Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYCuE3LbFBQ
twitter.com/noodalls/status/871285566389731332
shoryuken.com/2017/06/02/tekken-7s-input-delay-has-been-tested-heres-how-it-compares-to-other-games-and-its-predecessors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tekken is pretty good

pantyhose

You have TEN (10) seconds to explain why you aren't playing based Vampire Savior RIGHT NOW!

never heard of it

i love sfv

Hi guys, new Sim player here. I have trouble keeping out Giefs full screen. Is there a certain normal I should use to do so?

Those are also like the only sales from the bigger name games.

The other jew devs need to step it up.

Because you keep reposting this.

Just mash HK or cr.HP

FUCK STREET FIGHTER 5

IT RUINED THIS GENERAL
IT RUINED THE FGC
IT RUINED ESPORTS
IT RUINED MARVEL
IT RUINED EVERYTHING

creepy cool shit characters?

>get a 5 bar match
>accept
>win the 1st match easily with no problems
>getting ready for the 2nd match
>3 bars on the rematch screen
>tfw i will never know if i won fairly or the lag was all on his side the whole march
Oh jive...

forget about it and play tekken

>kappa
>playing games
LOL he could be playing other fighting games yet here he is, complaining about sfv.

>Play SSB
>Friends complain I spam with Samus and Villager
>They say that I play like a faggot and have no skill

Who is in the wrong here?

See me in 2 hours you dumb asshole

True but I mean there is no good response. "Disney are literally ruining the game so it can better advertise the movies and thus the marvel side doesn't give a shit/actively sabotages the game"

I just feel bad for him honestly. Not like he doesn't know it's bullshit. Especially since there was literally just a really well received wolverine movie.

Not until it gets fixed

Sure, my cfn is DougYanceyFunnie

>Get a gamestop gift card for my birthday
>Already have SFV, T7, and GGRev2

Which should I get today, Injustice2 or KoFXIV

what's broken for you?

>trying to figure out punishers for a character without a guide
yeah nah, it really helps to know that a launcher is either 16 or 18 on startup and a move I try to punish against might also not be entirely accurate on frame data X-DD

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa is there any good up to date master raven guide out there

What he couldve said is "for the players who miss the playstyles of characters that didnt make it in we have those" rather than babbling about functions.

He is in a shit spot though.

Play katarina.

SFV costumes

didn't
ruin
my
game

playblue

youtube.com/watch?v=EYCuE3LbFBQ

Matchmaking and input lag
That the only reason why i havent bought it already

I don't own it

You for posting it here, Smash isn't a fighting game

Do PCfags play SFV with vsync off?

>Input lag

I love how SFV gave yet another reason for shitters to hide behind

Yeah. I mean he's right as far as it goes. The function thing is essentially true. It's just a stark way of putting it that doesn't address the fact that people actually like the characters.

Disney really needs its ass kicked over this though. They do this kinda nonsense constantly. They're scaling back x-men comics because of the lack of movie rights, etc. They literally don't give a shit and fans need to pressure them. The problem is that fans shout at Marvel. And that's what Disney wants, because Marvel can take the blame, wring its hands and say placating lies, then release a movie and Disney rakes in the cash.

Don't get me wrong, fuck Marvel for their SJW agenda pushing in the last couple years. I'm not a big Marvel fan lately. But still, I can see where this is very obviously coming from.

I think they fixed the matchmaking on PS4 already and it was never an issue on PC. And I don't feel any input lag on PC. Never tried the PS4 version so I can't comment on that.

Reminder that when evaluating if a game is good or bad all that really matters is if the characters faces look good.
And if you don't agree with this and instead consider silly things like game mechanics and stuff to be important then you are an obvious shill for disagreeing with the obvious truth of my enlightened mind.

matchmaking is fine and input lag is like 6f you diaper

>I don't feel any input lag on PC.
eat shit

No. I don't care for cosmetics enough to use real world dollars™ for that

I forgot to mention I also already own BBCF. I really like fighting games.

Thank you very much!

If a 60€ doesnt have the same value as 60€ shouldnt it be cheaper?

Why can't we get new succesful fighting games?
Every game at EVO is a sequel, most of them being from series that are decades ikd

You think its worth grabbing the latest blazblue?
Are they releasing any more additions to the series or is it "done" now?

Wouldn't want to buy it and then theres no cheap upgrade option. *cough* *cough* Guilty Gear Xrd.

Is the game active still? Any characters worth trying out, or do I just stick to Taokaka and Arakune?

built-in fanbase

BB is officially done.

>*action*
Not in my general, please.

You can find plenty of people to play with yeah. And it's apparently the last version so it should be the standard for a few years until the series gets rebooted in a few years. There's only 3 really unplayably bad characters. Tao and Arakune are fine.

It's 6.3f WITH vsync and vsync adds 3.3f in SFV so I assume it'll add about the same in T7
If you think 3f input lag on PC is too much you're beyond help.

You could, you know, play non-capcom games.

>Want a game that won't get new updates
>Want a game that's still active

It's one or the other kid, you don't get both

Do the console versions have vsync?

I'm not sure how consoles work to be honest

were the blazblue games actual sequels to blazblue or were they just updates to the first game? 7 years worth of incrimental change to the same game seems like a lot.

It's supposedely the last iteration, they said they can patch it but are not making other versions.
There are 7 new characters, seems you like scummy shit so maybe you should try izanami.

did you pull those numbers out of your ass

There's been a lot of big system changes between games.

which is the most cost effective ggxrd rev 2 bundle to get on steam?

is it the Revelator Deluxe or the "All in one DLC characters + Rev 2" ?

6f + 1~4f depending on connection. 10f of lag total feels terrible.

twitter.com/noodalls/status/871285566389731332 no idea why he only tested with vsync on

the input lag numbers I got from pic related but I used the offline values, the online ones are a bit higher so that would put t7's online input lag at around 4.5f. I assume vsync functions similarly in the two games because they're both UE4.

> there's only 3 unplayably bad characters

who dat

I heard that many of the issues with all this shit come from marvel too.
Not like it matters, its all the same right now.

Yes, the $45 one. People have complained on the forums but not sure how much anything gets read there. It's a fairly large turn off to try getting people into the game but they don't know what to buy and the deluxe versions are misleading.

>Inout lag shitters again

You wouldnt take a single round of JDCR if he was playing with 20 frames of lag and you with 0

Reminder tekken 7 has the most input lag out of any fighting game ever made

shoryuken.com/2017/06/02/tekken-7s-input-delay-has-been-tested-heres-how-it-compares-to-other-games-and-its-predecessors/

>online
>ping 1ms
what

Kagura, Noel and maybe Susanoo?

anyone for some jive?

Mechanics changed in every game, and I don't mean just adding new ones, some were removed, some were modified. Characters also changed a lot with new moves and stuff. They really were changing the game completely, it's actually what turned me off the series personally as I kept having to relearn my character since so much stuff changed.

So basically rev2 is not on sale?

Good to know, I can hold off buying it for another month.

Why does the god of BB suck?

Not him but I'd say bullet noel and kagura.
Also in bb the shit tier can compete against mid and a lot of the high tiers but against top characters it is a real struggle.
I don't see how bullet fights rachel for example, rachel seems like she can pretty much do anything she wants in the matchup.

Play Arcana Dyke 3 Sniff Max!!!!!

>tfw i left my chinger-changur nigger dagger at home

Rev 2 is considered DLC to Rev on steam. You cannot purchase it standalone, you must have Rev1.
Rev1 is on sale during the summer sale.
Therefore, Rev2 is on sale if you don't already own Rev1.

I figured this out after a cursory steam search. Surely you could've figured out the same.

Why is everybody on here that isn't guzzling the capcum so quick to be called out as an r/kappa drone

Also is Rev2 going to get additional characters in the future

Rev2 isn't even a month old why the fuck would it be on sale
PC players are so stingy

the mizuumi wiki's training mode mod doesnt work
cant play any games i cant trainingboar in until i know my bnbs/oki

Play Kazumi

>when you find it in your back pocket

yea but even JDCR has stated he dislikes the lag in t7. a game should feel as responsive as humanly possible. i dont get this excuse about making 'offline and online feel similar'

what's the point of that? barring any insurmountable tech hurdles the input lag should be as low as developers can get it without comprising the integrity of the game.

Yes, but it would also be extremely hypocritical to shit on sfv for the same thing for months and give tekken a pass

Susan has some gorilla normals and big damage and can kill you quickly if he gets the ball rolling and unlocks specials, the problem is it can be hard to start the momentum in some matchups and if he doesn't he doesn't get his tools.

>is Rev2 going to get additional characters in the future
Doubt it because in all previous ArcSys games the DLC characters already had placeholder data for them in the game and there's nothing for another character in Rev2

Is that rhetorical or are you asking what makes him a bad character?

>fgc tournament attendance and viewer numbers are down across the board
the fgc
is
DEAD

thanks for the knowledge friend

it's okay when literally anyone but capcom does it

But it's not cheaper to buy that because the cheapest Rev doesn't come with Kum, Dizzy, and Raven. The bundle is cheaper and has all the characters while you end up spending 53.18 if you buy the "sale" Rev+DLC characters and 53.75 if you buy the cheapest and then the characters/upgrade piecemeal.

I do...

Rather play the succ.

It's more expensive to buy Revelator on sale than it is to buy the bundle which is still at normal price.

Rev 2 isn't on sale so if you buy the discounted Rev 1 + Rev 2 + Dlc Characters it is still more than the Rev 1 + 2 + DLC characters bundle which isn't on sale.

What I wanted to know simply is which version do I need to purchase that gets me all the characters and is most cost effective. Like the other poster pointed out, the non-discounted All in One is still a better deal than any of the discounts.

nah just sfv :^)

Pretty much. A ton of characters just won't let him get started at all, and he has nothing at his disposal if he doesn't.

At round start, he's arguably the worst character in the game. But even IF he "gets started" and builds meter + unlocks specials, he's not all that amazing. He doesn't go from shit to godlike, he goes from shit to pretty good, while some characters are godlike in the first place. He doesn't have the tools to get the ball rolling, and it's not a big enough ball even if it does get rolling.

tekken is up

Xrd Sign was more balanced on release than BB's ever been in 7 years, that's pretty sad.

ok what what tier is this titty beast then

Scrub-Killer tier.