Does Veeky Forums modify their cars?

Does Veeky Forums modify their cars?
Why do you? Why dont you?

I've seen friends fail to modify their pony cars. Especially one friend who sold his car due to never being able to align it. After thousands of dollars of suspension parts.

Ive also seen friends mocked for their stock cars being completely uninteresting. Nor performing well.

What does Veeky Forums do?

>Why do you?
Shit breaks and stock parts are either too expensive or no longer manufactured.

>why do you?

It's a fun time, and a good bonding experience between my friends. We all work together and go work on our cars afterwards. It's expensive and ultimately just for fun. We have some fun backroads and closed roads nearby where we can run some time trials and just hoon around.

I don't because I don't want to be seen as any bigger of a faggot than I already am for owning a WRX.

>never being able to align it
GM

"Pure stock is the way to rock"

It was a ford mustang cobra on coilovers and a tubular k member. I remember him complaining about never getting the coilovers set right. Or that the k member couldnt be squared. Sad story.

>replaced my shitty old tiny brakes with big new good brakes
>replaced stock heavy 15 inch wheels with light alloy 17s so my new brakes fit and are also wider for slightly improved grip
>aluminium bullbar and 2 Tonne tow bar
>put in a heavy duty clutch which was a shit move desu
>tuneleaf extractors with home made three inch cat back. Also remove cat
>improved sound system and replace head unit with one capable of using USB and Bluetooth rather than tape
I personally think that playing with the engine is a bit silly unless you actually intend on racing it but I would like to get the motor refreshed as I'm 80% my constant front main seal leaks are happening because of blowby.

I'm afraid that I'll just fuck up my only car which is my daily. Otherwise I don't know what I'd do to it. J-body has been modded to hell and back with plenty of internet space dedicated to them. Turbo? Super? I don't know if anything even needs upgrading on them from stock. It's pretty reliable. Maybe a new exhaust but fuck putting any more money into this thing it's a cheap beater that I just want to maintain and keep as clean as possible.

depends on the car
a classic muscle car no (nothing beyond the tires anyways), but something like an S13 is basically a blank canvas waiting to be improved upon

Actually now that I think about it new non steelie wheels would be a good upgrade. Non drum rears would be smart as well.

But fuck it the car like I said is a beater. I'll drive it until something important rusts itself off.

I’d like to put better highway gears in my falcon.

I’ve never done this before but i’ve Done loads of things similar to it, so I think i’ll Be fine.

The thing is, I don’t know trustworthy brands that make rear-gears for a ‘66 Falcon, or what would be too high of a gear ratio (I want to have no trouble going 75, but I’d like to get there without a shitload of trouble. I’m fine with a couple of extra seconds on the acceleration)

Tl;dr, how do I choose a gear set for my classic car, and what ratio should I use?
It appears to currently have a 3.1 or 3.0 set.

Pic of car?

If he mounted it wrong he's just dumb. Coilovers are easy, just get camber/caster plates.

Car was probably wrecked before.

If you're already at 3.1 rear gears you might be better off installing a GearVendors O/D unit.

I don't because there are downsides and it costs a good amount of money to do anything appreciable. Why polish a turd?

I had a buddy with 4.56 gears in his foxbody. He hated them. But he didnt want to do a gear swap again.
So he put a 28 inch tall tire on it. Brought his revs down.

I've replaced the crank, clutch, brakes, radiator, radiator fan motors, upgraded shocks and rebuilt the master/slave clutch, front and rear calipers blah blah blah.

Guys, shit isn't hard. Don't be scared. Thoroughly research and take care.

Fucking madman. I have 3.73s in mine and hate it already. Then again I bought it with stupidly huge rear tires too. Think I'll look into j pipes since I like the acceleration.

It has fucked paint so I'm too embarrassed also it's a ute

Huh.
Maybe I have a different ratio.
I’ll h e to go back and recheck some things, but the point is that my Falcon can barely hit 75.
I have to hold the damn pedal to the floor and sit with my RPM maxed out to drive on most highways, and it’s fucking annoying.

>try to put strut tower brace on car
>best in class brace from top of line company
>has 3 bolts for each strut tower, 4 for firewall and 4 for firewall pinch weld
>for my exact car
>fits fine strut tower to strut tower to two firewall points
>doesnt go down far enough for pinch weld
>everyone says it should fit fine
>an entire inch from pinch weld to strut tower
>say fuck it, no pinch weld bolts
>slowly start torquing everything to spec
>crunches firewall weak point
>wrinkle ruins plastic cowl fitment
>see it while driving

sounds like they sent you the wrong part famalam

Nope. My car has a specific intake that this tower brace is made for. Ive only seen one other person report this issue. He used longer bolts and a crush washer for the space.
Ive already gone and made a mistake. Just gonna live with it.

If stuff breaks or wears out I look out for "better" parts. when my rear shock absorbers were leaking i swapped them for bilstein's, if the front ones start leaking i'll also replace the springs with eibach's.

Mate my paint is fucked too
>lack of clear coat
>rust on roof and driver side from facing the ocean when parked
>previous owner touched up some rust spots with thick fucking nail polish or white out
>odo is only showing 5 digits so possibly wound back
>still flog it like an annoying stepchild

Be proud mate we need more utes on this board

i use to build fast cars then got tired of it after my early 20s and moved on to 4x4 trucks.

still have 2 cars, stock 79 Supra and my 91 Toyota Crown. Crowns getting the front windows limo tinted next year and i likely will build the engine a bit more and do cams. has exhaust, cams, aftermarket gauges, TRD brakes etc already but my 4000lbs of pride needs more