youtube.com/watch?v=KsYJUWhgbYI
youtu.be/uL7Gbpdwv-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=l5xlnfsX8wA
polycount.com/discussion/comment/2544763#Comment_2544763
youtube.com/watch?v=ILSiVO3dDYg
github.com/ocornut/imgui
eliasdaler.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/imgui-sfml-tutorial-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How low poly can my assets be for first person to not be disgusting?

Suck my block

third for gogem is our town's fool

where's the chicken

I only show up for the chicken

one more monolith track

clyp.it/0n010civ

two more

I didn't want to post this in the old thread so here.

So many ways to go about it. Maybe having some initial set up that never leads anywhere but simply acts as a motivation for the whole thing could work.

Weirdly enough I still haven't played this. I figure I should if I am to proceed with this project.

>Is it FPS or TPS?
I was actually thinking TBS or Real-Time Tactics. Controlling a crew instead of one guy.

>Also does it have space combat, or just the boarding sections?
I wasn't planning on having space combat as it would blow the scope out of hand having to make two different combat systems.

>>tfw wanted to make a space pirate game with boarding forever
That's still quite different from this. Or at least I hope so. Go on, space pirates are cool!

Looks interesting. I'll have to look that up. From a first glance seems quite different than what I had in mind.

It's a good example of how similar ideas seem like when you describe it with a few sentences. And the idea itself is a bit generic so it would make sense that a lot of people have similar ideas. And a nice reminder that ideas themselves don't have any value.

Thanks. It's been something that I've returned to fiddling with every now and then but this is the first time I feel like my skills might actually be able to pull it through.

Thanks for all the replies. I think this will help me figure out where to take the initial design.

im all about the meta youtube.com/watch?v=KsYJUWhgbYI

>I would be ok with goog's intentionally provoking attitude if it actually produced any commercial success
one comma later....
>but right now his only decently successful game was SIT purely because of its memetic nature
if you dont see my beautiful provocateur nature shining from every aspect of SIT you arent paying much attention

this is not a proper /agdg/ header image, OP

So I have been making a thing, I am getting close to alpha.

Soon in valve time Ill have something to show.

Nani?

is

is the pic related

U got the thing wrong it doesn't matter some people pretend it does cause they suck penises.

Mah gaem is liek huw 2 saey is getin gud

too many africans to post anything though y'all are thieves.

> How to Webm
>anime OP
so close

nice pic
Alpha will be in demoday?

post detective game progress

Low poly in FPS isn't disgusting, its comfy
Less cognitive load to parse the scene

It is one of the references and inspirations to my game yes.

same with.
youtu.be/uL7Gbpdwv-Y

What's a good example of low-poly FPS?

>someone else drawing inspiration from Doom and Hexen

Tell us more.

I doubt it somehow because its multiplayer so I need to heavily test everything.

FPS is the genre of what I am building.

Ctesiphon

Not exactly too sure what I can say we are a small team of 3-4 working out of a labour of love for video games our team formed because we where all upset with the trend modern games where taking.

We are an international team.

Depends on the aesthetic you're pushing. There's stuff like Desync where you can basically see each triangle and they still look decent within their aesthetic. Just go with what works for you.

I am the Programmer.

halp

learning to program while building the game is painful but i recommend the hard way to EVERYONE.

So... did you guys hear about the shitstorm going on with youtube DMCAs?

One jewish tranny is fucking everyone's shit up. It's pretty scary stuff.

Give me a summary of the dilemma that is abstracted to the point of being sterilized of the mention of any of the specific people involved.

I hope we can get our aesthetic right.

Hard to mention specific things without being asked a specific question "whats your health system like"

Its not a traditional hp system.

No? elaborate

What's the gameplay like, what weapons you got planned, monsters, environments you'll be seeing? Any unique gameplay mechanics? Movement stuff, player abilities?

This is low poly 3D. Anything else is indie rehash shit.

How do I figure out how often I need to give the player New Shit in a heavily proc gen SRPG with perma death? The game is divided into 8 parts and each part takes 20 minutes to get through but a reward every 20 minutes sounds too infrequent.

And it looks beautiful

Modelling is easy as shit but texturing is too hard.

The gameplay is right now something I cannot specifically mention.

The weapons we have planned is a pretty large list

Monsters is an interesting topic each creature has its own unique abilities and AI and are all meant to be difficult

The one interesting thing I can mention is theres a paperdoll for equipment.

Movement is pretty standard.

Lots.

I know thats fairly vague but we are getting pretty close to having something to put out to get people to try it out.

I intend to be pretty active in the community that spawns from it trying to appease and nutcup everyone by making it good, After all I am making it so that we can all have a game to enjoy without me selling out to Microsoft and doing daily DLC shit.

Vague is not a good sign. Tell us about some weapons, and some monsters, because as vague and wishy washy as you're being makes it seem like you either have fuck all planned/written down, or you're just ideaguying at this point.

here have a tiny hint.

No I am not making a Tacos Flamberg clone

youtube.com/watch?v=l5xlnfsX8wA

>You can knock people down and steal their boots.

>indie devs hire a jewish tranny for music
>tranny chimps out during development
>tranny now going around hitting EVERY SINGLE channel that has the game with DMCA strikes despite signing a contract saying all music made is property of the indie devs
>tranny now larping as a lawyer holding DMCA strikes for ransom unless the youtube channels make smear videos about the indie devs
>even adult swim's games are being taken down by DMCA strikes from the tranny
>no one can stop him

Be very careful who you hire for contract work, fellas.

>jewish
will literally never hire a kike or a tranny, or anyone from commiefornia.

It depends on what kind of rewards are we talking about. You didn't really give us enough information to allow any kind of help.

Yeah already had to go through all those issues when getting my little team setup.

People trying to steal unfinished code man like da fuck.

How can you design a game to be:
>3d
>have cute anime girls
>not be pixelcore
>not look cringy
Can it be done? Bonus: be achievable by an indie dev

Does anyone have even scraps of concept art or something to help?

>3d anime
>not cringy
impossible

That's true. Fair enough. My experience is that people don't read long posts about mechanics.

Y-yes.

how did you solve it then?

did you do some sort of "work for hire" deal or what?

jesus fuck for the life of me i can't grok godot.

am i just stupid guys?

Go play nier automata

>3D
>Cute anime girls
Hard but not impossible,
You will have to mess a lot to get the the right model with the right shaders, and probably mess with the perspectives according the camera angle, like they did for GGX.
Simpler approach, do what Tree of savior did, using a 3d model for the character bodies and bilboard for the heads

>This is low poly 3D. Anything else is indie rehash shit.

but user your post is the definition of indie rehash shit. it even comes from a hipster lowpoly thread.

polycount.com/discussion/comment/2544763#Comment_2544763

>GGX
Mean GGXrd

Basically, yeah.

Contracts are in effect and the team knows its a labour of love we are doing it because we want to play our dream game.

Not make a quick buck.

nights of azure
certain touhou doujin games

I am paying out of my pocket though for anything thats required and theres alot of nuances there as is with the money issue.

well i've never heard anyone without a serious mental deficiency actually use the word "grok" in conversation so that's a clue

>hangs out in a place like agdg but pretends to be too cool for a word like grok
Is being a tryhard faggot a serious mental deficiency or is it just one of your character flaws?

>shittily maintained documentation
>only a few tutorials online
>basically Unity-lite with no pros and all the cons
>decision on which feature to implement next is handled by asking an Ouija board
>constrained to godot objects

no, its pretty resonable to not get godot

I just wanted to be hip with the rad kids

cool. should I move to unity personal? can that still make me money or something?

i am also compiling a team

It is intended as a free and open source project. But I quess that if there is anything to steal or a way to screw others over then someone will find a way to do it.

So, should I also impose a contract for my free project? What do you think? You already have experience with this.

>should I move to unity personal?
it really depends on what kind of game are you making

some games fit perfectly into that design paradigm that every THING must be an object with a graphical counterpart. And that speeds the work up quite a lot.

however, some other games can be achieved much easier through a graphical API where you are not constrained to that one way of doing things.

I don't know what kind of game you are making, so I can't give you a better answer.

grok is an awful new age term that some early computer programmers used because their parents were braindead hippie burnouts. some teenage retard that complains he can't understand how to drag and drop shit into a premade engine using the word "grok" to look smart is incredibly pathetic.

Like a lot of people I have a shitload of undercooked ideas. I'm starting small, perhaps a text game or something arcade, and I'm sure some other tool would fit better. It's just that I wanna start with one, learn it, and stick with it, and I think a more general engine like Godot or Unity would be better than say, Renpy or RPG Maker or some shit. All of this is hobby for me though so it's k.

>I just wanted to be hip with the rad kids
forget it dude, you will never grok the information superhighway. the world ends in 2000 anyway so let's drop acid instead.

This is a stupid ass math question but I'm trying to make an upgrade have diminishing returns, so it adds 10 on the first point, then 9, then 9, then 8 etc.

But I'm having so much trouble finding a way to make a sequence like this. I'm sure it must be so easy I'm just retarded. Any advice?

That's probably one of the easy stuff. I'm not your guy though, but it's probably something exponential function related.

whelp my game plays like shit. i tried the last big potential fix and its barely different. should i fake it till i make it or just give up again.

Yeah as a precaution get some documentation and and maybe something like an NDA and that kind of thing.

People will steal from you.

uh, stat += 10 - level? or do you actually want two 9s in there?

Can a game with graphics like Ori and the Blind Forest be made by a 1MA within 3 years?

I hate Madoka. I could never watch it more than 2-3 episodes.

Also keep in mind that even the most airtight legal contracts won't stop the kind of bullshit that's happening to Imagos and Adult Swim right now.

Avoid trannies like the plague. They are ticking time bombs.

>The gameplay is right now something I cannot specifically mention.
>The weapons we have planned is a pretty large list
>Monsters is an interesting topic each creature has its own unique abilities and AI and are all meant to be difficult
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ideally it uses multiplication so it works for any values, with any max.

I kinda found a cheaty way.. but it feels like there's a better way than what im doing

It depends. If you already have the skills (art, dev etc.) and if you are not an engine dev, then maybe.

you can get to mars within 3 years if you know what you're doing.

create an enumeration for the range of diminishing returns, that way you can even apply effects / affects to each state.

Some people won't even realize they are stealing especially if you are working at varying paces.

Becareful with your hiring, don't want to have a situation like

"faking it till you make it"
Is similar logic to people that say trying hard is bad.

Why not just fix it ? don't have fist it all the time.

brush up on your debugging.

Heres my debugging music I like to listen to.

You goto learn to read bro I gave more hints.

Besides it will speak for itself I am not trying to promote it incase you didn't notice?

>anyone without a serious mental deficiency
Grok is pretty niche nomenclature, more likely they're a wonk than a potato

where have you found good free mocap data?

i dunno, can you produce vast quantities of beautiful and consistently stylized artwork very fast?

WHY IS THERE NO ENGINE/LANGUAGE THAT JUST DOES GUIS EASILY FOR ME AND NOTHING ELSE

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE EITHER TOO DIFFICULT, TOO BLOATED AND SLOW, OR FUCKS ME AROUND WITH WEIRDASS SHIT LIKE GAMEMAKER

WHY WHY WHY

woops forgot song.

youtube.com/watch?v=ILSiVO3dDYg

maybe at full time. but I'd say no. or a really short one.

>TOO BLOATED AND SLOW
This is really a meme, chances are the bottleneck is going to be you, not the engine

>WHY IS THERE NO ENGINE/LANGUAGE THAT JUST DOES GUIS EASILY FOR ME AND NOTHING ELSE

imgui+sfml?

Added capital ships, both for player and for AI. Still need to give AI better.. AI.

But now I have fighters and capital ships so there's that. Now I just need to do weapon configuring, then I'm ALMOST done with UI bullshit and can do actual gameplay/levels

saying grok just means you've read some horrible programming tutorial from 2003 and haven't done enough real programming to notice nobody talks like that anymore

I get autistically paranoid about performance.

What is that? Google shows nothing.

yeah the word grok is not programming jargon, It is nodev jargon.

Whats the point of having a nice ship model if 90% of the time its 1 inch on the screen

Why not?

>haven't done enough real programming to notice nobody talks like that
How does programming teach you how people talk?

Ya know, adding more viewing directions didn't look as good as I thought it would.

like use Windows Forms, haha

I like it

different user but even ignoring the actual game's performance the tools themselves feel really bloated and slow to use. i started making shit by modding neverwinter nights and unity in 2017 feels more sluggish than a silly modding tool did back in 2002.

software is getting slow faster than hardware is getting fast.

>What is that? Google shows nothing.

github.com/ocornut/imgui
eliasdaler.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/imgui-sfml-tutorial-part-1/

I use unity as well and disabling auto-refresh helps. That way it only rebuilds your scripts when you hit control-r, rather than every time you save a change.

Maybe better controls, just watching it looks clunky. Like the first person view in metal gear solid

real programming involves working with other people or at the very least reading modern books, papers, watching lectures etc. i'd argue if you've never worked in at least a mid-sized team you have no idea what programming is because you never needed to write something other people had to read.

Or you know, because first person pixel art are a real solid combo

I found this in the archive today. It looks cool, any updates from this guy?

How do you think FPS started out?

Doom has aged like ass, art wise.
And his art is placeholder tier as well

yeah, doom was awful