/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>the result edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Prelude Si
youtube.com/watch?v=MH32Cseo928

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=mpMg1upld0w

>Touge Drift
youtu.be/-mqXXqB7SBQ?t=3m25s

>Civic Si
youtube.com/watch?v=g3FALnoY2Fk

>Got squeak?
youtube.com/watch?v=AEUe6uKxTv8

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu951OWZ2E
youtu.be/oWtBdAy0PPU
carbuzz.com/news/2016/11/16/We-Spoke-To-Honda-At-LA-And-Discovered-The-Prelude-May-Not-Stay-Dead-7736474/
amazon.com/dp/B01LY91ING/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fFb7zb30WJ2ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=dUdyzeea0eA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=BUQlfyl7chU&feature=youtu.be
honda.co.jp/S660/
passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Shift-Lever-Extension-10x15mm-Thread-Pitch-P8540C1745.aspx
capecod.craigslist.org/cto/d/civic-ep3-si/6353297306.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SxYsdseCmZw
ebay.com/i/270899900848?chn=ps&dispItem=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice, I love this fast bred creation.

>How does the collage work?
See pic related

alternator is old and crusty. also, everything's wet with oil! i think that might be from a spill i made, though. hopefully.

>Alternator as rust on it
That's the most Canadian thing I've seen.

Really hoping we can get a honda with a detuned NA version of that timing chain V6.

The one in the NSX?

Yup, they shit canned the J35 for a turbo K, but I like big motors.

>torque bolt
>flaky crunch noise

Just kill Acura already, who the fuck is in charge of approving these noses?

I stopped liking acura when they started making them where them in Ohio, they avoid shipping costs but the price of the cars is still high.

i like the nose but i'm not really sure why acura exists nowadays. we all know hondas are good, and people would still buy acura if they were just honda, i don't know why they wouldn't. if acura actually started producing shit in RWD, cars that weren't just honda rebadges, etc, then i could understand the brand.

Pic related was the best grille. The TL and TSX looked similar but they looked so good. They're the best looking sedans ever built imo

That body line on the doors and quarter just makes it for me. 270hp was a shit ton then and I'd love me an a-spec now.

Uh-oh, my pizza deliveries have a blown head gasket.

Got some shit done today.

>Got my Si seats in for good, lowered and comfy
>Nakamoto drilled and slotted rotors with brake pads

Now I'm being awkward at a smol meet.

Jackson Racing supercharged B18C1. Bretty sweet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu951OWZ2E

TILL IT DIES
did you get new pads?

Yep same brand brake pads. I'll get a daytime pic tomorrow. My driver rear piston was seized hard but my buddy had a spare. It's blue though so I'll be painting all of them soon. Maybe yellow? Looks sweet on this Supra.

>Got my Si seats in for good
pics?

>I am box

Few simple mods

These look pretty good. Got the whole kit of rotors and pads for $50.

Will paint them all eventually. Lel

Is that video at the top of the thread really you in your civic? What did you use to film and get the kind of audio?

youtu.be/oWtBdAy0PPU

This one? Just recorded with my LG V20 phone. They're built for good audio and video. Got a V30 now so if I do any more videos it should be even better.

Yes exactly. Do you have a mount for your phone? I've been wanting to do a video like yours for a while but don't have gopros.

flex pipe has been wrapped, got rid of some kazoo rattle, just leaves the terrible muffler rust sound
>who would win; one of the most complex organisms of the human body, or some prickly bois

also, my dads rechargeable snap on shop light on torch function vs my chinese amazon 'cree' light

Ummmm fellas

carbuzz.com/news/2016/11/16/We-Spoke-To-Honda-At-LA-And-Discovered-The-Prelude-May-Not-Stay-Dead-7736474/

amazon.com/dp/B01LY91ING/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fFb7zb30WJ2ZE

Probably one of the best mounts you can get. It's super steady even in my stiff suspension car. I'm in the same boat and too broke and Jew to get a GoPro. Kek

also some vids for sound

youtube.com/watch?v=dUdyzeea0eA&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=BUQlfyl7chU&feature=youtu.be
>mfw i have go from noob to replacing DW struts/springs and dealing with vacuum line spaghetti within this week

>Nov 2016

Though since they dropped the Accord coupe, there's an empty space for a midsize coupe that the Prelude could fill.

i dont trust this website, on what grounds would they have to make such a claim?
also some articles are titled strangely

Smol article. Here's the main point.

>At the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show we spoke to Rob Keough, senior product planner for the Civic. After our interview wrapped we mentioned offhand how awesome it would be if the Prelude were revived. According to him there have been “hallway conversations” within Honda about reviving the Prelude.

small talk wont mean anything if hondas been downsizing. I find it's just to create buzz around honda as a whole, rather than exactly the prelude

Yeah the Japanese brands love to tease shit nowadays. Probably another never ever thing.

>mfw looking for CM5s
>agreeable ones between 2.5-5K CAD
looks like 3K for a 4dr grandma mobile isnt bad, considering 5MT
>find 6MT TLs 4-6K
oh shiet son

>>who would win; one of the most complex organisms of the human body, or some prickly bois
What did he mean by this?

wear eye protection

Clicking around in this is /comfy/.

honda.co.jp/S660/

What torque mounts do I get? My tranny is shifting around bad after the swap because I didn't get any.

passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Shift-Lever-Extension-10x15mm-Thread-Pitch-P8540C1745.aspx

This could be just what I need to make the shifter more comfy. Stretching my arm out quite a bit right now even with the modified Si seats. Nothing can get as low as the Del Sol seats were.

>have a 05 Civic EX-SP going to hit 200k miles
>want to get a 17 Civic Hatchback Sport
>15 Civic Si is the same price but also comes in a color that isn't generic as fuck

They're are roughly the same price, albeit the Si has 20k miles on it. Which is the better choice here?

From the various videos I've seen, the 10th gen non Si is faster than the 9th gen Si. Depends on what you want though. High revving naturally aspirated K series or a turbo? Though I bet a turbo 9th gen would be sweet.

>the 10th gen non Si is faster than the 9th gen Si

That is a real shame, and a few of the videos I've seen show that its a significant difference in speed too. Guess I'll just have to look into wraps or something after getting a gen 10 because I hate the default generic color choices they have available for the hatchback sports. Hell, the only color that is halfway decent is the green one that is only on base models, and NOT on the hatch vers.

Hey Veeky Forums I have an EH Civic hatch, was wondering what coilovers do you recommend?
pic related my car

did you stop dailying/sell the hatch shingu? i used to lurk a lot, but i haven't been back in a while.

KYB
Ground Control

sidenote, hawk low dust pads for maximum meme

Probably going to pick up a 2000 Integra LS with the non-VTEK engine in a few hours. What can I expect from this car in terms of fun/practicality for dailying?

Nice car, that duckbill adds so much to it, kinda want one myself.

It really does, without it I feel it would be naked. Almost like the AW11 without the smol wing it has.

I got it for like 1500, it has 240k on the chasis though :/

I've been trying to get an si but anything newer than 2007 is way outside my price range and I don't want to deal with another rustbucket again. I did see one ad, but I don't feel like taking over someone's old project - this will be for a daily driver. At this rate I might get a BMW.

capecod.craigslist.org/cto/d/civic-ep3-si/6353297306.html

Have you tried looking a bit further then areas that are close to you?

Again this is for a daily driver after totaling a 5thgen-prelude. If its anything more than 50 miles then I'll be struggling to get friends to drive me for 4 hours back and forth just to see the damn car.

Another option: lease or finance a FK7

Ones from vatozone

No, hatch-sempai is still kicking. He did put a black tailgate on it, though.
I think I remember him saying he was gonna resell it.

Fun for a daily driver you'll find the 2 door impractical if you have more than 2 passengers

Reshell*

Yep. Not really worth selling it anyway, I think. I enjoy it more and more as time goes on.

ayy lmao. i plan on picking up either a regular cheap ass 5th gen civic, or a del soul. also looking out for an ej8 in black or some shit, since it's the only 6th gen i actually like the look of.

Noice. They're all literally the same car underneath so it's all about looks at that point.

Prelude user here. After doing pretty much nothing to the car, including not changing the main relay, I decided to try and start it for shits and giggles, and by some miracle, it did. Now, I had to keep my foot on the gas for a bit because it would start to peter out if the rpm's got below 1000. After the car warmed up for a bit, I could lift my foot off the gas and it would still run.

No idea why it decided to start today. Any guesses?

When I got my car, it ran like ass below 2000 rpm. Turned out to be the MAP sensor.

Also consider the IACV. It's responsible for feeding air into the engine while the throttle body is closed.

QUIT PLAYING WITH YOUR HONDA DICKS AND BUMP THE FUCKING THREAD EVERY ONCE IN A FUCKING WHILE

Hmm I did pull the dizzy to change an O ring yesterday....

Calm down my guy, these threads rarely ever die without reaching bump limit.

holy fuck these look hot as fuck
what are those?

Anyone know if this is real or some fake Halloween gag

Does anyone here know if a b20 will bolt into a 5 speed regular 94 civic where a d16 used to sit? there's a 500$ civic on craigslist that has what i assume is a blown motor, and i'd like to know how bolt in b20's are before i just get an old d16.

Do sixth generation Civics have soft brakes compared to the seventh generation?

>they found his head in the back seat

going lots tomorrow for the currr
promise not to shit the thread up too much

Why would anyone destroy a S2000 just for a gag tho

Honda is gay

The CVCC is a cute tho.

gay

>homosexual general

Just dumping honda photos

Feeling that quintessential 80s

youtube.com/watch?v=SxYsdseCmZw

>a fucking Veloster took my favorite spot

REEEEEE

helping the koreans in their war was a mistake

ebay.com/i/270899900848?chn=ps&dispItem=1

It depends but newer car brakes are typically more sensitive/hard.

>Tfw driving a ninth gen first time

Nigga I about smashed my head on the steering wheel.

Such a goofy ass car.

>Three door
>The third door doesn't even suicide like the RX-8 so it's useless and tiny

>tfw try to brake boost a sonic
locked up everyone's belts, luckily no one was behind me