So I'm pretty dead set on getting a 2013/2014 Genesis Coupe and unsure of which trim I should get

So I'm pretty dead set on getting a 2013/2014 Genesis Coupe and unsure of which trim I should get.

There's two Rspecs near me, one with the 2.0t and one with the 3.8, both manual. I've heard that the 2.0t is underpowered but I plan on modding eventually, so wouldn't it be a better idea to go with a car that had a factory turbo?

Other urls found in this thread:

chapter11bk.com/qmf/guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get an ecoboost mustang instead

>modding and voiding the warranty on a car thats main upside is the warranty.

And bro. I fucking outran my buddy in his Genesis in my EXPLORER. After he talked blah blah blah its so quick bro duhdadada ok lets see whats it got. Idk if it was the v6 or not but doesnt matter. Dont dick with it

consider suicide.

I dont want it.

The cars are preowned and probably have no warranty to begin with. Both have around 50k on the odo. I don't care about base performance since I plan on modding anyway. By the time I'm done, I'm hoping to be making it push 500whp.

I'm already dead.

Don't buy a Tiburon

>in a straight line maybe

your dum fucking ass would be upside down on the first fucking corner

Tiburon is from an age where Hyundai wasn't reliable.

Hyundai is incredibly reliable post-2013.

That 2.0 is nothing but problems

I have a base 2.0t OP, it's fun to drive. It's not as sporty as an 86, but it's got much better acceleration and has a good balance between performance and comfort for stock suspension. I think it's MUCH better for the price than an 86 as well.

engine in both is trash and the interior is awful.

Pick up a used V6 mustang or challenger w/ 5.7 L V8 (both in manual of course) instead. Both will smoke the Hyundai in every metric, including tuning.

The 3.8 is likely the best value for power you can get used in a relatively new car because of how hard they depreciate. Really, don't bother with a 2.0t. These things weigh 3500 pounds, and you will notice it. Get the 348 hp out the gate to push that mass and enjoy. You'll be faster than the vast majority of cars on the road stock, and always faster than any non-insane 2.0t builds. They even handle well enough with the trimmed up stock suspension. There are some minor modifications you can do to bump up NA power in the V6 if you really feel like modding down the line, but I'd focus on suspension and rigidity mods over anything else.

I've owned one for a year. 50k miles on the car now. It's been an alright experiment.

>engine in both is trash and the interior is awful.

The Lambda V6 is a nice ass engine, and 2013+ Gen Coupes have better interiors than a fucking Mustang or Challenger. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to believe that a fucking Hyundai would ever have any sort of quality, but it's painfully true.

chapter11bk.com/qmf/guide/

I have a genesis and this helped me A LOT

Doesn't Hyundai have like a 10yr/100k warranty?

>pushing 500whp

lol, oh okay.

There really aren't any tuners out there to tune your car as Hyundai's ECUs are closed sourced. The only ones that are well known are BTR and SFR and they do conservative canned tunes. Or if you live in illinois (BTR) or Pennsylvania (SFR), you could get a real custom tune from them with your STOCK ECU. If you really wanna go the route of 500whp reliably, you'll need to buy a Haltech ECU which goes to ~$1000.

First owner is 10y/100k, 2nd owner is 5y/60k or some shit.

Idk. I like the chassis and interior, that's why I want it

If you *really* and *truly* plan on adding power, then yes, the 2.0t is probably the better route. Otherwise, go with the 3.8.

I like my 2014 3.8.

stock 2.0t = ~240 whp

intake + catless exhaust + sfr 1.5 = ~300 whp (the difference this makes over stock is insane)

evo turbo + Evo manifold + injectors + custom tune/haltech = ~400-500 whp

trans and blocks have been taken to 500 hp reliably without upgrading the internals and over 600 with a built and stroked engine

t. 14 2.0 rspec owner

>Lambda V6 is nice
>makes 350 horsepower yet is slower than a 300 hp mustang V6

The engine is shit on power delivery along with being coarse and unrefined. Have you driven a 3.8 genesis? A 370z and mustang make it feel like trash.

The issue with the car is that on paper, it looks great
>limited slip diff
>6 speed manual
>350 hp V6
>3500 lbs
>Brembo brakes front/rear
However, none of it adds up in reality. You get a half baked car reminiscent of 2000s Hyundai

>240 whp stock
youre funny

>ever suggesting the 2.0t

Also don't get the manual, it has serious problems

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I'm interested in dumping the engine for an LS3

Then just get a Camaro, the 3.8 V6 is the best thing about the car.
The rest is awfully mediocre.

Don't want a Camaro. Dont like the design.

Only design I like better than the Genesis is the 86/BRZ but there are way too many of them where I live. Wanted something different with a similar design. (Sleek, long nosed, coupe, ect).

>Hyundai owners are actually this delusional

Corvette maybe? Comes with an LS, coupe, long nose, C5 and up actually handle pretty well.

>Dont like the design
The Genesis coupe literally has a penis for windows

>500whp
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
ok

Was thinking corvette but there are no good deals on anything within 300 miles. Most of them actually restored c2 or c3s.

I don't see it.

Hey, if you got the money and the interest, why not?

>All the mustang fags in this thread
Mustangs are a fucking joke, an FG F6 Typhoon would rape one anyday, and can actually turn.

>fucking allies and their gay ass planes

your piece of shit toys are no match for the BF-109

>why not?
Because its a waste of money to try and be a special snowflake with a heap of junk like the genesis
Get a real car with a V8 and stop posting

This. Can't wait to get rid of my bk1. I still have fun driving it though.

really?
usually its the other way round?
what kind of problems?

>waste of money

It's not to me. I have plenty of disposable income so what's a waste to you, isn't to me

Its a waste of money through principle. Your money, however much you may have, is better spent elsewhere.

In your opinion. What I do with my money is my own business. I'm not looking for a pseudo intellectual business advice, I'm looking for advice on the best of two routes. If I wanted advice on what I do with my money, I would've asked for it.

Now fuck off

>getting this assmad over your realization that the genesis is a slow, heavy piece of garbage
Go back to your safe space you fucking loser. We’re not validating your retarded decision to get an overpriced Kia.

Serious issues when shifting around second
Sometimes it locks you out of gear

it's shit

This

Also, from someone who works in the industry, people with disposable income don't buy 2.0 Genesis coupes, so stop lying on the Internet. We already know from your posts that you're young, stubborn, poorly informed, and have poor taste.

>waaaaaaah people with money do things I can't because I'm a poor loser who can't barely afford one car

If I needed validation, I wouldn't be talking to some autist that probably still lives with his mom.

Gee user, you sure showed me. You sure proved to me that I don't have a disposable income and can't possibly have any money to my name. Man none of that's possible, no siree!

Aight well anyway, thanks to the anons that aren't total basekt cases. I'll probably go with the 3.8 rspec since it's the lower weared one anyway. Gonna go take a look at it Monday morn. Dealer wants $15k but I'll see if they're willing to haggle.

Cheers!