/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck.
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/55/0/basic-guide-to-diy-ecu-map-tuning
lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-suzuki-sv650/6307219687.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mqyCJPSgljw
youtube.com/watch?v=bIrZnumraro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that bike looks about as comfortable as leggo shoes

HP2 Megamoto

That's not an Aprilia SXV550.

For balls to the wall stupidity, you want an SXV.
For people who like heavy boaty things, there is the pictured BMW.

any of you fucked with programming your ecu? thinking about picking up a second and seeing what I can do with it.

BMW has a better power/weight ratio and it isn't even heavy.

Has anyone here wrapped their bike? I'm looking into getting mine done up in some transparent 3M.

If it's for power gain, i would recommend letting someone experienced tune it for you. But if it's just for the learning, then this is a good starting point: totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/55/0/basic-guide-to-diy-ecu-map-tuning

Nobiker here looking to purchase a first bike that can comfortably pass on the highway while commuting and is less then $3000.
Does this look like a good deal or should I keep looking?
lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-suzuki-sv650/6307219687.html
Any other alternatives are appreciated.

nice thanks

Are older sport bikes more maintenance intensive? Talking early 2000s.

Ninja 300

Don't fall for the memes. The SV650 is a shit bike. They are going to tell you that a 300 is too slow, you'll want more power, you'll be tired after a year and get rid of it. You're not gonna keep that SV650, think about why they get passed around like some derelict whore. Save yourself the trouble and start with an actual good bike with fuel injection on a good trouble free platform.

Looks good except maybe it has some kind of error code on the dash?
>"CHEC"
Might want to search a model-specific forum about that.

Not at all. The service manual for my 01 CBR600 calls for an oil change only every 8k miles and not a whole lot else.

>Older vehicle
That states it all. Most likely has a lot of owners who neglected and didn't maintain it.

After owning 8 bikes I wouldn't buy a bike over 5 years old again.

Don't fall for the 300 memes. The Ninja 300 is a shit bike. They are going to tell you a 650 is too fast, you'll immediately crash, you'll kill yourself within a year. You're not gonna keep that Ninja 300, think about why they get passed around like some derelict whore. Save yourself the trouble and start with an actual good bike with fuel injection on a good trouble free platform.

Is it a bad idea to buy 1990 super tenere if you're a beginner? I owned a scooter for 4 years, that's the all experience I have...

thanks to the guy that recommended pic related a few days ago.

My bike is broke and so is my spirit

While at a dealers showroom I tried sitting on some sports bikes and they seemed uncomfortable. So I was mostly in the market for a standard.

The Ninja 300 and SV650 are both standards.

>Removing the video from the OP.

No. Nuh uh. Not allowed.

youtube.com/watch?v=mqyCJPSgljw

Huh, it's labelled as a sports bike I just thought it would have the aggressive riding stance.

Get a xt660 or xt600 tenere instead, they are far lighter.

Holy shit, I'm gonna buy one of those right now.

So is the SV650

no, its a pure beginner/commuter bike, just styled like a sport bike.

The typical uncomfortable sport bike is generally easy to spot by its handlebars clipped on below the top fork clamp.

I'm a manlet commuting in the South and i need some boots.
Anything wrong with Forma? Any better options?

Are there any boots that offer good protection but look like normal boots available for less than 100 bongs?

>r3 fags are STILL shitposting about suzukis nonstop

>he defends suzuki.
Sad

brand fags are the one true cancer

literally nothing wrong with Harley-Davidson®

I like most brands.
Just not suzuki

>tfw want a Suzuki
>just dont want anything Suzuki is selling
Don't want a sportbike, VanVans are overpriced hipster trash, new SV650s look like cancer, too short for a Vstronk
Feels bad, man.

>wanting the worst jap brand
Why

Ignore the r3 poster he's cancerous memes.
Buy the bike you like, don't just try suzukis though get on an aprilia or a honda or whatever as well.

I heard that old xt660 tenere are not that good, problems with suspension and what not. So you're advice is to pick lighter motorcycle? I'm 6.2 and I think I should be able to ride super tenere... any more advices?

How do I fix my chain from making noise? I think its hitting some metal part of the bike and needs adjustment...

Its a wr450 2006...

>look up chain specs online
>adjust chain to spec
WR450s have loud chains anyway

Pretty firmly in the Honda camp right now
Been thinking about going full retard with one of those Rally Raid CB500X conversions, but no money

yo scum user are you here?

check your sliders, especially around the swingarm pivot. it should be rubbing on plastic instead of metal.

>posting the same pics in every thread

What is the ideal displacement for a supermoto? Is it 450? 500? Even 550? Not as a daily commuter, just a fun hoonmobile.

450s are most common

Suggestions for the literal best all-rounder bikes? Excluding dirt, because only dual sports do dirt well.

Something I can hoon and squid on, but reserved enough at touring speeds that I can chill and enjoy the countryside before getting into the next set of hairpins.

I was thinking Hyperstrada, but does it have enough wind protection? Super Duke GT seems right up my alley, especially with cruise control, but styling leaves a bit to be desired. Multistrada seems a little less sporty, BMW R1200RS is a rolling tech showcase and makes me jizz, but not sporty at all.

Has anyone got further insights into these bikes? I basically just want the thing dripping with tech and a nice display, sportiness, and comfiness. Older bikes are fine too.

510cc

>dripping with tech
Why?

1290 Super Adventure

Because having computers diagnose issues, save my ass if I fuck anything up too badly, and keep me comfortable seems nicer than having to deal with a 26 year old carb'd, non-helping bike.

Rider aids aren't really what I'm concerned about, it's more the connectivity and creature comforts. ABS and traction control just give me peace of mind - I've always been able to save myself in fuckups, but there's going to be a day when I misjudge my braking for whatever reason and ABS will save me.

Unless you follow my Instagram, I haven't put anything about it yet on my YouTube.

Plus, I commute, and some days I'm doing more stop and start shit than actual riding, and comfort is something I miss on my current bike.

My god you're stupid .
Buy pic related

As good as the SXV is, it doesn't beat a 105hp Kraut space magic supermoto.

So this bike?

>ABS and traction control just give me peace of mind
tfw did a sick stoppie yesterday on accident avoiding a box truck

>Excluding dirt, because only dual sports do dirt well.
i give this b8 an 8/8

Are chink carb rebuild kits for older motorcycles okay?

there's a bunch on ebay/amazon for like 20 bucks for my cx500 shitbike but I've never done a carb rebuild before and don't know if I'm supposed to avoid that shit like the plague

Its runing on plastic. But I have noticed that it has loosen a bit since I bought it. It was tighter. I dont know how to tighten them.

How about you sumo faggots just stop molesting innocent dirt bikes and keep your shit to crap like the drz400 so we don't have to hear about it when you blow a literal race bike up by riding it down public roads as a dd.

Mini bikes are best sumos

yes.

>After owning 8 bikes I wouldn't buy a bike over 5 years old again.

What the hell happened? That's a pretty strong statement

he is an idiot and can't buy a bike in good shape without a mechanic looking at it for him.

Fuel injection

Look, my livelihood depends on computers, programming, and tech. Yes, I appreciate that some don't want to be cucked by their electronics and view them as a crutch. I've done my share of mechanical teardowns, near misses with morons that are practically unavoidable, and long rides in a straight line on a bike that I'm too tall for and that doesn't have wind protection or heated grips through literal sub zero temperatures. Those have all only strengthened my views that tech is helpful and useful to have around.

Why wouldn't I make my life less difficult?

Not mini enough.

Cute!

Minibikes?

A car

did you lift the chain and look at the bottom of the surface? it can wear down just on a couple grooves and still rub the swingarm even if it looks like there is some plastic left

Minibikes!

(These things must be a blast at a Go Kart track.)

Joe Rogan's bike?

?

I'm pretty sure those came like this from the factory.

They're precisely called Z50J Monkey Baja.

And they must surely be absolutely adorable off road.

The new Ducati Supersport.

51 DAYS SINCE I LAST RODE

>not doing gymkahana on a XR100R

Mega Mini Bikes?

Yes

Good man.

youtube.com/watch?v=bIrZnumraro

Is that an Aprilia SVX 4.5 motor??

Africa Twin, peep the red top.

Feels like DBT is going in circles sometimes.
TRIUMPH TIGER 1050 S
TRIPLE A BEST

Took my fucking harley for a rip today.

Bikes like this wouldn't be legal in the UK, there's no point in building something like that unless you live somewhere like America or Africa.

Thanks for motor info, shit is sexy.
Have a DuGromI as thanks.

>UK
You mean Northern Africa 2.0

That's not a Harley.

So my dad swears by ducati, for the whole 10 times a year he drives his '92 Ducati 2 cylinder. Am I just too poor to "get" Ducati as a brand? I do sort of like the styling on the newer models but that's about it.

I'm way too much of s neo green faggot to want anything other than Kawasaki.

What is it about Ducati and (in general) older men?

no joke if that had mudguards and a back brake it would pass an MOT

Ducatis are Italian Harleys. Fags like the brand even though there are better bikes. Still, they have their merits. Good handling, awesome aesthetics, decent power, good resale. Thats Ducatis, not Harleys. Harleys are Chrome dipped dog shit.