What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on minivans?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on minivans?

No joke, I've kind of warmed up to the idea of getting one now that I'm older. I do Lyft and having a big comfy, easy to get in and out car would be good. And most of the ones I see tended to be loaded with nice features.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2005-toyota-sienna-le/6350240414.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Minivans are great and totally underated. They have cargo space for days and drive better than most SUVs IMO.

Also, the resale value on minivans is terrible so it's super easy to find clean used ones.

I have a 2002 Sienna XLE that I bought with 98k on the clock for 5k. I bought it several years ago and it has been crazy reliable. I have hauled 6 passengers comfortably, made dump runs with it, and carried insane amounts of cargo.

Fuck anyone that makes fun of minivans and fuck CUVs

Need a lot of room to chauffeur your bull around

Kinda think it'd be fun to make a sleeper minivan just for the lols.

for the utilitarian though they're ideal. Better mpgs than trucks while still having excellent storage capacity for most things you'd ever want to transport. Can get a hitch and two light stuff; I'd imagine they'd handle something like a motorcycle trailer well enough. most often reliable, and like mentioned already, can be had for cheap for what you get.

you can smoke half the cars on Veeky Forums at a stop light with a stock toyota sienna

A Kia Sedona has a 0-60 of 7.4 seconds. I had to drive one as a rental when it was the only vehicle left on the lot. I was pretty asshurt at first, but man that thing would haul and was comfy like nothing else I've ever driven.

The 2008s did it in 7.1 and a lot of those are still on the road.

you will not get any mpgs or comfort once you turn it into a sleeper, you know that right?

I do 6.5 or something in a 1 ton car and accelaration is what I'd describe "adequate".
It would be absolutely nothing without its ability to corner.

They are a very good 2nd car to have around as they serve many purposes. Just make sure it has some kind of stow n go system and no rust. They are cheap enough to find without any rust.

Yeah, they were two separate thoughts. The first was my own little idea, the second was an actual critique of stock minivans in general.

My Pontiac Montana was the best $1000 I ever spent.

minivans are great. lots of cargo room and comfy for any passenger. plus all the retarded soccer moms switched to SUVs.

>plus all the retarded soccer moms switched to SUVs.

Fucking this. Really appeals to my autistic contrarian nature.

Honestly I also think minivans>SUVs in general for many of the same reasons.

That said, I'm looking into buying a used one, so does anyone have any suggestions?

I used to think they were terrible because of muh stigma.

Rented a town and country for a week once and I was more than pleasantly surprised. I was converted.

I'd buy a minivan before and CuckUV

minivans are the shit. always ask to borrow my mom's when I go on road trips. Also amazing for lyft/uber. get something with automatic doors for extra brownie points.

dodge grand caravans have always been good to me. My dad owned five of em. 98 and 09 (his current dd) were the best years. The others (mostly early 2000s) were alright.

Thanks for your advice user, though based on my criteria, there are no dodge caravans around on my local craigslist. I kept getting pressured into getting a SUV in a dealership, so I was very put off by it.

>tfw no Honda Odyssey Si

god bless

What's his name?

Is the 2005 Toyota Sienna LE from the list actually good? Here is the actual listing.

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2005-toyota-sienna-le/6350240414.html

Thanks in advance.

mines a 2005 ce and its gud car
that price seems high tho

Yeah, seems a bit high from what I've checked, but it's probably worth a look.

Newer ones are better/more expensive...but it's all relative to income and how vain you are.

I do lyft too/toyota Camry XLE 2014, three people can squeeze in the back if they're thin enough.

I guess with the vans at least you make more money....if things are going right and the universe is grateful I'll make 20$ an hour and 80-90 a day/four-five hours.

They're useful if you have 4 kids.

I got myself a 2012 odyssey.
When you go about getting one make sure you get atleast a 2014.
It has keyless entry and start stop.

No regrets though. It's great!

I drive the mamavan (2016 Odyssey) quite a lot. Really like it, comfy and pretty easy to use around town.

Secretly KINO.

Pacifica is borderline luxury in base trim, a few more options and it is nicer than most lexus sedans. And it is able to haul 8x4 plywood sheets, or 8 people and get 30 highway MPGs.

Can confirm, own an '08 with the 3.5L and it will haul surprising amounts of ass from a stop, at least after half a second of nothing because it has the single laggiest, most awful fucking drive by wire system I've ever seen in a vehicle.

None at all? The Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan, the Chrysler Town & Country, and the earlier Plymouth Voyager are all the same vehicle, there's jillions of them out there and not being able to find ANY seems weird.

Try unchecking the 4WD box? Some Chrysler minivans came with AWD, but it's a somewhat rare option; there's nothing wrong with the FWD ones, they handle just like big cars instead of vans (which has always been a selling point for the Chrysler minivans).

Word of advice: all the Chrysler V6 engines in the minivans are good, both the 3.3 and 3.8 in the earlier ones and the Pentastar in the newer ones are all good, the 3.3/3.8 aren't the most powerful things in the world but torquey enough and will run for ages: the transmission is a known failure point (and even then that's a vehicle by vehicle thing), but the engine is gold. The Pentastar is good, can't speak for the new 4.0L V6 because I don't know anything about it. If you're going as old as the third gen, don't touch anything with the inline-4 unless it's the OLD old turbo-4 because the N/A i4 is a goddamn dog stock, and stay the FUCK away from anything with the Mitsubishi 3.0 V6.

>Be me, driving my Fox body rustang
>Having fun in the city with friends
>Ford Flex beside me at the stoplight
>Race to the next red light and beat him
>Doesn't matter if I beat him by an inch or a mile, winning is winning
>Light turns green, decided to do it again
>What the fuck
>This box on wheels just out accelerated me
>Literally two cars lengths half way to the next light
>I'm just coming to the end of second gear and he's piling on the brakes

Didn't know they made an Ecoboost Flex till that day. I've always wanted a Flex since then. They even look neat desu.

Wew a late reply, but ok.

Because I'm pretty sure I'm being memed by these 2 things:

>Muh SNOW! YOU HAVE TO GET A 4/A WD!
>You can't get a car that's more than 10 years old! It's NOT SAFE!

Both of these things probably aren't true, I'd bet. But if it wasn't for the 4WD thing, yes caravans does show up.

It's just my mom needs a 2nd car, and I was pressured into going various dealership with her looking at SUVs/CUVs. I just don't want to get cucked by their disgusting kikery. I feel kind of overwhelmed at the whole thing. Not to mention I don't feel like SUVs/CUVs are a good value, and buying the newest bangingest thing ISN'T the best option.

But nonetheless I really appreciate your help. I'll look further into it then.

You absolutely don't need AWD in the snow. Remember: more driven wheels can help you get unstuck, but will do nothing to help you _stop_, which is the kicker in bad weather. Snow tires will do way, way more than any drivetrain configuration. Also whoever said not to drive anything older than ten years, smack 'em; I daily a sixteen year old car running on a thirty year old platform and it's just as safe as I need, explodey-gas-tank-issues notwithstanding. You only start running into real safety issues when you start talking about cars twenty, thirty years old or more, the ones made of low-quality tin with nonexistent crumple zones or if you go older, the ones made of what looks like giant hunks of REAL MURRIKAN STEEL but the whole car folds like a soda can in an accident and you get impaled by the steering column, and even then there's lots of extremely safe older cars, i.e. Volvos.

Does she really need a second car, much less a minivan? What's her first car? What's she gonna be using it and the second car for? Do you have a living situation where you can tell her those requirements are stupid and not get kicked out?

Well, I figured out the snow vs 4wd thing before you even replied to me, since I did do a bit of search on that. Snow tires in general does a better job for that kind of situation based on what I've read.

As to your questions:

>Does she really need a second car, much less a minivan?
We only have 1 car atm, the previous 2nd car went caput. It's more of an issue for me, for example going to interviews.

>What's her first car?
What we have right now, which she uses atm.

>What's she gonna be using it and the second car for?
Mostly for herself and her usual travels, like her job, so I can drive our 1st car for my own use.

>Do you have a living situation where you can tell her those requirements are stupid and not get kicked out?
No, I don't think getting kicked out is the issue. The issue is we can't come to an agreement on what car to purchase.

Power tuning doesn't necessitate loss of comfort, unless you also ruin the suspension, gut the interior or install droning straight pipes.

Robert Paulson

Are you kept in a pink or steel belt?

Has she let you build your own shed yet?

Good luck with your wife and her bull

>He needs a motorcycle trailer

Topkek

>wife

Wew lad