/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Top 10 Annoying Characters Edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/uf0k1J5a

Last time on /xivg/:

Beware of Dog

pipin's nipple

I'm going to marry an elezen and honeymoon in Kugane~!

what, why

Highlanders for most sexy race and clan.

>It's a DPS won't use their AoE skills so you stop doing big pulls and they start complaining episode
Fucking mind boggling. Do they not understand the purpose of big pulls?

Silk, WE HAVE THE BOYS™

so are they going to execute Fordola?
they didnt execute Nero

someone post poop nose moon cats please

>she made it out

she'll help us and we'll become best friends at some point in the future, right?

Reminder to come to Mateus!
We have friend and video games!

Yes, and then she'll become my wife.

updated the pastebin and removed LEAF

I do really like how Nero got off scot free.

elzns are not for lewd

>can't play SAM because there's a million of them already
>every other DPS job is just worse than SAM
So am I going to have to pick up tanking?

Don't be foolish, She will have her revenge

Elezen look nothing like that.

and a manipulative sociopath

Her artificial Echo will make her see shit that will make her change her mind about everything.

I want to step on Zenos.

He sucks WoL's cock now, the garleans can't do shit.

If you want to DPS play off tank WAR or PLD

>tfw we won't have Ilberd to set up the next expansion

How are they even going to cope?

It's cause he's half hyur
*looks at raubahn and nanamo*

Is it just me, or is RDM really boring and one-dimensional to play? I really wanted to love this job but its spells are just so samey, and the melee combo is the same three buttons in the same order every time. I just hit 60 and it's already gotten old.

Is there another ranged DPS that's more fun in Stormblood (and isn't completely non-functional like MCH)?

>pull a whole room
>each member of party targets a different enemy in the pull with single target spells

FC-less again because of that happening

He can't go back to Garlemald because he'd executed as a failure and he arguably knows more about Allagan shit than anyone else in Eorzea save for maybe Cid so he's at the very least useful.

BRD is the only viable ranged DPS

xth for what to level next gamer...

What scions are confirmed dead by the time SB starts? Do they have any role in SB?

>Kugane
thats where you fucked up
Gridania or bust go marry some midlander/catwhore there

idk I find it super fun, proc based gameplay makes it more fun than the other jobs to me despite being really simple
All the other DPS are just following a strict rotation either way

I want zenos to step on me

But is it
F
U
N?

DRG

thanks

>play male, go to city, never get any FC invites

>fanta to female, use some skimpy outfits, stretch out a bit, invites every minute

So this is the power of whore...

Is CG really single?

The real Yda, Palpalymo, and sorta-kinda Minfilia.

I think it's the fact that its spells are all clones of each other that just exist to give different colored mana. Like if Veraero and Verthunder actually did different things, and if Verstone and Verfire were actually different, I might enjoy it more.

Well since you're going full fotm then level SAM next.

I'm craving an MMO and I know WoW isn't worth it anymore. Should I give this a try?

So is there a list of actually worthwhile to play DPS, no memes?

Face slot for accessories when?

level up buttsniffer

Minfillia is ambiguous. She kinda got turned into a light borg and is used as a speaking piece by Hydaelyn. She also flew off to another world and she will probably come back eventually.

Papalymo is very dead

Kill yourself

what's a cooldowns episode ?

not for long, we are watching anime together right now

Very cute!

Are there any other single lasses avaliable?

Will SMN ever get Ramuh/Shiva/Leviathan Egis?

Sorry sorry I didn't copy the spoilers tag for the repost. I hope that didn't ruin anything for anyone. Let me repost with it.

It's kind of funny that Fordola and Zenos got more characterization than Lyse did despite her being in so many more scenes.

Story spoilers: Sort of hope that Fordola gets at least another scene or two to see how she's going to cope with how all of the horrible things she did being for nothing in the end.

I think most NPCs aren't really aware of who Nero WAS, they just think he's some rogue Garlean who's betrayed the imperials like Cid, and Cid doesn't hate Nero enough to expose him.

Meria

Are there any good underboob pieces in this game? What are my choices for skimpy outfits?

ok
I'm not going fotm, I played those 2 the most before SB...
ew

>all the good jobs this expansion are the ones I haven't leveled
Should I just fucking kill myself

Die faggots

No, that's a Ramuh add.

Are DRG still getting a place?

>he just crashes an alliance meeting

lol no

If you like Final Fantasy and MMOs you'll probably enjoy it.

Don't expect to catch up to Stormblood for a fucking WHILE, though. Especially if you have a job or school you hate to go to.

Ye. In the cuckshed. With MNK.

Fist in bloodied sheets,
my heart is filled with grief for all the dead souls I've punched to pieces.

I don't know what to spend my PVP marks on, can anyone give me examples of cool stuff to get for glamour.

and Titan-Egi is a Titan add . . they already have a potential Sephirot-Egi as well.

SAM
NIN
BRD
That's it

Debating on a job to pick.Can I get a rating scale of how autistic and how profitable each of these jobs is

Carpenter
Goldsmith
Leatherworker
Fisher

Just these jobs, I don't care if a different one is your favorite or better. out of THESE jobs.

Ask yourself this next time you have a question like this.

Is the Job PLD, DRK, SAM, NIN, or AST? No? It doesn't get a place.

In the jap voices he also sounds drunk as fuck.

It's very funny how he just appears there and insults everyone.

>DRK
lol

egiglamours would be cool

>all these people raving about RDM
>half of its spells are just reskins

This is a joke right. It literally has a bunch of spells, that are EXACTLY the same.

MCH is functional. It's like this:
Only do dungeons once and then fuck around;
Fun = MCH
Do dungeons to grind out weekly limits;
Fun < MCH
Try to maximize rotation;
Fun

Cid mad because Nero is styling on him

Someone has to main tank.

Unless you....go double PLD? That's forbidden though. No comp needs that much mitigation.

Don't forget Moenbryda, though i can't blame you for doing so.

guys how does the dungeon auto-reward feature works exactly?
Is it only for leveling dungeons?
Do I have to have the pieces of the set equipped to receive the missing pieces or is having them in my inventory enough to trigger the detection and the reward?

Is SAM really that good or is everyone memeing?

Yeah, this is what kills RDM for me. The reskin spells are just so boring. Even Verholy and Verflare are just reskins of each other.

I mean, if the job is that amazingly unfun if you try to do anything other than casual fucking around on it, that's pretty non-functional, right?

>The real Yda

Honestly she doesn't count. You never met her. She was a posthumous character all along.

yes it's good. but it has no raid utlity. look at monk at end of HW. highest dps but not in meta comps because it brought nothing but that

>level WHM to go alongside my lvl70 paladin
>sunken temple in leveling roulette
>aggro everything except the tanks main target the moment you cast a single cure
>try to tell him to use some AOE aggro skills
>tank never does so
>he waits like 2-3 minutes before each pull
>uses lb the moment it charges up
>doesn't understand basic mechanics in the game
I could go on. 40-50 minutes of sheer hell. I don't know what happened, but that really made me lose all hope for everything and it just activated some crippling depression switch in me.
I've seen lots of this awful playing in lvl30-40 dungeons recently. It's like they level through some weird means and don't know how to play the game.
I had to quit and I can't log back in. Can't boot up any game without wanting to shoot myself in the head.
Just popped open a bottle of vodka, been chainsmoking since that little episode.
I can't do this anymore lads. I think I just lost all willingness to play any online game ever.
I was very patient. I always have been. Tried to guide people and this is my reward at the end of the day.
I think I'll just go buy some rope tomorrow. Goodbye friends.
Thanks 4 reading my blog.

No, basically when you kill the last boss of a 51-59 or 61-69 dungeon, it deposits an item from that dungeon that you don't already possess directly into your inventory.

>tfw try my best to always end up with higher black mana so I can cast Verholy instead of Verflare because it looks 10x cooler

>I mean, if the job is that amazingly unfun if you try to do anything other than casual fucking around on it, that's pretty non-functional, right?
Stop...

It wasn't in meta comps because there wasn't a spot for it in the drg/brd/mch pierce trio, and NIN was obligatory.
There's no such insane synergy to be found in SB.

please stop talking bad about RDM i just rerolled to it

>tfw the thumbnail looked like a xaela male

(You)

I enjoy it. Its super fun to me. Love the procs, love how it all flows together and how fast the casts are. Its simple but fun.

RDM is great and one of the most desirable jobs outside of bleeding edge speedrunning.

wait what the fuck it was yda/lyse all along in the trailer????
I fapped to this
I fapped to Lyse

>There's no such insane synergy to be found in SB
WRONG

PLD main tank activates Sentinel, PLD off tank activates Rampart and uses Intervention on the main tank.

UNKILLABLE

It's fun and it's aesthetic. If you enjoy it, keep playing it. I think it gets a lot better once you hit 68-70 as well, the combo finisher makes you feel a lot more powerful.

MCH and BRD were so overbuffed by the ass end of HW that they placed highest in fucking everything. Now that their DPS has been neutered, I don't expect that to be a thing in comparison to just taking whatever you want.