TECHNICS car radio

TECHNICS car radio

anyone got any more info on this? preferably a video of one working?

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b263692663

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Input-Cable-For-VW-Passat-B5-Bora-POLO-Becker-Blaupunkt-UK-/121649502775?epid=1888674001&hash=item1c52e01a37:g:6rgAAOSweW5VUfb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is that a tape deck ?
And what's the thing connected to it

good luck trying to find more info on that thing
old car stereos are lost to time i tell ya

from the looks of it its a JDM radio, if you're considering buying it, be aware that japanese radio stations are on different frequencies than US stations, and can be converted, but i dont know more about it than that.

its cool, and i love technics, but i wouldn't consider buying

>interested in alpine cassette deck with alpine equalizer
>hardly anything on the internet about these things
>they cost way more than they should ok EBay

honestly fuck that shit

old cassette decks shouldnt cost much money at all

i think they should be >50 dollars, maybe more if its something truly special.

i do want a stereo/eq setup in my car tho, i have a double din slot, but i would just need to somehow find a way to mount them

yeah i know.

i have a kenwood krc2000 in my aw11 at the moment, works mint, just want something a bit more special in there. i think the period is way off anyway, i reckon thats late 90's or something. someone mentioned its probably touch screen.

also got a kenwood krc-99, but its busted and in the UK hopefully getting fixed.

they're worth paying all the money for to get them in your car, period correct radios make a huge difference interior wise.

Currently have a 80s pioneer unit in my car but ive been looking at picking up a jap double din cassette radio + eq set but what people say about the different frequencies has been turning me off
They just look so fucking cool

>different frequencies
FM radio ?
here in nz the JDM parallel imports have an inline adaptor applied either in japan or after they arrive here
before the police went to encrypted coms jdm radios without the adapter could pick up police scanners

just do it

Blaupunkt stereos are asthetic as fuckm sound great, and can be found for pretty cheap on ebay

panasonic is good too

why not something like these?

If you get one with DMS it only needs a cheap lead to have an aux input, too.

got one. its busted. in the uk getting fixed. hope he fixes it.

How do i do this?

here's the krc2000 in my adub.

Found one of these on ebay and had to get it. Probably overpaid, but it spoke to me.

Ild kill to find one of these

HOLY MOTHER OF DABS

I NOW HAVE AN UNFINDABLE UNICORN TO SEARCH FOR

Good luck. My heart soared then immediately sank when i found the are unobtainable for any price apparently. Heres another model. The joystick activle controls the surround.

With something like this: ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Input-Cable-For-VW-Passat-B5-Bora-POLO-Becker-Blaupunkt-UK-/121649502775?epid=1888674001&hash=item1c52e01a37:g:6rgAAOSweW5VUfb0

You only need to connect pin 18 of the ISO C connector to ground, pin 19 to left and pin 20 to right, which this cable does. The older ones that used a DIN connector could probably be modified but I haven't got a pin schedule for them.

Neat. Thanks!

This is now an Aesthetic radios thread

This

aesthetic

i have no idea how that works.
ME button?
ARI?
big and small m??
copyright symbol button?

A combo like this would be great
And some new LED's in the car would be dope too

oh fuck I wish I had money for shit like this

is ebay really the only place to get cool retro radios

pretty much. there's some cool as fuck ones on their though, just got to be willing to pay.

JPONRY?

in english

JAPANESE ONLY

what

are there radios with both tape decks and aux ports?

ARI was for traffic news before RDS but I can't remember what it stood for.
Big M is medium wave (L M U - long wave, medium wave and U for VHF in German),
ME is memory, small m is ???
Copyright is mono/stereo - it actually is something like (()

thanks, never knew this

bump

That would look fly as fuck in my E30.

This would also look fly as fuck in my E30. But holy fuck $900 on ebay

God I hate how gaudy and plastic stereos look these days. I just want aux and Bluetooth and maybe USB with controls in something that matches the rest of the dash god damnit

If you have a stock unit it's pretty simple to splice aux into where the cassette deck connects to the stereo's main board, if you don't mind losing the cassette deck

You just have to make sure to splice it past any tape preamp chip otherwise it will clip like mad

There's Bluetooth receivers that have aux passthrough when not connected you could fit in there, to have both BT and aux

There’s gotta be some good choices for a 94 Miata that doesn’t look out of place in it.
I’ve looked and I just can’t find anything

>TFW want an old stereo to match old car
>but every cool looking old stereo will sound like total garbage compared to today's Winamp skin looking garbage

It hurts.

The Becker Indianapolis is a newer head unit that matches BMW amber gauges when it's LCD polarizer is flipped over

Not very retro looking but it's probably the best matching modern option

holy shit that is too german for me.

looks like something from 2007

honestly if you get some nice speakers they will put out

Just get a good amp pcb, make a cool face plate for it, get a cool volume knob, and have just a volume, input, and get some great speakers.