New kind of sleeper

> classic sleeper
> stock looking on the outside, mean on the inside
> mostly grocery-getter econoboxes
> the idea of a sleeper is known in car culture
> not uncommon to see sleepers now
> they aren't really sleepers anymore if everyone knows it's secretly cool

Given this is a known trend nowadays, I think that it'd be kind of funny to get a completely molested "tuner" type car, like a riced civic or something, and make it stupid fast, that way the typical street racer will think "oh it's some faggot with a cold air intake trying to flex" and they won't expect it to fuck them up. Am I stupid or would this be a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=78InPT4iqlw
youtube.com/watch?v=pEpdZsMv4ks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That sounds like an idea.

I know somebody that bought a riced out CRX, with an engine swap and putting out an estimated 300 whp, but he sold it before ever getting it dynod.

I've thought about going sort of the opposite route myself though. Buying an 8th gen civic si or something, installing a turbo and a few simple mods, and removing all the SI badges and whatnot.

I think it could be an interesting new take on sleepers to go the full rice 9 yards.
> Lambo doors
> stupid ebay exhaust
> rota knock-off wheels
> neon lights
the list goes on. for the amount of dumb shit you can do with your car.

eh, there is still plenty of room for traditional "sleepers" to improve.

ive yet to see someone doing mad highway pulls in a minivan or dropping an LS motor into a Honda Insight.

I think a modern sleeper would have to get a bit more psychological than traditionally expected.

We already assume a sleeper is going to look as stock as possible.

So instead, I think what you want to do is make it LOOK like a Walmart ricer special. Make it appear like it's had absolute crap glued onto it that only 15 year olds would think is cool, found at local Walmart stores etc... but then the driveline is actually done professionally.

That would confuse the fuck out of other drivers.
Extra points if you can inject small quantities of oil into the exhaust to make it look like you've got serious cylinder/valve issues.

So what OP is saying?

have you been living under a rock user? there's a video older than time itself of an SRT-4 swapped Caravan doing rolling burnouts, and Bisimoto built a Honda Odyssey to over 1000hp

youtube.com/watch?v=78InPT4iqlw

The oil injection is novel and pretty kek.

that's what i mean. a normal car enthusiast would look at those and go "oh it's a sleeper" I want to be called a faggot by everyone at the car meet bc of my bullshit riced out shitbox and then blow away everyone there.

So basically the "I was only pretending to be retarded" of cars?

umm thats an old idea thats been around for a while

I remember seeing it going on 15 years ago

i think it needs to look as visually shit as possible

fast as balls, obvious and shitty kit cars should be the next sleeper

fiero of the gods

I think you can sell the shitbox sleeper by towing a trailer. They'll never expect someone with a trailer to pull away from them

Yep you're stupid. Too much post-irony on the internet has fucked your brain. You can no longer understand real life.

They could tell because of the racing trailer.

So you want to make a sleeper out of a ricer because everyone is so used to ricers being pieces of shit and no one expects a ricer to actually be a sleeper? Except it's not a sleeper because a sleeper by definition looks like shit but a ricer looks like it goes fast even though it doesn't? But then your car is no longer a ricer BECAUSE it actually PERFORMS well, but it's not a sleeper either because it LOOKS like it performs well?

So basically you just want to make a street-legal Super GT?

Sorry, wrong file.

That is a sleeper innit?

This dog is so fucking happy and I'm about it.

The Stratos is a literal god.

riced out 2JZ civic

Go absolutely full on nfs underground 2
On it

>Forced to use comically overdone body kits and Xboxhueg wings because it had a higher reputation value than the understated, good-looking shit

ebry tiem

I believe this is the term you are looking for

Sleepers need to evolve. A boring looking car that happens to be fast in a straight line is somewhat-surprising, but it's a concept most people are familiar with.

I want to see more well-rounded sleepers that actually have decent track performance and good handling.

I didn't notice this shit back when it first came out and I didn't even have my first boner yet. Went back and played it again recently and found I couldn't even advance in the game without going full movie ricer. Still think young me had good taste with that shit, though.

What about rust buckets?

someone in 24hrs of lemons put an L67 into a Lumina APV

Also it's 'popular' to put a SRT4 engine into a grand caravan

Toyota previa also came supercharged AWD version

Plenty of diesel trucks will take the average sports car off the line. You can't really make a "tuner car" into a sleeper.

youtube.com/watch?v=pEpdZsMv4ks

But rice and speed are not mutually exclusive. There are already plenty of fast modded cars that have been poorly riced out.

>not keeping a Miata solely for abysmal ricing while you keep your other cars tasteful

Why isn't there such thing as a negative sleeper? Like swapping Prius drivetrain into RX-8, or a mustang with inline-4 or some shit.

It's just called a shitty, slow car then

Stanced cars are not particularly fast and lots of them are regarded as shitty as well. Why cars always have to be fast? Or better yet, put a steam engine in the car, that'll show'em.

I'm mean sure, it is really fun to drive an old slow shitbox fast, but purposely making a car that is fast from the factory slow is just retarded. Just think about it, you're spending valuable time and money just to make something a lot worse and on purpose.

Wait isnĀ“t that also a kind of sleeper?

Is a corolla good for a sleeper?

>L67
people like my engine?

I would love to see a FWD Northstar caddy done as an autocross monster, but kept totally stock, appearance-wise anyhow.

OP is a ricer faggot with the same exact idea as everyone with the kind of civic he's talking about

put a 1uz in the back of a previa
RR v8 previa when

my bmw 325i looks like a 90s shitbox that has been through hell. needs paint and dents popped out etc.

its all mechanically nearly new tho, engine swapped as well :)

lsd swap soon

looks trashy but it'll haul ass

They have something going on with a hrv soon