/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Dead thread edition

Previous thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunter's Mark
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PURGE FILTH

>archived

ded gaem

d e d

How does this painting make you feel?

Can someone explain the C h u n k y meme?
Also, I forgot about Lawrence, I'm ringing at fog (Alba/Segalt)

All the people I'm trying to help in Coop Quick-Search keep dying! The most recent one died off-screen the moment I loaded in! Why can't hosts just fucking stay alive?

Any one wanna help me with this giant fish fuckers to get Rakuyo?

Pass?

Pass? and fishing hamlet or cave place before Orphan?

Fishing hamlet lantern, pass is "ded"

Oops, sorry, already beat Kos so can't summon.
My bad.

I believe that you're trying to make a point about great ones and their regard for humans, and I'm going to reply to you on the basis that my assumption is correct, which it obviously stands a decent chance of not being.
Fish aren't people.
Fish don't have the powers of reason, communication, or intellectual improvement. They only just barely have the power of physical improvement, and that is by random chance, not by the designs of the individual fish.
Yes, great ones are unto humans as humans are unto fish, but also, humans are not unto great ones as smaller fish unto larger fish.
TL;DR, we are thinking on the basest of planes. Let us sit about and speak feverishly.
Let us be granted eyes to see, ears to hear, noses to smell, tongues to taste, flesh to feel, and above all, let us be granted a voice with which to speak.

Post your hunters dumb FACE

Use the bone blade method or just lure them to the top of the area going from the Winter Lanterns

It's okay. You can parry the giants, or Shaman Bone Blade them. Either way, the parry windows are big enough that you shouldn't have too much trouble, as long as you stay close and avoid baiting the lunge flail attack (but you can parry that too--don't try it).

Give them Shaman Boners bro

Hey man, that's not very nice.

How do I beat the abhorrent beast? It's my first time playing through the game and everytime I fight him I get him to half health and by that point I'm running low on vials and he'll get a few hits on me because I make one mistake and I fucking die. I don't want to cheese him with poison knives but I've been at this for like three hours already.

He's not a bloodborne boss.
He's a dark souls boss.
Fight him like one.
Alternatively, summon help if you're not trying to prove something to yourself.

So I should hug his ass and just wail on him?

Any one wanna kill Laurence with me real quick like?
pass is "bbq" at fog

Pretty much.
Protip, stay on his right hand. You'll still catch a fair few hits but considerably less.
protip2, never EVER backdash. He WILL catch you.

coming

You need to play pretty defensively against Abhorrent Beast. Bait out his punches and palm strikes and punish. His sprinting claw attack always comes from the left so dodge right.

ded

>doing Isz
>Layer 3
>still ringing Beckoning from Layer 2
>go explore area before Layer 3 lamp
>beckon someone
>they clear everything while I'm in the area grabbing all the stuff
>they don't bother coming to help me
>just pull the lever and wait outside boss room
>other guy is beckoned
>leaves when I don't immediately make my way to the boss room
>I grab all the items from the cleared dungeon and finally enter boss room
>Ebrietas
>oh okay this should be easy
>cooperator dies in one hit
Why the fuck do these cunts exist? They can't actually be dumber than AI right? I'm being trolled by people going online in Bloodblorne and playing badly on purpose right?

general

What happened, we were active as fuck on the weekend and into Wednsday.

It's the small hours of the morning here in Burgerland, and it might be the cooldown from FC.
Of course, the screaming and masturbation contests we had last week were worse than the stony silence this week.

I'm spelunking on my own right now, since this is my first ever character from before the age of bl 98 characters and she's at 120.

you dont want company?

I figured most people would be running bl 98 characters and wouldn't be able to join, but if anybody wants to explore a CRF Isz chalice, I'll set my pass to ayyy.

Booting up

Is Sony doing a summer sale and is there a chance of the DLC being on sale? I got a copy of Bloodborne from a friend and I've been playing it, but it's the base game only.

Alright. Im in and srrcing. And anyway, I don't pvp so the only reason for me to care about level range is because of downscaling, which i can go to 117 without being affected by. So i usually do .
If you could hang out next to the lamp it will make my srrc go faster.

from past history, the old hunters expansion has never went on sale. You can expect to see it bundled with the base game though.

Will do. Already cleared this layer, so it's just the boss. The layer itself was actually pretty short.

Ah, guess I'll just buy it then.

Are you set to world wide? You sure your password is correct? SRRC doesn't usually take this long for me. I'm not as fast as segalt but I'm usually much faster than this

I'm set to worldwide, and pass is set to "ayyy" so I'm not sure what the delay is about. I might be having connection issues, though I could coop through srrc myself earlier. I'll try reloading the character and see if that helps.

>beckoning randoms
you did it to yourself m8

Ringing again. It was definitely a connection issue.

Going for Amygdala again if anyone wants in. Pass is dunwich

I'll come help if it's not too late, SRRCing now if you have the slot open.

I'm still getting nothing. Idk what's wrong.

Does a fog wall appear anywhere? Is your BHM greying out?

Got booted to the main menu just now, so I'm about to give up with coop, but if it works for you, then by all means.

Yeah, I got booted. I'll keep ringing for another minute and just go to the boss with or without help.

>IronKeepElevator.jpg

If you got a "Lost connection to the network", the host needs to restart their console.

I tried joining a random and got someone instantly. Guess you and i just aren't meant to be user

done or can I join in?

I'll try restarting my PS4. Could just be Comcast being a cunt, though.

If you were paying attention, you would have saw the snail woman fall from the sky seemingly out of nowhere, and saw the light seeping through the floorboards in the clocktower signifying that the it's layered on top of eachother and a displaced world, just like a dream or a nightmare

Thank you once again, Segalt.

Hope it does work, let us know if you give up, I'm still SRRCing.

What does /bbg/ think about Bloodborne tattoos? I haven't seen a bad one yet, although it does get tiring seeing the hunter's mark over and over.

Ringing

Make sure to check your BHM. If it's greying out, or if you can't use it, you know you're getting a connection. Since it's SRRC the cooperators are using, it could take a couple of minutes for it to grey out, but eventually it should. That, or see if a fog wall appears at the elevator leading to the previous layer.

Mergo's Wet Nurse
At fog
bbg44

Fine until I saw this, they're ruined forever.

coming

Does anyone want to farm abhorrent beast at zgv6ezxi? abyssal bolt wanings

i will boot up and host if anyone feels like farming

Nada. I give up. Guess my connection is too shit to host for some reason. Sorry to waste everyone's time. I'll keep the bell going just in case, though.

coming

Forgot image

it's enough to make a man kek

have you already fought her

I'm sure it's just the servers being fucky again, like they were earlier today. Don't worry, user. I've had this happen before, where nobody can connect despite everything being correct.

Thank you!
I don't know how this works but if you can join in for the next two I'll be ringing by the stump.
Yes, sorry

>Screaming and masturbation contests

explain

>upside down

WHOSE MANS IS THIS

Its rightside up user.
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunter's Mark

Central Yharnam time. To Cleric Beast then at Gascoigne's fog

Anyone? I can kill him fine but with two people it's a lot faster farm

what pass

Is Bloodborne proof that 30 fps still works? Bloodborne is easily one of the best games I've played in recent times. At not point have I thought the game would be better if it was 60fps. If anything, I think the game would lose its mystique if it went 60fps. 30fps seems more at home with the tactical combat and eerie setting (more cinematic). What do you think?

>be alone in a Root Isz FRC
>every layer so far had tons of hags on stilts rolling with a posse of at least 6 undead
>3 boars in one area, plus a hag and her group
>later is a bridge with swinging axe blades and a crouching fireball hag on the other side
>the room with the lever has a dozen ayyy babies and a brain sucker
>easy
>nope! there's a fucking NPC hunter standing behind the brain sucker!
>the final balcony with the blue door has a brain sucker standing right at the top of the ladder and won't come down even when called

What the hell are these fucks even guarding?

>linking fextralife

I feel like 60fps games appear more 'gamey' if that makes sense at all to anyone. It kind of breaks my suspension of disbelief,

>Is Bloodborne proof that 30 fps still works?
This is a dumb question. It is functional. Yes. Bloodborne is not proof of anything regarding that functionality.
> Bloodborne is easily one of the best games I've played in recent times.
Ok.
> At not point have I thought the game would be better if it was 60fps.
Me neither but that's because I don't think about dumb shit like that. A game can be a fuckin slideshow as long as that slideshow doesn't interfere with the gameplay.
> If anything, I think the game would lose its mystique if it went 60fps.
Retarded.
> 30fps seems more at home with the tactical combat and eerie setting (more cinematic).
Retarded.
> What do you think?
You're retarded.

Why are the story chalices so fucking boring while random root chalices are so interesting? It's almost like they did it on purpose.

bbg44 but it's full.
At Gas' fog now

ok are you going to summon for Cathedral Ward or Old Yharnam next

Old Yharnam is next

Thanks for having me!

this desu. sotfs feels weird as fuck in 60 fps, probably because it contrasts how slow the gameplay is.

You guys in NG+ or something?

someone?

I don't know, but story Chalices are terrible and terribly implemented. It's almost an active discouragement to players to not make new characters because of the amount of slogging you need to get through the story chalices to finally start getting good gems and weapon variants to make builds good. I sincerely cannot understand the thought process behind story chalices. I kind of understand what they wanted, and FRC chalice dungeons are amazingly fun, but story chalices are so badly implemented it makes my head spin. It wouldn't be so bad if you could buy ritual materials once you have at least one in your inventory and didn't have to wait until NG+ for the ones that are available for purchase. By the time you can purchase the material you don't even fucking need it anymore except for shit like Slugs and Jellys.

God I fucking hate story Chalice Dungeons so fucking much, what the fuck were you thinking Miyazaki.

>we need to add hours of content to Bloodborne
>"off-shape blood gems"

Nice, anons. where next

Hemwick
Thanks for joining!
Yes

Alright, failed-to-connect user here, and this chalice was sort of worth it, if only just. Got a Cursed Arcane Abyssal and a Blood Rock from Bribri on the last layer. She was in the donut-shaped boss room, so it was a very easy fight. There was also a messenger bath on the third layer with a bunch of Lost and Uncanny weapons in it. The only notable drops were a bunch of Pearl Slugs and Ritual Blood 5.

It was just super annoying to get there, though there were only 3 layers to get to Bribri and were fairly short, if packed with enemies. Glyph is dm33r7an.

There's this guy with an Executioner build that does "Chunk Spelunks", which are like regular spelunks except everyone has to be dressed like an Executioner and no Vilebloods are allowed. He posts with images of really distorted artwork of the Exec armor to make it look thicc.

Ringing now. I'll go a bit slower so this can be enjoyable

Next?

Amelia, at lamp and clearing the area if you want to