>4, 3, 2, neutral

Contrarian:
>shifting immediately to neutral

We can all agree on this, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ub9WE70e9K8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Just leave it in D

downshifting like a pleb and patrician will wear out your clutch twice as fast.

This. Only use Daymode

not if you're properly engine braking

also shitty plastic clutches in your moms fiat don't count

>not pushing in the clutch and e braking hard

>Sitting at a light in neutral

Kys.

>Not blip throttle downshifting at every stop
Git gud

Kino:
>6, 1, neutral

>Can't shift into first

fpbp

I just leave it in what ever gear it was in and go into neutral as it comes to a stop. Why would I cycle through all the gears just to stop? Do people actually do this?

I'm also confused why would anyone do anything else except this.

Because not everyone is a samefagging homosexual like you and can actually drive a car? Yeah that's definitely it

memes

>leave it in D
>cant stop doing mad skids
why would you leave it in Drift

I usually go straight into 3, then 2 and N. During city driving I never go over 80km/h and my Focus' gears are long for efficiency, in 4th gear the engine braking I get is minimal.

It's actually super fuel efficient and feels like downshifting a race car. When you clutch in the car wastes gas because it has to keep it idling, by engine braking you can harness the inertia of the car keep the engine running.

If the light turns green, you're in the right gear. It's easy to shift into first just beforr coming to a stop when you're in second if it's a stop sign. You get to have the car pop and cackle as you decelerate. So why not?

Keping your car in gear at all time is the only way to keep control of your vehicle in every situation.

Imagine you're coming to a stop, and you realize there's a truck with failed brakes behind you coming at full speed, that split second you'll need to put your car in gear and engage the clutch could be your life.

Dowshifting and revmatching is the way to go.

who shifts to first unless they're stopped dead?

>It's easy to shift into first just before coming to a stop when you're in second if it's a stop sign

Most 4-cyl econoboxes have stupid short 1st gears, in my Focus I can't shift into 1st unless I'm going like 10km/h

>going down to 2
Über pleb

I keep it in gear until near stop. But just use whatever gear I was in before instead of cycling down.

Weird, my first gear goes up to like 35 km/h or 20 mph. I just double clutch into it.

Confirming this, my econo 97 tacoma screams if i get it above 10mph in first gear.

I downshift until 3rd, 2nd if downhill or I feel like it.

When I get to about 10-20km/h I clutch in.

enjoy your fucked throwout bearing

Am I just shit at heel-toe, or is heel-toeing to at such low speeds while going from 2nd to 1st gear extremely difficult because of the precision and fine breaking modulation while modulating the throttle at the same time required to not just accidentally hit the break too hard and stop yourself early?

>have autotragic cuckbox hoondai velosturd
>throw it in neutral at every stoplight
>lookin cool af sittin at stoplight w/ no brake lights on
>sometimes let car roll backwards before a hard re-brake
>put it in manual mode right before light turns green and WOT

fun af tbqhwymn

>trying this hard to make it look like you are driving a manual

Just buy a fucking manual car, christ.

>Tfw bad at downshifting
I ride the clutch too much. I hate it. And when I come off of it from downshifting it lurch forward. Downshifting while trying to slowdown is difficult :(

sikk cunt
>4, 3, 2, clutch dump and skid around the corner without stopping

>Keping your car in gear at all time is the only way to keep control of your vehicle in every situation.
what is this, babbys first drive alone after spending too much time in drivers ed?

>Contrarian:
>>shifting immediately to neutral

I thought this was normal and a good way to preserve your transmission. It's how I learned to drive manual, wtf

Rev match:

>in 4th
>push clutch in
> blip throttle
>shift to 3rd
>release clutch

Or

>4th gear
>clutch in
>shift to 3rd
>blip throttle
>release clutch

Which way?

If you revmatch correctly it doesn't wear it at all. Clutches only wear when they slip.

>downshifting to first when coming to a stop
you'll be in that gear for like half a second, so what's the point? it also takes some skill to not have your face thrown at the steering wheel when doing so.

Sorry but I’m not a faggot

more kino: brick on gas pedal, dive out passenger door shooting both guns

blip the throttle as you're releasing the clutch

all at once in one (1) microsecond

Clunky H pattern shitbox: Fuck it, put it in neutral
God tier sequential with a slipper clutch: Bang through all the gears for extra rev noises and the occasional opportunity to accelerate while in the powerband. brake using the fucking brakes.

even more kino
>brick on gas pedal, jam steering wheel to lock, get up on the roof and start flexing while your car donuts into the intersection

>4th gear
>clutch in
>shift to 3rd and blip throttle
>release clutch

There you go

And no one rev matches correctly you stupid faggot. Anytime your fat foot is using the clutch you're wearing it.

big if true.

>no one rev matches correctly
Enlighten us on how we're doing it wrong then?

>not pushing clutch all the way down and then braking
lol

pretty sure that wear only happens when the clutch is partially engaged while the engine is in motion

>Bait

not using a car with auto rev match /s

I'm a novice driver why I shouldn't do this? It's convenient

Why not 7H, 7L, 6H, 6L, 5H, 5L, 4H, 4L, 3H, 3L, 2H, 2L. and then proceeding to keep rolling till its right up your ass while the light just goes green?

That's probably beacuse you have a diesel and you shift too earlier.

Patrician motorcycle rider here.

you want to habitually keep the gear usable relative to your speed in case something unexpected happens in traffic. even if there is a 0% chance you should practice good shifting habits.

also braking is easier on your drive train than it is on your pads so do that too.

You don't really have a choice, you've got to click down to first before the tranny stops spinning anyway.

but if I only have one gun?

uh, shoot yourself in the head while diving out over the side of an overpass? I dunno. Why on earth do you only have one?

because it leads to increased wear on the release fingers, which eventually causes unwanted slipping and then total failure. it's why you pop that fucker into neutral and handbrake at a light.

I just declutch, then as I come to a stop pop it into first. Is there any reason to work my way down the gears or is that just autism

My driving instructor taught me to do this all those years so. I don't know why op thinks it's contrarian

Uses less gas if you downshift Rev match. Allows you go react should something go awry because you're already in the correct gear.

Why do you put it in neutral? Just leave it in first or second.

You can downshift without even touching the clutch you useless fuck

Learn to drive

You use less gas, your brake pads wear less and the bearing in the clutch also wears less.

Double clutching a synchro? Troll?

Shifting into 1st in any speed over 10,
>luuuuuuuurch

Do ameriburgers unironically sit at the lights in neutral? Fuckin lmao no wonder you love Autos so much

Ayy lmao

Whatever man... My first tops at 45 mph...

Why would I be trolling? The synchro is never happy about going into first while moving in either car, but double-clutching spins the input shaft up to speed so it's easy.

>Not braking all the way down and shifting straight into second or first from fourth

If I know I'm stopping I'm shifting to neutral before I stall. anything else is wasted effort.

If it's big hill I'll downshift 1-2 gears, but since I have diesel it has good engine braking so I usually let revs drop to 1000rpm before disenganging the clutch.

Most efficient way without unnecessary brake or clutch wear imo.

Praise dubs.
FINALLY someone who isn't retarded about such a simple thing.

Why put it into gear, the truck will hit you and you'll barely move and shit will break. Put it into neutral truck hits you and you roll and absorb less energy.

I'm a "right to neutral" person. Any other way is just retarded and wasteful of mental energy. Plus its anti smooth. You gots to be smooth. Like is too short to be any other way.

I learned this way too. But I have tried the engine breaking meme and it seems ok.

I dont get this though:

>at track
>straight approaching hard right turn 133 mph but need to make turn ~50

I would just clutch and break until I get the car pointed the right way then Throw it into gear and accelerate out of the turn.

You guys are saying To cycle through gears during that 3 seconds of hard breaking?

Maybe auto is the true redpill. I don't think I can shift gears and break hard and turn all at once at 133 mph and a tight turn.

>Contrarian
Most normal people just shift into neutral, me included. If I were to use the "patrician" method, I'd take much more time to stop.

this is the patrician choice

if you have to change gears youre a pleb and contrarian

>4 to 3rd, blip throttle, release clutch pedal
>3rd to second, blip throttle a bit more, release clutch pedal
>2nd to neutral, apply brakes
>stay in neutral until ready to drive again in 1st.

Well ideally you would be heel-toeing.

If you do it right, heel-toe brake plus engine brake is equally smooth as just braking.

shift, blip the throttle, and let off the clutch as the revs drop
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub9WE70e9K8

So break and gas with clutch in

I shove the clutch in and brake, but I'll shift through reasonable gears as I go down incase the light turns so I can instantly let the clutch out and speed away.

My 3cyl VW UP will let me do 30MPH in first and it's happy about it. 6200RPM on that engine makes it sound like an angry motorbike.

You're braking with toe while downshifting and rev matching with your heel.

>Look at me, I don't listen to professional because I'm too good of a driver now.

Whatevs, they don't actually teach that in driving school where I live

And if you hit another car and it's found you weren't on the brakes, you'll be found partially at fault.

>B Eco mode
>Regenerative brake to full stop
>Shift to neutral once stopped to prevent the creep forward effect when you let off the brake and to save battery
>getting 120 miles off of a 24kW Nissan Leaf rated for 82 miles

kek

Kill yourself user

Rip synchros

>shifting immediately to neutral
This is what I do. If I'm at a low speed, I'll put the clutch in before I even start braking.

you don't need to heel toe to rev match. Only if you want to brake at the same time. You can always brake before you shift if you're not comfortable using heel and toe

>inb4 that fake manual shifter toyota concept

>Not leaving it in the existing gear while holding the clutch in and coasting to a stop
What am I, someone who's gonna wear out my clutch or something?

still have to downshift if someone came right at you

yeah it's also cool to see your reverse lights come on when you go into neutral

>tfw you already shift fast enough that heel-toe gives no practical benefit
The pedals on mine are also super awkward for it, I can pretty much only do it if I’m wearing my work boots.

>there are people on this board who downshift to first
Jesus fucking christ