What is more important in a supercar, art or engineering?

Pagani or Koenigsegg? Ferrari or McLaren?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3KPYIaks1UY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But engineering IS art

This. That said,
>Pagani
>McLaren

Ford

Builders of cars without art or engineering.

and yet BTFO ferrari at lemans

Bedford or Rascal?

With a prototype and retouched rules specifically written to advantage their cars

Horacio Pagani is boss as fuck.

fastness

The rear of that car is straight yucko

No, engineering is science.

Stop liking Pagani

LMAO, non engineer detected. the science and math is just there to keep you from getting sued and/or to optimize a concept you know already works.

It's literally all done by gut instinct, there's only science involved to prove that a design was sound in the event of legal issues like said

Stop liking Koenigsegg

>rascal
These mobility scooters are getting fucking ridiculous.

I can't speak for supercars, but I think in daily drivers I'd rather drive a porsche than a toyota.

Guess which one most people ACTUALLY drive though.

Start liking Koenigsegg.

As nebulous as the definition is, art is far more important. Technology is always advancing and soon or later it becomes outdated by the latest thing. All the great sportscars are remembered not just because they were fast or had the newest tech, but because they were beautiful or they drove really well or they were iconic for some other reason. Take the McLaren F1: Probably the most revered supercar of the last 50 years, but it's obsolete by modern standards.

Furthermore on that point is that a lot of high performance sportscars usually end up being forgotten or get very little acknowledgement or press at all. Boutique sportscars like the Saleen S7 or Mosler MT900 and track-day specials like the offerings from Caterham and Radical are simply Flavor-of-the-Month deals since they never accomplish a whole lot or do anything that makes them stand out from the rest of pack.

Another factor to consider is that most people have not driven a true exotic supercar. This leaves most people's impression of a car to be totally based on visual aesthetics (and maybe sometimes sound). The Lamborghini Countach is likely the most notable example of poster-bait that is actually pretty shit to drive. However, because it looked like nothing else at the time, it was the Italian dream car for a generation of car enthusiasts. This fact speaks for the power of style and showmanship over actual engineering.

Applied science.

Stop liking Pagani.

It's far too brutal to be an art piece, but anyone who has driven one will tell you it handles better and communicates better than any other supercar you can buy. I doubt anyone has engineered a more advanced suspension setup.

no u

>Mosler MT900
A real shame this car never got press. You'd think a car company that has a history of getting banned in every racing series for being too dominant would be able to market their cars. If someone made a 2000lbs supercar today, people would go nuts over it.

Pagani doesn't even have to bother with his own technology and can just concentrate on making art while the cars are still faster than Koenigseggs around the track.

Ferrari because the new McLarens are just fucking boring as shit. All look the same with same engines and interiors are bland as heck.

youtu.be/3KPYIaks1UY
Until somebody decides to integrate this into their design

There's already a ton of cars with comparable capabilities.

I said STOP

>tfw Koenigsegg didn't buy and fix SAAB

art.

very few of those cars have lap times that justify their cost.

Pagani over everything else. It's the only one proper no bs super car nowdays. Everyone else resell same cars as different models with few cosmetic changes. Pagani has so far produced two models, and they're both state of the art.