Do i have shitty taste?

I've been thinking, when i get a car, i might get an old car, not 80's, much older. my appreciation for vintage automobiles has a lot to do with the masses of vehicular public shows that took place around the area i lived in as a child, i always had an appreciation for the cars that started the era of "domestic" vehicles, when the average person would buy one, instead of the rich. Cars like the Ford Model Y and Austin 7 (in pic) have always caught my eye, speed is definitely not a concern, and i feel that older cars have alot less in them that would go wrong, modern cars today have interiors made of plastic and cheap materials due to mass production, but these vehicles have strong wood and metal in their interiors, and with a lack of electric parts, a lot less could go wrong. What do you think, am i stupid pining after cars just because of their simplicity and basic looks?

Yes you have incredibly stupid taste. Those vehicles are incredibly hard to maintain and upkeep, even if you do have the money to do it.

Get another car and never post with that stupid name ever again

Old vehicles require a lot more maintenance than modern cars if you want to daily drive them.

You don't have shit taste. However, it will be tiresome to maintain it as a daily driver.

You don't have bad taste but it's a horrible choice for a daily. They're slow, constantly need tinkering, risk of damaging 100 year old car. Only get one as a weekend car.

Also, you are grossly overestimating an old car's reliability. Old engines still have thousands and thousands of parts. Back then, they were rarely used, the concept of a daily drive didn't come up until the 40s.

There are all kinds of road regulations you'll have to meet. Things like engine power displacement, safety standards etc. Therefore be wary when buying, some sellers sell read to drive cars, others sell the cars as if they were museum pieces.
However, don't let internet armchair drivers ruin your dreams. It's always worth it to pursuit something you find interesting, no matter how impractical that may be.

Just shut the fuck up. YOu obviously don't know what you're talking about; i did all the necessary research (so far, my favourite is the model T) and NEWS FLASH, they were daily driven when they were brand new. nothing stopping them from doing it now.

fuck yourselves, faggits.

*ready to drive

I'm pretty sure this is bait but i'll bite.
Lets say you buy a T, lets assume its a 1927 the last year they made them. That is a 90 year old car and its max top speed was about 42mph so no freeway for you. You are going to have to keep an eye on the transmission because the leather bands that engage the gears (only 2) are going to wear down and leather pieces will start to build up in your trans oil. You also cant go up hills because the fuel is gravity fed from the tank to the carb.

you don't have shit taste, op. that's a really interesting section of automotive history, truly.
you're just massively misinformed. these cars were driven (possibly daily, depending on the person) when the roads were different, the rules of the road were different, and comforts weren't exactly a priority. even driving something a bit more recent, let's say the 60's, isn't ideal. it's definitely doable. but even then, after all the advancement of technology, you'll still need to learn to turn a wrench in that car. not saying that's totally a negative, that can be some of the fun of owing a car.
wait. i'm beginning to think this is one of those 'le wrong generation' 13 year olds who thinks he's classy because he likes jazz and old cars only.

Unless you're a fitter and turner who can manufacture parts it's a pretty fucked idea

If you want something simple that you can work on yourself, get an old Camaro or something with a sbc 350. You'll get the simple car, but also parts that you can actually buy, more reliability and the ability to actually reach the speed limit.

>Austin 7
>model t
good luck with that ignition system lol
also have fun replacing bearings and drive line components
this also
any old car is way overpriced now
it would almost be cheaper to scratch build a car

I hope you like lubing the suspension joints every 200 miles, changing the oil every 1000 miles, checking 40 different points before and after each ride, and generally doing a shit ton of small maintenance. Every car owner back then had to be a car mechanic as well. Yes, people DID drive Model Ts daily, but the amount of extra handiwork this required is incomparable to modern cars.

Shut the fuck up faggot
If you want a Model T get one, fuck what some random faggot on Veeky Forums say

>Also, you are grossly overestimating an old car's reliability. Old engines still have thousands and thousands of parts. Back then, they were rarely used, the concept of a daily drive didn't come up until the 40s.

Get a kit car

You're a massive fucking retard. If the tech they used back then was viable, we'd still use it. They're too slow to use anywhere with a minimum speed limit, they're not reliable due to materials used (sometimes leather) and they're expensive to buy in the first place. Even if this is bait it's still retarded.

>i feel that older cars have alot less in them that would go wrong
Hahahahaha.

>i might get an old car, not 80's, much older.
As others have said, those cars are harder to maintain due to parts availability. As a result, people don't drive them much because if something breaks, that might be the end unless you fabricate parts on commission. Some car collectors in my city do that as there are parts fabricators out there that fabricate parts and ship them all over the world to wealthy car collectors who insist on driving their old cars regularly. But expect to pay a thousand dollars or more per part.

Another MORE serious factor may occur. What is more serious than money? I can't speak for OP's england, but here in my USA state, older vintage cars are not allowed to be DD (daily drivers) due to safety, emissions, etc. Sure, they have grandfather clauses, but they also have licensing limitations. Their car plate licensing terms require those cars to not be regularly driven. They can be occasionally driven as to get them to a car show, car event, or as part of maintenance checking. So, you MUST research your local auto license laws thoroughly to prevent a nasty surprise when you find out you purchased a white elephant that is not legally allowed to be regularly driven.

Picture: in America, this car can be regularly driven

vintage cars are cool and all, but the only way to feasibly DD one without significant knowledge or investment is to EV convert it

in most cases you'll be giving it way more performance too

Model T is incredibly unreliable and stupidly hard to drive mate.
not to mention slow and literal horse and carriage levels of handling.