>be bong who passed test
>go looking for dream cars
>celica for £700
>prelude for £600
>mg zs for £550
>check insurance
>all over £4k

iktf lad
luckily when you get a few years of NCD you can get jap classics for cheap + cheap insurance.

>B U Y A M I N I
>U
>Y
>
>A
>
>M
>I
>N
>I

this
or get a bike instead

>awful cars
>expensive
Good shout, pay £8k for a FWD car to save £1k on insurance. You'd have to be retarded

what are you talking about?
you can get a decent one and insure it for half those prices (as long as where you live isn't infested with chavs)

>Good shout, pay £8k for a FWD car
its not any fwd car, its THE fwd car

>has never lived with one
Awful cars

>THE fwd car
>not built by honda
Haha ok kid

Make sure to get a SOHC hybrid too for extra tax reduction

Nah mate just buy a Cappuccino. Those things are so sound, rust free and mechanically reliable that I hear you can just buy them without even inspecting them first.

Where do you live that you can't get insurance for 1-2k for a first car? London?

It's that age old thing of thinking you're a good driver or otherwise too good for a normal first car like a Toyota Starlet or some other beige machine

Mx5 insurance is low
Any car insurance will be high for you though. If you can, drive your parents car for a couple years

Fellow Bong here.

You wont get insured on any decent car for your first year. Even at 23 I've paid a total of 4k for both of my cars combined. You;ll have to pick a shitter and stick with it. Insurance fucks us in bong land but once you're old enough you have a pretty good selection of cars to choose from.

1) drive without it
2) don't get caught
profit

this is stupid - plods have scanners on their cars that can check if a car is uninsured. also then you can't build up a no claims bonus.

the best way is to get it on a learners insurance or get your mum or dad to insure it so it won't get caught out. obviously if you get in an accident (quite likely) you're fucked.

Hello fellow bong. This was £1700 and I live in London. Fairly new car, insurance group 1, black box, absolutely as cheap as I could get it.

In five years I'm getting an EP3 Type R.

dude what
how old are you?

Adding to this, my mum was on my insurance as a secondary driver. I don't think she's ever caused an accident, so her mere presence got me a discount. She did once get a WRX estate written off but that was a T-bone by a lorry when she had right of way, so her record is clean.

Also learners insurance is good, it's cheaper than actual insurance but it requires the named adult to be in the car with you. Great way to practise driving on your provisional.

19, 18 when I had this insured.

FWD?
>not building a twini

As a Brazilian, I look at you folks being forced to insure even your old cars and I'm amazed, here we only need to pay like R$120(less than $50) a year to get a very basic Healthcare and damage to the city's infrastructure(lamp posts, etc...) covers.

We ultimately aren't forced by the state to buy insurance, though car theft rates are a concern here.

Make one of your parents be the main drivers and just point yourself as the secondary driver
> t. £500 for Ford Sportka when I was learning at 17

Ah right. I got mine at 20 (still 20) and I insured it for about 3k. Car itself was only 1k so overall not bad considering I'd rather get this than a 3k car with 1k insurance, and it's a lot of fun. Live in North London.

I don't think I could have afforded the insurance if I tried to get it at 18. Why don't you sell in a year or two and get something fun and cheap like an MR2 to offset the insurance cost? Instead of driving that for 6 more years? I mean, unless you like it that much.

Wew, more Veeky Forumstists in London than I thought.

Unrelated but my car passed its MOT this morning with no advisories for the first time, thought I'd just share that

I cart around enough people and stuff that I don't mind having it. It's a lovely car. I also don't fit in a lot of cars because of my hilariously long legs, so I'd have to swap out seats in older cars to get enough room and the insurers get pissy about it. Miata/MR2 with a bucket seat is on the shortlist though.

Are you guys interested in joining our little Brit/o/ slack chat? No underage or nocar pls, we have enough of those

Could do, havent used slack before tho.

>black box
>Up Exclamation Mark
kek
KEK
K E K
my second car with only 6 months experience and zero no claims is a 140bhp Fiesta and I got it insured for a grand with no cuck box

Where do you live lad? I'm paying the least of anyone I know. Also that's literally the only hatchback I can drive comfortably because it's setup like a minivan.

If you post an email address in this thread (10minutemail etc addresses are acceptable) you'll be sent an invite to that address

Near Derby in a pretty high crime area, especially car crime
How tall are you? I'm pushing 6'4 and my legs are slightly too long to heel and toe comfortably in mine but otherwise I fit fine

Slack is pretty easy to use, there's only a few things that need to be explained.

Insurance is a scam by the man to keep you down. It should be a tax if it's mandatory for everyone to buy, it shouldn't be cost prohibitive for people to own a car.

Yup

no shit Sherlock

Adding to this thread. My last car was a 1.6 206 and I insured it at my mums for about 750 for the year. Out of interest I did a quite using the same car a mile and bit up the road at my dad's address, they want 1k for the year. Robbery.
My next car is looking like a seat leon or golf tdi and that's gunna cost me around 1200 for the year.
It's crazy. They won't even insure me on any motor I could find where I actually live so I'm lying about where I live until a move in may. Joke is I work nights so my car is never at my address anyway

6'2 but my legs are disproportionate as hell. I've got longer legs than the 6'7 guy I know, it's obnoxious when it comes to cars. I tried about three dozen hatchbacks and I only fitted in this and the newest Mini.

>blackbox
That's a thing in Britbongistan? How cucked as a population do you have to be to accept something like this?

why the fuck is insurance so expensive in the UK? I pay $150 usd a month for 2 cars

Most don't use it, it's more for beginner drivers. Still cancerous, but it isn't universal.

Go with the Celica. I never regretted mine. Bitches loooooved it.

It's so when the youths ram their car off a bridge into a lake we can recover the bodies.

Youths. Mine will drop by 1/3rd next year easily, but new drivers get massively fucked over here. That's why we're all in cuckboxes.