Does being rich make you happier?

Does being rich make you happier?

No, but it reduces stress.

for awhile, then its on to the next

Being rich doesn't make me happy

But I get a huge rush like no other when i see stocks go up in price.

Most of the time it does not, but it does make you worry a lot less.

haha im in the same boat.
then its back to being monotone and whatever

Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort - Helen Gurley Brown

Sometimes. Being poor makes you unhappy forever, always.

hell yes. I can buy whatever I want. But usually I prefer to sit at my computer. go figure.

I was rich for a while ( to my standard ) and was equally as content as I am now. Totally broke NEETfag now. Really depends on the person I guess, I grew up in poverty; and as much as it is nice, it didn't change my outlook on life unfortunately.

Tell me your story.

It depends. Rich people are happier because they aren't wagecucks, but NEETs and also happier because they aren't wagecucks.

I guess the moral of the story is it's not about being rich or poor, it's about not being a wagecuck.

Launched very succesful SaaS with a buddy of mine who put up the overhead costs. We split the profit 50-50, was six digit company before things imploded, messily at that. Needless to say don't talk to my friend anymore. Have started my own SaaS company in same niche but am still in startup phase so no real profits yet. I make below minimum wage freelancing web development right now. I was making tons of money last year and didn't do anything with it but splurge. I went on like 3 dates and only went out and did something once a month. Money doesn't buy happiness, it comes naturally. I am pretty content right now even though my situation sucks.

>it's about not being a wagecuck
how to achive that fampai?

Nope

No, but being poor makes you sad

money contributing to increased well-being stops at around $75k or something and you eventually adapt to the amount that you make so it just feels normal. if you have a habit of comparing yourself to others that have things you don't then no amount will satisfy you.

It's never enough. Every time I achieve a new milestone I meet someone doing better and it is quite dissatisfying.

I'm not rich, but I'll tell you that clawing my way out of poverty and lower class is pretty damn euphoric (inb4 fedora). Watching student loans shrink and investments grow is pretty damn awesome, and the thought of no student loans and the freedom of financial a safety net is comforting as fuck.

I'm not rich, but building wealth does give you a long term feeling of satisfaction. It eliminates one of the biggest stress factors in life, and allows you to be stressed about other shit like the collective bullshit of the vaginal-jew and shitposting on a bhutanese cheese sculpting forum.

DELET

it's about not being a wagecuck AND having unlimited money from your multimillionaire dad

Money doesn't bring you happiness but it certainly helps

t. don

Being a neet sucks. Its the same feeling you get when your procrastinating a big project.
In the back of your mind you know you got to start working and stop being dependent on your parents but you just can't help yourself.

it makes you less sad

it makes you into a bigger jerk in most cases.

Not all the money in the world could solve my suicidal weakness, same reason no matter how many people I surround myself with I still feel alone when I crawl into bed alone and close my eyes. That being said im sure being poor would exacerbate these issues.

Focus on happiness and personal fulfillment I would say, and if money doesn't give you either then don't chase it.