/rtsg/ Real Time Strategy General

Let's hope this doesn't break down and die first edition.

>Q&A

Q:What is an "RTS"
A: An RTS game is usually from a third-person perspective, and in these games you control vast numbers of units in a tactical game scenario.

Q: Why a real time strategy general?
A: Cause the /gsg/ isn't for rts.

Q:Why not fun post in the /civ4xg/?
A: That's rude and because that's a diffrent gernal like /gsg/.

Q: Is there a public discord/steam group?
A: No. someone make one and post link.

Q.What games would you recommend,
A: C&C(Origin), Grey goo(Steam), Total Was Series?(steam), Starcraft(Blizzard), Age of Empires(Steam), Planetary Annihilation(Steam).

Q: Why is this gernal shitty?
A: First general for this. Don't expect to be a top tier general.

Q: There are already generals for some of these games, why make a new one?
A: I want there to be a whole RTS general for all the fans in one thread since I haven't seen a starcraft general in months or any other general besides Total War.

>Information

I need some people to help me on this one with informations for posted games plus more.

>For New Players

[What is an rts game(in depth)]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_strategy

[Games to check out if getting into]
store.steampowered.com/app/290790/Grey_Goo/
store.steampowered.com/bundle/2149/Age_of_Empires_II_HD__The_Forgotten__The_African_Kingdoms__The_Rise_of_the_Rajas/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/vgrtsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol rts are dead dude

Like arena shooters, their time has passed.

Starcraft is still top 5 esport. I don't really see anything replacing it.

>no mention of best RTS
shit general already

>playing DOW3
>beat the enemy so fast within the first 10 minutes they quit

Space marines are so broken i'm sick of playing them i want to play orks but they underperform

Age of Empires Remastered hype where?

>more reworks of already good games instead of making new ones

I'll add it next time.

>tfw fell in love with stukov but now it's just a mastery grind
Should I just pick a new commander already? Stukov only really has one playstyle so I can't just do things differently.

Thanks Obama

>$11 USD on steam
or
>$8 USD on g2a

Any tips for Wargame Red Dragon? I just got it and even the easy campaign is kicking my ass

Watch some videos man. Was a bitch getting into. Also read the steam discussions. They have some tips.

>rtsg
>stands for
>real time strategy game
no the g at the end of generals stand for "general"

Started making a chart I think years ago, started getting input on /v/, what categories to add, and info on rts games I hadn't played.

It's flawed and I haven't added to it recently though.

I'll fix that in the next general.
That's sick man. Cool if I add it to the general?

If you want to, I don't know how useful it is to determine what kind of game you want to play though.

The rts flowchart that is often posted in /v/ rts thread may be better for that.

>those landbridges
I actually got that fanmade remaster of WC2 but didn't play it much. Is WC2 piss easy by modern standards? Seems like you could just macro for 10 minutes and then rush to win with 3-4 controrl groups of ogres/knights

>Try terran after 2 years of playing zerg.
>It still feels like i have some sort of disability with my motor skills after a week of practice.
It's good to know that the skills you learn by playing zerg don't transfer to other rts at all.

>with 3-4 controrl groups of ogres/knights
There were no control groups in original wc2.

The AI in the vanilla campaign is pretty easy, it's a lot better in the expansion.

Original WC2 had control groups for sure

No it did not.

It was added with battle.net edition that came after starcraft

I concede to you friend, and must admit that my misguided claims originate from me only having played the battle.net edition and thus I mistook its features for something that clearly was not in the base game

Thinking of getting cossacks 3. Is it any good?

That's a bummer man
$5.99 for deluxe edition. I'd say go for it man. If you can't afford it hit up my steam and I'll see if i can get you a copy.

There was an old RTSG steam group.

steamcommunity.com/groups/vgrtsg

It's rarely used these days. I'm currently the admin of it, but if anyone else wants to role, then thats fine by me.

I've been watching a ton of Starcraft 2 game play recently, but have not actually played it. Thinking of buying it, but don't know which version to buy. Which one should I get?

>pic related

Get the battlechest. Blizzard releases them near the end of a games life and probably won't update the title till the next game in a few years

Battlechest if you intend on playing all the campaigns and plenty of co-op, just WoL or HOTS (depends on which race you prevent, I'm a Zerg player so I liked the HOTS campaign more, though I'm not sure if it can be bought standalone)

What mod / map?

no map, I was just dling custom models and skins at some point and checking them out

bamp

bomp

Is DoW 3 worth it with the new mode?

bemp

bymp

bimp

Is turn-based tactics allowed here?

xcom has it's own general

bümp

bûmp

Thanks for bumping man. Appreciate that some people like this thread enough to bump.

búmp

Bump

Please stop putting /gsg/ in the OP.

tastosis broodwar casting when?

Why buddy?

BoOramp

because people are ctrl-f looking for /gsg/, it's understandable

bùmp

bqmp