/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB52)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?43857-Open-Beta-52-Patch-Notes-June-9th-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?45738-Open-Beta-53-Patch-Notes-June-28-2017
clips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to learn more about Fernando's backstory!

Threadly reminder Maeve is actually the cutest in the realm.

>All the balance changes we're doing this patch are for bad players and consoles
- HiRezPrettyHair

OP here. How the hell are you so fast? Like, the instant I clicked Refresh BOOM Fernandoposter has already blessed the thread.

Pretty sure it's a script.

This is Ying.
She is my wife.

I have been getting mean responses lately, insulting my loving wife. I have to ask you to stop being mean to her! These comments are unnecessary and upsetting, not to mention completely false as well.
My love for her surpasses the limits of this world, and every day I'm infinitely overjoyed to be able to hold her hand and lose myself in her beautiful eyes.

Wow, don't let reddit read this, they willbe so upset.
I'm not Fernandoposter, but I believe that love for Fernando quickens you.

Bad player here. It won't really help us either since the feel of everything will change so much.

I hang out in the Veeky Forums page with "paladins" in the search bar and hit refresh once and awhile. Frequency on hitting the refresh button depends on how intent I am on replying to the next thread - sometimes, admittedly, I can get sidetracked and I can be a little late. Not too complicated!

>Patch notes (OB52)
please

Thread was dying so didn't have the time to care. Here's the patch note though for anyone caring.
Open Beta 53 (OB53) Patch Notes
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?45738-Open-Beta-53-Patch-Notes-June-28-2017

Does anyone really use these?

>/palg/ Discord
>/palg/ ID List

Wasn't the discord not in the OP for a while?

Nope, I can't play as Lex.
I mean, fuck me and this erratic pulse of mine.

no no

Discord is mostly shitters but they don't seem like bad people form what I've seen. Isn't a point in playing together unless your elos are close though so the list is pretty much worthless.

Checking this out for since the hero pack is on sale and holy fuck everyone dies so fast. It is just because I'm new and playing with other new players or is the damage/health in this game balanced really oddly?

I've been trying to put my finger on it, and this is it.

Zhin is all about compensating for the fact that you fucked up. His default kit is pretty meh, but you can more or less fix much everything if you're careful with your card choices.

Out of position? Press F.
Losing a duel? Right click.
Low on health? Press Q.
Gotta kill someone? Press E.

He'll never be great, but he's a perfect choice when it comes to preventing yourself from getting styled on.

Nope, everyone just dies fast in this game. Next patch will make everyone die even faster. I'd say you should quit while you're ahead

you can do as I did first, play with tanks.
learn the ropes, get used to the speed and such
then start to experiment.

you can last quite long if you know what to do, because one second in the wrong place and you're dead but if you react on time you can escape re-group and try again.

Oh. I'm enjoying learning the game so far so I won't quit but it does seem odd.

At really low levels of play (i.e. people who are terrible or just started playing the game), it's not too uncommon to see people getting btfo in droves due to a combination of
>few if any frontlines or supports
>very little team cohesion
>people blindly bumrushing the center
>nobody avoiding point control skills
>ineffective use of mobility skills

The game has witnessed a steady decrease in TTK over the past 10 or so patches, but it's still not particularly fast compared to other titles.

Movement speed penalty while firing as Inara is the most retarded shit I've ever seen. She's still good but feels so clunky now.

It's not even just bumrushing the center, but taking turns doing it. If you all go in at once, you have a chance at clearing it, going in one at a time when there's 4 or 5 guys on the point is suicide.

eh, is a normal thing in shooters.
like, you are never expected to live more than 2 or less minutes in the field and then respawn.
you will get used to it.
also low waiting times keep you always running back into the action even after getting blown up.

The important thing is also that all that stuff happens automatically. You can technically apply the same formula to Evie, for example, but actually accomplishing any of it requires you to know what you're doing and follow up (with the exception of Ice Block, but even that can be screwed up).

With Zhin you just press the button.

Today I had a talk with my friend about importance of not taking deft hands every game. It was difficult, but it had to be done.
He's very stubborn so I low-key expect him to keep picking it when playing solo, but at least my conscience is clean now.

We all know someone like this, user, the most important is not let them face alone this problem

Do actually people pick deaf hands?
like the only character could benefit from it could be Buck since he needs to spam as much lead as possible

I see a lot of people who want to take it on Damba, but it's money that can be spent on something else.

Damba is a good choice for deft hands but his stunt works better if you empty the chamber before reloading. so you can spam reload each second for a meager stun or try to empty the chamber and then land a bigger stun

Doesn't it scales just the dmg?

It's still rare that it's the best choice. Even if you don't need caut, you'll probably be better off investing that in another level of chronos or something.

Definitely how I feel. If Deft Hands was 200/400/600 I think it could be justified for Damba, Buck, BK, and maybe even a few others. It's already bad enough to be wasting your red item slot when building caut is so important, but what's more that at the current price, anyone who's buying it is just needlessly wasting credits.

>It's already bad enough to be wasting your red item slot when building caut is so important, but what's more that at the current price, anyone who's buying it is just needlessly wasting credits.
I think they need to make it cheaper, even if just to make caut less of a must buy.

They do on lower elos/levels. That's why Torvald was nerfed.

Ugh, don't remind me
fucking shitters don't know the importance of wrecker. now my guy is pretty much useless
who is gonna be the next tank to fall? place your bets!

They should nerf Wrecker a bit and then make both it and Deft Hands only 200 credits per tier. I dunno why Hi Rez is so adamant when it comes to refusing to acknowledge the blatant supremacy of taking Cauterize in like 90% of situations.

someone post that martini quote about impactful choices

>"I dunno why Hi Rez is so adamant when it comes to refusing to acknowledge the blatant [fact]"

-- any player of any HiRez game, circa any year

If wrecker goes lower price, I'd like to see it as a 250/500/750 tier instead of going down to 200/400/600.

>who is gonna be the next tank to fall? place your bets!
Barik. Not because he's special or anything, he just has to be deleted from the game sometimes.

care to explain?

>he wasn't around when the first purge came
They removed barik because a game crashing bug related to picking him.

Whenever Hi-rez sees Barik being good and picked often they just like to nerf him to prevent that. Hell, Barik was once 'disabled' for few days. Literally deleted from the game.

Stop bullying Barik, I know he was overpowering in older versions but he didn't deserve this.

quality job here low-rez. you can't even make a carbon copy of engieneer without fucking it.

Is Ash thicc?

At war machine levels

I want to play and rush out my FWOTD but I've spent the day finishing up Saints Row 2 and now I'm working on the third, great games. Might be the first day I straight up didn't play a game of paladins in months, it feels pointless with the patch coming that is really going to flip the game on its head.

she's just fat

even better

What about 50/50 fat and tender meat?

>tfw no swimsuit skin where she still has the armor on

Strongfat is some crazy juju, user. You sure you want to head down that rabbithole?

I can't believe we only get two swimsuits, but I guess they gotta be able to milk this each summer. Assuming the game lives long enough.

just fat is wrong, she has some tight and firm ass

I don't know if they are just hardpressed on time for modelling or what, but two summer skins is on pathetic levels of bad.
I guess if they gave everyone a summer skin then what would happen next year? Could very well just be purposeful scarcity to not blow all designs on the game's first proper summer in OB. Assuming the game is even still alive one year from now.

It will, i paid for it

You better hope HiRez doesn't pull a HiRez and book it with the money.
I myself am not a Tribesfag, but you really can't just ignore things like that.
Then again, I feel like they hit a popular niche with Paladins, just as they did with Smite, which they haven't left to rot yet. Tribes had a ridiculously small and specific niche, so maybe it wasn't entirely HiRez's fault.

I understand, i fear the day the game will end, even if succeful and my money go away forever

I mean, we only got one full set for Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines. Two for summer doesn't seem quite so bad.

That's what they want you to think.
You already fell for it.

Its more you have limited resources, they release like 2-5 skins a patch

That would be true if not for the fact that all his shit can't be canceled and have a ton of recovery time. A bad Zhin player will spam his tools and get his ass styled on the moment his abilities end but a semi-competent one understands the concept of pressure and can force his opponents into making mistakes while getting away scot-free.

Nice try Tribesfag
Just accept that your niche game is dead and move on Jesus Christ.

Zhin is good.

How do I git gud with Cassie?

!skin

Press F

>roll
>shoot

that's literally it

Never miss a shot, having a 0s cd escape + 980dmg is the best thing a damager could ever ask for.

Also, WHEN WILL THEY FUCKING FIZ SHIN'S COUNTER SFX? IT'S NOT INTUITIVE LIKE REVERSAL.

Damn, that's some nice booty.

Get loadout with Incitement and then roll forever.

>when enemy team didnt know what hit them

>12 min match
It was a one sided game, no need to masturbate over it.

I enabled all of it, ofc i will

Snekbro here, try doing it with a support @ +3k elo.

Forgot my pic

This one was against a 5stack

clips twitch tv/DignifiedPuzzledBatteryBuddhaBar
Okay, but this shit looks suspicious as fuck.

>7237 ▶
>clips twitch tv/DignifiedPuzzledBatteryBuddhaBar
>Okay, but this shit looks suspicious as fuck.
what am i supposed to be looking at

Not that user but i guess his aim snapping to the left to that guy at the top

He's kind of snapping at players he doesn't see, from Drogoz he could see to hidden Andro and Ruckus.

yeah i see now. especially that they're BEHIND THE WALL and his xhair is on them perfectly

Sometimes I try to get the angle before I actually peek, and if I'm using Viktor or Tyra I tend to prefire, may explain the sudden snap against Andro because the door is right there, but I can't really explain the movement towards the Ruckus.
Weird shit

Ok, after watching the video again, he snaps back to Andro for a second time right after he starts floating.
That's clearly not right, someone should check on him.

It would be good if there was a way to check whether he was doing this throughout or not, though it could just be coincidence and gamesense. The Drogoz was near the opening on the wall around the cathedral, which can be seen without wallhack. Bugzy was just juking around that wall. The snapping towards Andro feel a bit unnatural, though Sephicloud was right in front of the cathedral, the Barik, so maybe it's just his teammate telling him to snap there. He misses plenty of shots throughout. He misses a dodge shot right after the clip above as well.

Aimbot can turned on and off manually so it's really hard to determine whether he was doing some weird shit or not.

>tfw Rank 10 Grover
>tfw about 5m exp left to 20
I wish there was a MGE like mode for Paladins.

Just please don't end up like that user that disappeared right after he was about to get lvl 20 on Grohk.

He must have had a heart attack before the last match to 20

Any way to get crystals for free aside from Dailies and Tryhard?

I think they have a chance to drop along with those new skins when they stream tournaments.

>We want to make sure that every item has impact. It's an interesting nuance, in that while Wrecker and Cauterize are exceptionally powerful, it works. If you reduce Cauterize and Wrecker, and reduce all the shields and healing to compensate, the choice is less impactful. We're definitely looking at it, and it may change in the future, but we're happy with where it is, now.

I would probably get flamed for this, but if that's what they are going for, instead of nerfing Caut/Wrecker, they should look into buffing/reworking other items instead. If so, then other items would have worth and would work into the consideration of what to buy, while it also makes buying items feel more impactful.
Like, for example, for Red Items, maybe buff Bulldozer to instead of doing 25/50/75% damage to deployables make it 50/100/150% instead. Even at Bulldozer 2 I still have troubles breaking Inara's wall as Sha'Lin before the wall just collapses on its own. The item is just not impactful.
Deft Hands, it is a powerful card but the 400/800/1200 price gives it no reason to be picked over Caut/Wrecker. How about it is changed to 200/400/600 or 250/500/750 instead, or completely reworking it to be something like "Multiplicatively bypass 30/60/90% of opponent's damage reduction." That way, with this card at level 3 you could potentially counter Haven/BS 3, Mother's Grace Inara or Flux Generator Ruckus. Just some ideas being thrown around.

I wouldn't be surprised if deft hands gets another rework, after they saw aggression fucking sucked they scrapped and replaced it so hopefully the same happens to deft hands
the only good situations for deft hands I can think of are on buck and mal'damba for more consistent damage and for memes respectively and even then cauterize is still buck's best option and it's usually better to pick whatever the team needs more like wrecker or bulldozer on mal'damba

I don't even know if I enjoy this game anymore

Play Battleborn.

You want to make him miss this game user, not kill himself.