twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what went wrong
Nobody culled OP

not a 2 door hatch
if they made the 5 door an AWD model with like 400hp thatd be better

or fuck, if they just make a Fit si that'd work for me

>35,000 base price
>dealerships charging over 65,000 for them because of limited supply

The biggest thing that went wrong is that no one will ever be able to actually own one

Absolutely nothing. It's a great car.

> overpriced at launch!

It's dropping to MSRP.

Nothing went wrong. You're not the target audience, because you can't afford a cheap, sporty car.

please tell me this isn't true

The 1-per-dealer delivery. Grey market flooding with scalpers (can you use this in regards to cars?) trying to flip them for ridiculous amounts. Frankly juvenile factory-riced aesthetics, down to being covered with weird fake scoops made out of plastic.

And yet despite that, I'm still hoping to get one.

It's an even uglier version of an an already over designed car and it's as heavy as cars around the same price bracket like the Golf R, Impreza STI, and Focus RS despite only being FWD unlike it's competition. Also the North American market associates the Type R name with the 3 door Type R's like the EK9, EP3, and FN2 while the FD2 Type R gets no attention because its a four door.

>33K Sticker price

On one of Hondas ugliest vehicles ever.

>ugly
>not a coupe
>turbo and not n/a

Other than subjective things like that, there's not much wrong with it. It's a solid sporty car.

Fake vents, unsightly edges and creases, general fat blob aesthetics make for a truly horrendous automobile

Except for the competition os just faster and better. Honda looked at WRX sales and thought a turbo civic would get new customers, while all their old and older fans just puke that this is the best they could do. Especially considering the aftermarket on an older Si shits all over this thing.

>the aftermarket for an older car is bigger than the one for a new car

Wow, really? Other than there you're right about most of the people that fell in love with the older gen civics hating this thing. It's just not the same car.

The fucking price gouge from the dealers

its not a crazy high revving n/a 3 door hatch

i want a real type r so bad

i almost bought an ep3 si (usdm), and it would have been a good deal, and it was a good car, but the owner was shady as shit

also
>no red carpet

This is the closest one I can even find to me

West Coast dealerships are going full retard with pricing

Honda dealer markups

its shit looking desu
and i love the way the new honda civic hatch looks

i just think the factory rice is too much

i love the fd2 type r, i see someone near me with a converted si from that gen that looks like the type r, and its super cool actually

>cheap

shut the fuck up

It looks like a Fischer Price transformer clone which isn't even cool enough to transform. Also, the thing is a god damn land yacht, it's massive.

So you don't have a job? $35k is not that much unless you're under 23 or so.

the second gear

i cant even find one at a dealership in the Seattle area.

Mmm. Not him but if you're financially responsible, you should be making around 150k a year especially after tax and what not 41 to 42k is more realistic the end price depending on the state.

story?

you do know you have to be 18 to post here right?

Send me a link to one that is being offered for $35k right now and I will literally go buy it.

from what I've heard from people who bought and tracked it you'd have to ask "what went right?"

I'm not liking this current trend.
It seems like it started with the Hellcat, then made its way to the gt350r, and now the type R. And if people continue to actually pay the asking price from the dealerships, its only going to continue.

+1

ok if you wish

>be 2013
>scour craigslist for months for a good car
>finally find a blue 2003 ep civic si
>less than 70k miles
>hasn't been riced, stanced, fucked with very hard
>new clutch
>has a fart can muffler, cai, and aftermarket radio
>call up the owner
>like an hour drive away

>father and i turn up at this dudes house
>he's like 67 years old
>says his kid drove the car for a few years after college
>his wife drives it now
>ok.jpg
>the dude is crazy friendly, but there's something off about him
>we inspect the car
>test drive
>its amazing to drive, and it feels so tight and well maintained, and that fart can was glorious
>we negotiate price down to $7200 iirc (a good deal at the time, better examples were going for more, but worse examples were going for about that price)
>we find the registration, and see that his wife owns the car, and son co owns the car.
>bring this up
>he wants to sell anyway, says he'll sign for her
>fuck that.png
>we tell him that we arent buying unless the wife signs off on it
>he is initially cool with it
>arranges for us to come back, have his wife sign, and be on our merry way

>day before next meetup
>he texts us to bring cash only or no deal
>we were planning on bringing a cashier check, and taking it to the bank with him (i think this is reasonable, bringing that much cash is a liability)
>he begrudgingly agrees to this

>the day of the meetup, he texts us saying he's sold it, and not to come

>check craigslist day after
>2003 honda civic si - $7200

what a shithead

His "wife" probably divorced him and he was selling it before she could repo the car from him or some shit. Either way good move on your end that is shady

that's what we were thinking. i didn't want to be wrapped up in that bullshit.

thankfully we noticed before it was too late for us

It didn't look like this

My penis

this looks 1 trillion times better

if it had giant fog lights it would at least make up for the shitty front end

but alas it doesnt

Wait. Why the fuck would you buy the first model year? They've got a stripped down version in the pipeline too.

Purchasing a sports car is not a financially responsible decision. But yes, $150k, depending on your area, would be a good income to purchase one as a second car. But if you're passionate about cars, you can manage on just $80k or $90k.

I saw one a few days ago in person for the first time and it's the most riced-out piece of shit that I've ever seen. I can't believe this hideous design was actually approved for production. Between the laughably large vents and scoops and the ridiculous rear wing it is definitely one of the worst looking cars ever made.

I work for a dealer network that owns a Honda franchise, who is having no problem selling type-r's regardless of color combo for no less than 10-15k CAD over MSRP. They've had 2 or 3 so far.

Honda had very fortunate timing with recent sharp appreciation over the last few year of their previous limited edition sportscars (NSX, ITR, S2K, etc.) This absolutely fueled the hype for the guys that "missed out" on the ITR or NSX and allowed the greedy-ass dealers to ask these ridiculous markup's on speculation these cars will appreciate

I'd prefer AWD.
Otherwise, they made a grand vehicle.

No having a coupe type R version, which I think is way better than the current version.

I unironically like the r type's double spoiler

Nothing at all.

I've been forced to purchase a family car now that our 2nd kid is about to be born.

The civic type R is the perfect family car (I had them remove the spoiler at the dealership so the wife wouldn't know), and you CANNOT refute that. Without this car I'd probably be in my chastity belt and driving a tiguan!

One more thing. If you're also at risk of being locked up in chastity while Jamal ruins your wives pussy even more than pushing out a few kids already has, get a type R, or a mazda 6 2.5, they'll both set you back around what a reasonable family SUV would, but without the black cock entering your wifes pussy, and no strap-ons up your arse!

No 2 door model
I would have been on board with it but the 4 door only gets me. I dont want extra doors then people will assume they can sit there.

There are 4 of them without 300 miles of me.

Cheapest one is 42k, middle ground is 46k, and the most expensive one is 55k.

Fuck that markup

Should have been sold as an Acura.

Enjoy losing grip on your back wheels and flying into a wall because you dont have 12,000lbs of downforce when you pull into the McDonald's drivethru

needs fog lights and to be 2 door

Lol. My wife just had twins this summer and I went with a 17 STi with a spoiler. I gave my wife the choice of choosing between that and a focus rs. Make enough to justify whatever hobby you have.

I'm actually gonna get a 15 Civic type r In a couple months, should I wait and get a 17?(I already have a car but it's not an anime fun car) or is 15 fine. Opinions?

its not, typical tripfag spewing shit he doenst know.

>west coast
Well everythings 2x as expensive over there for no reason. I don't see how getting fucked on prices is a surprise

It's extremely common for dealerships not to advertise the markup on the listing, dealerships here in LA leave them off all the time

If you can find any dealership anywhere selling a type r for msrp you should buy it and resell it immediately

>buy it and resell it immediately
That's what foreigners do

no matter how much you dress up a turd, it's still a turd

Have any of you guys even driven it or seen it in person? Its great to drive, a couple guys in my area got them for msrp and in person it really doesn't look any crazier than an sti or evo.

Shut up and fuck you for bumping this dead thread

>a couple guys in my area got them for msrp
really? my cousin just put a deposit on one today, and the honda dealer by their house said american honda literally will not allow a dealer to sell a ctr for less than $5k over msrp, even though theyve bought like 7-8 cars from them in the past.

>not using the catalog
You're the cancer.

it's not an S2000 successor, that's what.

you haven't said shit that anyone else hasn't already said. people like you are exactly why this country is going to fucking shit.

>MSRP
LOL do you even know what MSRP is?

>What went wrong?
The fucking electronic parking break!

>5 door wagonback
>heavy as fuck
>turbo low rpm engine
>boy ricer shit all over it
>giant as wing on a FWD wagon
>overpriced as fuck

CTR should be a small car with a high reving gear banging engine

I think turbos ruined honda. They could have made a name for themselves with high reving turbo engines but they watered them down with tiny turbos an 6,200 rpm redlines

>>heavy as fuck
2900lbs is not heavy

Tons of dealers don’t advertise the markup, stupid ass.

No, there are classic muscle cars that weigh less

classic muscle cars with no fucking insulation, safety or literally anything resembling a modern car

Theres a reason why they called 90's civics "death boxes" because they had literally nothing to them

I always recognized muscle cars as chunks of steel that can be propelled to lethal speeds in >8 seconds

>what is relative to the times
Idiot.

>hurrrrr all cars are pig fat because a horse was only 500 lbs.

Literally nothing is wrong with it except maybe it looks like a 12 year old designed it. I can't wait until a decade passes and everyone is sucking this thing's dick like it was the second coming of Christ.

It fucking looks like shit, that’s why.

Holy shit, this looks a million times better
Is there any way to refit a base model civic's bumpers onto the Type R?

If not will there possibly be an aftermarket company that will make something less ricey?
>car companies are making rice bumpers and now its up to the aftermarket companies to make normal looking bumpers

Hideous design. Like Mark Belling on the radio said "probably the ugliest car ever designed" although he admitted the performance is incredible.

>Well everythings 2x as expensive over there for no reason.
Higher wages. Duh?

2900lbs? maybe 2 generations ago
Its 3111lbs

My C5 corvette weighs less
>Curb weight: 3111 lb
caranddriver.com/honda/civic-type-r

It still costs 10-15k over MSRP

There are enough 22 year old techies making $150k starting, and plenty of multimillionaires with stocks that vested who are more than willing to pay inflated prices.

We need that fucking earthquake already

It really is getting ridiculous. It was almost impossible to find a Hellcat for msrp for almost two years. I've yet to find a reasonably priced gt350r. I see dealerships wanting 60k for a base fucking model. If the new rx9 is well received, I can only imagine what a shitfest that is going to be.

>Quoth the sexless virgin

Honda's all about practicality though, they invented VTEC for better gas mileage not hectic skids. It just so happens that direct injected low displacement turbo engines yield even better mileage than having two different camshaft profiles in an otherwise unremarkable 4 banger.

Too much rice

I know I'm late to this thread, but Honda forgot what the Type R is all about.

It's not about being as fast as possible. It's not about proving FWD can compete. It's not about over the top styling.
The Type R was always about the driver experience. It was always about how the car made you feel. It made you smile around every corner. That's why the Integra Type R is so cherished. It's not because it was crazy fast, because it wasn't. It was underpowered but it had an engine that rewarded you will a great sound everytime you rung it out. It had the perfect turn in and was throwable in every corner. It had some slight styling cues over the standard Integra except for the wing which has a nice simple curve.
The new Civic has an engine that should be kept in the mid-range with an eh exhaust note. It's fast but it isn't close to as rewarding and you don't want to toss it in every corner. It's so over the top that it looks ridiculous. Part of that comes from how ridiculously styled the regular Civic is with the huge fake vents in the bumpers. The new Type R is trying to hard and forgot to focus on what matters: the driver.

I'm glad Honda is still willing to push the envelope, but they forgot why enthusiasts love cars somewhere along the way.

>tfw you wrote that page on autotrader

>forced

What you mean is that you're letting your wife make your choices for you now.

The msrp is too high to justify not spending another 2,000 to avoid wrong wheel drive
Wrong wheel drive is a serious performance handicap for a car with that must hp and potential, it's pathetic

thats one ugly car

>being this much of a cuck
Grow some balls man.

There's a red one I've seen a couple of times in my relatively small town here in Washington.

>Honda fans cry that it needs a tarbo
>get tarbo
>Honda fans cry that it isn't NA

>Honda fans cry that gearing is too short and revs too high for normal driving
>gets longer gears and more power at low revs
>Honda fans cry that it isn't high revving anymore

>Honda fans cry that it needs 4 doors to be practical
>gets 4 doors
>Honda fans cry that it doesn't have 2 doors

>Honda fans cry that the styling is too close to the base model trims and too boring
>Honda makes it more aggressive looking
>Honda fans cry

>it's a vehicle that weighs in at 3100lbs and has 300bhp and 300 ft/lbs of torque in a day and age where cars with similar power ratios are at 3500+ lbs
>Honda fans cry it's fat

>sticker price of $35k which when compared to past type R's is about the same when adjusted for inflation
>Honda fans cry that it's too expensive because you can get a rusted out '00 civic dx with +200k miles on it for 3k.

The problem is not with the car or the manufacturer, it's with the fan base.
Honda keeps trying to give you guys what you want, problem is that you faggots don't know what you want.

Shut the fuck up honda

The dealer was obviously lying and your cousin was dumb enough to fall for it

find that extremely hard to believe. went to several dealerships in the area and they said the same. also, as stated before, the place he got this info from is the same dealer theyve been buying hondas for since 1997. doubt theyd lie to him.

That's the best you've got?

most honda fans like this don't even have a license desu

I did something similar. We decided to get rid of my coup and get a family car. A 2017 baby hauler now that dealers are giving decent deals with 2018s on the lot. First I took her to look at SUVs. To her all SUVs are wumbo sized, so she asks to look at cars instead. I took her to see absolute vanilla Nissans and Toyotas, then we saw a WRX. We worked out a deal on that WRX that same day, and I couldn't be happier.

They don't give a flying shit about him, lmfao. Your "cousin" got fucking scammed by a dealer network, get over it

Nothing went wrong, just idiots think FWD=slow and people always like to base their opinions on Type Rs by saying how X vehicle beat one in a drag. And then they bullshit even more and say a Veloster is quicker based on cherry picked benchracer specs.