/ARMS/ arms general

Previous thread:
>NEWS
- Version 1.1 is out.
support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34521
>LAN-mode added. While pressing the left stick, press L+R on the main menu to switch to LAN-mode
>Arena-mode, basically like ranked-mode, supports spectators
>Kid Cobra & Byte&Bark fixes for the sliding boards
>Fix for the ribbon-girl stage where some arms didn't properly hit the boxes
>Text-fix for the story-mode
- Max Brass will be the first DLC fighter and will be available some time in july!

Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes :docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game and some news): twitter.com/ARMS_CobutterARMS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YdeAGcrkO_Q
strawpoll.me/13288221
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Min min for the win win!

Reposting

R8 my loadouts, suggest better ones

Minmin: megaton/hydra/dragon

Mummy: megaton/firebird/revolver

>get on ranked
>all of these retarded throw spammers who refuse to learn after I punish them for an entire round

I hate these fucks.

>Put in the mode I wanted
>for local or friends only
Well, time to be social i guess

youve always got us

Veeky Forums is my only friend, fucking faggots.

>Not doing so well with my mains recently
>Try out wiggly man for the hell of it
>Lose on Grand Prix 4 against Hedlok
How the hell do people go from stretch form to puddle form nigh-instantly?

For me at least, dual blorbs was the key against hedlok

I just unlocked ranked mode. Why do people say it's nearly impossible to beat Grand Prix 4? It wasn't easy but it's not like you can't ever hit the enemy. I didn't even lose any non-fighting match set in it.

Hell, I was using Spring Man with his default ARMS and color.

What do you do about punch spammers like me?

We're bad at the game. I went in immediately after the tutorial. And proceeded to lose 4 times before beating AI Ribbon Girl.

We're not used to losing games against AI on Normal Mode. Winning one out of 5 games via trial and error makes the mode seem difficult.

Helicopter rides

dodge and punish. If you're spamming punches, then both of your arms would be out, leaving you wide open and vulnerable.

I've seen several rank 10's wielding blorbs now that aren't Helix.

Have people learned something I don't know?

restricted vision is bad

Heavy arms are the way to go to beat buff/bubb spam. Sub in the umbrella if you run into hydras or any multishot.

Gentlemen, how do we fix Byte and Barq?

I guess the obvious thing to start with is to make triggering the super jump more reliable.

Kill Barq.

How about Barq adopting Byte's right arm for his own personal one, instead of a weakened Toaster?

make barq move faster when positioning himself under byte

increase the duration of the reflect

allow byte to jump back on barq after a super jump

>just beat gp on level 5 with Mechanica
>was stalled on ribbon girl for an hour

I-I'm not sure I'm gonna make it bros.

I had a lot of trouble with gp day one but when I went back recently I did a lot better and had almost no trouble
You'll be fine

Anyone on the google doc from aus? how good is the connection if you try to play with the US players?
Gonna add everyone I can and hopefully my connection is fine if I try to join any lobbies.

You can already do the last one. Just keep holding jump.

Add a timer to the back of Barq's head so you know how much time is left for his timed punches.

Helix's GP victory screen is cute!

Though I am a little weirded out that he has teeth.

Swimsuit costume DLC when?

Speaking of DLC, who is going to get amiibos? other than springman

Hopefully all of them but probably just spring man and ribbon girl.

I think I overestimated how different all the characters are. Besides the two heavies and Helix, most of the other ones fee pretty similar.

The arms seem to make the biggest difference. There is tons of variety there.

Also, what kind of foreigner is Twintelle?

She's French.

I think.

spring man is american
ribbon girl is british? not sure on her
ninjara is japanese
master mummy is egyptian
min min is chinese
mechanica is japanese
twintelle is french
helix is one wobbly dude
barq and byte are robots (pacific islander?)
kid cobra is american?

i think that's it

>Mechanica
>Japanese
Nigga she's a BR

I thought Min Min was japanese

>ramen
>japanese

Naw man ching chong

She speaks Chinese when she wins.

Twintelle is a THICC LATINA from French Guyana

I can't connect to other users consoles on this wifi
What's the fastest way to farm coin offline

Ranked in the morning is pretty shit, connected to the same guy now 5 times in a row.

Grand Prix. Choose your favorite character, set difficulty to 1, blow through it all. You get a paltry sum per runthrough, but it does stack up nicely over time.

Then again, I think you'd be better off playing difficulties to make you better over time, so when you CAN connect online, you can kick peoples' asses. Unless you don't mind being dishonest.

If it was Splatoon, there'd be variety even at this time. Is this game already dead?

Speaking of Splatoon, what does /ARMS/ think of /ink/?

Splatoon is a shooter with kid squids
ARMS is a new fighting game with a decently high learning curve on a system that's generally sold out most everywhere
It's gonna have a natural lower userbase, that's how fighting games work.

Is the new shitter fad ice gloves? Last week it was Kid Cobra and double lasers. I wonder what e-celeb is recommending those weapons.

Current shitty spam is hydra

No, it isn't, it's just that no one seems to play ranked. If you get to the higher levels it becomes tedious trying to find matches. It's like waiting for summons in DS. I wish I had waited a bit with the game, seeing as it already dropped to €45 on my local amazon.

And Bubbs.

I hung out there starting day one but eventually stopped coming around. I hear I left at a good time though before all the discord faggotry stated
I miss vectorfriend

How the fuck do I get good with Mechanica? I try to play defensively but anytime I take any kind of offense the enemy weaves a hit into my giant hitbox.

Mostly running Revolver/Sparky + Megawatt/Whammer

Almost never stop using your jets

>charged cracker does 140 damage

I fucking hate Min Mins that run double Crackers. It's like getting repeatedly branded with a cattle prod.

I have never played any other character but Mechanica and I usually float around until someone tries to punch me and in the last moment jump to the left or right and try to get one hit in. Never have two arms out. If you play against agile characters wait until they try to hit you and then attack as they are about to go down. Always keep your distance because if you get too close you lose. I always play aggressive.

Versus mode, V-Ball against a lvl 6 Helix who only has guardians. Takes about 30 seconds to win every round and you get 3 coins for winning. The AI has no idea how to use gardians and willl constantly fuck up.

Ribbon Girl's American, B&B are British Robots, and Cobra is South American

I will never buy digital again in my life.

Twintelle is French you can tell by her skin color

>Before testpunches start, plan on maining Mummy since I'm a fan of BULKY BRUISERS and GIRTHY GRAPPLERS
>First testpunch starts, play Spring Man with double Toasters to learn the ropes of the game
>Suck
>Play more testpunches as Spring Man
>Suck less but still lose overall
>Game is released
>Play Spring Man again to get the fine details of how to play, as well as character traits
>Start winning games
>Play through GP with Spring Man first
>Unlocked Ranked, though Hedlok was still a bitch to fight
>Now Rank 7 with Spring Man alone
>Mummy is crying in his grave

So this is the price of honesty. You disregard the character you wanted to main from the start, but you win because you like giving and receiving fair fights.

>double perfected some rank 8 mummy by spamming hydra

Dude sorry I just wanted try it out for once

How do I add myself to the spreadsheet? I don't have permission to write.

Learn how to cooperate with your dimunitive partner.
youtu.be/YdeAGcrkO_Q

the survey link is how I added mine

Yay it worked. The wonders of technology

What happens if you play the arms minigame after having all arms upgraded on every character? Does anyone know? Do you just get nothing?

>lvl 7 AI Kid Cobra with Twin Hydra
>plays it extremely passive and gets rekt

It's the complete opposite of everyone playing him online.

Motion Controls or controller, Veeky Forums?
strawpoll.me/13288221
I'm getting really pissed off with the motion controls because they're finicky at times and I get my curves to read right or I accidentally do a grab

Also, I can't beat anything on level 7, Am I just shit-tier at this game?

I'm gonna have to switch to motion controls cause the joycon grip is making my right hand hurt something fierce. I dunno what the fuck is going on, this has never happened before. But it sucks.

Motion controls technically gives you more options because you can more easily throw 2 differently curved arms and can make wider grabs, yet I find playing with the pro controler more fun. You can punch much faster with it than you can with motion controls, which is nice if you play super aggresive.

I just got done doing honest springman on lv 7 grand prix. Make sure your motion controls are calibrated, and that your punches are more like flicks and less like jabs. Those will prevent your arm from rotating as intended during a more extended 'punch' and allows you to retain control over lobbing shots or hooks with less delay.

I presume it'd just be for score.

Though I'd keep my coins for the DLC characters and arms when they come out.

Level 7 is legit. It isn't like other games where you have to pick the hardest difficulty for any challenge.

Motion controls have a higher learning curve but a higher skill ceiling as well due to better ARMS control.

Kid Cobra seems to be speaking English at times. I took him for a West Coaster due to his whole skateboard thing.

I legit think Byte & Barq are as solid as Springman and Min Min.

Level 7 AI plays like people who know how to punish and predict your actions since they literally read your inputs and react to them. They're very good to fight against if you want to learn your weaknesses and how to counter meme builds.

>that bubbly, yet determined attitude
>that profile
>those victory animations
>that goofy looking suit
Ugh, Mechanica is too cute, and it's killing me.

Also, her theme is fucking great, and I can't stop listening to it.

>tfw Mechanica will never be your daughter
Dammit, it's not fair!

One thing though, why a mech suit? I mean, I suppose she probably lacks the medical ability required for cybernetics, but it's weird they'd let her compete while essentially wearing armor.

just release jump and you auto puddle, where you can then hold dash to stay
Make sure you don't push dash in mid-air or you'll do the slowest air dash ever

Holy fug the lvl 7 AI is so bad at hoops.

She scalped Springman

>>tfw Mechanica will never be your daughter
That's okay, because she's my wife instead!

>wants ARMS to become an esport
>lets all characters have access to all ARMS

how does one deal with explosive arms
if i try to block then dash the explosion gets me, if i dodge it the explosion also gets me, if i punch it also explodes

should i just get a heavy arm to block all that shit?

Would have been cool if every character had their own unique pool of arms that only they could use.

Block, wait a second before dashing.

Dash back after blocking, or just block the explosion. Or punch the arm down before it gets close to you, with a medium or heavy arm. Also hitting their arms while they are charged will cause it to explode on them, even if they haven't punched yet. If you see a Minmin with Seekie on left arm, any tap to that dragon arm will make them shock themselves.

Get close, opponent won't dare to punch you with their explosive arms, because they'd suffer damage too.

>no r8s
>no suggestions
ded game

what the

>explosive arms
If you're at a long enough range that they've been fired at you, block, block the explosion, then dodge closer

Once you're in just start spamming away, there'll be nothing they can do about it except blow themselves up.

C U T E and R I P P E D

Biff comments about all the cheaters. Mechanica and Byte/Barq are clearly not following typical rules, but rules enforcement is lax.

Finally cleared the Grand Prix on level 7. Fuck Hedlok at low health. I really enjoy fighting lvl 7 AI but Hedlok can just stay away.

Use whatever you like. Or you can have people tell you the latest meme builds.

>Use whatever you like
This game is 99% arms choice, if you don't have a set of three that can counter any type of setup you're boned.

Tell me the secrets behind the Blorb. Why do people say it suddenly becomes so popular at higher ranks? What is the secret strategy to using it?