/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1077

Titan edition

News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Tyranny and Andromeda are out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (romance confirmed)
>Cyberpunk 2077 likely out before June 2019
>Bioware's new IP- Anthem, set for fall 2018
>Divinity Original Sin 2 coming out on September 14
>Dragon Age: Knight Errant #2 comic is out

Sales:
Inquisition GOTY PC $19.99

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
At the beach, knocking back a few cold ones with the Architect.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to watch something!
youtube.com/watch?v=HBxn56l9WcU

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_entry:_Moldy_Journal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the cutest Leliana!

Isabella's tits

Previous thread, because I'm a dumbass.

And Elven glory!

>Solas with hair
Why would you make me look at this with my very own eyes?

Fenris

Best elf

What is wrong with Solas having hair user? And Bioware may give him some hair in Dragon Age 4!

Considering Leliana and Morrigan have the same hairstyles after ten years I wouldn't hold my breath

>3 party members

Why is this allowed? I appreciate that Obsidian is bringing back 6 member parties but I can live with Dragon Age's four. 3 is fucking retarded.

But I like him bald. I couldn't imagine him any other way.

His bald look is too "famous" now, even Bioware made jokes about his "egg head" and they even made a shirt about it

The look of such important characters tend to be left as it is, because it's part of the reason why they are loved and appreciated in the first place.

Penris!

I see now why people praise his bald head. Sorry, Solas should remain bald!

First playthrough? You should post some screenshots if so.

Fenris!

Oh yes, playthrough screenshots! I will start with Pride!

You don't need to apologize, user.

Holy fuck, they've been really planning this since Origins like they said.

Probably means there are more hints in Inquisition we haven't noticed. Besides the obvious Tevinter ones, Jaws of Hakkon and Trespasser introduced the snake people.

And by Trespasser I mean The Descent.

You mean that journal, right? It dates back to before the fall of Arlathan (but during its siege) where a dwarven warrior describes "scaled people" who killed his father and his companions.

Some think they might be humans (the dwarf says they are as tall as "the humans from the Imperium") who drank dragon blood, because drinking too much dragon blood caused some Reavers to "grow scales".

There was also the guy from Jaws who wrote about snake people coming from the moon or something like that.

Don't forget all that talks about spirits and their birth, and Geldauran's claim in JoH (he was a Forgotten One, the other side of the elven pantheon). Plus the Titans in The Descent, slowly "reaching the dreams again" and connecting with the first dwarf after millennia.

I miss Justice. He was nice to have around before DA2 happened.

This girl sums it up best. Thedas is fucked.

The World of Thedas 2 is also filled with stuff, I think the last three points come from that book in fact. It might be hiding more between the lines.

It'd be wise to remember Bioware is likely to drop/never touch upon a few of these, at least not for a good while, like the Tirashan/Volca Sea/Amaranthine Sea stuff.

On that note I really wish we got to go to the Tirashan in Inquisition.

Me too. At least they gave us another great spirit friend in Inquisition.

>that image
I fucking love Dragon Age lore, man.

Hope they don't fuck DA4 up.

to

Well, the Tirashan might play an important role, especially if we are going to learn more about the Forgotten Ones/the elven pantheon in general. Those elves are considered heretics even by other Dalish, they steal blood from the humans, and are incredibly creepy and violent, according to the soldiers guarding the borders. Their perspective of the world and their own lore must be fucked up.

There is also another journal in Trespasser, by the way, hidden in a ruined tower. A man managed to cross the Volca Sea, but was caught in a storm and was saved by a "beast" controlled by an elf.

This elf, who lived in a tower, offered him a place to stay. When the elf said he was the last of his kind, the traveler pointed out that elves actually still lived in the south, but the elf said things were not the same anymore and then showed him an eluvian, part of his family since generations.

>dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_entry:_Moldy_Journal

So either this traveler met another ancient elf who was convinced he was alone in the world or a crazy modern elf who believed he was special because of his eluvian.

Penris!

>paragons are living dwarven gods
>they have the power to tip an election to their candidate of choice
>only one paragon is alive when you return to the assembly
>be dwarf noble with a legitimate claim to the throne and a paragon on your side
>can't become king/queen even though one of Orzammar's rulers went from casteless to king in one move
>but Alistair totally gets to be king

what did BioWare mean by this?

Because Alistair isn't the hero of the game who on occasion has to up and leave to go on a mysterious journey.

The Elves in the Tirashan forest are Ancient Elves, like the Sentinels from Mythal's Temple. If they are worshippers of the Forgotten Ones then something grim will happen.

Some user asked me about the theory, "the third party responsible for the Second Sin." They are the Forgotten Ones, Blighted Ancient Elves trapped in the Void, who spoke with the Magister Lords in their dreams to invade the Golden City. They are the source of the Blight.

But why would the Forgotten Ones want the magisters getting anywhere near the Evanuris? To try and kill them?

I want to drink her underboob sweat

I honestly don't know, their main objective was to spread the Taint in Thedas for some unknown purpose. Maybe to corrupt and destroy every last hibernating Old Dragon God?

As for the Evanuris, I think whatever magic is keeping them locked away is linked to the Veil. The Magisters could not have done anything to harm or save the Evanuris. The Magisterrs were kicked out of the Golden City as soon as they got blighted.

Yes! I love Cole, he's so sweet.

Cannot cuddle with you all at once!

Why is your entire party dead again?

I am too lazy to level them up and setup proper Tactics for each companion. No worries, my Cousland is immortal.

Well, that's good at least.

I thought your Cousland was Eternal.

Not so eternal against the Spectral High Dragon!

I am excited for a new blight, I find that to be the most interesting.

The Architect disagrees.

Well, to add to the good things:
>Fereldan and Orlais are generally united through the Inquisition, which is still powerful despite being drastically cut in size (assuming it is kept together), perhaps includes the wardens, seekers, and mages
>The "prophet" I guess of the Titans in Valta seems to look up to the inquisitor perhaps
>The Qun seem to be generally honorable, and if indeed a new blight is coming, I wonder if they will stop to fight it.
>Tevinter has a chance in political revolution, once again surrounding the inquisitor
>The warden is seeking a cure for the Calling, its possible he/she will find it

DA2 was useless in the grand scheme of things, but assuming the "best of" choices are made in DAI, this is what I come up with to help fight all that shit.

Wait, I thought the forgotten ones were the dragons

No, where did you get that information? The Forgotten Ones were leaders of the Rebel Elves that fought against the Evanuris, Solas was part of them too.

Wait, I got those confused. But still, it was the Old Gods who spoke in the dream of the magisters, whom took the form of dragons and are now sought after by the blighted people.

Ferelden and Orlais still harbor old hatreds, and Gaspard doesn't generally have much respect for Ferelden, worsening things if he becomes emperor.

Things "awakening" in DA is generally not a good sign. There's always something fishy behind it, and Valta's thing with the Titan will be no exception.

The Qun's ultimate interest is in subjugating the world to its ideology. Some may favor more diplomatic ways, but both the military and the spies seem pretty keen on becoming the Religion of Peaceā„¢.

Tevinter will be one of the biggest messes ever most likely.

Assuring the Warden's cure is achieved and their survival will likely involve a large sacrifice of some sort.

>Assuring the Warden's cure is achieved and their survival will likely involve a large sacrifice of some sort.
It's probably a little early to be building theories, but any ideas on that point?

I haven't played the games in forever, what is corrupted exactly the Qun? Is that from one of the Inquisition DLCs?

Nothing specific in mind, just a Hawke vs Warden ally type of deal but more extreme: let the former protagonist die (as well as any possible chance of the Grey Wardens not living on a death sentence) or have some other important character die/lose some essential piece to achieving a peaceful solution that cannot otherwise be achieved.

The Warden is dumb. You just need to kill all the Old Gods to cure the Calling, instead of spending 14 years looking for god knows what.

Yeah the Trespasser dlc. I am not sure what exactly she is talking about. Did she meant Solas wants to eliminate the Qunari who are attacking Thedas?

Nice concept art. Are those streams of lyrium?

>Some think they might be humans (the dwarf says they are as tall as "the humans from the Imperium") who drank dragon blood, because drinking too much dragon blood caused some Reavers to "grow scales".
Oh, shit. There are hits in the Elder Scrolls that Tsaesci did the same and than they become the Vampire Snake People.

Also, Thalmor's big plan is pretty similar with Solas'. The Elves think that Lorkhan (trickster god who tricked elven gods) lured them into the trap of mortality. They want to destroy the world and became immortal spirits what they were ones.

And Thedas also has two moons...

I think it's really strange concurrences.

>Implying the next blight isn't becuase the warden gathered all his/her warden friends and went down there, hence no communication
Would you go with your warden into the depths /dag/?

Ugh TES lore, even the developers don't care about it.

>t. David Gaider

They will deal with the alive Warden in the most disappointing way, you heard it here first. S/he would not find the Cure to the Calling either.

If Solas is anything to go by there's something else to the Blights and that just killing the Archdemons won't fix things.

Both series were heavily inspired LOTR which is where I think the whole 'elves used to be magic star spirits' or whatever came from.

What would be interesting is if the warden died fighting all the old ones, but was successful, but now with no calling a new chaotic blight caused by all the creatures in the deep roads, due to not having any reason to continue searching deeper.

Buzzcut Solas looks good.

Nearly all modern fantasy (especially games) are Tolkien/LOTR inspired.

That is a nice idea to deal with the Warden, but they have to let us play as the Warden. Killing all the Old Gods off camera would be a bad thing to do.

What I am curious about is that, if all the Old Gods die and the Calling dies with them, would the darkspawn become sentient or would they go mad and start attacking the surface world? If the latter happens, I think Thedas would dispatch every last darkspawn. With no Archdemon to lead them, the darkspawn army would be scattered. I think they would even start attacking each other.

I think Solas just wants to preserve the Old God souls, just like Mythal. He hates how the Wardens kill the Archdemons in desperation. The Ancient Elves used to worship these Old Gods, just like the Tevinter Imperium.

Solas is probably also worried about the potential fallout like you outlined earlier in your post. He seems to think the Blights are an inevitability, but at the same time is actively opposed to the Wardens' idea of ending them before they begin. The idea of the darkspawn overrunning the world after the Old Gods are all killed has come up before, so I'd assume that's what they're getting at.
>The Ancient Elves used to worship these Old Gods, just like the Tevinter Imperium.
user... no. Ancient elves worshipped the Evanuris.

I was going to ask about that because I don't remember them ever confirming the ancient elves worshiped the old gods. Solas seems to not even know what they really are, but he could've been lying.

I think it's more likely that the Imperium co-opted the elves' religion and reimagined it into Old God worship, not unlike Greek and Roman mythology. I do think there might be some connection there, though, as Solas specifically says there's no LORE connecting the Old Gods to the elven pantheon. For all we know they actually could be connected.

I think the same when it comes to the darkspawn, but having such a huge number plus perhaps some mothers (or even magisters) to control them, granted itll be many sects.

> no cute fanart of Cole and Justice together
it hurts

Why do you think Mythal wants to preserve the souls of these Old dragon Gods? Why did she actively tried to bring back dragons in Thedas? Maybe the Ancient Elves used to worship these dragons before the Evanuris came into power. We know some of the Ancient Elves could transform into dragons(though they were forbidden to do so),and the form was called "the Divine form".

Anyway, I don't have enough lore material to prove if the Ancient Elves worshipped the Old dragon Gods or not, yet.

I don't know what the Old Gods are, exactly, but I don't think ancient elves worshipped them. I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise at any rate.

Old dragons Gods are obviously enormous and cute Lelianas!

user.. user.. I NEED this..

I really want to know if the lore about ancient Vints getting contacted by dragons via their dreams is true and (hopefully) not the Evanuris.

Me too!

>Tfw no cute user to give you non-upscaled 8K Leliana images

Why would an Ancient Elf try to help a filthy Tevinter Mage whose people conquered the Ancient Elven empire? I know the Evanuris are cruel but still.

Someone had the theory in anothr thread that the Evanuris just wanted the fuck out of the Black City, and contacted the ones most likely to actually manage to breach the Fade - the magisters. Magisters manage, go into City, boom. Taint corruption from the City (who got it from the Evanuris, who got it from the Titans) overwhelms Magisters, ??? hurls them back to earth.

Also, if you're an Evanuris, taint corrupted, locked away, would you either help your enslaved people (who are pretty declined from what you know) to reach a position to help you or would you bet on the new horse in town?

That is an interesting theory, but why have they not tried to contact anyone else yet, to invade the Black City again? Why they all went silence after the First Blight started?

It is almost like whoever contacted the Magister Lords to invade the Golden City, only wanted to spread the taint in Thedas and that they did.

I don't think 8k is possible in this game

Where are the Evanuris? So corrupted theyre basically puddles? Serious question, Ive been wondering since playing origins

I want to smell her hair, user..

They're in the Black City. Not puddles, but they ARE probably corrupt enough to have taint oozing out of their eyeballs at this point.

No problem! The Nug Queen looks so pretty!

"They sleep, masked in a mirror, hiding, hurting, and to wake them.." - Cole

I don't know why people call the sparkledeer graceful, they're pretty fucking fat

They're way too easy to hit by accident in a skirmish. I try to avoid killing them as my Lavellan, but inevitably she happens to scrape one with Chain Lightning and I have to put it down because the rest of the party won't just leave it alone.

I always kill as many of them as I can because halla leather has decent stats

They are beautiful, look at their curvy horns. Elven warriors used to ride Hallas, so it is a good thing they are fat!

How could you as an Elf lover!

Fuck elves.

Hug all the cute Elves!

Gladly.

That thing kept crashing my game.

I can like elves without worshiping fat white Bambi