/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
-Legacy or b9s-next builds are recommended until the next stable Luma release. astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BEPISMAN2/FidgetSpinner3DS
youtube.com/watch?v=FDwOlA3le8E
3ds-guide.b4k.co/finalizing-setup
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/878841977466482688
stopbullying.gov/at-risk/effects/index.html#suicide
nobullying.com/the-effects-of-cyber-bullying/
education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/bullystoppers/Pages/impact.aspx
nytimes.com/2013/09/14/us/suicide-of-girl-after-bullying-raises-worries-on-web-sites.html
3ds.titlekeys.gq?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you finally managed to force your pic in the op!
congratulations!

What ever happened to Rei

After running bootstrap, would running a system format cause any issues?

No, thanks to FIRM protection. You can ideally use TinyFormat.

Yes? I made that thread at the same time as this one, and this one was lucky and got there first. Are you suggesting to use that one or what?

Are the current builds of 8.1 still suffering any of the major setbacks 8.0 had, or is most of that taken care of by now?

same with a9lh you have to go out of your way to remove shit like that

github.com/BEPISMAN2/FidgetSpinner3DS

This post is actually not for the thread creators but to migrate those, who'll use the other thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=FDwOlA3le8E

>tfw you can finally spin and dab with your nintendo 3DS

Who are they?

what's a good place to buy an r4i gold?

nds-card.com

Where do I find the 1.1 update for EverOasis (EU)?
I am using CIAngel - currently downloading the base game with 853.39MB, so it might already be included?

how fast is shipping to the U.S?

There's already an update?

Where would I go to find DQ7+DQ8/Bravely Default+Second .cias with orchestration+uncensored? The pastebin links are dead.

it's a minor update that improves some translation issues but it is said to also fix a rare bug that occurs in game.

Generally stuff doesn't show up that fast on the titlekeys website. Someone does have to submit it.

Not seeing Ever Oasis on either freeshop or ciangel. Did you buy your copy? If so, do us all a favor and upload the ticket info on that freeshop database.

just update from the home menu, as long as you don't update by going inside the eshop there shouldn't be a problem.

do control + F on the last thread, there's the EUR cia being passed through mega and the USA cia that you can download through google drive, i already got 3 hours into the USA ver. and it works without a problem.

I just got a PS4. It's on 3.55.
Can I run Linux? Homebrew? Pirated shit?
Is there some sort of lazy dumbfuck guide for it?

I asked my friend to help out, it should be on CIAngel soon.
As for me, he manually update mine so I am good to go.

Thanks a lot!

>Just finished my bootstrap set up after putting off updating from my emuNAND set up
>Oh boy! Time to play Monster Hunter 4U with my legit copy onli-
>Error Code: 002-0121
>This device's access to online services has been restricted by Nintendo.

dumbass

>Two threads ago I was told not to be a paranoid faggot and not to worry about it. Online play will work just fine as long as I turn off some shit in Internet Settings
>Now I'm a dumbass

And seriously there's nothing to worry about. Copy paste one file and enjoy the rest of your day.

How's Ever Oasis?

Copy paste? Which file would that be? The guide I'm reading says to open two files up with a hex editor and make random edits.

Just use the friend seeds in the OP until they're all banned, then someone else will give theirs

Disregard that. I just noticed it at the top of the 3DS guides.

Back to happy hunting. Thanks anons

Where's the best place to get CIAs for game updates?

Still titlekeys.

3ds-guide.b4k.co/finalizing-setup

In Section II - Updating the System, do I need to be connected to the internet? And if I update the system, won't it fuck it?

btw, I'm on 11.3.0-35 E atm

kek

What's the difference between decrypted and encrypted

gee I fucking wonder.

If you're going to be a fucking smart ass about it I'll look up the info myself over what it means in this fucking context

The same thing it means in any fucking context. It's self-explanatory, are you fucking retarded?

Without being a fucking smartass cunt please. Or I will track you down and fuck your girlfriend in front of you.

Hey guys, any idea what's the issue might be?

The new titlekeys website works perfectly fine and loads successfully on my PC, but absolutely refuses to load from the 3DS itself.
Doesn't load from the browser; FBI gets a "Network unavailable" error when I scan QRs for tickets; Freeshop can't update the database from the QR and says that the connection has timed out.
At the same time, the rest of the internet works absolutely fine on my 3DS, so it's unlikely there's something wrong with my connection. What gives?

I can't wrap my fucking head around it, there's no special magic happening on PC that lets me access the site while the 3DS can't, I'm not using any VPNs or proxies or anything.
I tried googling the issue, but it seems I'm the only idiot in the world having this problem.
Please help a brother out?

ever oasis when?

How long until Ever Oasis on Freeshop? I'm away from home so I can't grab the .cia file elsewhere.

could anyone tell me how to inject a friendcodeseed_b with godmode9? i had decrypt9 but then i installed godmode9 and cant access decrypt9, and i dont know how to inject things with godmode.

or alternatively, could someone tell me how to access decrypt9?

Someone seriously needs to fork the titlekey website

Seems odd. Even if there may be nothing wrong with the connection, I'd just delete it and recreate it in the 3ds and see if it carries on there.

Nope. Tried that, didn't work. I tried changing the settings, I tried going to a friend's house with a different internet provider, I tried reinstalling both FBI and Freeshop. Nothing helped so far.
Really activates my fucking almonds.

Huh. I was going to suggest maybe initializing the settings in the browser, but I don't think they handle anything that matters.
That's really strange. I assume you tested a wide variety of sites to see if they worked?
Did your friend have a hacked 3ds that you could check with?

switch hax soon my nigs
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/878841977466482688

Nope, I'm probably the only madman in my entire fucking republic with a 3DS. I'm in Crimea. Hopefully it's not a sanctions thing.

I wouldn't call it a "wide" variety, but I did try opening some sites from different domains and regions that I use regularly, and I didn't notice any significant problems. The titlekey website seems to be the only one I can't access.
It's almost like my 3DS is actively trying to prevent me from piracy. At least I can still install CIAs.

Hope whatever firmware comes out by August is compatible

Eh, still going to wait for the revision

Okay, just checking, since it superficially sounded like a problem I have on my computers sometimes where they'll load ipv6 sites but not ipv4 and I have to go release and renew their ip addresses to get them to load. But if it's just the one site, that is odd.
And coincidentally, the opposite of one a friend of mine has, where game cias won't install at all, but freeshop works fine.
I doubt it's a sanctions thing, since the newer version of the site has only been up a relatively short bit of time. Too bad you don't have access to another hacked 3ds to test with. That would give you a better idea of whether it's just an issue with yours or not.

What's even the point of waiting for an update on the freeshop or a .cia when you can just do it normally?

It's a fucking comfy game. And there's always something to do. I'm definitely part of the tired gamer crowd but I really like it.

you cant update it through eshop normally if it doesn't match the region of the game theres a workaround but nobody bothers with it, theres also people not on the latest firmware so they dont want to update just to go to the eshop

I accidentally skipped the dialog that explains what happens if you have a party member that runs a bloom booth.

What does it say? I assume it said that they can't sell stuff while they're out with you or something.

To clarify: this isn't going to lead to public hax soon. Basically, all the code for all system modules (but notably NOT the kernel or built-in kernel modules) has been dumped. What this does mean is that basically every service is going to be very well understood pretty soon, which will allow for finding bugs in said services that can be used as a foothold towards attacking the kernel (and then eventually attacking TrustZone through the FS module).

freeshop hasn't updated in months for me, the most recent release is Japanese Echoes and any attempt at re-routing to the new URL ends in failure. really at a loss here.

also downloaded Ever Oasis but it's the Euro version and the region free launcher in homebrew only works for cart games for some reason.

Yeah when they're with you they can't sell their stuff so no money from their shop. It doesn't really matter.

By the way if you wait too long before finishing a request from someone and they leave your oasis, they'll come back a few days later so don't worry about that and do whatever you want at your own pace.

ah okay, thanks for the tip and answer

Make sure you delete the old urls, then point it at the site in the OP

Everyone forgets to delete the old urls...

I do delete the URLS, and when I add the new one and refresh it goes back to the old one.

If it just "goes back to the old one" you clearly havent deleted it. Theres a little bin icon next to the url list, use it.

Oh, yeah, meant to ask. Is the titlekey replacement site being operated by someone in /hbg/? With bootrom dumps, titlekey encryption could be 100% fully automated, and if the hoster of the site is in here shoot me a message and I can help with the code required.

Yes, I'm looking at the bin icon as we speak. I hit it, and it disappears, and I add the new one and then hit refresh cache. Going back to the settings, the old URL is back in its place.

its the same user don't think ive seen him around lately

Save settings before refreshing cache

You're thinking too small.
FBI can read nand:/dbs/ticket.db. It would be feasible to do the same for freeShop or anything else, really.
Then it can scrape for keys and upload the decrypted titlekeys to the website.
That way, people wouldn't have to do some annoying, arcane procedure to share their keys.

>kids who are bullied are at risk of suicide
stopbullying.gov/at-risk/effects/index.html#suicide
>Online bullying can lead to loss of self-esteem, and even contemplation of suicide.
nobullying.com/the-effects-of-cyber-bullying/
>Students who are bullied are more likely to: [...] have a higher risk of suicide
education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/bullystoppers/Pages/impact.aspx
>In Britain, a number of suicides by young people have been linked to ask.fm, and online petitions have been started there and here to make the site more responsive to bullying.
nytimes.com/2013/09/14/us/suicide-of-girl-after-bullying-raises-worries-on-web-sites.html

Just stop already.

So can someone explain why I have to download the new freeShop to get anything newer than Anime Workshop? What changed that I can't just use the latest encTitleKeys.bin and get all the games on the old one?

It's just that I'm hesitant to use the new freeShop when people suspect that's what got them banned.

>when people suspect that's what got them banned
We have established eleven times over that "new freeShop = ban" is not the case.
You probably just forgot to change .com to .gq, no need for a newer build.

you dont the new site works just fine with the old one

>""""""female"""""""
He knows what using multiple quotations is meant to indicate right? Is he trying to tell us that he really is just pretending and he knows that's what it is?

I have the correct titlekeys url and mine still wouldn't ever update no matter how many times I told it too until I installed 2.3. The in-app updater doesn't work properly at all.

Well, what I did was I just downloaded the encTitleKeys.bin directly from the .gq website and replaced my old one with it, but Anime Workshop is still the latest game. Does that not work?

That was edited, you idiot.

Was Ever Oasis really worth your incessant shitposting?

Shut the fuck up.

I've installed FreeShop and included decTitleKeys.bin that I just downloaded a few minutes ago.

When I attempt to install a new game (Metroid Fusion and Mario Maker in this instance) it results in an error towards the end of the download, stating 'Wrong title key'.

Has anyone come across this issue, and know how to remedy it?

Rebuilding ill gotten fire emblem echoes dlc takes longer than downloading it in the first place, what the fuck brah.

it's the enc bin not the dec and don't bother with the GBA games on there they all have ghosting and really dark colors get a cia for them or make your own with ultimate gba injector which auto makes it for you while also removing all dark and color stuff

Okay, so I updated to the latest freeShop and made sure it's pointing at the .gq site but it still isn't showing me any games newer than Anime Workshop. What am I missing?

thanks, user!

Oh... apparently Anime Workshop IS the latest thing on freeShop. I thought that was wrong since it came out a few weeks ago and the title keys website had a few new things.

Well, thanks for nothing, /hbg/.

Also, would playing something like Super Mario Maker get me banned relatively quickly?

still no knowledge on what exactly triggers it just having cfw makes you have a percent chance, staying completely offline and disabling the spot pass and show what title you're playing seems to be the best bet atm

How would anyone know? Probably not though.

So I just installed a game through CIAngel and it works fine, but is there any reason I should also scan the QR code for the title key on 3ds.titlekeys.gq? Or is that for something else?

Something else. Scanning the qr code with fbi is an alternative way to download the game.

>still no magnethax

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Or, ya know, (s)he could just ignore the bullies when they say mean things

Thats what my parents told me, and I never became sucidial, nor a sexual deviant.

The old methods still work. If (s)he was getting physically attacked my advice would be different, but "mean words" are most definitely survivable, and wont give you PTSD