/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Woefully Welded Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

stratolaunch.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

castle story

new jej already? it's only sunday

captcha to report kerbnigger: avenida mexico
oh so apt

S
K
S

>racing in cuckout for like 20 minutes this morning
>suddenly races close
>what the fuck
>it says races will re-open in 3 hours

For what purpose? Why not just leave it open all day? Why put a 3 hour gap in there?

No idea why the brawls are timed, looks fucking retarded.

What did he mean by this?

>new jej already? it's only sunday
It bet crossout is behind this schemery.

So you can fuck with the market by buying cheap boosters after race and selling them for more money before the new races open

It's fucking retarded IMO

Never

They are things that are Fun.

is this loss?

rem?

why does kikeout require so much grinding?
making an item should require only 1 of each of the ingredients
fucking been trying for weeks to make 3 purples but its so ridiculously expensive

>open crate
>car jack
I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BY NOW BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF

clever guy, this skinner was

>open crate
Good goyim!

I really like the looks of factorio, but I heard the devs don't want to put it on sale because they don't want to reward people for waiting to buy the game and having it "devalue" the games worth.

This really puts me off of buying the game because I don't want to support arrogant developers.

i dont understand, what counts as a 'customization pack'?
a cosmetic item?
are these 2 types of crates even worth making?
they cant be sold so its all about how much luck you have to get something good out of them

Then pirate it.

>why does kikeout require so much grinding?
I was going to say "because it's a Gaijin game" but I see Gaijew is just the publisher

I guess that's just the nature of free to play MMOs

For you? They are totally worth it.

>i dont understand, what counts as a 'customization pack'?
One of those manhole covers for example
>are these 2 types of crates even worth making?
No

>fucking been trying for weeks to make 3 purples but its so ridiculously expensive
What is fucking wrong with you
Buy them you retard, crafting purples is for whales and idiots

SPACE X LAUNCH

This would have been more interesting 22 minutes ago

customization packs are skins for the weapons

>customization pack
Its just a weapon skin pack. The crate has a totally random weapon skin in it. Once you use a skin on the weapon it can no longer be sold on the market.

>worth making?

No. The obscene workbench "rental fee" is insane. So not only do you shell out 2000 gold to make 15 parts, they also suck up a massive amount of materials, and give you a totally random thing you probably dont want.

At least the customization packs can be sold for like 400 gold a piece. The paint boxes on the other hand have a HUGE chance to just give you some shitty white tier paint thats worth like 5 gold if you dont like it and want to sell it.

If you really want a certain weapon skin, just buy it off the market from the whales and gambling addicts that already opened a bunch of crates and are selling the skins.

they are anti-sale, but they arent' quite arrogant
but then again I might've watched too much of jim sterling

How exactly is that arrogant? They're correct. Moreso because factorio is highly niche and has a finite potential audience.

>when your net worth has lowered by over 1000

just deflate my economy man

>not selling everything you have and waiting

>decide to see what Roboshits been up to since we've all been playing Crossout

>they are bringing back megabots, but only in private matches?
>and TX blocks??
>Mark says they are going to make all building blocks have the same health and mass???
>"chassis normalization"

>only way to win is not to play

>>"chassis normalization"
They're going full Nick, ayy lmao

>captcha: select all women shorts
best capthca i've seen

buy them with what fucking money nigger?
the one your mom makes selling her ass on the street at night?
fucking moron

so for the purpose of opening and reselling what you get out of the crate you think they arent worth it?
i saw some weapon customization packs are extremely rare and go for a shitton of credits

>for the purpose of opening and reselling what you get out of the crate you think they arent worth it?

Do the math yourself.

Take the huge gold investment it takes to rent the workbench, and then add up all the scrap, copper and wires it takes to make each crate, see how much profit youll make, and if its worth it to you.

use legacy, don't be insane

>They're going full Nick
I would not be surprised if they decided to cut out multiplayer and told you, you have to buy infiniterobocuck

It gets easier when you get enough blue stuff to do consistently well in medium-difficulty raids [providing the teams you get aren't totally stupid]
Three normal raids gives you more than enough copper for a blue item, and beating the daily challenge is almost half of the scrap you need

i just wanna understand, are these the things you get out of the artisan crate?
these are the so called 'customization packs'?
because if you are guaranteed to get one of these then its totally worth it considering how much they go for

The money you make from selling literally anything else you stupid faggot. If you had simply sold all those resources you have used so far you'd already have your purples.

No, those are just cosmetics. Customization packs are just for weapons

Do it you complete faggot

so under what category do i find them?
can you post me a screenshot as example please?
thank you

No. Type "CK" into the search bar for the Customization Kits. They are listed under the Rescources tab.

The crates themselves sell for 289 gold, but have a very very very very very very small chance of giving you a purple skin, but will most likely give you the shittyones that only sell for 40-60 gold

oh i see
so its just another gamble bait

i am seriously considering all possibilities here
i have around 1100 dollars, some blue weapons, no blue gear apart from a light engine and around 9 wooden crates

i desperately need a safe way to make money because i have been trying to get these 3 equalizers for weeks and i dont even have all the blue components yet

one guy before said crafting is stupid and i should just buy the purples, the problem is that i dont have enough money

i really need some help in investing this money wisely

>9 wooden crates
Sell them, they're awful

It's arrogant because you aren't willing to put it on sale to potentially attract new customers because you feel it would devalue the game and your work. If 20 people pay 20 dollars it equals 400 dollars. If 40 people pay 15 dollars it equals 600.

I think I saw one of those golden horns in the crate opening animation.

they have trust in their product, they are not arrogant and you might wanna read up more about their views on the subject, than just rehashing what other user said
I do not think they are arrogant, even more they are one of the more cool and competent devs out there

Reread what I just wrote. Factorio has a finite potential audience. A sale would be pointless.

So which general got the responsibility of taking on openttd?
I forgot

>A sale would be pointless.
>implying people aren't on the fence about the game and are simply waiting for it to go on sale

are you contrarian just for the laughs or are you really populisticly stupid?
or perhaps you are so so very poor and too stupid to torrent

Occasionally gets posted here.
I think it belongs here but some think it should be with other /cbg/ refugees in /civ4xg/.

I think it was /civ4xg/ but I might be mistaken

I figured I would ask instead of outright posting because my time to boredom on a given game is becoming shorter and I figured I might try something free I never played before
I think I might just not like video games anymore

Take breaks, read books and shit, fap less, and also take amphetamines.
That should help, you're probably having dopamine problems.

Another sacrifice to the allmighty Clang

OPEN CRATES
record and post

is he okay?

Thready reminder that engineering a healthy body (and mind) requires physical activity.
Move fast and go far, then pick up heavy stuff and put them back down again.

Can I protect this thunderbolt somehow? Everything i've tried (even the smallest lunatic grilles) removes any kind of depression the gun has.

Are wheeled vehicles functional on multiplayer on planets with 1.0 G?

I asked in the last thread but I couldn't find it before it 404'ed.
>then pick up heavy stuff and put them back down again.
Veeky Forums, please.

>wheels
>funcional on multiplayer
>on top of that, with gravity

Don't forget that Keen is involved

What's the name of that factory game that gets posted now and then? It's kind of like big pharma aesthetically but more simplified and you can make tanks.

nevermind found it, factoryidle

Bumpers. The engineer faction has these litle flat grey bumpers that are really thin and have like 58 health, and resistance to explosives. Put one in front of the gun, and one behind it

Coral, ocean or electron?

I need some colours that aren't those green abominations.

stratolaunch.com/
Apparently someone's made a big plane to air-launch spacecraft with. I have no opinion on it until it's tested, but whatever

Also, in the process of looking it up, I've realised there are THREE versions of 'ton' that people use.
I thought Americans were just using the imperial one, but no, they went and made another just to be cunts.

SHINY AND ALUMINUM

SHINY AND fabulous

Pink is fine too

Darude,
Sandstorm

newfag looking at chode on sale.
ai enough for sp only game?
other opinions?

is this engine worth using ever?

chode isn't my cup of tea but other anons seemed to have a lot of fun with it, especially the ship creator.

The suit was empty, they were testing something and it caught fire.

It's kinda sad when you realize that the suits tehy are using on teh ISS today are designs from almost 40 years ago.

yeah you can protect it by being fast as fuck you retard

If you are meleeing with chameleon or drone spamming then yes

wasps

spergos serb is back up

r8 technical

Pisses me off that they got rid of the big flat tin sheets part. It was a big square piece of tin rooking, with like 20HP, and it worked great as a hood for cars to cover engines.

>keep having flashbacks to how crossout building used to be

>all dem rewards
>all dem parts

>make a low PS leviathan with a cannon and 4 machine guns
>it actually finds fights

DELETE

... wins? Does this mean people are doing Inv at 2500PS?

>people quit races the instant I get in the lead now because they know they have no chance

>in near future egg will be raided by angry scrubs

>finish line approaching
>car behind me boosts
>ram him to the side
>he crashes into the finish line post
>win
>sends angry whispers in russian
:^)

wat

don't you just love it when there's an epic memer with a guard tower or a house or a plane build on your team