre planning on keeping the car for 7 years or more.

OP here.

I think the GT350 has a strange emotional value to me, because its so bold and untamed in sound and design. German cars are kinda boring in comparison. Yes, they are well made, but the irrational part in me wants this muscle thing...

You sound like a bold and untamed fag with your buzzwords and retarded generalities.

the mustang gt isn't that expensive compared to the competition if you can deal with the lack of practicality. Anyway muscle cars died in the 80s so the only cheap option is the g-body and without a few simple mods those cars are pretty slow.

Buy an old Opel Kapitän/Admiral/Diplomat with the 327 Chevy smallblock.

Why dont you wait for the 2018 mustang gt?
Should be way cheaper and as far as rumors go its better in every possible way, performance wise.
Front is only downgrade but imho back and all other upgrades make it all worth.

Also, in germany pretty much every second car is a bmw/mercedes as far as I know. I think youd be more unique in that car and catch more eyes

>youd be more unique in that car and catch more eyes
This is very true
Basically no one looks after a M4 or a C63, they blend in with the 75% other german cars on the streets here

On a short and slow track? Sure, barely. But I'd like to remind you that the GT350R laps the green hell 26 seconds faster than the M2. 7:32 vs 7:58. Also, out in the wild on the road, the Shelby curb stomps the M car, and it sounds better, and it looks better.

>out in the wild on the road, the Shelby curb stomps the M car
Suure
>sound
>looks
keep your useless subjective opinions pls

>26 seconds faster
>stay BTFO

>muh fake ring times
>gets obliterated in the real world
cry more bitch
youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw

Holy shit and there is a 161hp difference between those cars.
Imagine the M2 with the same HP as the gt350

>Short and slow track
>Needs a DCT to match it
>For that transmission option you could option the fuck out if the Mustang
>Stay BTFO

>muh price per lap time
>GT350 MSRP $55,396 - $57,221
>M2 MSRP: $54,495
Get over it fanboy. GT350 is slower and more expensive, that's all.

Get the Mustang, purely to give your surroundings a glimpse of FREEDOM™

>"that's all"
>running away because he can't find the M2 beating the Mustang on any other track
>base MSRP is $47,795
>Cheaper and faster
>Stay BTFO, I used to shill for BMW too

Why are you lying on the internet?
It clearly states $58.047 on Fords home page.
ford.com/cars/mustang/2018/pricing-and-incentives/?gnav=vhpnav

The new Mustang shall costs about 60k€ here in germany
I just buy a simrig and play assetto corsa and iracing

I've driven all 3 around a parking lot, I liked the M4 the most but its personal preference. I couldn't get past the fact that the interior of the gt350 is the same plastic shit as the base, the engine is sick tho. C63 is comfy but thats it fucking boring.

since your a eurofag though you have to get the gt350.