Toyota Corolla GTS 1865

How much would you honestly spend to buy one.

I mean fucking 1985

Showroom fresh? 10k
Lightly used? 8k
Moderately used? 4k
Modded and beat on? 1k
Molested and rusted? 50 bucks

There is no way that I would spend more than $20,000 unless pristine.

it's really unfortunate that it became an anime meme because I really think it's an aesthetically pleasing car but they're way too hard to find in decent condition and weeb-taxed

This. Too bad in reality those prices are doubled.

Like 2 grand tops

yep. there are better RWD jap crap boxes to be had for cheaper.

in all honesty its just a corolla, and an old one at that so probably no more than $500

Tripled and you better act soon.

I would legit pay $7500 for one thats not swapped desu

Of the same decade? Nothing really comparable in an FR setup from Japan. The Supra was slow and always larger with a far less interesting engine in Mk2 form. The Mk3 is barely comparable. The MR2 is good, but it's heavier and MR; probably the best bet to get a 4AGE in a rear wheel drive setup though. The FX16 was FWD, but pretty kewl. Nissan's S12 was heavy and is really bland without extensive modification, and all you can really do is an engine swap or turbo the balls off it. Honda didn't have a RWD coupe, but the Civics aren't bad. Mazda = rotaries. 30 year old rotaries. Enjoy.

So for a sub-2300 pound, FR, RWD coupe or hatch with a high-revving 4 cylinder engine from the 1980s that can actually handle well, you've got one choice for a nipmobile. Or an MR2 if you just need RWD and don't care about more weight.

Keep that attitude. Yes, it's exactly like your mom's 1999 Corolla. Fuck it, bland commuter box worth its weight in scrap. Let the retards like me spend $8k on them repeatedly, please.

$nothing
I'd consider a Mazda GTX just for fun, but not at $classic car$ prices

I like the look of the levin better desu, i'd rather just import and pay like 500,000$ or whatever the asking price is nowadays for a meme car

Ten Thousand, in cold hard memes.

It's a 30 year old Corolla, anything over a few grand is too much

t. someone who doesn't know how the market works.

it might not be worth $10k to you but plenty of people easily pay that price.

$2500

and thats if its in good condition

Yepp. I'd do $3000.

And half of that is just so I can park it next to my AW11.

$13000 for concours
$10000 for unmolested
$1500 for memed

I would love to recreate this pic, eventhough I don't have an 89 MR2

Realistically

8k for one in great condition
4k for a crappy one cuz damn I want it I need it, need it to stay heated

8 quid if its got initial meme writing on the side

I was diagnosed with severe non-functional autism. I'd pay over 6milliol doeler

>GTS 1865
Kek it's okay u dumb fag, honest mistake. This shit does look like it's from 1864 tbqh

>tfw friend got offered a minty fresh car with 15k miles on the clock and some minor rust
>only car in 3 country radius
>only car in the country, presumed to be lost
>6.5k
>skylines across next country are 6k
>mk4 supras are 10k

serious? we just threw 2 away cleaning out the yard a couple months ago.

same, found one in garage took it to rustbuckets4sheckels
Had those flip on lights, dad said it was a worthles rice rocket

>imblygin
I bit the bait

Just get a Miata instead

like 2 grand for a old corolla with low power. honestly lol id throw it together to sell to weebs

About 8k max for the car, but up to 50k for a working time travel system.

For 50k you could buy a fully loaded Kia Stinger.

while not exactly from the same decade, the late 70's stuff is still a relatively untouched goldmine of nipshit.

>B210
>510
>Celica
>Z
>TE series corolla
>Dodge Colt aka Mitsubishi Lancer

the only thing the 86 had that can't be fixed by cheap chink shit upgrades is rear disc brakes. the meme tax on that car has gotten so bad that decade older technology is a more viable option. 2k will get you a rolling shell nowadays.

why not just buy an aw11 for 2-6k and have a better performing version of it

who cares about the same decade?

this whole thread is predicated on asking how much anons would pay for it you fucking retard

OP, it's a fucking Toyota.
You're talking about it like is a highly sought after car.

$75.00 for a mint condition one

i looked at one when i was shopping around for a car, it was 1200 bucks mostly rust and started overheating on the test drive. id pay 1200 for one that wasn't about to shit the bed though.

>1865
My 1908 AMG C63 could kick its ass.

Don't disagree, but I prefer fuel injection personally. Also, the Toyota Starlet is a viable option that I totally forgot about. I sold the original 4AGE from my 86 to a guy with a dead Starlet. Wonder if he ever rebuilt it and put it in. Shit would be fun.

It's a corolla, I don't give a fuck.
If I was going to flick it immediately, I wouldn't do it without already having a buyer.

Why would I want one. It's just some faggot anime pony.

i can tell you know little about that car and cars in general

Same

Shake it, can't take it, must break it, break if off, yeah, what'd I say bitch?

not the person you replied to but I just missed out on Death Grips playing in NYC this week.

I've been listening to them for years but never have seen them live. kinda sad tbqh.

They are on tour, opening for some band called Ministry and i couldn't justify spending $50 for a ticket

Think whatever you want mate. It a viciously over-rated car.

>some band called Ministry
>Ministry
>some band

I saw them in NYC last year and boy, it was REALLY intense. I still have scars on my arm where some random chick dug her nails into me hanging on for dear life. It's a shame I couldn't go this year but I'm just too busy right now.

In a way, yes it sort of is. I hate the Initial D hype that surrounds it is disgusting. And the amount of underage faggots that go on Veeky Forums and ask if they should buy some "ae86" they found for cheap which always turns out to be a shitty SR-5 corolla is absolutely haram

i never heard of Ministry till I found out about this tour lad. I'm 25 years and listen to a fair share of metal but never heard of Ministry.

I REALLY regret not going to that show last year, as a matter of fact I know exactly where I was the night of that show. I was in brooklyn watching Homeshake with some chick i was trying to fuck.

I shoulda bought a ticket for Death Grips instead.

I'm perfectly fine to take the car at face value.
It is what it is, there's a great aftermarket scene (albeit expensive for the reasons below) and as far as 80's/early 90's cars go, I like the look.

The anime, surrounding hype and resulting reverse-sleeper presence just does it a disservice. Stock guise, it's a corolla.

I recommend you look into Ministry. Worth knowing about one of the origins of industrial metal.

Hopefully we'll both go next time they're playing, maybe we'll even see each other without knowing.

People saying the AE86 is over-rated... I can't say, I never drove one. But I owned a mint AE92 (fwd successor) about a decade ago and that little car is still my favorite I've owned to date. Insane amount of fun out of a little redtop 4age. I've got a list of 'to own' cars and I've already knocked off the 1st and 2nd gen MR2s, and the ST185 Alltrac Celica. This car and a 2jz Supra will finish off my Toyota list.

That is fucking beautiful