Auto repair shop fucked up me car

>Me car stopped all of sudden in a parking lot, won't start again after that.
>called the nearest auto repair shop.
>Fast forward 1 day later
>Valve Cover Gasket and New Distributor
>$569.18
>me car starts in the parking lot of the workshop
>drives home all happy and shit.
>Turns off car and try to restart it for shits and giggles.
>Doesn't work.
>wat
>Pumps gas pedal
>Starts but idles roughly.
>wtf
>Turns off and try again
>Nope
>Pumps gas pedal
>Nope
>Battery drains to flat.

wtf should I do now.

pic related, me car.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s160jjXqTjBX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>Valve Cover Gasket and New Distributor
>>$569.18
Holy shit you got jewed so fucking hard

Probably bad iac valve. Clean it with maf cleaner. Or get a new one. Test it with a multimeter.

:( I also live in the middle of fucking nowhere (Utah) and everything's expensive down here because it's so remote.
Is it something I can do myself?

Something similar happened to my F150 clean the idle air control and report back

On one hand mechanics arent gods that automatically know every issue in any car that drives up, but on the other hand $570 for a fucking vcg and distributor cap is fucking hilarious

Like a few others have said, clean the IAC valve as well as the throttle body and MAF meter. It might also be a broken/loose vacuum hose.

>$569.18

that is a nissan pathfinder le right? you have an engine knock, the car wont start as a safety mechanism to protexr yoir engine, once computer detects a knock it shuts the emgine off.

rough idle as in engine sounds rough means one of your pistons isnt moving the cylinder is shut off and not being engaged. this is very very bad.

>le right
I know thats probably an acronym, but id be lying if i said i didnt read it in shitty rage comic speak

air flow sensor isnt going to fix anything. ive gone through this, im going through it. my pathy sit in the drive way. mechanics are going to jew you kf yoi go in there sayi g you have no idea.

here is what you do:
kill your self

jesus op did you even try and diagnose the problem yourself before you took it straight the ass? you're a little faggot

LE is the type of pathfinder, there is an SE model too, the op prolly has tha 3.3 liter engine notorious for knocking

@op buy a computer scanner at Napa Auto parts, or your local parts store.
it will tell you the knock code right off the bat ( prolly p031- p036 )
then go to mechanic show his code tell him to fix what ever codes you pulled yourself.

@op
show us the whole invoice transcript of the work done.

I know I got ripped off when the bill came, but I didn't know what to do. The shop that did the repair was Car Smart Auto Repair down at Logan
I just got off work when the little shit died on me and I wanted to go home so badly I wasn't thinking straight.
It doesn't have a check engine light on tho

it can throw a code without a SEL

here you go

k now show us he actually replaced the distributor.
and you got charged ^40 for atow and looks like ~40 for diagnostics

wait... op, where is the part where he types out thw description of the var problem and how he fixed it !!!

Well he definitely replaced the distributor, the old distributor was covered in oil, I know it because I tried to clean it myself. I got charged $60 for tow and $45 for diagnostics.

It's just the "NO START" on top of "Labor Description"

im trying to find out wether or not he even assesed the prob of just cooled down the engine charged and replaced unnecssecary new parts, cleaned the mass air flow censor and reset your comp so it wouldnt detecr knock right away and prevent ignition and run.

ah ok.

you obviously got screwed on diagnostics because none were done as your car is still not working

Also always get towing from a third party. They knew they could get you a second time for more money

do not go back there because they will probably charge you another $60 for a tow
the mechanic is a scumbag and knew you were easy bait when you walked in the door

oh its am altima, well prolly same problem. let me check for you.

what should I do now? Anyone here based in Logan willing to help me out?

thi smay sound really fuckign dumb, but it might be some bad plug wires too.
I know a lady who paid to have a shop replace the headgasket after numerous attempts to fix the car before that. when headgasket was said and done, problem still persisted.
ended up buying the car so i can give it my once over. New basic stuff - plugs - wires- coil pack, clean a few things, etc.
go to pull the plug wires, it snaps off in my hand.
turns out that is all that was wrong with it and the dude was just a really shitty mechanic or just trying to squeeze as much $ as possible out of the lady.

offered to give the car back to her and she declined as she was getting a new car already.
fucked up really.

>ended up buying the car so i can give it my once over

*** ended up buying the car for a family member as i knew those cars fairly well. so i could give it my once over and give to family member if i could fix it.
I did and i did.

Don't some states have laws where mechanics can't charge you for doing shit that doesn't help? Might be worth looking into.

ok op so you are going to pull 3 codes when you buy that hand scannner (buy it)

1st) p0100 mass air flow censor

2nd) p0325 knock sensor 1 ckt malfunction bnk 1 or sensor misread

and 3rd) p0301- 304

Go to your local general auto parts store like autozone and see if you can rent a code reader. See if you can pull any codes. If not do a quick spot check to see if anything electrical came undone or looks corroded. If that doesnt work and your car's online forums dont help find the cheapest third party towing service near you and have them take the car to a different shop. Watch them hook up the car to tow it and make sure they dont fuck anything up. When you get to the shop tell them exactly what codes you got if any and tell them the full issue and everything that was done so far.

Also this:

>$569.18

Stop taking your car to Uncle Moshe's Best Goy Auto Kibbutz

i agree with thos user on renting the scanner if you can.

also, to test your mass airflow censor conections:

>run your engine.
if runs rough
>tap on the sides of MAF with the rubber handle of a screwdriver to see if there is any change in how engine sounds.
if engine levels out
>check wires and connections.
if connections bad, to mechanic.
if connetions good, replace MAF.
buy from nissan parts.

@op
if it you pull an engine knock code
>test fuel injectors by pulling one out to see if there is noticable rpm loss or increased engine idle roughness.
> do this for every fuel injector
if you pull one and there is no noticable loss or roughness then
>diagnose that injector

Whatever you do, DO NOT check to make sure you're getting adequate fuel pressure.

Do not do this.
It will only offend you.

Please continue checking your muffler bearings.

>test electrical for cylinder
of not
>test ignition system for cylinder
if not
>test fuel system to cylinder
if not
>test mechanical system of cylinder
( pray it is not mechanichal )

If they just replaced the distributor and leads, it could just be that the lead plugs have popped off the distributors sockets. Whenever I change the leads on my Ute, there's always a couple of leads that have slightly popped off after a few hours. Just pull them off and plug them back in the same spot.

>Stop taking your car to Uncle Moshe's Best Goy Auto Kibbutz
Kek

>$569.18

I got quoted 900 dollars for a valve cover gasket on a nissan 3.5l engine. I ran as far away as i can fast as i can

I will never take my car to Car Smart Automotive Repair ever again. I don't know any reputable workshops around town at all.
why?
:(

to be fair though, those distributors can be pretty expensive,

200$ dizzy
50$ gasket
250 in labor

not too crazy.

The distributor is $166 and the gasket is $28.99 on Autozone based on the zipcode in the invoice.

although he's probably more mad at the fact that he paid $570 and none of the problems were solved

apparently fucking not if you have to ask.

let this be an example

markup on parts by 40% , not too crazy.

My car died on me in the middle of the street and i scratched my head for a few minutes before checking my fuel line and finding that my fuel filter came loose

>Nissan
Found your problem.

Old Nissan's like that are reliable

OP didn't say distributor cap, he said distributor. So potentially $250 worth of parts there

Go to autozone. They will scan your car codes for free. Write down the codes.

My guess is you have senor issues or fuel issues. Maybe your fuel pump is fucked. check fuel pressure. You can check fuel pressure ghetto wise. check on youtube. Be careful not to burn yourself alive.

The 40% markup isn't too crazy, but the fact that it was obviously a temporary fix which didn't last even a day was damn well disappointing for $570.

I called Car Smart today:
Audio: vocaroo.com/i/s160jjXqTjBX
Cliffs:
>Manager claims to not work at the same branch I got my car fixed
>Can't come into workshop today because "our schedule is too packed."
>Have to return on Monday
>Might get charged additional $60 for tow.

Also,
>"The repair is effective but the car was functional when it left the compound." But who the fuck cares when I get home and everything falls apart, right?

I'm literally on the verge of tears.

No offense OP but you should have got your dad to go with you or something. Or better yet, have went to a different shop. You sound too effeminate and auto repair shops, dealerships, or any place that wants money can and WILL easily take advantage of you because you sound so gay and young.

Fix the way you talk and don't call them when they fuck up a repair. Get a ride over there, present the paperwork/receipt, and tell them your fucking car is still not working. Bring your dad with you if he is not a beta male. If they still won't help you, tell them you are posting all of this online on Google, Facebook, and Yelp with your receipt and car issues. For a brutality, post the video of the car not starting with the receipt in it too on YouTube with the place's location in title/desc.

Sorry user but this is what happens when you're young and naive. You can't trust any man older than you when it comes to services because they are going to take advantage of your dumb ass. I learned the hard way several times.

No idea my voice affected how people treated me until today. God darn how do I fix the way I talk?

He sounds pretty normal to me.

He sounds low test. Nobody will take him serious.

You're probably low test too.

you're a thread derailing nigger

op do what user said and post a brutality vid, then fix the car yourself.
>also can run at all now?

>does it start but not run?

>how do your emmisions smell?

I will be making a video today or tomorrow.
Right now it doesn't even start, not even with a jump or even if I pump the gas pedal till kingdom come.
It used to start but idles roughly, now it doesn't even start anymore.

You have a higher pitched voice which is fine, I do too. However, the way you present your voice is what matters. You end all of your sentences as if they were questions and it comes off as uncertainty, as if you didn't know what you're talking about. People take advantage of uncertainty.