Tell me a saab story

Tell me a saab story.

I had a saab 9-3 turbo
it was great
the end

>had

sold it when I bought a sailboat to take a year off..
I am still looking for the last 9-5, but they seem to get more and more expensive

>dad had a late 90s Saab
>driving on highway
>brake line somehow cut
>brakes stopped working
>he had to downshift engine brake to his destination

Wtf

They seem to all be in the scrap yard cause they arent worth keeping on the road.

well.. they did go bust in... 2011? so it is a few years without support...
so yeah, they will be made into nails :/

Once upon an early morning
I received a snow warning

My mothers Saab I tried to drive
My confidence, about to take a dive

The turn it came, my speed too great
One fast skid, and I met my fate

Into the ditch the Saab gently flew
With me cursing the winter Jew

my 01 9-3se is leaking a little oil from the psuedo catch can or oil pressure sender. I haven't gotten around to checking. There is a crack in the exhaust. The rear fenders are rusting. Rust around some of the floor board. Hail damage all on top. It has 260,000 miles.. i will probably patch the exhaust and fix the oil leak, but i'm letting the rest go. If it makes it to 333,333 (it probably will), i'll lay it to rest.

I have a 9000 and 900 turbo convertible as well. Will probably put the td04 turbo on the 9000 and t5/t7 the 900.

Was in the original thread, fellow norbro

First time I got head was in the back of my friend's 9-3 turbo.

10/10

I am one of like 20 other appearant owners of a 2006 9-3 Aero on this board. Its pretty great since everyone assumes I am doing really well for my age since I can afford a car like that.

first time my legs stuck to a leather seat in the summer was in a saab 9-something, maybe a 900 or 9000, it was about 1995 and i would of been 5

1998 9-5 Wagon here
fucken love it, most comfy car

I love the 9-3 hatchbacks. Can't wait to get one of my own.

im looking for a new daily driver while i turn my old car into a dedicated trackday/project car. i'm looking at a 2003 9-5 that looks like it's in good condition. buying it from a small shop that says they replaced the ignition coil pack, and some turbo seals. looks clean, he's letting it go for 2K. seriously considering it. anything to look out for?

i own a 1998 900 se convertible. Standard turbo. She's a one owner and that's the main reason I got it besides turbo and 5 speed.

Bought 2 2001 9-3s one base 5speed one loaded auto.

Sold base model to a guy that crashed it in a week then just gave it back to me.

Sold loaded one to a guy that drove it 100k in a year and the motor crapped out. Then swapped the motor from the base into it. And i dont know what happen after that.

Probably made $5000 from the whole exchange.

Had a Saab. It was so shit I spray painted lots of awful things all over it and fucked the clutch etc up and scrapped it so that no part could be used again

I have a Saab
It is nice
I like Saab
End

If it's the v6, stay away. They aren't particularly good engines to begin with and the small amount of boost they pump into them really hurts their reliability.
For the Linear and Aero trim levels that got the B235 engine, be on the lookout for any and all signs of poor oil maintenance. These engines are infamous for sludging horribly if you put conventional oil in them or if you let your oil burn down with any regularity.
The turbo seal pack seems somewhat suspicious to me, as turbo whine is a relatively easy to identify symptom of having had poor oil maintenance.

If you got it because it was a one owner it's no longer a one owner

You're a spiteful sumbitch, aint ya?

Just got my first Saab ('05 9-3 Arc). Where's the transmission fluid dipstick? Also, the soft top is stuck up but I keep getting an error that says to completely close the top. How do I either manually put the top down/up or disable this error?

I have 3 Saabs
I like Saabs
Only pre-GM Saabs
End