How does a brand manage to fall so far?

How does a brand manage to fall so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoevolution.com/news/spyshots-2019-bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-is-a-fwd-sedan-believe-it-or-not-120696.html
bimmerfile.com/2017/10/19/next-generation-m3-m4-will-not-manual-transmissions/
autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/bmw-planning-more-driver-focused-gts-and-csl-models
youtube.com/watch?v=HAG2d9kNGUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>muh old times were better
fuck off.
All brands are changing or forced to change in a way.
M3 and M5 are still the lightest and fastest cars in their class so that's all what matters for BMW.

>old man doesn't like new thing

someone who refuses to ever drive a bimmer in a country where even v6 versions can be had for sub 2k here.
Bimmers are good. Problem is people pretend they're sportscars but they are not, unless stripped out and modded.
They're just german lexus.

>v6 versions
user, I...

>M3 and M5 are still the lightest and fastest cars in their class so that's all what matters for BMW
>t. doesn't understand the BMW brand

>muh feels

german lexus would be Mercedes.

The competition caught up.

Arab lead designer

>Mercedes.
Audi*

you mean downgraded volkswagen?
no

They market cars that sell to people. In theory BMW should be the perfect enthusiast brand because of I6 engines, RWD and a history of preferring manual gearboxes. Unfortunately chasing money has eroded that significantly

no audi is german hyundai
Except used hyundais devalue less

I don't care about bimmers enough to correct myself from this shit

If anything is right, since they're both owned by a massive company that also produces shitboxes.
Only difference is Toyota is actually good.

implying M cars are not the perfect enthusiast cars.

the fuck are you talking about

>shitbox brand: VW/Toyota
>luxury brand: Lexus/Audi
>some shared platforms between them, some higher-end models have their own platforms and engines

Only difference is VW a shit while Toyota actually makes decent cars.

M5 no, something like an M2 or 1M with a manual would be a brilliant enthusiast car though. Still some way short of an Exige or somehing but still great

good question

Global Rule #2

VW owns bugatti, Bently, Lamborghini and Porsche too dude. For your argument to be true literally all those companies have to suck because you don't think VW makes as good of cars as Toyota. You're an idiot.

Looks nice, though.

Besides porsche (and lamborghini sort of), all of those do suck. VAG cars are awful

>implying any of these brands have the reliability of a lexus while being boring as fuck

fuck off eurocucks

In what way? They still make fun l6 RWD cars, that's more than you can say for most manufacturers

This.
BMW is the only brand besides Porsche who still focuses on building fun drivers cars in this world of bland shitboxes

>still make fun l6 RWD cars
Only the M2, and most people are buying those with the slushmatic anyway, your average Veeky Forums-ist won't be able to buy a cheap manual M2 in 10 years, because there are none.

They are also making the 1/2 series platform FWD next year, and the M versions will likely use a Haldex-style AWD system. The current M5 is already AWD automatic only (not that I'm saying it needs a manual option, no car enthusiast is buying a 5000lb limo anyway), the next M3/4 are likely to be AWD automatics only too, potentially with a hybrid element (making them unfathomably expensive to own out of warranty). Probably they will introduce some retarded downsized engine too, they've even made the fucking 330i a 4 cylinder. The current I6 they have in the M3/4 sounds like total dog shit and has absolutely zero character due to it having a mountain of torque right from 1500RPM.

BMW is dead and buried in terms of making cars for people who actually like cars.

But user, BMW has never been an affordable brand.
Next M2 will still be RWD.
M3 is still a great car with the Competition package, it is widely agreed as the best drivers car in the segment.
Next M3 probably won't be AWD but it is possible that it will have some sort of hybrid system, it is inevitable for such cars.

>But user, BMW has never been an affordable brand.
From new, no, but used you can pick up a manual 3 litre E46 or E90 cheap as shit. You aren't going to be able to buy a cheap 3 litre manual BMW anymore in 10 years time.

>Next M2 will still be RWD.
No it won't.

autoevolution.com/news/spyshots-2019-bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-is-a-fwd-sedan-believe-it-or-not-120696.html

They are building the 1/2 series on the Mini platform, there's absolutely no way it's going to be RWD for the simple reason that it'll have a transverse mounted engine. They aren't going to build the M2 on an entirely different platform from the normal 2 series, not when they can just make it AWD with zero additional effort.

>M3 is still a great car with the Competition package
It's boring is what it is, an M3 has never been boring. The M4 doesn't look too bad, but the M3 looks fat and edgy, and the engine note is dogshit. I hate Mercedes but I'd take the current C63 AMG over an M3 any day of the week for the simple reason that you get a good sounding 4.0 V8 instead of a cuck sounding 3.0 I6.

>Next M3 probably won't be AWD
It will be, and it'll be automatic only, BMW have already said they don't sell any manual M3's or M4's so there's no point making them. They've become so fat and so fast that there's no real reason to buy them with a manual anyway. BMW typically shows off what the lower-rung cars will have by first putting them on the 5 and 7 series, the current 5 and 7 M cars are both AWD and automatic only.

>autoevolution.com/news/spyshots-2019-bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-is-a-fwd-sedan-believe-it-or-not-120696.html
That's not an M2, it's a sedan based on the 2 series active tourer MVP/Mini platform.
M2 uses a different RWD platform.
The M2 is selling so well and 40% of M2 sales are with manuals so BMW said they will keep making it RWD and manual.
Next gen M3/M4 may lose the manuals but they certainly will not be AWD.
bimmerfile.com/2017/10/19/next-generation-m3-m4-will-not-manual-transmissions/

>The M2 is selling so well and 40% of M2 sales are with manuals so BMW said they will keep making it RWD and manual

Ask Mitsubishi and Nissan lmao

>wrong.webm
But I am right.
BMW M vice president Dirk Hacker said it himself 3 days ago.
autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/bmw-planning-more-driver-focused-gts-and-csl-models

He was lying.

Also, the fact that they are putting the M3 engine in the M2 is proof they have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

>Also, the fact that they are putting the M3 engine in the M2 is proof they have absolutely no clue what they are doing.
>2017
>being a M3fag when you could be an M2fag

>he was lying
>using a different type of 3.0 litre inline 6 is bad
What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=HAG2d9kNGUY

>dude I want my M2 at idle to sound like I drained all the oil from a subaru boxer engine
>at full throttle I want it to sound like a hairdryer
>also I want it to go *BBBBRRRRAAAAPPP* when the DCT changes gears

Sad.

Are you retared? it all depends on the exhaust, both are inline 6 3 litre biturbo engines.
M3 with the Competition Package exhaust sounds pretty good.

>M3 with the Competition Package exhaust sounds pretty good

Shitty bait, that's the last (You) you're getting from me.

Because you've only watched youtube videos with the M3.
I've driven an M4 Competition convertible with the top down the exhaust sounds good in real life.
I've never seen a youtube video which shows how the M3/M4 truly sounds like.

>build M cars for homologation
>still use M cars for homologation reasons

stinger meme

literally a german brand now.

>be average Veeky Forumstist
>have deposit on M2

lol poorfags

VW doesn't work on any of those brands, VW group just owns them. VW and Audi have a working relationship like Lexus and Toyota because they're divisions of the same company, you fucking mongoloid.

the little ones are nice