Girlfriend talk shit her entire 4 years of college plus grad school. Say 2 years at a trade school isn't a real college...

Girlfriend talk shit her entire 4 years of college plus grad school. Say 2 years at a trade school isn't a real college. We move to Florida after she graduate.i find a automotive job in 3 days. Takes her a month to get a desk job. 2 years late I double what she makes.

>Mfw she mentions wage gap

Other urls found in this thread:

mtu.edu/engineering/outreach/welcome/salary/
glassdoor.com/Salaries/asnt-ndt-level-iii-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm
pqndt.com/NDT-Salary-Survey/PQNDT-2014-Salary-Survey.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

your gf is right, she just fucked up and picked a babby major

on a dollar per hour basis, technicians will make more than the vast majority of college educated white collar professionals. this is coming from someone who has lived in both worlds. i make less money per hour as an engineer than i did as a tech.

you don't go to college to make money, you go to college for the white collar perks/lifestyle.

HVAC guy here. Meh. I barely get over 60k while friends in air conditioned offices make 80k salary and tons in bonuses. Im happy. Theyre usually stressed out.

what kind of engineer tho

Your GF picked a shit major. Kudos to you, though, for having a skill, being (apparently) good at it, having a job at all, and having a >gf that pulls her own weight, what with the education and employment.

You sound like you needed to break up with that bitch years ago

>i make less money per hour as an engineer than i did as a tech
Nigger please. "Sanitation engineers" make more than a lot of techs.

i got my degree in mechanical engineering but my point stands for other fields. its the nature of the job scheme, especially when you factor in unions.

the only way you are making more is if you are a principal engineer and you are stamping drawings or you are in management.

that being said, it's not about the money. the perks are where its at. yeah, i'm at work for 8-10 hours a day, but i'm not "working" that entire time. getting paid to think and getting paid to work is very, very different.

>mentions wage gap
I hope you're not getting married.

nah, I&C technicians and guys who have to suit up for industrial chemical work make bank. same thing for dudes who have the wearwithal to be linemen or heavy diesel technicians. the lineman foremen i worked with for my internship in college were clearing 250k$ a year.

engineers dont make money. Your average engineer is a retard unable to think for himself and is only able to follow directions. He's not different than your standard $15hour technician except he memorized shit for 4 years. Money is in management. A good engineer will eventually make it up the ranks and be in charge of engineers.

That's hella different than something like boiler operator or babysitting parent rolls at a paper mill, though. If we're comparing dangerous, skilled, or certified trades to the most junior engineer with no PE, no experience, and nothing but a 4-year, then sure. But most techs aren't making six figures.

I'd rather go do some work than have to sit at a desk talking to cunts all day for less money.

keyword: less money

>dating a moron feminist
KSY senpaifamalam

>these guys in a very specialized field, with terrible working conditions get paid a lot!
>this means college is a scam!
Guess what buddy the average tradie is some shitty welder or HVAC tech who makes 60k if he's lucky. The median income for a Mech Engineer is 80k.

You should become a FSE, good mix of both worlds

>But most techs aren't making six figures
neither are most guys with an engineering degree.

this is true, management is the big money. the caveat is that you can make decent money sitting around in your pajamas with a rubber stamp as a PE or consultant without having to break your back or work 50 hours a week.

management sucks ass dude, you are grinding like a motherfucker for that big money. i know because i see my boss do it.

dude you are totally misconstruing what i'm saying. i'm talking about work/life balance and what you get paid for on a per hour basis.

i did it. it was pretty rad as a single dude. not so much when you want a family.

If you think most engineers are making 6 figures you are in for a huge reality check one day. The average engineer makes like $60k. That market is flooded as fuck.

What brand?

LOL no it's like $64k.

mtu.edu/engineering/outreach/welcome/salary/

GE

>update
We're not together anymore. She left couple months ago probably for some guy at her job. I have my suspicions. She's been trying to get back in touch with me(haven't responded) was just thinking about her lately.

if you weren't so retarded you'd realize it clearly says median is 89k

>tfw 2 years out of school with bachelors making 85k/yr

feels good being an engineer

...It says mean...... Do you know what mean is?

>engineers in charge of anything

regardless, the first column is entry-level salary, not average amongst the entire population

Oh I thought you were in automotive, I can see how that would be way too much travel. Regions for auto brands are much smaller. How was the pay?

>being stupid and smug and then trying to change the argument
LOL engineers. Try to have some humility faggot.

keep trying to convince yourself that your blue collar future has more prospect than any real college degree

She got a shit degree, and the point of any college or trade school is to do something you enjoy instead of something you fucking hate. I hated pest control, but working commission I averaged $22/hr for about 3 years as I worked through college. I also worked in concrete cutting right out of high school for 6 months and fucking hated it.

Now I'm the club manager of a gym 2 years after graduating and 3 years after starting, and am making decent money. But I'd much rather manage a gym I lift at than work manual labor again. It all comes down to what you enjoy, my quality of life is a shitload higher making less money than I could potentially make working in other fields that I dislike simply to get by with decent pay. Not to mention my long-term career aspects are higher than that of most auto technicians unless they start their own shops or go into business for themselves.

t. General Business major from mid-tier state uni.

the pay was great. i cleared 150k out of engineering school (this is with a 10 year technical background). being a turbine cowboy was interesting and i'd recommend it for you young bucks.

I'm a level III NDT inspector. I'm doing just fine bro. But keep convincing yourself that college is the only way to succeed. Before you google it:
glassdoor.com/Salaries/asnt-ndt-level-iii-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm
or
pqndt.com/NDT-Salary-Survey/PQNDT-2014-Salary-Survey.pdf
(page 7)

Man that's nice but like you I wouldn't take a job travelling almost 100% of the time, past that part of my life.

yeah, thats why i say you earn that money. i lived out of a hotel for 300 days of the year.

At this point lets just make those creepy youtube kid cartoons

For most majors, yeah. Depending on what kind of jobs they are, tech pay doesn't touch anywhere near Accounting, Finance, IT/IS/CS though, but those are also serious soul sucking fields.

t. public accounting wageslave

>Get out of Navy after 8 years
>Spent entire time in wrecking myself
>chased 14+ hour work days with 4+ hours of class every day
>Get out with an MBA, numerous IT certifications
>Immediately take a salary job working as the "IT buy/go to guy" for a decent sized office (~500+ employees)
>have 5 guys working for me
>Pretty good, 130k/year
>Somehow work more hours than I did in the fucking Navy while I was adding 30+ hours a week of school

Gotta use this god damn MBA for something or I'll kill myself, fuck certification and tech schools

Jesus the people I'm around must be skewing my perception. I make 65k in tech and I feel fucking poor as fuck because I feel like I know all these people making 25-100% more than me.

How are there all these people buying and driving these $50-60k (post tax) cars if $60k is the median in a professional career??? I spent $30k on my car and I'd still rather not think about the dollar amount...

Y'all are are arguing over nothing. In 20-30 years you better be retired because ALL of our jobs are going to be replaced by superior learning machines.

>i find a automotive job in 3 days. Takes her a month to get a desk job.

why is this a thing that matters? It's just a month, not like you guys are in a hurry or something.

will the AI program itself too?

Get at me in ten years when she makes double your hourly rate.

I'm sure you will. Business + IT backgrounds are the perfect employee in the white collar careers. We just introduced new auditing software that supposedly can help us save HOURS of wasted retarded time with clients and of course half of the firm is up in arms about it since most of them are technologically retarded boomers.

You must have somekind of superior retardation because you might make 6 figure a year in the US but dollar-per-dollar you are as rich as someone in Europe making 50k a year.