Ok fuckers...

Ok fuckers, it's time for me to change my car and I want something that is gud and fun to drive (doesn't need to be fast).

I was thinking about a GT-86 because RWD and excellent driving feel, also can be find used for something less than 20.000€ or even new for 26.000€.

Then fucking pic related popped out and now I'm confused.

Yes, they're two different cars and size, different usabilty, the price should be the same (19-20.000€ for a new Swift Sport should be realistic), but I have sweet memories with the previous NA model...also 5 doors and improved usability in daily drive. 230 kg less than the Toyobaru and tarbo, hopefully a light tuning should gave that car around 160 hp easy.

I'm listening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTF-e92at0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

save up for the Kia Stinger GT™

save up for the Forced Meme™

The Kia Stinger is truly the car of our time.

>save up

Why? Just buy the original for half its price and you're golden

this my man :)

Anyone with a legit answer?

Volkswagen GTI with the DSG transmission. I was the biggest anti-FWD nerd out there running my mouth claiming that a FWD car could never be a performance vehicle but I was dead wrong. The GTI in its stock form handled better than my mx-5. You spend $700 and you can unlock 316hp and 386tq with a downloadable tune. The cars interior is insanely refined considering the price point. I could go on and on. It was either a GTI or a m235i and I ended up going with the GTI and loved it more than I could have ever imagined

Honestly, go test drive an 86. It's the opposite of VW interior and luxury ride, and you can feel for yourself what you think about the gay throttle.

>t. 86 owner
>t. don't care love throwing it as hard as I can into a corner and winding it out to 7k
>t. prolly going to sell it anyway if I don't decide to put in a stupidcharger or something

I drove the newest refreshed model and I loved it but I need an extended test drive to know if the car really suits me...here in Europe these cars are white flies, ultra rare...in my town not just one Toyota dealer has one of them and you can't even test drive it.

>VAG

No thanks, I don't want to give my money to german scammers and surely I'm not buying a DSG :(

>VAG
>DSG

srsly it's lacking in pedal feel and go juice, and the ride is roughcakes even if the car is built to handle it. I drive mine for hours and still like it, but I don't give a shit if it's bumpy and unrefined. After all, it didn't cost that much used and it came with all the high roller options for the interior bits, most of which suck even if they're nice.

I just love tearing around in it. Fuck everybody else. It helps keep me sane.

I see, thanks.

One thing I'm worried about tho is the little longitudinal extension of the steering wheel.

I always had this problem with modern Lexus and Toyota, I like the steering wheel to be as close to me as possible and with these cars I need to sacrifice something to find my correct driving position.

Can't help you with that one. I have it all the way recessed into the dash because I'm 6'4" and I wish it could go in further.

But I don't sit in cars like most drivers. I like forward rally position. The seats even took a while to get used to, especially the headrest. But now I don't mind. I let my friend drive it and he said
>wow
>it must be the seats
>don't wrap this around a tree, bro
Because the seats helped absorb the shocks of going over rough pavement.

Maaan this Suzuki Swift Sport will be my next car at the beginning of 2018, simply the best launch of the year.

what country?

Wait until you can try the swift before you decide.

Get gt86.
The feel of rear digging in and pushing you out of the corner will feel better than getting frustated over the FWD failing to do braking, turning and accelarating adequately.
Gt86 handles like a 1ton car.

volunteraly taking the fun out of the GTI

in fact it is 1 ton car

Drove a well sorted MK5 GTI, honestly, felt exactly like my dads MK1 Touran 2.0 diesel, but with more power. Comfy daily for sure, but its economy box FWD nature shines throughout after youve driven an E30 or an S-chassis.

Suzuki is life
Suzuki is love
Suzuki is miracle

youtube.com/watch?v=eTF-e92at0c

I love my BRZ but if there's a hot hatch that would interest me, it's the Swift sport.

If what you want is fun to drive, the BRFZS86 can't be a bad choice in any case, so it really comes down to your preference about RWD fun vs FWD fun.
Test drive the Swift.

The Swift will be much more fun than the fat, overpriced Subaru shitbox will ever be. More reliable and fuel efficient too. Even older swifts are fantastic fun and cheap second hand units due to the complete lack of meme tax.

Italy

Yes, of course, we're talking about spring 2018

I'd ideally have both cars in my garage but since this is not the case...unfortunately, I have to choose.

The reason tells me that I need 5 doors and a boot, also beacuse I have a medium/little doggo, but the heart goes to the GT-86 with its shape and RWD.

What's a realistic fuel consumption for the toyobaru? I drive mixed city (no traffic, smooth areas with very little stops) and highway (like at 110-120 kmh)

I get 31-32MPG on the highway always. City driving for long enough drops it to 29MPG. I heard some guy from NYC (i.e. city hell) say he got mid 20s.

Go see for yourself if the rear seats are enough for you. They're enough for me because I use them onyl rarely. The Toyobaru would not have been a good choice for me in my college days when I routinely carted friends around and hauled cargo around.

>What's a realistic fuel consumption for the toyobaru?

Last time I checked the car told me it was sipping an average of 10l/100km, mind you it's often stationary city driving
(desu I'm more insterested about the engine/oil temperature gages than fuel consomption)

Thanks.

It's not a bad consumpion for 200 hp, I wonder how much will do the tarbo swift.

I read that the Suzuki S-Cross, the only suzuki which uses the Swift Sport 1.4 engine ATM (if I'm not wrong), has a medium consumption of 15-16 km/l (35+ MPG) and that car weighs 1290 kg!

Maybe the Swift could actually achieve something close to 20 km/l with its 970 kg weight.

>the Suzuki S-Cross, the only suzuki which uses the Swift Sport 1.4 engine ATM
The current Vitara uses it too.

Dude the stinger starts at 44k yurodollars anf the v6 is 55k. You have to be ret to buy one if them if you live in yurop

Bear in mind also that the Toyobaru drinks premium (93 in the US). Part of my calculus coming from an old Impreza is that it comes out to about the same cost per mile because the Toyobaru is more fuel efficient despite requiring more expensive fuel.

As far as cargo space, the trunk is like a pittance coming from a wagon. But, as with the back seats, even tough everything is smaller and doesn't have the easy access of a wagon, there is more room in there than it seems. And of course you can put the rear seats down to make it like kind of like a wagon with a really small door.

If you're feeling clever, you can strap things to the roof, too. Pleasant surprise: pack it with people and stuff and strap things on the roof, it still scoots around and fuel mileage only dropped .1MPG highway. Neat.

Thanks.

Here the standard gasoline is 95 and the premium is 98-100 but I don't know if they are directly comparable with the one in your country.

Right, I forgot that.

The US uses AKI for their octane ratings, Europe uses RON. 93 AKI is roughly equivalent to 98 RON, 91 AKI is about 95 RON.

Thanks for the clarification

It is advisable to use the best fuel available for gdi engines.

Almost anywhere you go in the US, your choices will be 87 ("regular"), 91, and 93. Some locations (e.g. up high in the mountains where the air is thinner) you'll find 85. Some stations will carry something a bit exotic like 94 or race fuel.

But they won't be selling the swift in the US, so op is either not a yank, or is an idiot.