/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Absolute truth
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9bL1LQGK0
youtube.com/watch?v=4Hg8_Jw7v2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Paladin character being in edgy black armour is everything wrong with DaS3

Argo has the best filtered voice in the souls series, right nest to Vilhelm

dark souls is the wow of soulslikes

Any chance anyone can either drop me a Harald Knight Curved Greatsword on Ps4? Or be willing to help me transfer one over? If you need bosses done or whatever, im always happy to co op

>Raime was one of Drangleic's most distinguished knights.[1] He used his favorite bird, the black raven, as his sigil.[2] He was considered by Vendrick as his left arm and was one of his most trusted advisors along with Velstadt.[2] However, he eventually clashed with Velstadt and was deemed a traitor by Vendrick.[2]

Having decided to leave Drangleic behind, Raime devoted his loyalty to Nadalia who gave him a new purpose.[3] Instead of using his ability to expunge black fog, he embraced it to always be by her side.[4]

This sounds like 12 year old kid's DeviantArt OC. It sounds like Lucifer's fantasy.

What a shit fucking game.

There's plenty of gold/silver armor that can work for a Paladin character, at least how I'd picture one. I guess Hodrick is a Paladin, and he has armor that resembles Leeroy's if he was hit by a bus.
More white medium/heavy armor sets would have been cool.

>Vendic loved a shard of of Mauses soul
>"Vendric that's stupid don't do that" -Reimu
>Veldstad: "I'll fucking gut u m8"
>"Fine I'm leaving, youall bitchass niggas anyway" - Raime
>"Vendic might have been on to something with the whole shad of manus thing" - Ravenlover

That is the story of Reimu, best waifu.

He means the Fallen Knight with the ASS by the Paladin ashes

Nothing wrong with pedophilia

Anybody on PC wanna drop me a pair of Black Knight leggings?
I've been farming this dickass knight by the Farron Perimeter for an hour and that's all I'm missing.

Omnibus, if you're reading this, I got him bro. For you. ;_;

What did Vendrick use shard of Manus's soul for?

What suggests that guy's supposed to be a paladin?
I don't think the use of ASS and the fact he's standing in front of those ashes is enough to suggest that when he also used twindaggers and no miracles, faith scaling weapons or heavy armor.

Nothing, he just got pusswhipped.

>What did Vendrick use shard of Manus's soul for?
Nothing, literally loved her then realized she just wanted power and got depressed.

youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA

He's right. Souls combat isn't deep enough to carry the game on itself, and focusing on ''difficult'' enemies and bosses that are based purely around moveset memorization when the game is still mechanically simple ''roll to win'' killed the series. AotA is shit. DaS2, 3 and BB are shit. Demon's Souls is a masterpiece

this but unironically

stop shilling this shit

How do real human being type this kind of stuff

Well, how technical and deep do you want me to go, because i can make a ton of leaps and bounds with this.
But the basic version is that the ASS and the Fallen Knight armor both come from a ruined sort of background, and the ashes mention a Paladin seeking the CotD. He may not be a paladin, but the Fallen Knight armor mentions a sect said knights were apart of.
ASS requires faith to use
Its just a bandit dagger
They were seeking the CotD, which became heavily bleed related. Honestly id say that the fallen knight shanked the his paladin buddy in the back.
Also you find the armor on the way to CotD, meaning the sect of knights were here for a reason. Possibly seeking the CotD. Thus, have a high chance of being Paladins.

>braindead nu-souls shits can't even provide an argument

Alright /dsg/ what am i up for?

I didn't want to hear about Demon Souls, I wanted his thoughts on DS3 just how he did with DS2.
Fucking let down of a video.

You're up for the possibly most fun area in DS1, also that fashion is terrible

did his video even provide an argument? Or was it 20minutes of spouting nonsense and masturbating to common opinions?

If it's your first run, absolute hell but also fun.
Hope you find that hidden bonfire

Are you this Nigga
Stop posting your shitty Videos

Forget about Matthematosis! Watch Plague play Dark Souls and listen to his lore & character analysis!

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9bL1LQGK0

>still can't get rid of his obsession with locking on
Also dude probably regrets going so hard against DS2 since it has a lot of the elements he complains about
>bosses that are more than just roll timing
>very heavy reliance on stats, iframes are even governed by a stat
>weapons that have knockdown properties, bigger difference between light and heavy attacks and how they stagger, weapons that don't combo their hitstun
>even lategame bosses can get parried, greatshields can tank almost everything
>world design that gives you a bunch of main paths that get progressively harder the further along them you are
>bosses rarely delay attacks to catch rolls
>invasions while hollow and the only way to stop them is offline (which has unique NPC invasions) or burning a limited consumable for only bonfire area.
>new PvP gimmicks and tricks with rat invasions forcing you into a somewhat unfamiliar area, giant seeds, blue cops

But instead he got hang up on "you will die over and over again" and never learned how to deal with multi enemy encounters, so now we have him praising DeS for doing things that DaS 2 did as well, while ignoring all of that and ranting about how shit 2 was.

stupid brainlet

Not him but I found it first playthrough then died to the fall damage, I was fucking mad

>died to the fall damage
I feel sorry but also man i am laffin

>he LITERALLY died to that greathammer drakekeeper in DaS2

how bad

Am I more likely to be summoned as darkmoon if I'm at anal rodeo? I seem to be getting summoned every few minutes as opposed to hours in between

>keeps dying in shrine of amana
>can't get past the last bunch of maidens/clerics at the end
please help me

How would an action game be mechanically hard exactly? Octodad Souls or what? Please give me an example of an action game with deep/mechanically complex combat that feels good in action.

It is ironic how the argument is that later installments feel too game-y when it's obvious this cunt has never fenced, never done any sword work, never sparred in martial arts once in his entire life, meaning he has no reference on which to base this claim.

>arenas ruined muh invasions and therefore the way this game is meant to be played
Kys if you believe that.

>grab a greatbow and just snipe the fucks
>stop locking on and gain situational awareness, you can literally walk out of the way of the soul arrows, no need to run or roll
platform, game version SM and just summon help

I JUDICATOR ARGO SHALL DELIVER THEE JUSTICE

Poison arrows?

devil may cry 3

hey guys i started playing a Solaire Cosplay character in Dark Souls (1). Its my first Faith character ever so i have two realy noobish questions and i hope you like to help me.

1. Because the character will get a full 50 Faith build to use the Spear of Sunlight in the end, is it a good idea to make a +15 Sunlight Straight Sword or is a +10 Divine Sunlight Straight Sword the better option?

2. I would love to use the "Sword of Sunlight" miracle for my build. Is it possible to use it with a Divine weapon? I guess not... correct?

I just got to the bonfire on the other end and I read this
apparently the real solution is not being retarded, which is most of what you said
thanks for the help anyway

>

I actually forgot about aldia, I'm sorry.

>A LIE WILL REMAIN A LIE

>Invading another world
>Error could not invade due to time out
Is it my internet or am I being matched up with Chinese?

>despite popular belief, this purple flame weapon with the same colour scheme as the sunset set is NOT in fact a mound maker covenant weapon

Does Dark Souls 3 possess any form of an actual final boss that gives some form of an emotionally satisfying fight? Or is it just another pointless fucking boss?

One thing DaS2 did right was to at least establish a villain.

>How would an action game be mechanically hard exactly?
What kind of fucking question is that, have you never played anything other than nu-souls shit? Ninja Gaiden? Devil May Cry? Bayonetta?

And of course you had to be a boring piece of shit who participates in arena duelfaggotry garbage, in a game series with some of the most unique and innovative PvP systems there is

Also take this ''kys'' shit back to your favourite meme site where it came from, you cancerous little fuck

>being this assmad
kys

>>arenas ruined muh invasions and therefore the way this game is meant to be played
>Kys if you believe that.
this is right though

>throne watcher and defender have good emotional build up
lol sure what ever you say user. At this point I'm surprised you're even playing souls 3

>One thing DaS2 did right was to at least establish a villain.
No, it didn't.

Gael is probably what you are looking for though. He plays the role they originally wanted Oscar from DaS1 to play.

He meant the boss after, retard.

>Ninja Gaiden? Devil May Cry? Bayonetta?
Those are all easy, and Bayonetta is all about timed rolls too.

>appears once
>plays the role of oscar
lmao

What is some good rings to pair with Friede's?
I got Chloranthy+3, FaP+3, Prisoner's.

In between Left eye (for HP) or Havels (HA)
Any help?

>>No, it didn't.
>DaS2 establishes that Kevin Nash drove poor Vendrick loonytunes
>In the final battle you can literally beat her to death with an effigy of herself that Vendrick made in his misplaced love and devotion

>appears and asks you to do his quest
>decides to try to complete it himself
>acts as your foil
>ends in battle with a bittersweet conclusion

mechanically and thematically yes
story wise no, both end bosses have basically no build up and are just dudes

You two jokers believe that memorizing inputs/key presses and mashing them at the speed required is 'mechanically hard' or in any way different than memorizing movesets and rolling as required? There's a reason why those games are called spectacle fighters, they're just made to look flashy. None of that SUGOI GORILLION HIT COMBO would look/feel good in a souls game and that's the main argument of that stupid video - the feeling was supposedly lost.

>unique and innovative PvP
Absolutely, I never argued otherwise. Sometimes I want to invade and be a part of the asymmetrical PvP, sometimes I want to have a one on one to practice the actual combat mechanics. The two are not mutually exclusive and one doesn't take away from the other.

>Also take this ''kys'' shit back to your favourite meme site where it came from, you cancerous little fuck
Take a look at that address bar on your browser and tell me which site exactly are you on right now.

No, sir, I think your very birth was a mistake.

What's a good Curved Sword I can use very early on?
I wanna make a dexfag, but I don't wanna use a Katana, and I don't want be stuck using raw weapons for half the game.

@180732726
How hard is it to google "dark souls curved swords"?
Fucking retard.

Pick merc for twinblades or buy scimitar from the shrine handmaiden.

Hand it over. That thing, your PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOOOOOOOUSE TONIGHT

>cant even reply properly
Good work champ, you sure showed him

>make faith mage
>it's shit
>make luck sorc
>it's shit

@180732975
>being THIS new
sure smells like summer in here
also, nice reddit spacing

>being this autistic

Why is one-handed small sword r1 spam so rewarding in pvp?
Any moveset/builds to counter this?

>faith mage
you mean pyro?

>luck sorc
luck is always shit as a combat stat

>Being this much out of arguments
Hahah

The best is normal+sunlight blade, which is what I assume you mean by "sword of sunlight". No, divine weapons cannot be buffed without a relatively tedious to perform glitch. Solaire doesn't use that miracle though, so if you want to have the best accuracy for the best results, use divine
FUCKING FOOLISHFAGS
GET THE FUCK OUT OF FILIANORE'S CHURCH
GWYN DAAAAMN

2H Ultra weapons
spear outpacing
FUCKING PARRYING

>Why is one-handed small sword r1 spam so rewarding in pvp?
Because they made straightsword hitboxes large and latency small and gave them 360 degree tracking, making them as OP as they were in DeS

>Any moveset/builds to counter this?
anything with poise or range

You can't listen to him and not think of the true hero of deep voices

youtube.com/watch?v=4Hg8_Jw7v2g

should I use dark pyromancy flame or just upgrade the normal pyromancy flame?
are they any different at all?

i've had more multiplayer interactions in 12 hours with scholar of the first sin than i have in 100+ hours of mostly emebered/member of a covenant play in dark souls 3

Because DS2 is on discount and it's more fun

Somebody speaking Japanese?
Got this PSN Mail

悪いことは言わないから回線見直して、どうぞ

Straight swords closely followed by their other 'one handed' counterparts are the best precisely because nothing can beat them consistently, especially not ultra weapons. Your average shitter might get caught in an ultra combo and get chunked for half his hit points, but a good player will just run circles and your only option is rolling attacks which are parryable. Spears/halberds are probably your best option, but you're still at a disadvantage.

/tv/ pls stay

where can I get summoned the most in DS2?

Reminder on why /tv/ leaves their shithole

Dark Pyromancy Flame's fire bonus scales off hollowing, and has higher base damage. So if you're fully hollow it usually always does more damage than the regular flame, ranging from 3%-20% extra spell depending on your int/fth and hollowing.

There's not enough seeds to upgrade both in one game unless you burn an ascetic at the giant's memory a few times. If you do that you can upgrade both.

also because there's hollow scaling, if you aren't fully hollow then dark pyromancy flame is awful

>google translate
>I will not say bad things, so please review the circuit, please

maybe something along the lines of "I'm trying to be polite, but check the map, retard?"

Did you actually try this ingame? Because I remember Dark Pyro Flame had higher base damage and better INT+FTH scaling and got more damage with every upgrade. Some anons have mentioned in the way older threads: Dark flame is literally better than normal flame even when you're human.

I'm sorry but you actually lost to Lucifer. As much of a faggot as he is sometimes, in this case he provided actual and legit arguments in .

Nashandra is kind of established as much of a villain as the Dark Souls series is capable of. The emerald meme specifically warns you that Nashandra is trying to take the throne and she's definitely presented as a villain.

Now, if your argument is that she's presented POORLY, you have some grounds for that, but she's definitely presented to you as the villain of the game.

Telling you for your own good, check your connection please.

Just started DS3 as deprived, not sure how I want to mold this guy, any builds I should avoid?

bellfry luna

iron keep bridge

black gulch

shrine of amana

fume knight

old iron king

magic is for niggers
don't be a nigger

Avoid a pure faith build. It's just trash, you fucking hit anything.

luck, luck is useless

>Dark flame is literally better than normal flame even when you're human.
This might be a pre-patch thing before hollow scaling weapons were changed or something.

Dark Flame has -270 scaling if you are human. If you are hollowed out, it is ALWAYS better than regular flame no matter what. If you are human, it is always worse. The difference between the two is only ever about 20% or less though so it's rarely worth upgrading and staying hollow to use unless you're dying a lot or doing a forlorn cosplay

Where exactly in Shrine of Amana? I'm in front DoS's fogdoor waiting for a host.
I want medallions, not help people get through that shitty but pretty area

Luck still gets a straight sword. Hardly useless compared to resistance.