Be me age 21

>be me age 21
>own 2015 dodge challenger rt
>live by a highway and right across it is a large parking lot with a single garage where people have car meets every friday
>i always want to go
>i have no car friends and am very socially awkward at first with new people
>i want to go so bad
>sit here every friday wanting to go
>hear burnouts all night every friday night out my window
>if i just had one friend to take with me
>i don't even want to show off. i just want guys i can talk cars to without typing on a keyboard for once
>im just worried i'll look dumb or autistic to these people

how do i just bring myself to this Veeky Forums? any advice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
youtu.be/kUeRDn4ahsI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just go you turbo nigger

Just go. Car meets are a totally different animal than other meetups. It's why Veeky Forums has actual successful meets compared to the other boards: breaking the ice isn't about you, it's about your car, and you know you already share one major interest. Your car will get your foot in the door, and after chatting about it/their cars, you'll be in like Flint.

Just take the plunge, user. You'll thank yourself for it.

Dont play shitty bass, and be open to conversation. Thats just about it. I am super tempted to go to one but they are usually 50miles+ away

>work at Honda dealership
>me and co-worker are giant Hondafags
>go to our first Honda meet
>stancefags, riced out cars and Mexicans everywhere
>some idiot does a burnout even though they aren't allowed to
The best part about it was the faggot doing the burnout got his car towed and his bumper fell off while getting put on the flatbed because it's too #hellaflush.
The last car meet we went to was a cars & coffee in Santa Monica, it's filled with a bunch of smug richfags and retard Mustang owners.

I'm the same way , just go man . There's car meets almost every week here in California. I hesitated the first time but then I decided to go, you don't even have to talk to anyone at first just drove around scope out the place . Park near another person with the same car as yours they'll probably say what's up.

man the fuck up you pussy cunt and go say hi.

christ you fucking neets are amazing.

>some idiot does a burnout even though they aren't allowed to
Yeah that's every car meet

where are you?

indiana

oh ok. you should probably just go though. you can always just leave whenever you want to

Just go see what's up. If it's cool then keep going and you might make a couple of car bros, if not then you'll know better and just forget about it

ok i'll go for like 20 min see and what happens

then come back here and tell us what happened. i need to live vicariously through you on friday.

Don't be afraid to sperg out their cars. That's what they're there for. But only do it in a good fashion; IE praising them and talking about how good they are. Don't talk about how shit people's cars are until you're in with the group, and they know you're either bringing the bantz or are smacking down a stuck-up dipshit talking an empty game.

tl;dr geek out but don't dweeb out.

At the meet nervous as fuck. Shaking
Why am I a pussy

Stop role playing pussy, take some pictures ask some questions about there cars

Let the people flow on by, focus on the cars. The people don't care who you are, all that matters is that you drive.

shaking? thats kinda odd. just walk around and look at cars. you dont even have to talk to anyone.

I took a pic. Took it of the garage. Very nervous I'd be seen doing it

Take more pictures of the cars. Act like you're supposed to be there, and you love what you're seeing. Talk about how much you like the cars if they ask you about it.

Nigger, I mean take pictures of the cars and of the owner is around tell him you like it, how much work have you done. Etc

Talked to one guy he seemed pretty chill

Alright now keep doing that, talk about cars with the other people who are there to talk about cars.
I believe in you user

I believe in you OP!

its easy to socialize once you do it once.

evansville?

bro talk to the owners. ask them what mods and ask how they like them, ask if they feel a difference in the mod or not. stop being a sperg

people want to see your car, faggot.

most people just wait until someone has done speaking so they can talk about themselves. don't be like those people and pretend you actually care about what people are saying and learn to be a good listener. even if you suck in all other aspects, this will make people want to be around you

i live more near our state cap

so i witnessed my first burnout in person. it was pretty cool

>that file name
I kek'd

some guy just asked me if i wanna race.
i agreed nervous as fuck.
he drives a focus rs am i gonna look like a tard
i've never pushed my car before
heres to nothing i guess

It is time

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

update

Kek... Why would you agree to race when you've never pushed your car? You're gonna end up in a guard rail

he ded?

sickest larp thread Ive seen in a while

Legendary first world problems. Daddy buys you a new car but you're too autistic to meet people. kill yourself

Best advice.
Any first time car meet thats the best option if you go alone

I think this nigga died

Or maybe he won the race and got some car meet pussy

>The best part about it was the faggot doing the burnout got his car towed and his bumper fell off while getting put on the flatbed because it's too #hellaflush
Lmfao

>be 18
>acquire new Challenger from daddy

Fuck right off.

This!
Ganbatte oni-san!

im alive.
once i was in my car i was far more confident. we both raced a couple miles down the highway going back in forth ahead of each other. then on then on the turn back i full on floored it all the way back.
at that point i was so full of adrenaline that i couldn't form full sentences..
bunch of people just talked to me at that point and told me that i should start coming by every friday and that there will probably be another meet saturday.
i think it went well

Gz

>Veeky Forums managed to help an autist get over the hump and get him socializing with his automotive bretheren

Today was a good day. Just keep at it, OP. The more you talk, the more you learn how to move in social circles, so the easier it get. Have fun going forward.

VERY wholesome thread

Nice I applaud you. Autism has a cure

i will thank you anons even the rude ones pushed me a bit

Congratulations. Now keep going to these meets as often as you can and talk with people, eventually you'll meet some new friends

Checked

This made my Saturday just a bit more Compfy

What a pleasant thread

I like this thread. Good for you, OP.

keep up the good job user, have fun as long you still can

Good job user.

Next step: Get a pussy with your car.

Autism has a cure, believe it!

Yeah I to say 3/4 of everyone there had a gf with them

Longer version of how it went down for those who are curious
>standing by my car reading the thread trying to get advice
>guy and his gf walk up to me
>"hey nice car man" he said
>"t-thanks man what do you drive?
>that focus right next to yours
>"oh yeah nice haha"
>"you know anyone here or anything?
>no I just like cars and wanted to meet other people who do
>"well you came to the right place. To break the ice we should race
>really" said
>yeah let's go" I looked at my phone then his gf ego was just staring at me
>"deep breath" ok let's dude it
> he explains they'll time us and told me the usually route they people race on
>in my car I was so much more at home
>we raced pretty much neck and neck I just have a stock v8 while he had a ecoboost
>come back and step out and everyone is talking to me now asking me questions and stuff
Didn't get home till 5 and I plan on showing up again tonight

sounds like a good time OP, congrats man

Jesus. I should try it! You inspire OP!!

checked and /thread

Holy 7s batman checked

Stop being a dingbat and just go. People will probably come up and talk to you and you can come up and talk to other people. It really isn't that hard.

And if it goes horrible you can always come back on Veeky Forums and whine about it.

>in like Flint

Good job, user. I would be too worried about cops to race. I don't have the money to deal with getting caught.

Did you even read the thread? Retard

Oh I was very worried. But I didn't want to lose my chance at making possible friends.

Fellow R/T owner here. Member of a rice club because they're the only non-dickheads I've met in Dallas.

Just go to the meet. Most of the people there are autists, anyways. You'll fit right in. Just show up and introduce yourself. Find the people that organize it and tell them you'd like to come out and be a part of it.

The scene is inviting if you find the right people. If they act like assholes, roll out and try a different one.

>spics
>riced civics
>faggots that don't really care about cars but own nice cars
that's what you get for living in worst state in the union.

Is this a real car interior? It looks so comfy.

What about it?

>actually going to car meets
>not being a lonely driver who spends every possible hour of every day rigorously researching everything he can about cars and going faster
>not reaching apotheosis entirely of your own volition
>not uploading your record times on the street to YouTube anonymously and becoming notorious
>not using ad revenue for more money to become even faster than before
>not inspiring a whole new car scene without ever having entered it, where retarded playground cliquey-ness and violence and degeneracy that consists of 99% of car culture is replaced by nothing more than the desire to be the fastest

Once I get my life in order I'll be attempting just that. American "Car culture" is a fucking shit show that I want no part of. All these niggers do is keep you from reaching your full potential

So, When's the next meet?

youtu.be/kUeRDn4ahsI

These are the type of car meets hosted in California aka Mexico

>go to my first car meet
>it’s in a Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot
>idiot in an AWD BMW tries to drift while leaving the meet
>understeers into a Toyota/Scion dealership
>the cops come
>everybody leaves

It was a pretty good night, haven’t been to another one since

I tip my fedora to you fine sir, good luck on your quest!

>apotheosis
Beautiful word usage.

Wtf man, this nibba dumb?

Thank you, fine anons!

No problem, it's all yours

Veeky Forums literally turned into reddit

next friday

comfy thread if you're telling the truth, gj user

you only realized this now?

>everyone in my secret club has to be mean >:(
Faggot this isn't /b/ get over your sperging