twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Toyota is king.

reliable but boring

>Buick rated as the best American brand
What the fuck?

Here are the top 15

>BMW that high

Holy shit

Maybe, im personally waiting for lexus to launch an pure electric car to buy it as my next car. jope the japanese don't fuck up electric cars.

>3. Kia

the absolute state of germancucks right now.

Can't break down if nobody buys them

How does the 86 score that much higher than the BRZ? They're the same car

>86 is Toyota's most reliable car
Why is that thing hated again?

That has been the case for a long, long time.

>most reliable
>86

good. I'm going to buy one of these eventually but sure as shit not new.

Toyota and BMW both have tech on solid state batteries, right?

>people joking about a car they like means they hate it

The score is for the brand overall, not about that brand's most reliable car.

R-right

It's Toyota that has solid state tech, but it wont come to production until 2021, by that time normal lithium ion batteries will be able to go 400 miles which is more than enough.

>audi is #4
>bmw is #5
Where are the american fanboys now?

It's just one year m8, there's roughly a 0% chance they can actually sustain this.

Shit its one of the best cars to buy new. I usually buy older cars but holy shit I'm tempted just to cross it off the list. Much like an American owning a Mustang at some point.

also Porsche went from being "as reliable as Lexus" to being a few points above Chrysler.

Yeah. It's more likely that this is a statistical fluke than anything.

Seems legit

not surprising because most of porsches lineup consists of rebadged VW Touaregs.

is the jaguar still dead last?

how seriously is consumer report taken? and is accurate?

Don't these fucks treat hard to use infotainment the same as mechanical failures?

>"Infotainment"
fucking lol

Yeah. At least JD Memer lets you isolate for powertrain reliability only.

>4. Audi
>5. BMW
Well, now my entire belief system is gone. God is dead.

They actually discussed in their video that infotainment system problems like high level of bugs are considered as mechanical failure but not how hard is it find stuff
here is the full video: youtube.com/watch?v=rkP0vK1plbU

>software bugs that don't actually affect the drivability of the car
>somehow considered mechanical failures

This is why none of these rankings mean fucking anything. Boomers for the fucking life of them cannot separate total engine failure from a touch screen being kind of finicky.

Eh, brand reliability is only good for predicting the reliability of an unreleased model and brand wars. There's enough data points these days to break reliability down by car model.

The problem is they only track for three years, and they give equal weighting to infotainment glitches as they do the entire powertrain completely shitting itself and leaving you stranded.

Also, they only track the first three years. What is the fucking point? Even a BMW can hold it together reasonably well for the average lease period. When people talk about reliability, they're talking about whether the car will still be up and running good in 10 years, which this has literally NOTHING to do with.

>paid shill site

No thanks

weight reduction begins here lmao

essentially no one buys a new car intending to hold onto it for 10 years anymore.

Even still, talking about 3 year reliability is completely pointless when everyone is going to fair pretty good there since no manufacturer wants to pair the repairs.

*to pay

what?

>toyota over lexus
What the fuck?
>86 being the MOST reliable
WHAT!? I thought the Camry would beat it out for sure! Damn.
>Nissan over Mazda
>Subaru and Kia over Honda
>Buick being so low
What timeline are we living in? These are just initial quality studies right?

Buick are old folks cars. They even took notes from Scion and KIA by bringing out the Encore which is a small ride that is easy to be in and out of.

Buick knows it's base.

This.

Veeky Forums I dont think so
google.ca/search?dcr=0&source=hp&q=toyota recall

It's called "sponsored bullshit" because toyota for fuck sure ain't spending their money on engineering.

If anyone else made trucks as reliable ISIS would use those instead

Not like they paid for them

Holy Beautifu

What I'd really like to see is a reliability study done in segments:
># of problems in year 0-5
># of problems in year 6-10

Each of those would be broken down by component group (maybe drivetrain, internal non-drivetrain, interior).

A/C stops working? Internal non-drivetrain.
Seatbelt clip breaks? Interior.
Transmission shits the bed? Drivetrain.

why did ISIS have so many toyotas tho?

>Kia
>#3

Completely discarded.

Just got a 2002 CRV with 150k on the meter. Gonna take sweet care of her and see how long it’ll last till repairs get dumb. Hoping I can get 100k. The small wheels vs body is really tripping me out. At least the smaller boxier gen 1’s don’t look too big for it’s wheels.

iirc, rich arabs bought them and it trickled down to isis buying them (used market i think)

its too bad every lexus is ugly as sin

Good god this. They tick all the right boxes: super reliable, nip flavor, RWD, still offer big naturally aspirated V8s, and relatively good values for the money. But fucking hell I just cannot get past their appearance.

(((They))) sent them over.

What's not boring ?

>implying ISIS bought anything

>I thought the Camry would beat it out for sure
Well the most reliable Lexus is just a big Camry.

The 991 was one of a catastrophe
My dad had 2 engine failure in the warranty time
We sold it for a c63amg

Must be a problem with the owner, since those engines are so over built that you can launch the 50 times in a row in a desert without the car overheating and going into limp mode

It's like asking how reliable the new iPhone is, and coming to conclusions even though it barely came out. Fuck these reports.

>Volvo has bad infotainment = extremely unreliable

yea okay CR...take your garbage report and stuff it in your ass.

Japs can't into design.

They literally said it's the most unreliable vehicle of 2018 because of the fucking infotainment.

They used to...

>ignoring the fact that most BMW's are leased or sold after 2 years.

Clap Clap.

Old people maintain the shit out of their cars and drive 1000 miles a year.

Even for the sad fuck that keeps his past the 3 year lease period and has the engine grenade on him, it wouldn't matter in this case because CR only covers the first three years of a car.

mmm yes they did....

yes they did....

Buick owners have too much pride in their “muh buy murrican...” to complain. They are also lifetime GM shitcar buyers, who are usd to garbage cars that GM makes, so new Buicks look like the golden goose to them in retrospect.

BMW owners are too prideful to complain or admit issues with the product or customer service. They fear their Hyundai driving friends will point at them and laugh for buying German fetishwear, and they fear that their MB driving superiors will laugh at them for settling for bmw and not affording a MB.

So a lot of this comes down to the desperate egos of owners than anything else. Toyota owners expect perfection also, so the gap between Toyota and Lexus, and then the rest is much more pronounced than thr statistics would lead you to believe.

Weird how the Honda CR-V is rated as their most reliable model and not the Civic or Fit when the trend is small cars > SUV's for reliability.

Consumer Reports is a meme

just about everything that isnt toyota lexus or fucking kia

only old people really listen to them, most the the reviews are paid

Owner maintenance and engagement also likely plays a role in the overall experience.

Fit owners are typically single moms and moms with fur babies, and don’t understand that cars need new tires every so often, let alone oil, etc. and probably are happy to let the road salt Jew eat their tin can car alive as well

Crv owners are typically much older and experienced and make more careful and educated decisions even though they are consumer reports tier normies that don’t understand cars. At least they understand that they should do certain things they don’t understand like garage their car, wash off road salt, and maintain the fucking thing.

We have a gen 1 2001 crv. Will hit 200k miles this winter. We had to do a head gasket replacement last summer that kinda sucked. But it has been very reliable otherwise. Just make sure you do the valve adjustment every 40k miles and replace the stupid leaky oil gaskets on the sides of the cyl heads. Also keep the salt Jew off the car so it doesn’t rust in the rear wheel well or under the doors. Very good cars. Mine is a snow beater so I can keep the salt Jew off of my Lexus.

Jaguar has their shit together man. They are pretty reliable once you get a year or two into a new model. Ford’s investment 30 years ago took 15 years to make an impact, but is still paying off.

as expected

Those are great tucks

Can’t tow much with them compared to a full size domestic shotbox, but most people don’t really need to.

I still admire the flareside tundras.

How do you not find this car attractive? It's literally a Japanese Aston Martin from 30 years into the future. It's the best-looking car out of Japan in a very long time.

The one thing Lexus got wrong for the past 20 years was design. Reliable as a tank but bland as fuck. The SC430 was literally a bathtub upside down. With good design Lexus is unstoppable now.

And I drive a Hyundai.

>Kia
b-b-but g-german reliability is a m-meme!

They're so funky looking and cool. Very representative of their era in terms of aesthetic.
I fucking love that one in your picture. Looks so damn good in that color with that amount of drop and those wheels. Would love a higher res version.

It looks better in person

that's why i love my car.

almost 100k and no issues on reliability at ALL.

Launching a car doesn't put major stress on the engine it puts stress on the launch control and transmission. can you run the car for hours at max speed for thousands of miles or something with nothing but refueling? that would be putting stress on the engine.

Amazing, I hope lexus launches an electric car soon to btfo tesla, teslas have a lot of problems now, when lexus launches a good electric car its gonna sell like hotcakes

Hey go Ford

Don't be dumb it puts stress on the entire powertrain

It's theoretically possible that neither of those are even included in the Honda """study""". It says they only used 6 models, and Ridgeline, Odyssey, HRV, CRV, and Pilot alone take up 5 models.

Porsche only had 3 models in the study, and two of those are Cayenne and Macan. This means between the 911, Cayman, and Panamera, two were excluded entirely. Odds are the 911 is one of the excluded...

According to the video, Cadillac was the dead last brand, while a Volvo SUV was the dead last vehicle.

No it won’t

The entire point of electric car ownership is easily identifiable virtue signaling. Tesla accomplishes this because it’s a Tesla.

It’s the same thing as when Honda released the insight to compete against the Prius. The insight was arguably a better car, wasn’t the instantly recognizable Prius, so it wanted on the market. Same for the hybrid Camry. Which was more practical than the Prius for most buyers. But it wasn’t instantly recognized as “car for highly educated, people of means who decided they have the luxury of not having to buy a practical car, while saving the planet.”

Th entire point of the Prius, and now the Tesla is subtle and unspoken boasting that you no longer require luxury and no longer require practically of an ICE and that you have transcended being tied to the rat race of soccer mommies in giant three row crossovers. It’s the automotive equivalent of the tiny house movement or maybe a minimalist expression. It says if you really need to go anywhere, your frequent flier miles will take you there. You’re certainly not going to drive through the flyover states, so no need for range. You just need an efficient way to get from your city dwelling to the city airport so you can fly to other cities. It’s a revolt against suburbia and rural living. Import more third world people to take the jobs of the poor whites. They can’t break into your house if you live in a fancy hi rise condo or co op in Manhattan .