/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got hit
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/215170
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/446/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ranked from mild to whore:

Shira's Set
Sunless Set
Fire Keeper Set
Black Witch Set
Desert Sorceress Set
Antiquated Plain Set

Defiled chalice was fun. Everything before it was fluff.

Nobody cares, Luci

Nobody cares

Being salty is not the same as not caring. If you didn't care, you would not have replied, period.

Friede is the best boss in the game. Prove me wrong, but I already know you can't.

Yes, it is. A Crystal Chime at 40/40 Int/Fai will do more damage casting a Lightning Spear than a Yorshka's at 50 Faith. But once you hit 60 Faith or 60 Int, anything you do with CSS or Yorshka's will outdamage a Crystal Chime even at 45/45.

This is, of course, assuming all other things equal. Obviously if you're not wearing Sun's First Born with the Crystal Chime it's not going to do as much damage, but the option is there should you want to exercise it.

>doesn't get the flail
dumb ho

love these offtopic shitposts every time

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/215170
Any better greatshield to use for this?

Not even worth a (You)

Take Bloodborne arguments back to the Bloodborne general.

Actually, can you go back to the Tekken general? We enjoyed our break from you.

>>>/bbg/

There's no point in wearing heavy armor if you're not going to use a weapon with hyperarmor frames.

Your Endurance is complete dogshit for equipping a greatshield, enjoy being guardbroken.

You don't need to increase Attunement unless you're actually going to use more than one spell. Same for Intelligence beyond 10 if you're only going to use Magic Shield.

>black witch set
this is some good shit
witches are the best, too bad the mask is necessary for the dark damage buff

who /meanguy/ here?

for all your dumb ds3 questions

Getting into Dark Souls for the first time, playing the first game. Is there a recommended HD texture set? Preferably with a lot of 4k textures? I didn't see anything in the pastebin.

THIS IS THE CONCEIT OF _______________________

nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/446/

I don't really like it though. There's actually a lot of detail in the default textures that scale up pretty well, but it's there if you want it.

The base textures are actually really high resolution already. Use DSfix and just enable higher native resolution.

>Obviously if you're not wearing Sun's First Born with the Crystal Chime it's not going to do as much damage
That's the point.
It involves swapping multiple rings, investing more stats, sacrificing attunement slots and ultimately ending up with less power.
It's about at useful as Refined infusion, losing 10-15% of your damage output for muh diversity.

Damn son, its almost like I asked you to optimize my fun playthrough builid.
Endurance is just fine for my pve run through. I have the spell, catalyst equipped. Along with the att. and int to cast the spell. Of course I'm using it.

Just asking for a better looking GS with my heavy fashion.

>asking for advice on a PvE build
Unless your doing something REALLY stupid that's usually a pointless thing to do, since you can fuck up a build pretty bad and still be fine PvE

>generic dragonslayer axe twink
How original.

am I gay if this turns me on?

Better question to ask: does it matter?

I thought vicar Amelia is a chick?

No, you're just weird.

Very weird.

>Just asking for a better looking GS with my heavy fashion.

Im not after the build, I honestly dont know what youre reading.

You can hardswap as needed. Not every situation where you want to use the Crystal Chime is going to be in an honorabru duel where you need to constantly have your attention on the other guy over the course of a minute.

>finally get summoned as blue
>host dies as I spawn
Fun game.

is this gay?

Better question to ask: euthanasia when?

Dogs are boys, user.

I'm a different guy, just saying that asking for PvE advice in this, especially if its not for 2, is just going to get you "your build is shit redo everything"

Speaking of memes and Vigor.

I'm in it for the bullying, not the creativity user.

Although if you have something fun to suggest for that range, I'm all ears. Should be plenty of Steam sale people to catch over the next week or so.

It's funny seeing these summer /b/ posters getting banned lol.

tha's da gud shit

How can something like this turn you on?
Brain damage from loneliness, no social contacts, eternal virginity and making your parents wish they would have aborted you?

Ok this is driving me nuts nad i couldnt find shit about it:
How the FUCK do i activate steady chant on a right hand (right rectangle)-equipped staff?

15 hours on my SL45 invader character since the sale

107 pale tongues, 53 forked tongues

How am I doing?

Somebody down for the Grand Daily PS4 Dark Souls 3 Arena Brawl?

weapon art shield

two hand it

2 Handing it and then using the WA you dumb silly goose (piece of shit)

Press Y. Then press L2.

Getting turned on is a physical reaction to stimuli. If you see something enough your brain will associate it. Grow up with the internet and you can experience a lot of stuff and normalize anything. Doesn't have much to do with virginity or anything like that, some people are just into weird shit because at some point their brain associated a particular style, image, or idea with getting a boner.

Why would you use saints talisman over yorshkas chime?

You wouldn't Saint's Talisman is garbage. It's useful in like one scenario, when you're fighting against somebody using a small weapon who refuses to combo.

What the hell kinda boss fight was that?

That fight guy kept downing him every 2 seconds

Never

You would use the canvas talisman over Yorshka's chime if you needed poise though

Fantheory: Dark Souls has a lot of wolves because the name of the famous Austrian politician by the surname, "Adolf" translates directly to "wolf"

As someone who has severe arachnophobia, Brightstone Cove Tseldora is utter hell to play. Furthermore, since I've played vanilla DS2, now that I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin, there are now spiders where there were previously not spiders, and I have no idea what's coming next. Can anyone tell me of whatever changes they did to the area, mob placement wise?

>b-but why should I level health if I get killed in one hit?!?!

What year is it? This is some advanced memery right here.

The only people that think this are thirsty neckbeards who like her because muh waifu

In SotFS spiders will no longer attack you as long as you hold a torch. They become completely harmless.

Champion Gundyr is still a thing that exists. No flashy powers or cutscenes. No bullshit particle powers or 2cool4you dialogue. Just a good old-fashioned beatdown.

dam son

Why the fuck does it need to be one handed when you can activate it in offhand just fine? Thats retarded.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Also, fuck whoever thought that having the key-prompts displayed as controller buttons on PC when you dont even have a controller plugged in is OK.
Even more so whoever thought that "esc" should sometimes work and sometimes need the "two handing button" instead.

>one concord left until covenant completion
>every time I get summoned, host either dies or invader is killed before I finish spawning, or the connection fucks out

Really? Didnt know they gave different poise values. Guess Ill go kill Yorshka.

She is cute as fuck though

>that fight guy
Kys

>Canvas at 60 Faith
Stop spreading this shitty meme, you use regular Talisman if you need to poise cast at that level. Canvas is only good at 40 Faith and below.

If you use a torch, the spiders will run away from you.

You can also just never do brightstone cove. I don't know all the changes but if you want to avoid spiders, just skip the area. If you acquire 1m souls, then you don't need to fight the Duke's Dear Freja and you can open the shrine of winter anyway.

Nobody?
I would host a Fight Club too
But what about the BRAWLS PS4 BROS

So what I am hearing is that I should just use Yorshkas? Isnt talisman poise a meme anyway unless youre using it to heal?

If you bring Siegward, the fight becomes a glorified cutscene.

>So what I am hearing is that I should just use Yorshkas? Isnt talisman poise a meme anyway unless youre using it to heal?

You will change your mind the first time you cast lightning stake.

Point-blank miracles are extremely strong compared to ranged miracles, and the best way to hit with them is with talisman poise.

This, I also don't get people who say that people who get turned on by weird shit have to be virgin losers. It's as retarded as saying, idk, that everyone with depression has no job for instance.

I'm the armor fetish guy and I live a very ordinary life, I even have a partner.

Poise casting is useful if you're going to do shit like trade with Lightning Stake or need to get off a WoG near a ledge. It's just that Saint's Talisman is shit for that since it has so little poise that it can be staggered out of casting by fucking straight swords.

If you skip a Great Soul boss you won't get to meet Aldia right?

Bloodborne is still part of the Soulsborne franchise if not a souls game and can be discussed here.

Yeah you need to light all four primal bonfires for Aldia to appear.

Well, time to farm out 50 Loyce souls
Do the ones after you beat the kind de spawn?

>soulsborne
Not really, there's a general for it new friend. Quit shitting up the thread defending the stupid tripfag.

>Soulsborne franchise
no such thing exists though.

If you carry a torch spiders will see you from further away, but won't actually ever attack you since they refuse to come closer than a few feet.

Yes. That's why you farm then during the boss fight and then Feather out once the Oblivion Gate appears.

I'm not sure about that, I think if you don't light the four bonfires he still shows up in Undead Crypt, you just miss out on his first round of dialogue. Don't quote me on that however, I'm not positive.

In either case, brightstone cove with a torch is much nicer now, and all the spiders (including freja) are quite weak to fire.

Would a +1 darkhand at SL 30 be optimal for fighting dancer or do I need at least +2 ?

It has nothing to do with the stroyline of Dark Souls.
It is just by the same developer and has a similar gameplay.

+5 or bust, Slab that bitch.

No, you fucking retard, Dark Hand can't be reinforced. What you buy is exactly what you get.

>armor fetish guy
Hey handsome~

>partner
I take that means you're gay? I don't often hear non-homosexuals use the term "partner" when referring to a significant other.

meant that FAT* guy

So what do I do if I want to use poise at 60 faith then?

>umbasa
I rest my case.

>it has nothing to do with the storyline of Dark Souls
Neither does Demon's Souls.

The only people shitting up the thread were people who got mad at Luci for posting on-topic stuff about BB.

Ok thank you.

The drop rates are also much, much lower after you beat the boss. The best way to farm loyce souls are:

>1. Summon a bunch of friends during the boss fight, then aged feather or black crystal out before ivory king dies.
>2. If ivory king is dead, then get someone else to summon you with a white sign soapstone. Instead of lifegems, the charred lloyce knights will drop lloyce souls for you.
>3. If you aren't getting summoned, then burn a bonfire ascetic and repeat step 1.

Do it like that and you'll get 50 within a few hours. With 2 phantoms I was averaging 5-6 lloyce souls per attempt at teh boss.

Yes.
Honestly I'v discovered that it's easier to farm them after Ivory King is dead, although it needs more setup

Join CoC
Get enough faith for Great Heal
Get enough int for Repair
If you want to just go 30/30 and dark infuse any big weapon, UGSses with thrust attacks have an odd interaction with the charred loyce knights, if you connect with one then they will enter a guard break animation so you can do 2k+ damage from relative safety
Slap on dark/fire/sunlight/CMW for extra damage
Crown of the Iron King
Kill 3 knights, alt tab out for 2 mins, kill 3 knights repeat until you get 50 souls, quit out to main menu every now and then to reset spawn timers.

Basically the idea is to make yourself entire sufficient, the downtime between the waves is long enough so the Iron King Crown procs, giving you back at least 1 cast of every spell you have attuned, meaning you get to heal, repair and buff weapons with no real downside, it's also far less hectic than the pre ivory king fight.

Partner is common lingo when talking about friends-with-benefits or sexual partner but not a "girlfriend". Just means you have sex regularly but aren't in a committed relationship, usually.

It's also just a fuckin' word and dialects/vernacular can be weird, so who knows what he meant. "significant other" is uncommon in some places too.

If you have arachnophobia you're going to have a fun time with Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons.
>some Chalices have Chalice Witches that can summon a continuous stream of red phantom spiders that hit insanely hard
>the spiders summoned by the witches can start homing on you from half a level away

i just got invaded by some guy called Freemason!?!?... and he was able to teleport himself to me and crash my game when he attacked me

Was this one of those infamous soft banners i heard so much about?

Hello friend. That is a nice image indeed. Pic related is my current obsession. I decided to stop being a pussy and do a Griffith cosplay. Even sealed and painted, the foam armor feels totally wrong but I still spent a lot of time kissing and caressing it and even fapped with the gauntlets.

I'm bisexual but I'm currently dating a man, yes.

this method is only useful if you're playing offline and not good enough to farm the knights while ivory king is still alive.

Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demons Souls. Bloodborne is not a spiritual successor to Dark Souls. It jsut runs on the same game engine. You might as well include Armored Core 5 and Ninja Blade in that since they run on souls engines (either graphically or gameplay) also.

>inb4 the illuminati has now infiltrated dark souls