/utg/ - Undertale General

Fish and Robot Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

kbwnk.net/rspc0025.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for love between the savior and saved.

What should draw the line between Normal Asriel and Edgegote?
Age or the black marks?

Both are pretty significant, but I would say the black marks are more major.

So wait, Undertale Yellow is rebuilding their whole engine and redoing everything? Why?

Asriel has a big ass head

So would go towards Asriel or Edgegote?
Asking to provide the most pleasant chart experience.

I would say it's normal Asriel.

If there aren't any black lines then it can't be edgegote.

Alright I'll count aged up goat without the marks as normal Asriel.
Thanks for the help!

They're removing Flowey as a companion and replacing him with Gaster and Sans. Unfortunately, to do the glitch effects necessary, they had to move to a new engine.

I want to adopt these children

>you will never pull undynes hair while fucking her

goat

inb4 that one asshole gets mad again that I dare post a character they don't like

Black lines are the best

I am so incredibly mad at you, that I will also post a dad, just to spite you

>They're removing Flowey as a companion and replacing him with Gaster and Sans.

Into the trash it goes

is his dick white or black?

Would a story with the 6 SOULs, Gaster Followers, Goner Kid, and Chara as main "boss" characters work? Or, should I split it into two separate parts?

Could you elaborate?

Sorry, I'm being petty and looking for a fight because I'm pissed. I'll just fuck off now to avoid getting triggered over something dumb and meaningless

I checked it and it was just a joke. Sans is confirmed to not even be in the game. (Thank God.) Turns out they're redoing the engine so that it'll be easier to make the branching paths and consequences.

Hopefully, that'll speed up development down the line. If they had a really inefficient engine, it could have caused a lot of tangled code and messy variables later on, and redoing the engine then would be much more work.

I will also post a spite dad! Nice cuddly spite dad!

You talking shit m8?

Gonna need a bit more details than that, user

I prefer my gote without edge but that's okay!

Take a deep breath, get hydrated and come back when you're better. I like dadposting, one shitter isn't going to convince me otherwise. I'll even dig up an old sad dadfic I wanted to do and try to finish it up today, how does that sound?

looking to get a tattoo of undertale, you guys got any ideas? so far only got this.

>Sans is confirmed to not even be in the game.
I can't believe the Yellow Devs hate Sans.

Getting in on the dad action! Throwing in a free mom too!

Any AU that doesn't feature Sans within the first 3 updates will be asked why he isn't the main character, or at least a major one. It's like clockwork.

Unless who you go to has a lot of undertale experience that will probably not come out very well.

I'd go for something simple, like maybe the pixellated red heart (or whatever colour you want) or maybe the Delta Rune)

Tattoos are shit enough as it is. An undertale tattoo would probably be catastrophic. You should respect the natural aesthetics of your own body instead of treating it like a canvas. Thinking of yourself as having been born blank wouldn't be good. That's just the millennial in me talking, though. Real talk: If you're going to get one, think along the lines of what Undertale tattoo wouldn't get you shanked in prison.

Yeah fair points, just wanted to get something fun for my 18th with my sisster

>All those people that came out of nowhere to shit on Caretaker when they left Snowdin because Sans and Papyrus hadn't appeared
The sad thing is that you're 100% right and this place is just as guilty about it

Still something of a newfag: What was the reaction here when SURPRISE EDGEGOAT happened?

Bullshit. People here at most wondered if they will appear, or when, like anyone would do with their favorite character. Nobody shat on Caretaker for not having them appear yet, stop bullshitting people.

>"We’re not going to include too many characters from Undertale. The biggest ones confirmed to not appear are Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, and Gaster."

So that just leaves the obvious Toriel and Asgore, along with Alphys. I wonder how the lizard will play into it, unless they don't consider her important.

Go back and read the thread around when the page where Chara talks to Muffet first dropped. There were at least 3 to 4 people that started to bitch about it for a variety of reasons that were clearly just butthurt that their skeleton husbando hadn't appeared. It was obvious

All this proves is that Gaster is the patrician choice because nobody ever expects him to appear.

People liked the design and expected imminent murder to take place, that's about all I recall.

I stopped coming here in like January 2016

What the fucks happened since?

contentfags have come and gone

some of us have left

that's about it

Okay, let me explain.

I've brought it up a few times before, but I've had ideas for a "sequel" story for Undertale. The idea was basically this:

W. D. Gaster has begun pulling himself back together from across time and space, which has been causing anomalies. Sans talks about this, and Frisk decides they want to save him. They cause a SAVE Point to appear in the broken machine, and that causes everyone to get "sucked in", and thrown into a different timeline. Soulless Pacifist, where Chara has been killing everyone on the surface. Chara 'ERASES' the World and that causes everyone to be plunged into the abyss. There, they'd face the 6 Human SOULs, and Gaster's Followers, while Chara is determined to find and obtain the combined SOUL of them and Asriel, and Gaster is... up to something.

But lately, I've been thinking that I should split these plots into two separate stories. When I say "boss", I mean like, the 6 Souls and the Gaster Followers + Goner Kid are characters that Frisk (and whomever else) will have to fight, pacify and befriend at the end of specific areas. With Chara and Gaster being "Final Boss" characters, like Sans, Asgore, and Flowey. Splitting the plots apart would result in a story involving Chara from the other timeline, and the 6 Souls returning and stuff, and the plot overall would be a primarily Dreemurr-focused adventure, while the Gaster plot involves him and the Followers and stuff, and would be a Skelebro-centric adventure (although both stories feature all 8 main characters).

But the way I've been thinking of the main plot, as one story, has Gaster's stuff causing the Chara and the Souls' stuff to happen at all. What should I do?

Since February 2017 (when I came), we had a good Scotsman Meme, I've posted a lot of goats, there's been some discussion about the more vague parts of the game, I've enjoyed the writing going on in here, and Undertale's coming to Playstation

Fuck off, I just did, and the first thing and the only one even remotely close I saw is someone mentioning they don't like where the story is going (reasons unrelated to Sans) and someone asking if it's because there's not enough Sans dicksucking, and then trying to pull a 'well that's what you complain about Storyshift too', which also has been bullshit the entire time. The exact same thing happened, someone claimed the only thing people bitch about Caretaker is >no skeletons, and everyone else telling him that's not the case.

So unless you can pull something, stop trying to create a characterwar where there is none.

t.salty skeletonfag
Not everything has to be based around Sans to be good. Just go look at one of the billion Sans based AUs out there to get your ecto pickle fetish satisfied

>I've enjoyed the writing going on in here
I've only been lurking here a couple months, so I'm just curious, what and why?

Here comes Flowey.

Dude come on. It was literally right after they left Snowdin and it was clear that no skeletons that people came out of nowehere to start bitching about it. It was obvious what they were really mad about and you;re lying to yourself if you think that comment wasn't 100% about the skeletons

Not him but comfy gotefics were still my favourite parts of this general

>I've posted a lot of goats
We've all posted a lot of goats.

I'm literally reading the threads around that time and there's none of that. There's a couple people citing story direction, and then getting accused of shilling for the skeletons, that's all of it. So either you're remembering it wrong, or you honestly believe that calling someone a salty skeletonfag for remarks that don't even mention the skeletons, is proof of skeletonfags bitching. That moon logic, user.

Get an Asriel tramp stamp that looks like he's hyperscatting so hard he's flying in the air and the hyperscat should look like it's flying into your butt

Clearly the option most suited to surviving in the harshest social environments. You drop the soap in a prison shower, a burly skinhead starts to position himself at you rear, then thinks "Wait, this tattoo... This guy's serious business. I'd better not fuck with him."

The people bitching about the story direction are the salty skeletonfags, user. Its fucking obvious when in the updates leading up to that a bunch of them kept wondering what Papyrus and Sans were going to do in Snowdin. Stop pretending to be an idiot , i'm not even starting characterfag shit but that is what was going on regardless of how much you may want to deny it

Funny enough, the big projects I've seen posted here are all crossovers
Breaking Through Fate (JoJo)
Underdoom (Doom)
Harry Potter and the Dreamer Awakened (guess)

Then again, even then half of those posts were repeats of "don't reply to Sorielfag", so maybe I'm just taking the bait right now. Carry on and pretend like there was a great skeleton war for Caretaker, I'm sure there's at least one alternate universe out there where it actually happened.

If there's an airplane monster is there a fidget spinner monster

>muh boogy man!
Keep ignoring reality if you want

If UT came out now there probably would be.

I see no way you'll regret this in a decade.

That sounds pretty ambitious.
But for your idea, I guess splitting Gaster's story and Chara's story up into two major story arcs / "seasons" would work.

>ACT -> Spin
>Fidge is getting dizzy!
>"Stop that, I have balance issues!"

Then at least prove it. I'm reading the threads and there not a single complaint specifically at the skeletons, only one shitter insisting that that's what people bitched about before. Where is that mythical time where it started, or is this some kind of 'chicken and egg' bullshit?

I think you're drawn up way too many things around your main plot, than the main plot itself. I'd recommend trimming the fact and trying to pull it back a little, till you can figure out what to do, first.

For instance, you say sequel, so everyone's around,but you throw them into another timeline so you're immediately working with 2x characters. And then the Gaster followers, and the Souls, and Chara, that's another 11 characters. And since it's soulless pacifist they're basically the exact same just with a bad end?

Another Flowey for the Flowey collection!

Freckle!Flowey is my favourite

Freckle Flowey is my least favorite because freckles are gross.

kbwnk.net/rspc0025.htm

user is a fag

hes right

Well, what I had planned was that, by the time the story REALLY starts, Chara has already killed most of the characters in Soulless Pacifist.

Im thinking of writing a fic where Alphys goes into heat and Undyne has to try her best to satisfy Alphys' intense desire to mate and have children but can't so she has to go find someone they trust to impregnate her in a giant threesome.

Yes or no?

Where does Gerson keep finding these books

Build the main story first, everything else can come afterwards.

You'd be amazed at what ends up washing into the dumps.

W-What? What is this? Artwork? Music CDs? Oh no, it looks cute...!

Couldn't they just impregnate Papyrus and use him as a foster parent

Skeleton sex is retarded. I was thinking either Asgore or maybe one of the dogs

Yep, it's a completely Flowey-centric tribute, made in part by the people behind the Feel Our/Keep Our Determination albums.

>Smell our flowmination
Something about that sounds really fucking weird.

I'd go for a "Undyne changes sex (like some fish do in the absence of a male/female) to impregnate Alphys" or "Soul impregnation" solution myself but you do what you gotta do my man

Probably because the closest real world to "flowmination" is "fulmination", and nothing like "determination".
That's what you get with language barriers.

The whole point of the fic is Alphys getting plowed by a thick dick while she eats out Undyne's cunt.

Right... That's what I should do.

Doctor W. D. Gaster. A royal scientist who stared deep into an ever-expanding darkness, only to lose himself and become a broken man adrift in the vast sea of time and space.

In my story he accidentally trips into his own trash disposal system.

He got lost while getting coffee and got absorbed by the office roomba.

Maybe he could have been broken even before that.

Randon aside but I get really annoyed when people dindu Flowey. I read a rant the other day that shit all over Asgore and Mettaton for being willing to murder while saying they loved Flowey because "clearly he didn't actually mean it and they could just tell he was a good guy"

What's with the huge amount of hypocrites around Flowey and Asriel that completely ignore the shitty stuff they do or handwave it away but carp all over other characters who didn't do things near as bad?

Like I said
You do what you gotta do

>he missed the part where Flowey revealed he was just trying to help everyone and stories of his maliciousness were greatly exaggerated
Play the game

I think the reason is that Flowey's murders are easier to understand and associate with, because they're very obviously lined up with things people do in video games.
And of course that doesn't justify them, because video games aren't real but Flowey's victims were real (or about as real as him, anyway), but it makes blaming him feel hypocritical. Blaming someone for murdering six children to free his kingdom is easy because that's something you probably haven't personally done. Blaming someone for murdering tons of people, just to see what happens, then undoing it, is hard when it's heavy-handedly compared to things you've done yourself.

I'm pretty heavily a floweyfag and I don't see why people would do that. He's a lot more interesting because of having willingly done the bad things he has. I don't entirely buy the whole PTSD and trauma ideas, but they do give a good explanation how and why he ends up so broken and twisted, but that's all that really is, an explanation, not absolution of it. Not to mention Asriel himself doesn't try to dismiss them either. Post-TP is a different ball game, but since he would hardly be the same as before the game, but I like the character /because/ of how polarizing he is, not in spite of it.

Well, i terms of horribly things, Mettaton is the least severe and Flowey is the most severe. But, in terms of motive, reason, personality, and how they feel about their actions, Asriel is filled with incomprehensible regret and sorrow and despair over what he did, and he only did it in the first place because of being a soulless lonely flower who missed his best friend and was killed tragically when he didn't kill, and so on. Asgore is also filled with deep regret, and every time he killed a child, he only did it because he felt he had no choice. He regretted it during the act of murder itself. Mettaton? Well... he's not exactly filled wtih regret over trying to kill Frisk. He decided to kill Frisk because:
>He got tired of acting in Alphys' grand ruse
>He didn't want Asgore to destroy humanity
>He wanted to take Frisk's SOUL so that he could prevent the war
>He wanted to be humanity's star
>"SO WHAT IF A FEW PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE, THAT'S SHOWBIZ, BABY!"