/acg/: Armored Core General - Can't Get Lunch and a Shower Without the Thread Dying Edition

Last thread For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Wake me up

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Before you go-go

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Don't leave me hangin' on like a yo-yo

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Cripes, Veeky Forums on fire right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lCDw4aH5yzM
youtube.com/watch?v=optRdafwysw
youtu.be/CatSUg0KyAM
youtu.be/ovXXZitwjKc
youtube.com/watch?v=qWKfCpzpxg4
youtu.be/PllQmeSEpNw
youtu.be/X_Macet3PAg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But I really do need one of you bums to grab this. Stop ogling the dead thread.

youtu.be/lCDw4aH5yzM jammin time

Jammin' time?
youtube.com/watch?v=optRdafwysw

you know what's up
youtu.be/CatSUg0KyAM

Bump.

just realized that was completely the wrong link
youtu.be/ovXXZitwjKc

Bump

Last one.

Final Pulverizer... Not sure what to think of it. Other than it's kicking my ass faster than Daemon and Zinaida.

Finally beat the Pulverizer.

Bump.

Shame i can't go first person on LR portable.

Bump.

Bump.

Morning, /acg/

Morning

Bump

Atta boy.
Now it's time for 136%.

So as far as I can tell, most of this speed is coming from /fgog/ and /gbfg/ with a spot of help from /lolg/.
Threads die in just over an hour for now, so keep it running.
Wait, the first person input seriously doesn't work?
Did they bury it in a menu somewhere?

To this day I hate the person who decided to add extra % to the 100. It completely misses the point of it being 100% of that isn't all of the game.

Bump

Bump

What's the best way to minimize damage on Underground Investigation? I've heard constantly moving without boosting works, but it only got me killed even faster.

Congratulations.

You need to boost hop forward constantly without stopping, and hug the wall of the middle building since it will block a lot of the suicide bots for you.

Anyone have the link to those guys fucking around in AC4A making tornadoes out of missiles and shit

youtube.com/watch?v=qWKfCpzpxg4

Don't mind me, just posting best boy.

*ahem*

/me coffs

>boy

Fiona Jarnefeldt is his operator

>girl

>b'grl

>"best boy"

Completely new to this series but I picked up armoured core 5 for 360 a few days ago. Certainly looks like quite an interesting game.

Unfortunately you missed out on playing online, which is what AC5 is focused on. The servers were shut down a few years ago, so you're missing out on a few parts of the game.

Always glad to see new players though! Feel free to ask any questions you have, and if you like AC5, I definitely recommend picking up Armored Core Verdict Day (preferably on PS3, since that's where most of the players are)

Eh, it isn't like I have xbox live gold anyway so even if the servers were still up my situation wouldn't have been any different haha (I only just got myself an xbox 360 and I currently don't have a PS3 so I have A LOT of catching up to do)

If you do end up getting ACV's sequel game, Verdict Day, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to grab a PS3, as to allow yourself to play online. PS3 games do not require PS+ to play online, and the PS3 servers for VD, especially the Japanese one, are much more active than Xbox.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm planning on picking up a PS3 at some point (especially before they vanish off the face of my country since the PS3 got discontinued in New Zealand in mid 2015 for some wacko reason) and I'll try snag myself a copy of Verdict Day when I do

get ready some some amazing jams
youtu.be/PllQmeSEpNw

Bump.

Sorry if I'm not bumping as much guys. I've been snared by an autism simulator, namely Stardew Valley. I've already got 20 hours logged and I haven't even had it for 2 days.

SEND HELP

I can help. I'll hire a Raven to raze that village of yours to the ground.

I named my game. Armored Core: For:EVER

>main character is a 20 year old women
>Rank 1
>Also the ancestry of Berlioz
>She's also your childhood friend
>Pilots a current age/generation AALIYAH frame
>Her AALIYAH frame has EXTREMELY OP TIER CLOSE COMBAT abilities
>NEXTs are closer to the Zone of the Enders series
>Three routes;
>Follow her and become second under her wing
>Part ways and become enemies on the battlefield
>Destruction
Would you play it or skip it?

I feel like I read this pitch a few months ago.

maybe you did(?) because I kinda brought it up a few months ago.

>shoehorned destruction ending
I'd play it either way, honestly. Maybe have a contract out for her that pays real well?

Bump.

Bump.

>tfw beating Bolt for the first time

This reads like a "pssh, nothing personnel, kid" copypasta, which is fitting for ACFA since the netcode is so bad that every match is essentially *teleports behind you* for 5 minutes.

>I named my game

what game?

Armored Core: For: EVER

Coming in 2018 user. Now, how pumped are you? You ARE pumped, right? No? Then get PUMPED!

youtu.be/X_Macet3PAg

I swear I can't find this song in the ACV soundtrack, it's just a variant of Cadence Call and I can't find it anywhere online. Why do I gotta boot up the PS3 just to listen to it?

Okay /acg/, From has just asked you to pick a mecha anime for them to adapt into a game. What do you pick and what style is it?

I'd have them make a Layzner game in the FA engine. Lots of verniers and robots flipping around.

this honestly sounds like the worst possible AC game and completely in the opposite direction of what makes the series interesting

*For: NEVER

VOTOMS, since it was already a major influence on the original AC games, and boost-skating post-apocalyptic, arena-fighting underground mecenary mechs is exactly what the series should be again.

>It's ok when from software does it
>it's not ok when user does it

And then you attempt to go in-depth on way it's a bad idea when really it's just that your brain is just programmed to NOT like it because user is making it.

I could be employeed at FROM, find the TOPSECRET Armored Core 6 files that uncover all the plans for AC6 and by default you would tell me that it's the worst thing you have ever heard in your entire life.

Still terrible.

From never did it like that. Faceless progagonists, not being related to the game's characters, and being the OPPOSITE of ZoE is what makes AC unique.They never gave your character a name, never made them related to others, and NEVER did anything remotely ZoE gameplay or mech design.

Let me fix this for you, assuming that From is dumb enough to revisit 4th gen's story:
>main character is a faceless protagonist
>Rank 1 is encountered only once in the early game, and builds up to beating them as a final boss. They're a 20 year old woman who claims ancestry to white glint, but there's no proof and they're obviously obsessed with white glint and delusional about how great he was. She pilots a current-gen build that is designed to copy what they think white glint's AC actually looked like. Her obsession is misguided, but makes her a dangerous threat to the corporations that control all the other ravens.
>There are no NEXTs, there are a few company builds but the vast majority of ACs are mix-and-matched mercenary builds of individual parts.
>Three routes:
>Prove your strength to her and become one of her acolytes, destroying the corporations to secure her "line ark" copy. Without the corporations there's complete and utter chaos and ravens begin killing each other senselessly for resources as society breaks down
>Follow the corporations and become indoctrinated into blind hatred for the copy "line ark", only to be faced with killing the entire population for the 'greater good'.
>Either path can be abandoned at the last minute, incurring the wrath of both groups as you become a powerful mercenary without a purpose anymore. So they make peace with each other in exchange for a plan to destroy you.

The best way to revisit 4th gen is to make a game that makes a meta commentary on how so many 4th gen players didn't understand what makes AC unique and just treated it as a playable anime, kind of like how MGS2 was designed to talk about MGS

>!!!!
>beautiful 5th gen art

it's like seeing a unicorn

ah I see you've learned to boost hop

One of the most satisfying experiences of LR for me was hearing him first say "You're not half bad..." as his mid-fight dialogue.

That, and Evangel's "Nobody's THIS good..."

I'm pretty sure that we post some quality gen 5 fanart regulary

Oh please, dont go meta on AC please, I dont want any postmodernism shit right now.

AC2 was the first time they really started getting meta, what with the whole "The main villain is the player character from the previous game" thing. Silent line got kinda meta too since it was about exploring an alternate society where the player character failed and AI actually did take over.

But there's not much you can really do with 4th gen to keep it not-cliche', especially if you want to avoid anime tropes.

also the other user wanted it more like ZoE which is WAY more meta than AC has ever been

>Battling arena: the game
>either fight in the arena or take shady under the table jobs from cops and gangs to earn money
Fund it

Just switch the emphasis and change the cops and gangs into corrupt corporations and you basically have the first 7 armored core games until Nexus.

Anyone own the design works / art books for the AC games?

Webms! I need webms of AC2 Another Age opening!

Which opening AC is the most legitimate and useful AC when built, assuming you don't have H+? Which is best if you do have H+?

ok

JUST LET ME HAVE FUN BLOWING UP ROBOTS. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR ARTSY FARTSY PLOT

gotcha senpai

>No plus
Berlioz. Grenades are so powerful in AC4 that equipping two of them is enough to cheese every single mission, and his dual rifles are actually exceptional. Special consideration to White Glint, but I won't count him since he's got deliberately overpowered parts (especially on reg. 1.0 where you can just spam spread missiles all the time.)

However, both of those don't really count because they still have PLUS/NEXT capabilities, so third on my list would probably be Silent Line's AC, given that he uses the extremely overpowered stealth extensions along with a karasawa.

>w/Plus OW
AC2's, given that he equips the karasawa. He would win the top place too Even if you are required to kneel to use the laser cannon, but I think his build is overweight which is why I'm not counting it for a non-plus build.