Toyota 86

Why the fuck do people hate on the 86? it has a well balanced body but come from the factory with modest power ie. a tuner car. If you want a good body and high power get a BMW m car. If your looking for a new car to tune into a track weapon or drift missile you can upgrade the engine but try to fix shit balance. Stop being a bench racing fag and do the work your self. Also muh horzpowa is a fucking sales gimmick.

TORQUE

DIP

because when examining the car its supposed to emulate, it is significantly slower compared to other cars on the market than the AE86 was

120hp in a 2300 pound car in 1983 was pretty quick

200hp in a 2800 pound car in 2012 was nothing special

its torque dip is unacceptable

Sourgrapes jealousy.

These dweebs all drive shitbox PT Losers and civics

200hp in that light a car is fine, it's a small car. I don't hate it, I love toyotas, but I don't see the appeal over other options. I'd prefer a convertible option though.

>4 cylinders
>front engine
>200 hp / 2742 lbs
>0-60 6.9s...
COME ONE !

W
H
A
T

I
S

T
U
N
I
N
G

Just order extra dip

Toyota and Subaru created a car with a great chassis, fantastic steering feel, and a decent look (disregarding Toyota's awful facelift), then saddled it with a disappointing engine and made the excuse that it was a blank slate for tuners, even though they had better alternatives for that exact purpose already available, like the EJ207, EJ257, or, you know, the FA20DIT. It's a lot like the 240SX in that respect.

When everyone who owns the car is either dumping the engine it came with for a fucking LS1 or 2JZ or immediately putting a shitty blower in, you know that someone
during the design process of the base car fucked up.

Since there's already an 86 thread, or rather two, I'll ask here, is it worth getting one?

I'm impressed with the ones I've seen on track at.

Honestly, they're lots of fun to drive, but if you'd idea of fun requires you to be pushed back in your seat when you gas it, it's probably not for you.

a pt cruiser gt is a second faster 0-60 kek

They can't afford one., and it pisses on the Miata.

>30k
>underpowered as fuck
that is it, it's not value for money

I considered one. Peak horsepower is plenty in them, theyre just too fucking small. I dont like clown cars. So I bought a big ass Accord coupe and love it. Suspension is another con on the 86. I like soft and plush rides.

I like my 86 way more than i did my g35. That being said, it is a tuners car. Normies can btfo.

desu if u drive a pt cruiser at this point, you are absolutely in love with the pt cruiser in a way I am jealous of

How many people that hate it have actually driven one. I drove one, in a spirited manner, and it was pretty fun. Like a riding a moped or fucking a fat girl.

It is fun, but needs another 100hp.

This is why its good to be a manlet

Would you stfu and get lost you bitch ass piece of shit??

Something that voids the warranty and costs $500.

Why do we have to go through this shit every 86 defense force thread? The engine is shit and everyone knows it.

That picture, i cant stop laughing! Fuck you user

I'm considering it as well. I can get a 2013 one in mint condition with 40,000km (24800 miles) on the clock for $18000AUD ($14k USD). Would anyone care to point me out on things that I might not realise at first that would make me regret buying it? Like user said I don't really want to be thrown back in my seat, but something that can go from 0-100 in 8 seconds feels perfect for my type of driving. I don't have much experience with sporty cars but I feel an 86 is a good first sports car.

>because when examining the car its supposed to emulate, it is significantly slower compared to other cars on the market than the AE86 was

What it lost in speed relative to the competition, it gained in weight loss.

What is the next lightest 2+2 rwd coupe that you can buy new after the 86? How much does that car cost?

The back seats are essentially useless, and low weight means basically nothing if you have the same or less P/W

>low weight means basically nothing if you have the same or less P/W
You're being serious right now, aren't you?

Admit it, all of you would want an 86 if you could have one.

Some of us love it enough to have 3.

don't fall for that marketing bullshit
its in no way related to the AE86

the interior is cheap as fuck. the ride will prob be shit on shit roads.