He doesnt have a fumoto

>he doesnt have a fumoto

>he relies on brass hardware

Until you go over a bump and drain all the oil out of your car

>ratchet and socket

20 extra seconds vs screwing some piece of raccoon-skull-collecting hardware to the bottom of your pan that will guarantee total oil pan destruction and oil loss the first time something catches it.

The idea is to put a line on it and drain it directly into a bottle. that saves more time

I have a truck and a horizontal drain plug opening. Nothing would catch.

I do have a 14mm socket

>flip valve and drain oil
>put new oil in top

Oil change done. I run my 24000km oil filters for 2 changes.

Sucks to be poor.

What are other alternatives? My oilpan has a indent where the plug sits, and there isnt enough clearance to screw the Fumoto in place.

Fumoto: For all the times you've said F U Moto

They have extender pieces for ones that don't fit.

From Fumoto? Link? Never saw one, concerned it might not clear the gaurd.

It depends on which one you get

>look under cars
>find one with brass fitting
>drain the oil out for them without them knowing

Step up onii-chan
>look under cars
>doesn't have the brass fitting
>drain the oil anyway

Until you go over a second bump and the little piece of plastic has broken off

the ultimate nigger.
bonus points if you catch the oil and use it in your shitbox

Not very likely

>install Fumoto
>tie string to valve and line it into my cockpit
>Faggot tailgating me
>instant oil slick

I really want one of these for stealthy oil changes in my apartment parking lot.
Kind of conflicted about blowing $36 on a brass valve though.

The in in OPs pic

I would have gotten one a long time ago, but i'm too worried about a rock or something nailing it and pissing oil while driving.

>91 civic hatch
>oil pan bolt is almost shaved off

I dont think i have the clearance

Car isnt even lowered

>he doesnt have a fumoto
A few places have extra tall speed bumps here, so if your drain plug is on the bottom side of the oil pan, you better not use this. It would just snag on the extra tall speed bump.

why didnt they make it an internal valve so it could be protected from elements while also being flush as a regular drain plug?

KEK

Hmm. it would be ideal for horizontally mounted holes not for vertical ones, but then again most oil drain plugs are vertially placed. might be nice for my volvo though it its oriented at an angle

Drainplug location on my accord will never have problems with a fumoto

how does this work? i dont see a thing on the OP to pull to let the oil out

yeah, if you want a fumoto on your transmission.

Til there's vertical drain plugs. All my cars have had horizontal.

More useful to me would be a valve that screws onto the fuel rail pressure test port. I've bitched about that tons more then unscrewing the oil drain plug.

Look it up on youtube. You just pull a lever in an L shape and it opens up the valve and lets the oil drain out. Takes longer than usual but is easier in terms tools required (none after initial install). When oil is drained, put lever back in closed position and refill oil. Oil change is now complete without touching any tools.

Every critic of this product claims that it will fail or get hit by a wayward road hazard or something, fucking your entire shit up. But I've been researching this thing for a while and I've never seen a case of that happening. Most people report that the valve has worked flawlessly for many years. I would buy one but it's expensive and I live in an apartment complex anyway (not allowed to do vehicle maintenance myself).

That might not be a bad idea.
Especially with smelly ass gear oil.

>I live in an apartment complex anyway (not allowed to do vehicle maintenance myself)
Just do what I do and work on it in the dead of night on the weekend when the apartment management isnt there.
That or drive it to the walmart parking lot.

>I have a grade 12.9 drain plug so it will fuck my oil pan threads extra good

>Not getting the sleek low profile
>driving a car with an oilpan low enough to catch on shit
>also covering your ratchet and arm in oil removing a plug

>not pumping your oil though the dipstick hole

As if that fully drains your oil

It gets pretty fucking close

I don't have one because they don't make a F106NX, and I don't want to buy two valves to make a right angle one with a long nipple

why would you fucking do that when its infinitely easier to just drain it from the bottom?

t. retard who has never used an oil extractor

>dipstick hole extends to the bottom of the oil pan so you get all the oil out
>you don't even have to get under the car and destroy the drainplug (which is somehow "infinitely easier" according to Mr. Retarded over here)
>oil in inside the container instantly

I'm sorry you're too poor to spend 60 bucks.

How the fuck is it infinitely easier, I'm able to change my oil and filter without even leaving the engine bay, saves a lot of time and it's a lot cleaner.

But I do have a fumoto valve user

That's a convenient filter location user

I was 14 the first and last time I stripped an oil drain plug.

Wherefor?

This. We've spilled a lot of diesel in walmart parking lots.

b-b-but oil drain plug has magnet on it.

Looks like a subaru

>fumoto
You never change the filter?

You misread him.

If you're not a retard you can get the filter off without any tools the next time. Screw it on until it just barely contacts the block, then just 3/4-1 turn more. All it has to do is hold oil pressure, it doesn't need to be cranked on to a million foot pounds. My filters never leak but I can get them off by hand.

>destroy the drainplug
I guess we know the real reason you've spent $60. It's because you're a knuckledragging moron.

TY user, I'd never heard of such a thing... Ordering from Amazon now.

His point is that unless you've got an upside-down filter, you're going to drip some oil.

nice 00-04 subaru legacy (maybe gt, gt wheels) user

98 actually, and thanks.

You would have to be completely utter, "I only browse /pol/ and /b/"-tier retard to fuck up a drain plug.

weird, does it have the ej25d in it? looks like a 251/221/dual port cali spec 223/253

Yep, EJ25D twin cam.

Have never even changed my own oil have a mechanic buddy that hooks me up

Seems hard and yucky

Those are good, these (pic related) also work. Most of the newer Link-Belts and Tigercats I work on have these and work nicely.

i remember back when you could pump grease into your bearing.

are there still bearing with such valves on cars nowaday?

You forgot to close the valve user.

I don't need tools to change my filter, maybe others do

Usually referred to as zerk fittings. Grease fittings/nipples.

Also, what bearing are we talking about?

Crankshaft bearings

What your thoughts about it? Like, don't like? How long have you had it?

I've had it about a year now, getting ready for the second oil change with it. It doesn't leak from the ball valve like some people say. It's also a real deliberate push up and turn on the lever, it would be really hard for debris in the road to both push up against the spring tension and turn it. It also doesn't hang down much at all, the oil pan kinda curves forward around it and the exhausts are the lowest point. If I was gonna hit something that would hit the valve, it would have fucked the pan up badly regardless of whether I had a valve or a regular plug.

I love it, I don't have to jack up my car or use any tools to change my oil. I definitely recommend it. It does drain a little slower than a plug, but that's fine since I open it to drain and let it sit while I go do something else.

It's also really handy for collecting Blackstone Labs oil samples, especially if you wanted to do one in the middle of an oil change interval without draining it completely.

Then no, they're all pressurized and oil-fed.

close doesnt get the sludge out retard.

Why are you leaving oil in your car long enough for it to sludge up?

I'll show you hard and yucky

That gets pulled off on the first stick to hit it off road.