/twg/ Total War General

Traitorous git Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread:

Lord Kek of the Solar City

Reminder that this is a history and anime general

Why is religious fanaticism so often associated with hair loss?

History and fantasy living in harmony stop getting confused at pooping goats.

I for one am naming one of my Slann lords "Lord HUE HUE"

Rock the boat!

Total War: CHINA

I AM _______ AND ________

Which factions are your favorite in TWW1 and which factions are you most looking forward to in 2?

Dorfs /Vampires here, most excited about Dark Elves and Tomb Kings assuming we'll get them this time.

>Man o' war not introduced in TWW2

Me too dude.

Vampires and Beastmemes

Wood Elves
Dark Elves

Vampires and Wood elves, looking forward the most to the high and dark elves.

Probably Agrun/Vampires and high elves so I can be perfidious Ulthuan

Beastmen/Dwarfs/Vampires.
Tomb Kings DLC. Edgy Elves.

>Arr rook de saem: Totar Wal
No

>Tfw cucking potty-sitting king by making dawi great againg better than him

Empire and mist excited about lizardmemes and tombkangz

Oh, and I'm most excited for Lizardmen and Skaven

Empire/Chaos Don't judge me
Lizardmen/Skaven
I like most of the factions though, the only one I don't really care for are beastmen

>belegar nohammer who has nohome
>better than anyone

Slavs and Vikings aren't worth playing for Attila?

The Doombull that lead the Jagged Horn Tribe in support of Khazrak collapsed over an unlucky Ungor after a deadly duel with an Ancient Treeman tasked with protecting the Oak of Ages.

It's not about what race you are, it's about who you fight for.

Total War: Taiping Rebellion would make me nut.

Dorfs.

Most excited about Skavens and Our guy Malekith

>Total War: Taiping Rebellion would make me nut.
I don't know, having to choose between Manchu's and Christians sounds awful. As long as there was some more traditionalist factions.

Stupid fucking cow.

I'm just saying. Remove the beastman that pretends to be your kingly demigod ruler and become masters of your own fate. Maybe stop letting those weird trees tickle you in all the wrong places too. Make Athel Loren 100% Asrai again.

Wood Elves and Beastmen

Most excited about the Lizardmen and Skaven.

But I really hope they put good effort into the HE and DE in order for them not to feel bland compared to the two above. Honestly I've loving pretty much every faction in WH1 so I hope that will be the case with WH2 as well.

Heard you were talkin shit

beastmemes n greenys. Excite for ratties.

Charlotte a best

Orion has unified the Asrai under one banner and is currently on a raiding journey deep in the Badlands. A leader like that inspires loyalty in even the most sceptical Asrai.

Is there a variable "accuracy" rating for ranged weapons units in Attila?

I bought the Celt pack and playing the Caledonians, the Celtic Bows just seem totally worthless compared to other starting ranged units.

AoC has a weird office system, how do I know who to post where?

wtf I love sieges now

パロット砲!

>Nagash still not announced

>not playing Choshu and spamming Kihetai

post carnage

Not in my campaign :^)

Btw is there a way to unuck the Empire ai? It always ends up fucked in the ass by other humies

S T A T E S M E N

>He didn't finish the war of the beard
Gay

fact: Satsuma republic is the most Aesthetic.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892763102

This apparently gives the Empire states an affinity bonus. I use it and it seems to sometimes help.

Fuck the empire
Everything north of Bretonnia is rightful Talabecland clay

Dont worry my fellow dawi, ill do that on a global map. Those two butt-brothers are definitely in the book

>reenact the war of vengeance on the combined map
This time no mercy.

I'm starting to fucking love Wood Elves. That defensive map is soooo good, holy shit.

After like 10th or more retry I think I'm starting to get a hang of WE campaign.

What a fucking ride that was. 115 turns of full action in Legendary difficulty.

Anybody interested in cracked warhammer matches or coop?

YES more of this pls

Sure thing user! Just hop on over to steam, purchase the game and I'll play with you no problem.

The minor elf settlement defense one? Please share tactics. I tried holing up all the way back in the corner behind the big forest. I fucked up by placing my dryads in ambush down south, not expecting the AI to wallhack its way to them.

sure let me just donate some money to sega just so we can play bro

Outpost defence. It's a mountain one. It's basically fucking huge so I was able to quickly gang up reinforcing army near the edge of map and panic routed them off the battle, while his main army was slowly waddling toward me. There are also cliffs that can act as chokepoints against braindead AI.

I've tried using those cliffs but they always manage to send three or four cav units up the other side which fucks me over.

I heard by donating the money, you can get those SWEET updates asap! No need to wait for those pesky pirates for their update

There were few flanking gobbos and squig hoppers and I countered them with Eternal guard. But I guess you fought against the real army, so my point is moot.

help me choose third age DaC campaign

Do Bree and conquer the whole world in the name of 3 tiny villages

Hmm a 2 day head start on updates for only 70 euro? You won me over.

Its a steam sale you double nigger.

What do you guys think the "flashpoint" campaign will be?

How is the Campaigns of the Old World mod, /twg/?

thats 40 I can spend on fresh, high quality food produce for consumption

100 years war

Whats it like being so fucking poor?

>projectile trails

>A furry sperging about
I don't get it.

its got more disadvantages than advantages but everyones got happiness at whatever walk of life theyre at.

>THEY HAVE WRONGED US

>warcrafthammer
>total war
pick one

>Playing fall of the samurai
>my ally uses his foreign veteran to kill my daimyo.
we're fucking allied.

Fuck this game sometimes. This is legendary and he was fucking rank 5.

holy fuck. is there any mods to fix diplomacy in this game?

Dwarfs because fuckton of completely undefeatable bulllshit like Runelords and fun cannons. Empire second place for their fun cav, which is weird because Brets exist but I find them boring in comparison.

Iv been hyped for lizards since i collected them when i was like 12. But now iv seen High Elves they just look so much better with their dragons, phoenixes and swag ass units. But I might replace them with Skaven if they get all their awesome tech weapons.

Is there a compilation of "minimal" good changes made to the base game somewhere?

I really want things that don't break the lore too much, and that focus on creating variety.

Sorry I was meant to post "mods"

>Simultaneously liking High Elves and Skaven
The perfect storm of shit taste.

magic is carnage

Should I buy the game now or should I want and hope for a combined WH1+WH2 sale? This is the first game I'll buy on Steam, I don't know how it operates.

Spent the ammunition of faith
Weaponry exhausted
Now reduced in numbers
Numbers reduced
To the Last

Depends on how soon you want to play, my man. Summer Sales (what's happening now) are one of Steam's biggest sale, so WH1 isn't going to get a discount like this for a while, probably. WH2 isn't released yet and won't be significantly discounted for a while after it is.

a significant combined wh1+wh2 sale is probably like 18-20 months away

So it really comes down to if you want to play it now or play it then

Thanks guys, guess I'm gonna buy it now then. I've played a pirated version until now, but always intended to buy when it was on sale.

Khazad Dum for most comfy Total War campaign.

You know what would be nifty? If regular people in Warhammer had realistic amounts of health. I do realize it's fantasy, but damn the combat feels arcady, and that just isn't my thing.

I like dorfs but the fact that you have no cav at all and your melee units are too slow to chase routing enemies makes the campaign hell

every time 50% of enemy get away

oh wait a couple turns later this ally delcared war, fucking assholes.

Rank the Elves

How the hell do I win welf mini-campaign? Choosing the Orion feels like being doomed from the start, all the other welfs start razing my cities and attacking my oak.
No possibility to confederate either, they hate me on legendary. How do I proceed?