/eog/ EVE Online General - RMT edition

Previous:
>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/63166554/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>burgers fuckign up the game as usual

>botting is only bad if the Russians are doing it
>if noobman had to get a real job instead of selling Isk we would get less content
>it's not RMT when PL members sell each other Titans for real money
>that RMT thread on SHC was just ironic, viper shizzle didn't make 50k GBP as a RMT middle man
>no Evolution member ever went from NEET to owning a chain of internet cafes just by playing EVE

Jila

What's so bad about long point?

nothing, on a kite ship

Eve online is a social experience.

*MWD's away from you*

>decide it's time to branch out of being a carebear faggot and do something other than brainlessly run L4's
>join a whcorp
>wh is great, fuck k-space
>we do lots of roams and we regularly hunt people down, we just run a few sites every day for fat ISK we are rolling in ISK and kills just afk gas huff for fucking infinite money lol
>done 1 short roam in a month
>but intense PI action every day
>SCANNING
>sometimes kill some lost noob who fell through a HS hole
>MORE SCANNING
>cloaking shitlords watching cloaking shitlords watching cloaking shitlords on dscan
>MORE SCANNING
>DOCK UP user RIGHT NOW WE GOT SCAN PROBES ON DSCAN OH FUCK ROLL THE HOLE FUCKING SHIT CHRIST
>MORE SCANNING
>never see another ship
>MORE SCANNING
>wait on a hole for an hour with 4 other people while we try to find and jump a prospect
>guess he logged off lol
>find some guy
>cloaks and warps off
>NO WE CAN'T GO AND RAT NOW THERE WERE PROBES ON DSCAN 2 SYSTEMS OVER 4 HOURS AGO

I just want to smash C4's for ISK then get into gudfites, then ruin those gudfites by being an EWAR faggot.

welcm 2 eve

This is why I havent joined a WH corp yet.

What corp are you in? My corp's in a similar situation after some drama caused our roaming FC to leave. At least we're making some dank C5 ISK right now.

Astarte

Bstarte

>asstart xD

why are eve players such abrasive faggots? It used to have the best people play it back in the day, now it's literally nothing but reddit and russians

Gone are the days of the nuisance BR, it seems.

>try pvp
>it's shit

Take some initiative and whip them into shape.

How do you want your carrier sempai?
zkillboard.com/kill/63166554/

>Gallente

people slowly wised up to the fact that the games bullshit just like real life

oneiros

I don't think an Oneiros can save /dog/ anymore.

navitas

Post dogs to save /dog/

>Eris

Why does it even exist, it's so bad. Should have been a tiny dictor droneboat.

it just needs +100 cpu and new bonuses

>10% bonus to small hybrid turret optimal range per level
yeah so useful for my blasters
>5% bonus to small hybrid turret rate of fire per level
thanks I didn't want to overheat for more than 30 seconds anyway

ares could do with a rethink too, suffers from the same problem of just being worse in every way compared to the malediction

Fly unironical polarized ceptors.

'Pilfer' Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I

>have a comfy jewing market and industry setup in a literally who area
>le ebin market normalizers barge in and kill every profit
>haha simply epic market pvpvpv xDd honk

Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

what's this post about

>have comfy Nyx ratting system at the edge of the galaxy
>blues get tackled within jump range
>bossman decides it's time to go all-out
>EVERYONE JUMP IN
>half the supers that went die
>user WHY DIDN'T YOU JUMP YOUR HYPERSPATIAL NYX?

>le xDeath face

dead

>T3C nerf finally happens
>they're all still overpowered as shit

I'm feeling it boys, it's time for another ship class above Titans

We need some ships between BS and capitals first, Freighters shouldn't be the only thing that use Advanced Spaceship Command.

dead as fuck

yeah, something that costs 500b and lets you dumpster scrubcaps with capguns would be nice

but I'm still waiting for titans to be balanced

titans are fine, maybe even a bit underpowered. then again they're much cheaper than they used to be

>capital ship
>fine, maybe even a bit underpowered

t. 2016 player

t. wrong

>implying you have a titan
>m-muh oldfag
Shut the fuck up retard. Titans are bullshit. My Crow got bosoned last week

Fuck this game.

>implying I'm wrong and you're not some All-Out or T*ngoo shitter who's seen neither a capital ship nor a vagina

kys senpai

who /Loki/ here

>T*ngoo
your alright

>Minmatar
>Damage projection
>Tracking

laughing_amarrians.jpg

>amarr

>pulse lasers

nice samefag capqu

hide capqu threads
ignore capqu posts
do not reply to capqu posters

(join Half Empty I'm so lonely)

shut the fuck up retard only like half of those are me

nice img btw

>letting other faggot's autism waste your time
>idling for hours less than 3 minutes and 3 bookmarks from a dock
Hint: Use jump clones so you can have a standby clone docked up for corp reactionary stuff and the other clone for whatever activity you feel like doing.

He was selling basic frigates and modules on noob stations then somebody undercut him with 10% above Jita pricing.

>people actually drive 1km optimal range fittings

>1km

Market APIs were a mistake. There's no point in doing market research when some nerd can just run a script that tells him exactly what to do.

EVE is full of autists who think that volume is more important than margins and who will drive down all profits just because they can. Once they've ruined a market they move on to the next system.

The only way to fuck with them is to have more order slots, I've got 9 Tycoon characters and make a comfy 12b per week with only updating orders once per week. Sometimes I won't make any sales for a week or two but that's ok because some other alt will make up for the lost sales.

What can two people do that's fun? We both have 60 mil+ sp.

ravioli run

Have sex

Blops

Shoot each other

So I'm gathering that 2 people isn't really enough?

it's more that if you've both been playing long enough to accumulate 60m SP and never developed the initiative necessary to work out what to do with your time, or what you enjoy doing, there's no point telling you as you're not smart enough to work out how to do it

I've worked out solo stuff to do, I've started multibox mining schemes, done trading etc. I've just never really done any sort of PvP or anything that might benefit from two people with decent combat skills. I don't think we can "hold" a wormhole and the cost/risk of putting up citadels seems significantly higher than a cheap pos was before so I'm not sure sitting in a small wormhole is a viable/fun venture for the amount of risk involved since theres no way we'd be able to hold off invaders or anything. Suicide ganking miners seems retarded and not fun. I don't think my friend is interested in doing trading stuff with me, I'm not sure that doing it with someone else is better than just using an alt.

>2 real people vs having an alt

Sorry I was just fishing for ideas. We're not really interested in scamming even though that seems like by far the best /highest yield activity you could do with only 2 players.

>I'm not sure sitting in a small wormhole is a viable/fun venture for the amount of risk involved
Isnt it like just 2b for a basic one?

>It's a "Go AFK VNI ratting but rat aggro is fucked up" episode

That's a lot higher than a small pos used to cost. You could also put up a pos in like 15 mins and have everything onlined in 30 mins. Compare that with 2 bil and 24 hours and scheduled defense etc.

THE PLEX IS TOO DAMN HIGH

le poors meme

Eris

set up a pos then

>there's still no fucking way to swap characters without closing the client

It used to exist. Why did they remove it? Why did they remove the browser? Why did they remove the Jukebox?
When will someone remove CCP?

eject in space and board the VNI again, works 100% 99% of t he time

>Why did they remove it?
because they changed the way logging in works and even with all its faults the launcher is better than having 10 different EVE installs with symlinks and shit
>Why did they remove the browser?
because it had a gazillion security holes and maintaining it just to have a webbrowser would have been insanity.
>Why did they remove the Jukebox?
probably because no one used it and it's yet another feature they had to maintain

Eve is great. Been in it for 5 years now and then tied everything. Theee are outlets for anything you want to do. Be safe in hi sec and mission/mine/ work the market and make trillions. Go lawless in a wormhole and pillage others bases and systems.
Want easy PVP? Join a public spectre fleet roam it's guaranteed PVP content with good commanders to guide you.
Bored of missions but need to buy game time with ingame money? Do hi sec incursions for some of the best money in the game and fun fleets with best fit/geared people.
So many ways for passive income.
Eve doesbt have to be a "second job" anymore.
And there are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Eve streamers just got donations of over 25000$ To help disabled gamers play games.

If anyone wants to learn how to wormhole we teach new bros.
Download the game for free, make a char, go to chat and join "Oxide Pub"

thanks reddit

If anyone wants to learn how to fight and win we teach new bros.
Download the game for free, make a char, go to chat and join "BAMEC Pub"

Join All-Out

>still no eog corp for apocalypse pilots

>still no eog corp for punisher pilots

>spectre fleet roam
inb4 killed by your roaming buddies

but tell me mroe anyway

>we need slaves
>trust me 45% tax rate is one of the best in the game
>no you absolutely need pay us for scanning and rolling. don't forget POS upkeep and security fees due this week

2v1 ganking, FW and mission running is way better than solo.

>nobody wants to roam with you

ded

>grind mazes for a week
>not allowed to export loot on my own
>everything has to be sold to the 75% jita buy corp buyback
>a wormhole appears
>decide to smuggle and sell my loot at jita sell
>i cram everything in my rattlesnake
>6b worth of maze loot
>fit cloak, enough damage to defend myself, 2 warp core stabs and mjd
>jump into the wormhole
>tfw you didn't bring any probes

>making shit up

>wh 1 jump away is direct to highsec 7jumps from jita
>load up two travelceptors with 1.5bil each
>dock at the nearest station and contract to pushx

jew harder

>not allowed to export loot on my own

time to leave this shit corp?

>create alpha heron alt
>explore to location
>transfer bookmarks to transport
Or just get an alt to drop a can with probes in it in the same system near a celestial and switch accounts.

that's how the corp pays rent, it's not a bad deal