/hg/ - Halo General

Somehow, some way, we are still here Edition

- - - NEWS - - -
Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare expansion announced for Fall this year
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare

The Complete Oral History of Halo waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

Installation 01 Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be/RfE9Q3I3Q_g

- - - Thread References - - -
Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/flood-of-emotion

Discord
discord.gg/DEN5Tv7

Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

Previous thread

First for fuck blue team

ALRIGHT
EVERYONE IN THIS PICTURE
POST YOUR GT, HELMET, ARMOR, AND VISOR COLOR
I NEED IT

I FORGOT TO MENTION
And your Spartan's sex too.

I don't evsn think it's a bad idea, but I do think we should finaloze them before doing so

I just want them for reference. I don't expect drastic changes to the roster, and any changes made to it can be easily updated in my reference doc once the teams are finalized.

I'll post it once I get home

Also, to be clear, you do NOT need to send a screenshot. Just list them. I have all the armor you can unlock from REQ packs and classic helmets.

If you wear Achilles or HCS shit, I will need an alternate armor config or a screenshot with a greenscreen in the back since I don't have either.

fish
stalker
venerator
legendary
male

Added to the doc

We need a ball park estimation of who the 5 best players here are just so we can make sure more than 3 of them are not on the same team.

Sigmund
Gungnir
Gungnir
What's a visor?
Male

Chaosdroid 2
Pilot
Centurion
Legendary
Male
Someone come fix my internet. I'm going fucking crazy here!

Both added.

I swear to god if my name is spelled wrong again, there will be so many webms.

>implying I'll shove 28 GTs into a poster

Why don't tou tell us how to spell your name, bitch.

Already did. And people still manage to get it wrong.

>he doesn't even tell us who he is
Enjoy not being included

Post GT fag

wizards

Mark 4 helm mark 4 body
Dynasty visor
Chief green primary(sage?) With the darkest blue secondary

Is your Spartan female?

When is this blue red team thing happening?

Grim
Reach Recon
Hunter
Daybreak
Male

I don't know. I switch it constantly. But in that picture it is

Do you want it to be male or female in the poster?

Added
Current progress: 6/28

Reminder that we still need an answer to this.

Lets go with male I guess

Noted.

Blue team seems to think that Muffin, Dew, and Droid are their best players, so just take one of them. I guess Muffin since he has already been mentioned.

>grim
>blue
Wanna reword that?

user, can you read?

The one on blue team only mentions muffin. The one on red team is the one making the claim you said blue team made.

>imying that's what he or the pic is saying
Blue Team confirmed for illiterate

The one on blue team admits "this feels stacked"
Please at least try to follow along if you're going to converse.

>haha tough luck pally, your mythic boss kill shot was given to the wetback on the other team, shame about those reqs tho!

And the claim made is "Blue team seems to think that Muffin, Dew, and Droid are their best players". So where's the part where blue team says those names other than muffin?

>chaos Drpid initiates the conversation "do you ever look at a team and just know which one is going to win?"
Keep in mind he says this BEFORE he even finds out what team Muffin is on, indicating that he thinks it's stacked in blue team's favor with pr without him
>Muffin then correctly assumes he is addressing blue team
So at most, all you can argue is that there is a bi-partison consensus from both teams that blue team is stacked, but it doesn't change the fact that Droid is admitting this
>Droid then learns that blue team also got Muffin, at which point he states "man this feels stacked"

I seriously can't believe I have to spell this shit out for you. Nobody ever indicated that blue team has Muffin. You'd have to be pretty retarded to interpret that from the picture.

The initial claim is made by a blue team member
Holy shit user do you even have a GED?

>Nobody ever indicated that blue team has Muffin.
Grim*, not muffin

Just switch Muffin to red. Droid clearly seemed to think it was stacked in his team's favor before he even knew where muffin was, so there's nothing to complain about.

The intial claim is that "Blue team seems to think that Muffin, Dew, and Droid are their best players." Nowhere does Muh say which members were the best, just that it was stacked. The only one to say names was Grim.

>The intial claim is that "Blue team seems to think that Muffin, Dew, and Droid are their best players"
If you don't take Droid's non-response and move to then asking who got Muffin (where he then restates his initial claim that he thinks blue team is stacked) as evidence of this, then I don't know what to tell you.
Instead I'll just ask you this: who do YOU think are the best players, overall, out of everyone listed. Give me 4 or 5 names.

>as evidence of this, then I don't know what to tell you.
Well since the claim is about specifically who the best players are and only muffin is mentioned by blue team, I think you don't have anything to say because you can't back up your claim.

user, who do YOU think are the best players?

I don't give a shit who the best players are. I just call people out for lying about evidence they posted.

If your argument is that Grim supplies the initial naming of certain players, then sure. But that is not what is being discussed. Any reasonable person without a bias would determine Droid's response, which again, ends in conclusion that blue team is stacked, would identify that as an affirmation of what Droid said.

If Droid wants to post in the discord or speak on party chat specifically stating "no that's not what I meant" so that we can then ask him to clarify how he thinks in particular blue team is stacked, because we know based on the pic that he does, then that's one thing, but without that, the common sense determination is to assume Droid agrees with grim.

If your argument is that Grim supplies the initial naming of certain players, then sure. But that is not what is being discussed. Any reasonable person without a bias would determine Droid's response, which again, ends in conclusion that blue team is stacked, would identify that as an affirmation of what Grim said.

If Droid wants to post in the discord or speak on party chat specifically stating "no that's not what I meant" so that we can then ask him to clarify how he thinks in particular blue team is stacked, because we know based on the pic that he does, then that's one thing, but without that, the common sense determination is to assume Droid agrees with grim.

This. I'm not even on one of the team's and it's pretty obvious that's what is going on here

>would identify that as an affirmation of what Grim said.
This is all moot because the claim was made before the list was proposed. Your entire argument relies on making Droid's list for him and asserting that he believes in it. Until then, you have nothing except that he thinks Muffin is OP.

I have to agree I too would interpret the response that way.

Safari Russell
Intruder
Indomitable
Legendary
Male

>This is all moot because the claim was made before the list was proposed.
That's FALSE nigger.
There was an earlier partial list out 2 days ago that has been continuously updated all weekend.
You just put yourself in checkmate.

Aaaaaaaand you just lost the argument.
The list was out days ago. It's only been expanded since.
Cheers.

>now moving "the list" from being what was stated earlier in the thread of who is the best to now being red's overall list of every single player
Jesus christ, dude.

Well what list do you think they were talking about yesterday?
I'm going to guess it was the one that actually existed at that time.

Holy shit dude just stop talking any time.

We're talking about That's all we've been talking about the entire time.

Here is the follow up to that conversation, where Droid states a THIRD time how stacked in blue team's favor the teams are, in his opinion.

I think the conversation has gotten off topic. What we need to do is what that person earlier identified: figure out who the best 4 or 5 players are overall and make sure they're not almost all on one team. We know Sweaty and Dew are heavy hitters and they are on opposing teams. The question then becomes who are the next 3 best players.

>I think the conversation has gotten off topic.
Of course it has. The topic was "who does blue team think are their best players" and people started screeching that blue team doesn't need to give a list of who are their best, just some guy from red team.
Once again, the only one listed by a member of blue team for being one of their best is Muffin.

Except that chaos droid seemed to think that blue was alrrady stacked before he found out where muffin was.
I think the easiest way to solve this is to just put muffin on red

>Except that chaos droid seemed to think that blue was alrrady stacked before he found out where muffin was.
And that's irrelevant to the question. You should be asking "who does he think makes it unbalanced" instead of saying "well Grim gave a list and Droid didn't start screaming 'no'."

why are teams being picked?
and is there still time for people to join teams?

I just send Droid a message asking him to clear up what he said. I didn't want to have to put him on the spot but it's become such a topic of debate that for the thread's sake, I'd like to just get past it.
It would be REALLY easy if blue team members just came out and said why they think the team is "stacked" in their favor, although now that it's a topic of debate they're suspiciously silent on the subject. I'm not making any judgements, I just want this to be done with so we can start playing.

If nobody speaks up about why they think either team is that much better, I'll be forced to take matters into my own hands. I stated before that the teams are not final and I meant that.

You're either a trial attorney demonstrating the value of pedantry, or autistic as fuck demonstrating the lack thereof. Droid suggests the teams are stacked. Grim says that muffin is on blue team. Droid confirms that the teams are stacked.

Next time we'll either get it clearly delineated in Section 2 subsection C of "The nature and magnitude with which I am up my own ass" or logged in your fucking Rain Man notebook, just for your benefit.

Red is making a popularity contest where people he knows take precedence over people who play Halo.

>Droid suggests the teams are stacked. Grim says that muffin is on blue team. Droid confirms that the teams are stacked.
Yep, and none of this backs up your claim, which was that "Dew, Droid, and Muffin are the best as chosen by blue team." It's right there, clear as day.

>this autismus

You've been saying the same thing for the last half hour now and yet you expect us to believe tjat you "don't care about who the best players are".
So either you're telling the truth and you're incredibly autistic about something that doesn't concern you in the slightest, or you do in fact care quite a bit and have been trying to mislead people this whole time.

>Red is making a popularity contest where people he knows take precedence over people who play Halo.
I didn't realize I had left out anyone that prominent. Sorry. List them and I'll get to adding them.

He's not misleading anyone. He's just digging his own grave.

The argument has nothing to do with that. You keep trying to shift the goalposts when, even since my first post, I've been right that blue team never said who their best players were.
You can try to deflect to a list from threads ago that has nothing to do with the argument, you can make up arguments for other people and state that they're true, but it will never change that you were wrong.

>/hg/ saved again by autism

>The argument has nothing to do with that. You keep trying to shift the goalposts when, even since my first post, I've been right that blue team never said who their best players were.
Actually they did say that Dew and Muffin were among the best.

And who is they? Because it's not relevant to the posts I replied to.

It seems pretty obvious to me that droid agrees with what grim was saying.
Obviously you disagree. Cool. We will just have to see what Droid says to Red.

K

This. All that matters is who the best players are so we can make sure it's not too one sided at the very top.

xBackup Beastx

I wanna join whatever this shitfest is!

>backup wasn't already suggested
>let alone as being one of the better players
Fucking disrespectful desu

>backup wasn't already suggested
Yeah, it's weird.
>let alone as being one of the better players
Okay, no.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Bias, you little bitch? I’ll have you know he graduated top of his class in the buff school for sexy hunks, and he's been involved in numerous high profile photo shoots, and he has over 300 confirmed stalkers. He's trained in lust warfare and he's the top sexiest in the entire top 100 worlds hotstuff list. You are nothing to him but just another stalker. He will give you a half chub with speed the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to bias over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my Bias Appreciation Echelon of admirers across Veeky Forums and your shit taste is being traced right now so you better prepare to be sent an issue of Bias Best Bod Shots Weekly. The issue that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your taste. You’re fucking getting educated and aroused, kid. He can give you an erection anywhere, anytime, and he can arouse you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only is extensively trained in BDSM techniques, but he has access to the entire sex toy stockpile of LoveHoney and he will use it to its full extent to make your cock ejaculate enough to sink the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what sexy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re going to lust for his cock, you goddamn idiot. He will make you ejaculate all over yourself and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Whether you agree with backup being objectively good or not, I can safely tell you he's better than more than half of the shitters already put forward.

He's better than Sigmund, who is better than like half of red team.

Wait we can nominate people
I nominate LoneWhiteRabbit.

I A Mc Lovin177
Nightfall
Nightfall
Torchbearer

>All this talk of unbalanced teams
>Not knowing Kai has Rabbit in his back pocket
>Will bring him back and Red Team will wipe the fucking floor with Blue Team
I can't wait

>best player in hg is a furry
heh

Tabris is dead though
He's jack wild dog now

Here is what I am going to do. Right now the only switch I'm going to make is to move Cookie to Blue Team. Red Team will also be picking up Backup. I have already informed Cookie of this decision. I am then going to move ahead to planning the 1st session of play. As it becomes more clear who is going to be available, I will decide whether or not to invite my friend, Orkus, who has played with us when I've hosted before.
I've also seen Muffin's name dropped a lot here. As of now, he is still with Blue Team with the one caviot that he may be switched over at the last minute to Red if things look a little too one sided. Pizza will also be staying on Red Team for now.

With that said, we are going to start looking at Tuesday Night for when to do this. Let's say 6PM eastern time. That's 11 at night for Britbros and 3 PM for left coasters.

That seems fair.
I'll have to see if I can make Tuesday though.

Added. That makes 8/??
I leave those marks at the end since idk if anyone will be added

Forgot name. Also, if you don't list a sex, I will default you to male.

So whats the deal with leavers in Halo 5 matchmaking? Seems like every other game within about a minute of starting one of the two teams is missing a player. Kinda lets the air outta the tires IMO

Because the rewards are so small that, if ANYTHING starts going south, it's more profitable to leave.

So in terms of ranking up, is it better for me to just quit out of a lost cause? Or would I lose more points leaving than I would playing out the loss?

You really shouldn't play ranked at all.