What is unreliability according to you guys?

What is unreliability according to you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

edmunds.com/recalls/toyota.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when it has to go back to the dealership for more than just regular service

edmunds.com/recalls/toyota.html

/thread

When a component that isn't supposed to fail does so at an uncertain mileage, or much sooner than it should. Something like a sensor, or perhaps a catastrophic engine failure related to timing.

That smells more of poor design to me, rather than something being unreliable.

Unreliable = not starting, or stopping at inopportune moments.

Oh user, it's both. Shit engineering plus defective parts. Ask yourself, how the fuck does toyota, the most profitable car company in history, fuck up a valve spring?

Yeah, nice try though and good luck with the unplanned dealership visits and engines blowing up or failing on the side of the road though.

Meh ok, I guess one leads to the other.

Unreliability is getting anything other than a Kia Stingerâ„¢

@18074556
forced meme

For me it's 2 things:

Primarily, it's when shit goes wrong even though you're adhering to the regular maintenance schedule.

Secondly, it's excessive recommended maintenance that has to be performed more frequently than most other vehicles on the market.

leaving me stranded on the side of the road if the car hasn't been neglected
random electrical/drivetrain related parts breaking prematurely

Any, and I mean ANY GM vehicle with a 305 V8.
Gutless and unreliable.

The 2002-2006 gm trucks are very reliable

A VIN starting with the letter W

If it requires any medium to major repairs more than once every 30k miles over 100k.

If it requires any major repairs withing 40k miles.

If it requires more than 2 medium to major repairs within 100k miles.

If it requires small repairs more often than every 20k miles after 100k.

If it requires small repairs more often than every 40k miles below 100k.

cars that cant keep going when shit goes wrong

I hate it when I can't tell if the shillposting is ironic or not. Same shit happened with Wendys. How do I know if it's just a stupid meme or if it's being pushed by paid shills?

Also VIN starting with the number 3.

If it's blatant it's ironic. If it's non stop posting about the car masking it as questions or comparisons, it's a shill.

IE
Ironic
>Sponsored by the New Edge Mustang TM

Real shill
>Mazda is the only cool car company left, their line up is so much more sporty than everyone elses.

unreliability is when a car strands you or when you can trust it on a long drive, or when things fail sooner than it should or when the same thing fails multiple times, oil consumption, and subarus in general.

Those came with 4.8 or 5.3 vortec v8's.
Those are much better engines.

to me its when things stop working for reasons beyond user error.
for a car to be unreliable it would have to give me the suspicion that it would leave me stranded. whereas a reliable car i would have no doubt. its a trust thing.

>5.3 vortec v8's.

I'll take what is piston slap for $500 Alex.

>piston slap meme
360k later and still nothing

for me, its just a matter of: if something goes wrong, will it limp home?

don't give two fucks about little issues. I'll fix them. As long as i can trust the car will manage to take me home, it's reliable.

>(you know, because i can rely on it taking me home)

Shit breaking for no reason at all.

Do people even bother to look at these before buying a car?

>piston slap
That doesn't even harm the motor you fucking mongoloid. Its just the piston noise until the piston warms up to fill the clearance to the bore.
They're dead solid motors.

They regularly last 3 to 400k. And when you compare it against the 70's and 80's 305's, they're fucking lightyears better.

It really depends on the model. Just for example, Ford makes some really shit cars, like the Fiesta which drag down their average. On the other hand, the Taurus is fairly reliable, so it drags the average back up (slightly).

Dodge and Fiat are both just outright shit for every model, though.

look at what my good man, bullshit?

>expressing ones opinions means they're a shill
Jaysus chroist, go back to where ever you came from

>t. Chevrolet Impala owner

ah yes, the graph where "the windshield wiper blade became hard" carries the same value as "the flywheel came off"

>mfw chevy beat honda in reliability

The cost to fix something has no bearing on reliability by definition. Going by this logic literally the only reliable car would be 90's civic

>Oh user, it's both. Shit engineering plus defective parts
This. Hyundai and Kia manage to be fairly reliable whole having poor build quality. This results in a lot of inconsequential parts failing or not working as intended, but they remain road worthy.