/owg/ - Overwatch General

>New assault (2CP) map: Horizon Lunar Colony is live! Yes, that includes in competitive.
youtube.com/watch?v=JIsDXT8Xl8I

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/
>Roadhog's gun now has 5 shots and shoots faster, but can't 1-shot tanks.
>McCree's Deadeye locks on more quickly.
>Reaper heals just by doing damage; no more collecting orbs.

>Hovering over a teammate's name (on the groups page of the social tab) will show their five most played heroes for the season. If your team is struggling, now it's easier to see that you've got a healer main stuck on tank or something.

>New crosshair shape and color options are available on the PTR now. If you're on PC, go check them out!

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9IVCwYPjFXc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>widow is going to get another recolor for the summer games
why do most of her gold skins make her not blu?

lmao @ your garbage threads getting removed friend

Guys please stop trying to rationalise the Roadhog nerf

>I feel like he's even better than before!

No

>He's an entirely different hero now!

No

>He can still one shot squishies some of the time!

No

>Now he actually has to play as a tank without any tanking abilities

No. He sucks and is getting redesigned like old d.va
Stop picking him. You're free ult charge for everyone

Tips for winston and d.va? I want to improve my diving skills

Even has to ban evade just to continue to shitpost.

lmao @ your butthurt

Fake news

>1 minute to capture 1/3
>BETTER PICK ROADHOG xDDD

Any of you niggas tried using pic related and such joysticks to play d.va?

Shit looks like fun

Thinking about ideas for a new hero. Had this pop into my head:

Name: Luc de Jaager
Species: Human, South African, mixed-race
Native language: Afrikaans
Role: Attack
Appearance: Portly, kinda tall man with deep tan skin in jungle-appropriate jacket and shorts, wearing somewhat-stereotypical safari gear and carrying a lever-action gun.
Backstory: A park ranger from South Africa, Luc protects animals from poachers. Assholes keep poaching elephants because omnics I guess?

Main weapon: Guide Gun. A lightweight lever-action hitscan rifle that packs serious punch, but gives major recoil. 100 damage per shot with good accuracy and a firing rate of one round per 0.75 seconds, but the crosshair spreads out significantly until another 0.75 seconds pass. Capacity of 5 rounds.
E: Wildlife Tracker. Jaager attaches a gadget to the muzzle of his guide gun, which takes less than 0.5 seconds. Pressing E again removes the gadget. Left clicking after pressing E the first time will remove the gadget, expend a round in your Guide Gun's magazine and shoot a projectile which, if it contacts a foe, does 30 damage and makes them visible through walls for a short period. Has a medium-long cooldown.
Shift: Camoflauge. Uses an active camoflauge system to render Jaager invisible. Can only be used near walls or while crouching, and limits his movement speed. Lasts longer than Sombra's invisibility, takes longer to recharge.
Ultimate: Charge Stopper. Jaager plants himself firmly, locks on to a single enemy and, after a second or so of delay, jams a stripper clip of 10 short overpressure rounds into his gun's loading tube and unloads them rapid-fire at a speed comparable to Fan the Hammer (with a technique similar to that used in the intro of The Rifleman: youtu.be/9IVCwYPjFXc [Open] ). This ult is designed to eliminate a single high-priorty target and cut through things like Sound Barrier or Transcendence, but can be countered by Defence Matrix and especially Zarya's bubbles.

Thoughts?

Mercy needs a rework.

Hopefully, this thread won't stink up like the previous one

Why does Zarya look like the kind of person who would go on Tumblr and whine about white men?

So hes the new monkey character right?

>> 180821859
I wouldn't be so sure about that!

*BBBBRRRAAAAAAPPPP*

Tumbrlinas dont lift tho

best new crosshair for Tracer?

>tfw you will never get to non-sexually cuddle with D.va and tell her how great of a person she is

the hair, that's pretty much it though. Zarya is a disciplined lifter, the exact opposite of the tumblrina.

>tfw you will never sniff Hanas farts

There is no god

Here comes T.racer!

I get to watch so it's fine

>Fuck that guy in particular: the character

My biggest frustration is I don't under stand why he got nerfed NOW. In season 3 where the comments of hook him into your team was super applicable but now with dive hyper common and Hog picked less and less why did they kneecap him so hard removing all ability to be self sufficient NOW
Also refer to what I posted above. I'm not saying that heroes falling out of the meta means they're out right shit and that you shouldn't pick to compliment your team but when a hero gets hard nerfed when they aren't strong in the first place makes me question Blizzard a lot they essentially kicked him while he was down and removed him from the current meta even harder

>Thoughts?
fuck off

i wanna go back to plat
i'm tired of getting matched with the same 11 dudes

I like it, but I didn't get how the ult is supposed to work.
You still have to aim it right?
Otherwise pretty solid.

she'd get angry with you, she loves dicks too much. d.va is a slut!

>My biggest frustration is I don't under stand why he got nerfed NOW. In season 3 where the comments of hook him into your team was super applicable but now with dive hyper common and Hog picked less and less why did they kneecap him so hard removing all ability to be self sufficient NOW
Because his small pickrate is literally only an issue in tournaments where the nerf doesn't affect his pickrate one way or another.

People used him to carry in solo-q all the time.

Platform, SR, Region?

Which character do you fap to the most?

The ult works like Ana's, but for the enemy team. Mouse over the enemy you want to fuck over, press Q, and the game will auto-track them (while keeping you still) for the next couple seconds as the ult goes down.

>try and rank up main
>same people every game so you know if you are going to lose right when the game starts
>half team master, half team diamonds, random games with like 7 unranked players
>"smurfs" getting butthurt and throwing when they cant carry

nah fuck this, im going to go pubstomp on my gold smurf with my shitter friends

Post yfw he bought golden Roadhog gun

To Hana

I cannot stop thinking about the sweet but pungent aroma of her fermented cabbage farts

>not Widowmaker
Shit taste

They are nerfing all the noskill heros, mercy is next

Stop avatarfagging with your cancerous fetish

Yourr doing this SHIT for weeks now

How are you not perma banned yet

Anyone? You keep waifufagging but when someone needs help you ignore it

I see.
You thought of a hero to completely counter Pharah/Mercy right?
Anyway as I said it's a pretty cool idea

That's fucked up senpai

I want to make Ana a mommy again.

Thank you user!

She needs to have her damage back to 80 per shot or she'll remain infertile until her end of days.

>Roadhog players still crying

Holy shit now Roadhog has to actually use his team to confirm kills, like every other tank in the game.

Winston can't instagib 50% of the cast.
Zarya can't without charge and has less range.
Reinhardt needs to literally go all-in propelling himself forward.
D.Va can't kill people unless she's directly in front of them.

Tanks are not meant to one hit KO people, but Roadhog could, so instead of using him as a tank people were using him as a 600 HP DPS who was better at DPS than everyone in the game not named Soldier and who flanked better than everyone. Now he can still get picks, he can still pull people out of position and punish them, he still has massive sustain and CC, he just can't do a retard 2buttons combo on half the cast and has to use proper teamwork, call outs, and timing like everyone else.

And all you faggots can do is cry how you can't 2buttons people anymore. Literally just M2 them before the hook, get some fucking skill.

Yes but if pros can't make a hero work in the ideal scenario of team work, coms every one has played together a lot and knows each other's strengths and weaknesses ect. ect., then why would you make a solo que hero now rely heavily on team work where it's wrong to assume everyone on the team even has the voice chat even on. Having heroes who rely on team work isn't a bad thing but saying tournaments don't matter and yet also saying you need to play around your team is kind of contradictory

That's very lewd

I honestly have no idea what a flanking Roadhog is supposed to be.

>it's a team doesn't initiate even after you solo clear the point because they really want to kill that one Reaper wasting their time episode

All is good in what you are saying except one thing.
Roadhog can't tank and protect his team.

>Non shit
>Mercy in the OP

>avatarfagging
Hardly

You should just accept the fact that having a peculiar fetish is not valid grounds for a permament ban

Hey /owg/, i'm going grocery shopping, you guys want something?

Well, that wasn't his sole purpose (initially, I got the idea by thinking about what it'd take to rapidly smash through Lucio's sound barrier), but anti-air would certainly be one of his big draws.

>he cant protect his team
the entire point of the nerf was to make him not be a flanker, so he sits with his team... if you have a diver on you healers he pulls them and chunks them. his ult is also a knockback to protect people that are trying to engage.

It's called ban evasion. I dont know how the mods let it keep slipping like this.

Roadhog is literally only a tank because he has a high health pool and literally everyone knows this and the only reason he has a high health pool is he has no range no mobility and is easily focused down and no way to mitigate damage or CC on him unlike every other tank in the game
>no one punishes the slow moving fat guy walking away from your team when his hook is on cooldown
He must be op, please nerf

Thanks, though. Glad you like it.

a couple ribs of celery and water please, i have a real hardcore gaming evening ahead of me

>an 8 second cooldown hook that can miss is enough to deter D.va/Winson/Genji/Tracer from raping your whole backline especially now that it's not even a kill

That's why his is at

It's amazing how hogshitters don't realize how much damage Roadhog puts out now or used to put out. Pre-patch Hog could literally oneshot squishies with M2 if it was perfectly spaced, and even now it will do 70% of your health. This is without counting the chance of a crit. He can spam M2 at midrange, hit you twice, and you're going to lose at the very least, half your health. And now he can spam it much more often, much more forgivingly.

He can even still oneshot people, it's just now you must tack on the melee to guarantee the surefire kill or you have to walk forward for a split second before meatshotting them.

It just goes to show Roadhog players are the dumbest people in the game, pretty much as reliant on their crutch bullshit as Mercy mains. They're not creative, they're not adaptive, all they do is bitch they can't kill everyone in their line of sight anymore.

I feel like roadhog just needs a little bit of a buff in a different direction now. OHKO from hook was always a dumb design idea, but the idea of a big beefy tank without shields that instead brings the enemy to you is a solid foundation
Focus more on his niche

>Roadhog now takes 50% less damage from all sources while huffing his paint can (This lets him be a pseudo shield for his team as you can hide behind his thickness and he can use it to survive shit like rip-tire and meka self destruct, while also punishing enemies for focusing you)

>Reduce charge rate of his ultimate from 2000 down to 1750 (Lets him focus more on his defensive tank niche as he gets his ult up faster and can push people away from the objective more frequently. For context mccree charges fast asf and requires 1500, but roadhog can augment his charge rate with his self healing)

Basically, turn him into a variant of Chen from Heroes of the Storm. That design works and is countered by a stun, but stuns are less prevalent in overwatch giving Roadhog a stronger niche

I dont evade bans, I wait them out like a good boy

Can i get some Loocio Ohs? The off brand that come in the bag kind.

Agreeded~

>Yes but if pros can't make a hero work in the ideal scenario of team work,
They CAN make him work.
He just doesn't work against Dive, which is popular.
That's it.
But in solo-q, you know how everyone says, "Roadhog punishes bad positioning and bad teamwork"? The problem is that Roadhog HIMSELF didn't need good positioning and teamwork to accomplish that! And he was SUCH a popular carry hero for this reason. It was just stupid. The nerf needed to happen in the long term. Dive won't last forever.

>Off Brand

Dont you wanna support your hard working artists?

>Celery

Why dont you chow down on something tasty instead

Like McDonalds new limited time "Crossfade Jammin Meal"

Every meal comes with a free download code for a track from Lucio's new album!

>you guys want something?
The sweet embrace of death.

He needs a way to not take damage, not mitigate it (-50% less while huffing) because he is a walking ult battery for the whole enemy team and thus a detriment to his own team.
90ehp on an huge target that's supposed to take damage that goes straight into the enemy's ults.
That sucks. Make him give 75% ult charge to enemies for example.

>no range

The hook is not ranged? Also how many tanks in the game have range, retard? How many tanks can pull people from 20 meters directly into your team?

> is easily focused down and no way to mitigate damage or CC on him unlike every other tank in the game

Roadhog tanks by being a threat. He is still a threat, he is just no longer so retarded even literal kids can use him. He "mitigates damage" by pulling one guy into his team to get a pick to start the teamfight as a 6v5. He then has effectively 900 HP to burn through while his team is shooting at the enemy team the whole time. He can still do that, and in fact this is how Roadhog was used when he was picked in high level play. It's just that now everyone has to get on this level rather than shitterstomping by using a braindead 2buttons combo to be king of the lone wolves.

Face it, you retards are just mad you can't be some solo assassin anymore and get your easy kills, and you're too fucking stupid to adapt.

>He just doesn't work against Dive, which is popular.

People keep saying this as to why heroes dont see play, but honestly I think it might just be because Winston is really, really strong right now since the barrier buff and it makes sense to pick your second tank around him, and a high mobility tank like Dva works a lot better with him than Rein or Orissa or Roadhog does

Best way to throw placements to get bronze? Does quitting matches early count as a loss for me but stops the team from being punished with one?

So he has no ways to mitigate CC and will Still get focused down. I don't think you realize how important that is for a tank because pure damage reduction does fuck all when your team isn't standing right next to you
And genji can one shot 200 health heroes with one shuriken grouping and his dash, you just have to hit all in the head and Hog you just have to be within 20 meters and hit every single pellet on them, ezpz. Also Hog literally can't even consistently one shot Tracer anymore let alone shit like Sombra and Ana who's hitboxes always made them hard to one shot

Sure.
>off-brand
Uh, i don't think they sell those.

Choose Hog and just jump into the enemy team while pressing E.

Mercy is kawaii! Kawaii!

If you mitigate damage you grant less ult charge to the enemy team.
e.g. Nanoboost, Fortify, Armour etc.

I mean the ult battery thing is a stupid argument anyway because literally every hero is an ult battery, because they all have health to be shot at.

The difference is a 200 hp hero gives 200 damage worth of charge and dies, while roadhog gives 200 damage worth of charge and lives with 400 hp, and can generate his own charge with healing and damage in response.

The issue is now is that he's not enough of a threat, so you can quite easily ignore him. He's unpickable in koth now because Reaper just walks all over him and winston.

But I could see him working in other modes by playing safe and using the hook as a pick tool. But he just needs more of a push to justify picking him over a dps, or winston/d.va

It's not only Winston.
The synergy of Tracer/Genji bursting the discorded target while Winston jump him and zaps the whole backline while D.va sits a bit back and protects them with DM and lucio dances around healing everyone is just too strong right now and there is no reliable way to counter it other than do it yourself and hope you kill the enemy targets faster than you get killed.

Seems like a good way to fuck my own team over massively. I was considering picking Sombra and just running around hacking people, then fucking off.

>He has no ways to mitigate CC

900 ehp is how he mitigates CC.

>how important that is for a tank because pure damage reduction does fuck all when your team isn't standing right next to you

Then stand with your team senpai, stop being off on your own, and stay with your team where you can hook someone into the deathball

How do I become as good as Ryujehong at Ana?

He needs to be a real tank somehow, which is something all the other real tanks can do to at least some degree. Mitigate damage that doesnt just simply include blocking shots with his face and dying instantly.

Live inside of a Korean pc bang for 10 years.

How do I become as good as Miro at Winston ?

The other tanks can't drag a player into their team to get gangbanged.
The other tanks can't heal half their health at will.
Roadhog is fine, he is now a bridge between an extremely bulky DPS(and if you actually fucking use the gun, he's still good at that) and an MMO warrior, tanking with bulk instead of some force field.

All the whiners are just butthurt they lost their retard 1 hit KO.

>>>he mitigates damage by killing people
So I guess Widow can function as a tank by killing people too right :^) Also
>he tanks by being a threat
Don't think you understand what tank means friendo
If Hog is so common and good what's stopping another Hog from punishing the other one for mispostioning. There isn't, you still have to position with him or you will get your dick ripped off
>900 hp is how he mitigates cc
nice to know you're just memeing. Tanks stop your team or them selves from taking damage, THAT is what mitigate means and Hog does not do that unlike literally every other tank

WHY ARE SUPPORT PLAYERS SO UNILATERALLY SHIT?

Start hunting as many Pharah and Mercy as you can.
Yes, that includes the air duels

Just wing them with M2 before you hook them, you mongoloids.

literally havent won a game since my placement matches a week ago. this shit is breaking the law of averages

Good, I always did that but I though it was retarded as fuck, will try to improve on that.
Maybe if you protect them they will stop being shit, just protect them for your own safety, someone has to heal your ass

What do you even mean? That they're shit at support or shit at everything else?

This guy actually knows what he's talking about
Tanking with bulk isn't a viable idea when ults exist in this game and they're charged by removing people's health. It's not PVE Like an MMO so those design concepts dont traslate

t. gengu shitter

t. Mercy main

>playing as ana
>winston dives our hanzo, puts down a bubble
>i've got them in clear sights
>"okay when hanzo steps out of the bubble, i'll heal him"
>hanzo doesn't get out of the bubble
>literally stays in the bubble until the winston shocks him to death
>"nice heal ana"
ye k

How about you stop trying to 1v6 then yell at healers for your inevitable failure.

Hey /owg/, tonight I'm going to ask Sombra if she wants to go on a date. Wish me luck

It's time to stop posting, user.

Are you McCree? If not, give up

>playing mercy
>genji is crit health fighting 1v4
>he screams for me to heal him
>Im not going to suicide to get us both dead
>"fucking faggot lern too play"