/ovg/ - Barney Memorial Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K1JWhZAyzeg
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit
youtu.be/ueOWbql0Oto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Name a better game

1st for RR3

Fourth for maximum dorifuto madness.

Why isn't there a Forza Horizon for bikes? Maybe I don't want to always have to ride on tracks, developers, you ever think of that?

A bunch of racing games on Steam are on sale. Should I buy F1 2017? I don't really give a shit about formula 1, but I'm interested in the career mode since most racing games are just a random disjointed succession of races. Grid autosport is also $10, worth it?

good times, good times.

No, they can’t be fucking serious. What’s worse is that I’m the only user in /ovg/ with a Switch, so I have to play it for science.

Autosport is definitely worth it. Get the full version if you can, but don’t buy the bundle, the bundle doesn’t go on sale. If the DLC is on sale as well, buy the game and the DLC seperately so you can get the discount.

>bikes
lol
[spoiler]I think PGR 3 or 4 added bikes[/spoiler]

We're closing in on the final race in the Sega Rally Championship!

I hope you brought your water wings, as tomorrow we're going to LAKESIDE!

>he forgot spoilers don’t work on Veeky Forums

Also, wasn’t there an user a few threads back who said he had beta access to a PGR spiritual successor?

TDU had bikes

PGR 4 had bikes, but it was still closed-course.
They're absolute dogshit.

When will this meme die?

RIP barney

how do you make a track look so bad?

nth for RR3

join WAT1
friendly reminder that veyron has shit brakes and new patch soon, check calendar on rr3 wiki

nice try, also threadly reminder i'm not sj

put it on rFactor

>
>Can I be your friend on Xbox
>xbox

>I am going to practice your advice
Good, practice I gave you plenty of things to think about. When you feel you are out of ideas and need your driving review then post it here again.

What phone is this?
Even on my G2 this game looked better, over 3 years ago.

There was some kind of patch that fucked up the resolution so lower end devices could run it, but it ended up making it laggy on those devices as a result, which is ironic because the game ran fine on those device before.

Fuck this game actually. I gave up on it after I found out that I can play GT2 on an emulator for 1/3 of the space.

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. Can I add you on the xbox app?

Is that a Gibson?
I only have a cheapo Epiphone Les Paul and a Yamaha bass.

>tfw SJ has a fender bass and i only have a squier bass
should i just end myself or what

No, it’s a filthy Chinese Epiphone. I can’t afford a real American LP because I spent all my money on simracing.

Also, less fucked pic.

Okay thank you random user that goes out of his way to help people for free. I play on PC but I thought xbox app was the way to do this.

>Okay thank you random user that goes out of his way to help people for free.
It's okay man, I just want people to enjoy driving.
Besides people willing to endure feeling retarded in order to improve deserve some advice on their road to get better.

Is Grid 2 any good with Bayetas mod? I tried the demo on vanilla and hated it.

Reposting from last thread

How do I get faster than this? Top 10 are pulling 52.8xx - 52.3xx.
youtu.be/K1JWhZAyzeg

Got 3rd person view of that and possibly telemetry?

threadly ae86 event reminder

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit

Also is it worth it to get the Grid 2/Autosport bundle on sale? It's 32 burgers now. Is the DLC any good?

Drive faster

lmao, Studio 397 couldn't even get the RPM LEDs right.
Not even is the scale wrong, the Bentley has the thing where the colored segments go on at the same time, for example the 4 green LEDs go on all at the same time and not one after the other like in the real car.
I am glad I didn't waste money on this train wreck, holy shit.

Let's see if I can pull that up somehow

>Actually playing GT Shit

What did he mean by this?

>browsing reddit
Crucify me, but this was good. I strongly suspect it was made from someone on this board or /tv/ though.

youtu.be/ueOWbql0Oto

best i can do

wait wut?
does it feature tilt steering?

>weeb ruins funny webm by editing in shitty children's cartoons
don't include me in your anime bullshit fagnuts

what happened to having a half decent car list and handling model and making a shittonne of fantasy tracks to race on

THE DANCE FLOOR THE DANCE FLOOR THE DANCE FLOOR THE DANCE FLOOR THE DANCE FLOOR ON THE DANCE FLOOR

>ABS
>traction control
why?

>dan gave us the most middle of the road, a buggy gambling simulator
>kaz gave us the worst, an esports powerpoint presentation
>ian gave us the least shit, a glorified bastard child of gtr and nfs shift

What went wrong this year?

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

NFS Underground happened.

What do you guys think about Beamng?

Because you actually go faster with TCS set between 1 or 3 depending on the car and ABS for hard-braking.

Also, he's probably playing on a Dual Shock

nfs porsche was pinnacle of the series

Cool for goofing off and making some videos and that's it.

Gameplay is literally pointless.

>an objectively good game happened
it doesnt matter if you want to be a contrarian but that shit was in at the time

wtf is wrong this thing

Study conducted by students at MIT or some shit I don't fucking know

Hate that understeering piece of shit so much

I'm not saying it wasn't a good game, because I loved it.

But they lost the identity of the series right there, and only really tried to recover it in Hot Pursuit 2010, but thanks to devs stupidity, they added power ups nobody asked for.

Now not even they know what the fuck they should do with the series.

Mate, every Forza cover car is a steaming pile of shit save for the 458, R8, 350Z and P1.

Burnout paradise kinda had it, but it was so small

This, except I'm playing with the g29. I find it's fastest if I leave ABS on and traction control at 2. Usually don't run any assists in racing vidya however.

Oddly enough, PC2 has the smallest gap between critics and user reviews.

But honestly, why are you idiots still using reviews for measuring if a game is good or not? Don't you remember gamergate?

Join the game's community forum, look for the real opinions on it.

Critic reviews are all sold out, user reviews are usually inaccurate or filled with autism.

>implying a game's forum allows real opinions

You know you can change TCS on the middle of the race without pausing the game? That's a great feature IMO

Not sure what forums you usually frequent, but the two forums I go to(GTPlanet and GTAForums) formers are allowed to openly express their opinions on the game on their designated threads for it.

The Viper and Huracan were both good
The Centenario was just outclassed by other cars in its class like the P1 and 918

Yeah it's awesome. Same with brake balance.

And torque output for 4WD cars.

First corner you could have carried more speed and left it faster. Lost time on entry and exit.
At 0.44 you over rev by shifting down, you in turn reduced your speed to early and lost some time there.

i actually like it after tuning it. a lot of speed but you have to be gentle with it even though the handling is a little tight

>GTAForums
is that even run by rockstar

Nice going T10, the very first car you drive in the demo sucks shit and gives an awful first impression. I almost didn't buy the game because of it and I bet a lot of people did just that

Believe it or not that's actually the fastest way to take that last corner. I downshift a little too early there but if you do it right you get a pretty good boost of speed and start carrying through the corner just before hitting rev limiter. I constantly pull away from people in that corner because of it.

> I downshift a little too early there but if you do it right
But you didn't?

they released a 'fix' for an 'issue' that was causing the porsche to handle like shit in the demo update

Heads up:

Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 are on sale on Steam.

Dirt Rally is $12, Dirt 4 is $30.

Nut up and play Rally. It's good.

>He doesn't ram others to get first
Do you not want to win /ovg/?

anime trees for anime car

more anime

>Dirt Rally is $12,
A shame I can't race 1v1 vs my friends in that game and no I am not talking rally cross I am talking the rally tracks.

not anime but i made this livery and im really proud of it.

User reviews are literally review bombers/brigaders like you see every day on Steam.

GTP has PD/Sony seal of approval but they're not run by them. GT's official forums is in the official PS forums: community.playstation.com

Racing games needs their own counterpart of Cuphead/Sonic Mania now. (No kart racers/Wipeout clones, please.)

It's a rally simulator? Two cars don't even leave at the same time in rally, you'd be like 30 seconds apart and not see the other player unless one of you was demonstrably bad.

Nigger I know what it is, I am saying I just wish it could be more than just a rally simulator, I really want to battle people on the tracks in dirt rally.

it's not "a shame" because that is never how rally ever works. they're individual timed runs.

That's what dirt 4 is for. It even has a "gamer" handling model for gamurbabbies like you.

>it's not "a shame"
>A rally game is a rally game is a rally game, and it can never have any other features!
Brilliant.
>because that is never how rally ever works.
No shit dumbass. I am not asking to "rally" my friends, I want to race them on the tight courses in dirt rally. Like how fucking hard is it for you to comprehend this?
>b-but that's not how rally works they're individual timed runs.
Oh really stupid.

Dirt 4 has shit tracks and shit handling, fuck off.

Can you import svgs in Sport yet?

Rfactor limitation, it only allows for something like 8 or so "rpm LEDs" to be animated, so if the car has an rpm bar AND shift LEDs you're fucked trying to make it look reasonable.

Check for example how the typical motec monochrome dash has its rpm bar increase in large chunks in Rf1/2. Compare that to the ones in GTR2 or Raceroom.

Also feel free to look at the dashboard of the gtr2 650s and its conversions in ultimate gt3/ovgt3 s2 gsce mod.

Not making excuses for Studio 420, just giving the technical reason. I still think it's stupid they're releasing GT cars while only supporting 3 levels of TC and ABS

>A rally game is a rally game is a rally game, and it can never have any other features!
You dumbass, they made Dirt RALLY its own produt so it can be just a more hardcore RALLY mode simulation, not some bullshit Burnout power-fantasy for you to play bumper-cars in. Fuck off.

can you use grid autosport's DLC cars in the SP career mode?

>play dirt rally, enjoy the rally game
>really enjoy the tight and uneven track and driving physics
>wow, I really wish I could race a friend on this track 1v1 sometime for fun
>voice this opinion
>OMG LIKE this is a Rahleeey game and like if you want to race somebody I suggest you go play arcade games you bumper-car fantasy loving fuck.
Hmm makes you think, how fucking autistic/retarded does one have to be to not understand something so simple as extra features.

>enjoy the tight and uneven track
>I really wish I could race a friend on this track 1v1
that makes no sense you muppet

Why don't you just share your sector times with him? That's how rally works, on sector and stage times.

That's something alien to the concept of rally. They might as well put on-foot sequences in it.

just do live ghosts
must be alien because sim players have no friends

>Racing is only on circuits
>rally is only on uneven surfaces
>they can NEVER mix
How does it feel to be THIS fucking autistic that you can't fucking wrap your brain around something so simple.

Yeah that's what we did, the problem is that you miss out some of the elements that come with actually having another car there.

>That's something alien to the concept of rally.
Yeah, I understand that it's not a rally thing. It's just that instead of rallycross I would much rather have those tight 1v1 battles on a full rally stage. But that's just me and by friends.

>just do live ghosts
lets just do a leaderboard and say we did

how are you going to pass on a course tighter and slipperier than your mums arsehole without it turning into wreckfest? rally is done the way it is for a reason. if youre that bothered just get dirt 2 you absolute doughnut