/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Sure why not edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajlDp-i_K4U
youtu.be/Y_93VP4Q0d0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Since X

You mean Tri?

Is MHW suffering from an identity crisis?

RE6 has Jho though.

Reposting here for posterity.

4U G-rank room is up for anyone interested.

34-5789-3470-0981

>better lagiacrus than lagiacrus
>better amatsu than amatsu
what went right?

There's some speed run competition going on.
youtube.com/watch?v=ajlDp-i_K4U
>parent/child team
>later on will have women's team

Fuck off shill MHW is fucking literal garbage. Not even Dauntless is worse than it. Kill yourself.

I fucking love that attack. Hammer needed all the help it can get.

someone give me a quick rundown on dauntless

>Not even Dauntless is worse than it.

youtu.be/Y_93VP4Q0d0

No, it knows exactly what it wants to be, American Monster Hunter since America wants more simplified action games that make them feel like they're good at games.

Man.. I still can't get over the damage number thingy. It's clutter up the screens. But turning that off will make give you an disadvantage over other players.

>team DESU

fucking memelords

someone post that picture
you know the one

>dauntless
>better than ANY MH game
>the salt is real
Even MH stories is better than dauntless.

Making another room for the 4U newfile guys.

ID is 61-9593-5121-3603
Passcode's 7243

>But turning that off will make give you an disadvantage over other players.

So? Its a fucking coop game.

I think MHW is just a Lost Planet 4 in disguise...
Or maybe Dragon Dogma 2?

I wonder if Nintendo is going to pull sponsorship after this year.

Announcer sounds like that edgelord from Overlord.

Rathalos is love, Rathalos is life!

MMO is co-op game. You know what happen when there is a visible e-penis measurement number like dps meter.

Would you consider Mario Kart 8 to be FZERO? Because that's what Dragon's Dogma is to Monster Hunter. A similar game that's going to be ditched with its best ideas being thrown into the more popular IP.

>leave to on to familiarize yourself with hitzones
>turn it off when you know exactly where to hit with what damage type
Simple.
Announcer is female though.

Uhh pretty much nothing?

lolz that analogy does not work at all

I know, I'm taking about Clementine. The one who got hugged to death.

explain

Oh that edgelord. Not sure who the announcer is didn't catch her name.

Can I be In MHWorld?

lolno

I like you better than Plesioth, so sure.

how do i stop being sexually attracted to a monster

no, because no returning monsters besides Los, Ian, and some third icon like Tigrex/Diablos should return. Although I don't understand the hatred for Cephadrome when gen 4 actually made it a fun fight, Plesioth is the only bad fish now since Lavasioth got a good revamp as well

>lolz

> Not knowing about EPEEN DEEPEST RACE

>stop

by killing yourself

How is Plesioth bad? Did you forget to bring frog?

Cepha is far was than fucking Plesi.

Honestly, how is it?

so shit it flopped in japan

>One guy carted

Shamfur.

Yeah, this was a mistake to post this during shitposting hour.

happens to the best of us

Cephadrome has actual unique animations instead of generic flying wyvern attacks, when it dives it gets it's attack done with and goes back on land, and isn't so big that it ends up bottle-necking itself in a zone line. The funny thing is that Plesioth could easily have it's own attacks built from it's underwater moveset in 3U. I'm disappointed Plesioth didn't get a tail flip reminiscent of it's flip in 3U or any kicking attacks despite long legs being a distinct feature on Plesioth

get lolz'd on!

We're busy watching the competition

Protip: You don't

Is non-gook MHXX online ded already?

Most likely true but taking it with a grain of salt since gaijinhunter is a clueless retard

Are mmo like shared spaces gonna be in worlds, like PSO2s lobbies?

>Cephadrome has actual unique animations instead of generic flying wyvern attacks
nice lie

good thing there isnt an XX localization to take away your time from making these

I haven't been to MHG since MHW was announced. Is everyone actually butthurt about it or is it a vocal minority?

I saw people shitting themselves over the initial e3 video so I know there are some autists out there. There was absolutely no basis for criticism with the first reveal (we didn't have enough info) so have the criticisms evolved or is it the same shitters just hating change like autists.

Adding that he is speculating based on playing and watching the game at the tournaments

>vocal minority

Yes.

Only /v/ is intensely triggered by it. And you you should know better than to trust /v/.

>more simplified

There's that meme again. How does it feel to be on the extreme end of the spectrum?

Figures.

And is MHW confirmed to be 30fps too?
I guess the PC version would be 60fps.

I mean, I haven't seen a PC game locked at 30fps like in forever.

it's really not that hard, even with 0 knowledge of japanese.
online resources like kiranico take care of most shit for you, and if you have a phone you can google translate shit with that.

Its true because of cross play, 3DS runs 30fps so Switch has to run 30fps to play with it.

You mean just like MH1?

Man prowler looks fun as fuck.

>eating ration
>palico kills monster

>tfw this Hammer is aggressively mediocre
And the Azurebolt one is even worse.
It looks SO COOL THOUGH.

Cheval was about to become a mom killer

I want to to snuggle my felyne on the bed.

>/mhg/ WANTS newfags to keep hitting the wront area and not knowing they are dealing no damage
>they unironically think having to use wikis to learn CORE GAME MECHANICS is a good thing.
Its not casualizing if basic information is avaliable ingame without use of third party sources

Not him but they'll know they are dealing no damage when they fail the hunt.
>look at blood splurt
>is it big? you did good damage
Wow so hard.

Female team hunters up next.

Agreed, one of the coolest things about MH was how they didn't need to say how you were doing for you to know how the hunt was going.

Newfriends who never played a mh game and will be the majority when the game launchs are expected to know these things?
They literally said most of the new things are to stop newshitters from dragging down other players and veterans can just ignore damage numbers and fireflys.

What's funnier is that Americans can't do math anyways

Why is that flip looking nigger Ryozo there and not /ourguy/ Ichinose?

Seeing how dumb the average random is, I assume most people just think the blood is a random effect.

Not if they removed bloodsplashes and the fireflies look mandatory considering how big the maps are.

>newfags are going to be the majority
Whoa there cool your jets how big do you think MHW is going to be? 10 million sales?

>put in the tutorial that blood splurts will tell you how much damage you're doing
Wow so hard. Instead now we get to look at damage numbers. Hmm sounds like casualization.

>west = America
Racist.

Its a dumb way to do it... They should have continued with a more involved research aspect of the game. More numbers on the screen will break immersion. And devalue the thing that the series has been based on, which is your individual skill and knowledge as a hunter

By playing and talking with people in the game, thats how people learned before.
Games shouldn't have to dumb themselves down for the sake of new players

>Not if they removed bloodsplashes
Why would they ever remove blood splashes? This isn't dauntless.

Holy fuck, I didn't know """adept""" GS was THIS anime.

Ask them, the only on hit effect that are confirmed from trailers, leaks and gameplay footage are Element, KO, Status and Anjanath's concrete.

Americans also can't into blood. World is releasing on a good Christian system.

Ew

Beats me. I guess he's the "face" of MH events.

how could you possibly be sexually attracted to this?

They always take out blood for trailers and streams.

Is monster hunter gay now?? This is a legit question I swear I am not shitposting.

It's over /mhg/. I've been away too long, and now i'm a shitter once more. I can't even motivate myself to try White Fat anymore, i'll just get 1-shotted or time out again.

yes

now show us your cock big boy

>hearing jewel 3 in MH4U uses a chamaleos gem
WHAT THE FUCK