Why does Veeky Forums hate the Z?

Why does Veeky Forums hate the Z?

We don't. It's a good car, just long in the tooth. It's not as good as it used to be in comparison to modern competition.

this

nissan needs a new Z

Price vs performance.

For the cost of a 370z you can get a 5 series or a Porche cayman or an Audi TTS.

Which makes it all a bit why?

all I want is a cheap lightweight FR coupe with an inline 6
basically an 86 with a non-shit engine
is that really so much to ask

Such a car is too good for this world.

The interior looks like its from the last century.
Also some claim it to be pigfat
Otherwise I dont see anything wrong with it

Good car, for me it was either a Z for performance or a 86 for fun.

I would like to see a refresh. It does what it does well though. Its a barebones sports car. Interior is meh, engine is pretty good for the size of the thing.

People shit on it all the time for stupid reasons (pigfat etc, its lighter than a 3 series), but at the end of the day its the only car available to purchase new that is still a V6 NA, RWD 2 seater coupe with LSD as stock.

Perhaps in burgerland it doesn't make as much sense price wise but even here in EU they are a very rare sight which is a massive shame.

ugly

I would like to see nissan put a sedan in the sport range that is smaller than an Altima but bigger than a Sentra with the same v6 rwd setup. I think this would be a fucking amazing move and btfo all the luxury brands and essentially win everyone over who is into rwd sedans but like at a reasonable price. Basically imagine a 307z sedan with all the suspension shit but stuffed into a sedan. Skyline peeps will go fucking crazy for that. Imagine a 30k rwd sports sedan from nissan in the time we are in. Mercedes/bmw/audi/w.e wll all be demolished.

Camaro

evora is a new v6 NA rwd 2 seat coupe with LSD and like ten times better, so you are fake news

Problem is it would never happen as it would tread on the Nissan owned Infiniti brand, so it would end up an Auto only offering like all other Infiniti's which would kill it for me. As a 350z owner it feels bad knowing Nissans only hope left is what they decide to do with the GTR :(

My bad, we dont get that here so it wasnt on the radar.

The Evora is 3x the price of the 370z, completely different target markets.

I will counter you. I honestly dont car about the auto/manual thing. I would love to see a rwd nissan sedan. Infiniti is more luxury oriented. If Nissan responded to the want for a like "skyline" esque car people would go fucking crazy. I honestly am looking for coupes/sedand and think I will go with bmw just because the rwd aspect. I know apples to oranges but im looking for a rwd car and sorry infinitis are great and all but a bit much for what it honestly is.

I see a few Z's in the UK every now and then
Subjective

and now? because it has a different target market it is not a "new that is still a V6 NA, RWD 2 seater coupe with LSD as stock."?
I could name more cars, but you are fake news anyways

Hurr durr fake news

also, camaro is not even a 2 seater

Basically to further elaborate nothing like leather standard or shit but like a properly done up rwd sedan with decent trims unless you want leather..manual/auto/all that other normal stuff they put in sedans. Basically nothing so niche you have to get something (cough cough civic si) Like just a rwd sedan addition to the line...same trim options just rwd...

hurr durr post on Veeky Forums because i knows the cars in ze world

Fuck off back to /pol/ crossboarder

List them senpai, lets see what you got.

You guys realize the next Z is going to have the GTR engine right? Or maybe some sort of detuned version that isn't hand built, but it will still be something that resembles the GTR engine.

go back to some board you have a minimum amount of knowledge of

car companies in general are shit and obsessed with their "plan" for their "brand image" so they don't make good cars anymore, user.

they make okay cars with meh powertrains so you want/shill for their $300k grand tourer sportscar abominations, which, of course, are beyond the financial means of 99% of the population and largely immune from criticism become of that, and help build their brand reputation

It's already had too many refreshes. It needs a redesign

how about you name one and i name one? we got the Z and the evora, i'll add the exige

I have to disagree to an extent. I would like to see the same sized car really but the performance stuff made newer. I would be afraid of a true redesign because its going to end up HUGE and stuffed with some 1.5 t with a fraction of the go factor but 10x more random shit

i'll also add the ginetta g60, but there are plenty

no Renault is just sucking the r&d money away from nissan to keep themselves alive

I don't. I like it. 50 and 70 both.

>putting audi anywhere in any list that has any performance cars
top kek
350z can be had around 6k.
It's cheaper than a nice aw11.

The original concept of the Z was a cheap fun 2 seat sports car for the masses. It shouldn’t be more than $25,000

Will Renault even allow Nissan to make a Z car successor that might compete with its renewed Alpine brand? Until I see it I'm skeptical it will even happen.

Ok so 2x niche cars from a low volume, high price manufacturer. And 1x kit car/race series entry from Ginetta. Do i need to specify main stream with a dealer network to cut off any potential odd ball UK only suggestions? The Lotus suggestions are great cars but I could never daily an Exige and the Evora is out of reach price wise new.

user you do know what inflation is right

1/2 series
E46
E36
E30

Nope
MUH BRAND
we can't compete with ourselves
affordable good cars would make our luxury sports tourers less popular

maybe you shouldn't phrase generalized claims which are utterly wrong?

You mean the one alpine they have on the market? The one that will likely cost more than a good fucking bmw by car standards....and likely cost more than that to keep it on the road. Cool french cars like that are literally made to take themselves off the road. Expect high levels of defects and engines that will vomit all over the place untill puttering and dying on the side of the road without major dealerships around to even help.

Because you could buy a pristine C6 corvette instead and have a better car in every way?

>E46
boring, obvious
>E36
boring, obvious
>E30
boring, obvious

Two different demographics of buyers user. Everything is in its place. They both are completely different cars. Corvettes attract different buyers than z cars do...thats fact

Why would I want a Corvette when I can get a Z? Are Corvettes even available in the UK?

this.
I have 0 interest in a corvette, I hate them but I'd love a z.
Give me a mint showroom stingray corvette and I'll burn it, put it on youtube and use the money from views to buy a z car.

The claims aren't "utterly wrong" though. You've only given 1 other viable alternative, the Evora at 3x the price. So to please you, If i change the "Only car available" to "the only car available at this price range" its correct?

What if I want weeb cred instead of boomer cred?

Why do you hate the Corvette? It weighs less, handles better, makes more power, and has a much better engine/transmission. It also has more interior space.

Then put initial D stickers and a red tow hook on it

I don't have any real reason besides not liking American cars

So instead you want a Renault Z? You're a lost cause user

There isn't really a way to make a Corvette look like boyracer/weebshit unless you go full rice or itasha.

I'm not allowed to have a certain taste in cars? Corvettes just don't appeal to me.

The 370z doesn't really live up to the Z name like the 350z did.
It's too expensive. (Yes, that's my main argument, as the Z line has always been inexpensive sports cars)

370Z is smaller, lighter, more powerful, and better looking than the 350Z. If the 370 isn't a proper Z car, the 350 isn't either.

What does it have to live up to? The two cars before it?
What did the 350Z have to live up to? The 1 car before it? How do you live up to 1 car? You don't

user, Z cars have been a thing since 1969.
There are 8 of them (I think)

I don't hate it, in fact I like the Nismo even though it's too fucking expensive. I'm frustrated with Nissan for not having already released a successor. Fuck, even just saying something about one would be nice.

The 370z is turning 10 next year, and on top of that they announced the thing was coming way back in 2006. When the 350Z was only 4 years old.

They have but saying the 370Z didn't live up to previous Z's is like saying the R34 didn't live up to the R30. You can't compare the cars

D-dont bully the 350!
t. 350z owner.

>For the cost of a 370z you can get a 5 series or a Porche cayman or an Audi TTS.
>comparing new car prices for the 370z to used car prices for everything else

There are used zs out there, you know.

Pretty sure that's not a true two seater.

Because the Kia Stinger™ is the superior choice.

Two more months until we can see these beauties in person !

It's a billion years old and wasn't great when it was new

>4000lbs
>5 Seat Sedan
>Autostick
>Turbo vs Naturally Aspirated

Put the drugs down.

>comparing a coupe to a sedan

ha ha u dum the evora has a supercharger

128i. not the 135i the 128i.

or the cheaper 328i. but you gain like 300 pounds

Thats because the R34 outdid the R30 and its successors in every way. The last good Z car was the 300zx and even that was a dissapoinment of sorts

The R34 outdid the R30 in the same way a Ford Focus outdid the model T. Completely different generation of cars and different times

>that poor analogy
And despite that, the 350z doesn’t outdo the ZX in any significant way. Its a heavy piece of shit with a weak engine. Accept the reality or don’t

I know it's a shit analogy I just can't think of any other similar examples off the top of my head

I hate to feed the shills, but I really hope that the Stinger is a huge success. It will maybe wake up other car companies like nissan that an inexpensive sports sedan is desirable.

>slow
>shit engine
>heavy
>ugly

>$50,000

>50k
No, it costs 30k. Still too much, but don't lie.

>heavy

Kys

>waahh fuck fun economy cars

It's over 3000 lbs retard

you said that all you wanted was a cheap lightweight fr coupe with an i6, so he listed cars like that and now they have to be flashy and not obvious? You're actually retarded

Lexus says hi. They own the jap sports sedan scene. They really don’t get enough credit.

Original MSRP of Datsun 240Z in 1970
3500 USD
Inflation calculated for today
22,853 USD

Z cars have only ever gotten more expensive as time went on, even after inflation adjusted

No you are allowed to; that's why you're posting here in the first place
Its just that your taste is garbage and unfixable

Track a 350z and 280zx and tell me who wins retard

>tfw a 300zx outweighs a 350z

I quite like mine. It's much sportier than I thought it'd be.

How sporty did you think a fucking fixed-roof roadster would be?

>Nissan still hasn't brought back the Silvia

Fuck you Nissan

>350 lighter than the 300
>370 lighter than the 350
And here I thought Nissan wasn't doing anything right

>Silvias and S-chassis dead
>Skylines/Q50/Q60 no longer come in manual
>GTR is divorced from the Skyline name
>the existence of the Juke NISMO and Sentra NISMO are bad jokes
>Z car is basically a decade old and still the same price
>GTR is basically a decade old and has gotten more expensive
>pretty much every mid 2000s Nissan car sucked and looked awful
I sure do love Renault

I thought it would feel like a base model but it doesn't. It feels like a proper sports car

>analog gauges with tach in center
>proper manual hand brake
>simple physical controls for everything
>basic info screen not made to distract you
>decent interior storage
>hydraulic steering rack
What's the problem? It's the most old school driving experience you can get from a high-volume manufacturer

cost cutting to make money, also something about mexican-american marketing

wish there was a "weight reduction kit" for these cars that drop the weight down to 2900lbs

You would be surprised what people can do. I see some interesting things at my college

>Bright pink muhstang with giant wing
>C7 with galaxy body wrap who almost hit me because lol motorcycle
>More horrendously riced out mustangs
>Corvettes with giant wheels and wings
>86s that are so slammed they scrape on the ground

College kids are retarded. On the plus side, they're usually down to race which is fun

the twins have those things minus the hydraulic steering rack. I managed to fit the box for a predator x34 computer monitor in the backseat of my brz. but I guess people will go hurr power so gg for me